Doomed Dynasty Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Patricia described the engagement party in great detail, allowing Milly to imagine she'd been there. She laughed when she read that Courtney had apparently been grooming herself to become 'a real Curtis'.

"Patricia had better watch out. That young girl has travelled the world with her parents and I saw in her some of the characteristics of a headstrong filly. Matt might find he's taken on a handful as well."

But Ponto wasn't listening; he had drifted into a nap, tired of waiting for his overdue breakfast.

The letter explained that it was Matt's idea for her to visit Milly. Patricia said she, Matt and Courtney had agreed on extensive alterations to the home. She would shift into a new wing, another wing was being added for guests, and the remainder of the house would be remodelled to suit Matt and, well, mainly Courtney. It had been decided that Matt would live at the farm and that Patricia should live elsewhere for twelve weeks while the interior of the main house was being gutted and reconstructed.

"One morning Matt opened a letter containing a cheque for a shipment of culled cattle sent to auction at the sale yards, and had been surprised at the net amount received. He said I should go and visit you. It was such a shock. I would never have been brave enough to suggest such a journey myself. I've never flown in an aircraft before and was a bit apprehensive, actually rather nervous, and so Matt and I flew down to Christchurch one weekend on 'a test run' as Matt termed it. I really enjoyed it."

Milly also learned that her brother's old jeep was now resting in storage in a shed on the farm after incredible service to the family. Patricia wrote that Matt had been unbearable to live with for a few days after he decided to replace it with a new Land Rover, a vehicle from England with more bits and pieces and power that was a Jeep equivalent from America.

"For weeks after people would come up to me in the street and ask what's happened to Matt's Jeep. They missed seeing him driving it through town as his father had been before him. Apparently the Jeep and drivers had become institutionalised. Nobody seems to notice the cars I've driven through town for a great many years but according to Matt everyone talks about my driving rather than the car. He thinks that's amusing; he's such a tease."

Milly went over and poked Ponto awake. "Come on, we've got things to do after you've had breakfast. Both the Bridgers and Patricia will be arriving before we know it so I have to stock up Martha's and my pantries and redecorate the larger spare bedroom for Patricia. Let's add a small bathroom."

Cody Schmidt drove up to the ranch house and triggered a quick bleep on the siren of his Sheriff's Department vehicle. He alighted from the vehicle, beer belly wobbling, and blew Milly a kiss. She was on the porch, waving Patricia's letter in the air.

"I've received some wonderful news. Matt's got engaged. Come read his letter with me. Patricia gives all the details. You'll accompany me to the wedding, won't you?"

Cody nodded. "Sure, providing nothing big is going on at the time. I'll try to arrange to take three weeks off. We only got a look at the South Island when we were there for the funeral."

To Be Continued...