All Comments on 'Different Life'

by marybethf

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Very enjoyable to read

The right amount of sex and tenderness. The amputated leg fit in very well.

TE999TE999over 17 years ago
Sweet and Loving

Extremely well written. I know the Crescent City well and you have described it beautifully. The amputee love angle was very compassionate. Looking forward to other stories in this vein from you.

walkingeaglewalkingeagleover 17 years ago
Nice real to life story!

A nice little story! Made me smile, laugh, and--well its a great story!

DiJiTDiJiTover 17 years ago
Wonderful

This is one of the most passion-filled and loving stories I have ever read. I hope you write many more stories like this.

It was so true to life and so wonderful. Your character development was just perfect and your writing style gave such clear visuals while still using the artistic wording to add a bit of wonder to it all.

Well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Absolutely fantastic

So sweet!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
more than a leg to stand on

This is not your only story with an amputee. I suspect this is being written from experience, be it your own or someone else.Well, I found it sexy, erotic, loving, compassionate, but near the end got fearful (unfounded) that the heroine was going to voluntarily have a limb removed. Thank god you kept it sane!

Very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Even if she did, it would have felt natural

Her Bio says she has one leg, so I guess she does. I love the thick color Beth paints her characters with. She makes it feel okay, normal even, to be missing a limb. Like nothing special is going on, like they were regular people. Sometimes I even forget that the character is missing a limb. I bet even if one of the characters lost a limb on purpose, Beth could make it feel 'natural'.

Different Life has become our favorite bedtime story. Most every night, we take turns reading to each other and acting out parts of the story. We even have crutches now, tuck our leg under our skirts, and walk around pretending just like Karen did. We both want to be the Brenda character, so we toss a coin. She was so sweet. Who says life is not like fiction?

Beth rocks our world. We two women sure hope she continues to toss in people like Brenda and Karen once in a while. A real diversion from all women having huge boobs. Even without a missing limb, her stories are a 5.0 for us.

Lets see, flipping through the phone book, ... s . u . r . g . e . o ... nah. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Loved it your so good

I really loved your story i give it 100 because you left me crying and understanding the hurt and the love for her i hope you write more of her and yourself Like in charles dickins said Please may i have more!!!.

Pat Murray

Atlanta,Ga

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
most remembered story

MaryBeth i read this a while back and i gave it High Grades

and i give it very high grades because i cried thru the whole story when Karen accepts the proposal from Brenda to be her spouse.

Pat Murray

Atlanta,Ga.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Haha. What is this crap, besides a cheap fantasy?

Fake. Unrealistic. Cheap. Unreal. Never happen. Any other way to describe this? Oh, yes. Didn't flow well. Obviously you were never that 'innocent' because she never put up any resistance to the sex that her mother told her was wrong. Her personality in the beginning didn't even hold to the end of the first page. Second- It said she was shy, yet she's telling this woman she just met physically that that woman makes her melt? No, I don't think so. Again- Fake. Unrealistic. Cheap. Unreal. NEVER happen. No plot either. 0/100

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
hm,

I think the story went too fast. I mean, they meet, kiss, sex, love?

It didn't tell how exactly she lost her leg or if she was born that way. Sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Very nice.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 7 years ago
Beautiful!

I loved this story! So full of love. A tad kinky, but not overly so. Thank you for sharing it with us!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Damn.

Finally found a lesbian story with a disabled character and it was terrible. Written just horribly. Oh well.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 2 years ago

Finding your soulmate opens some different points of views and feelings ....... Sooooo lovely ....... And yeah having a closer look at a soul the shell will become a secondary

šŸ’–šŸ’–šŸ’–šŸ’–šŸ’–šŸ’–šŸ’–šŸ’–šŸ’–

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous