All Comments on 'Dr. Snip'

by drsnip

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Awsome

Very nicely done! Chapter 1 was shakey but otherwise great!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Ok for a while, but...

When you started talking about eugenics and creating the ideal Briton, I was turned off, and stopped reading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
The Perfect Briton

On the "perfect Briton": I think the hero (Steve) was uncomfortable with it as well, and this was a set-up for further conflict.

Overall, this is a good story.

Gadgets59Gadgets59almost 17 years ago
Lose the eugenics

Great story – well written, but the eugenics and ‘perfect brit’ were unnecessary, offensive and added nothing to the story. Why did you need to put that in?

drsnipdrsnipover 16 years agoAuthor
eugenics

It appears I have touched a nerve with some of my readers regarding a possible future where Britain follows the path of eugenics.

This is is beyond Steve's control and although he dosen't like it he is powerless to change a society overnight.

Don't confuse eugenics with what happened during the second world war.

Hitler was not a follower of eugenics. He was just using it as an excuse to kill people he didn't like.

what is often forgotten when hearing stories about the cocentration camps is that a large percentage of people sent there were German. They were Germans who were of the Jewish faith, but germans nevertheless.

Hitler was killing his own people as well as those from conquered nations.

Hitler and Stalin were monsters because they killed their own people.

Churchill was responsible for killing a lot of people but he never killed his own countrymen.

I started writing Dr. Snip years ago before this terrorism against Britain started in ernest.

recent events have revealed that we are now being attacked by people who call themselves British.

These people are not British, they were just extremly lucky to have been brought to Britain by their parents, or they were born here.

I can forsee a backlash towards certain groups.

Britain of the 26th Century could be the end of this road if things don't change.

My personal view is that if I didn't like living in a particular country, I could always leave and try and find a country that was better for me. I hurts me deeply to be attacked by those we have taken in and who enjoy our protection.

Regards Dr. Snip.

sgtwarped1sgtwarped1over 16 years ago
nice blend

I enjoyed your story very much. your eugenics twist gave the story a nice blend.and considering the merry path to hell that science is leading us down, one that is plausible as well.

Angelique BouchetteAngelique Bouchetteabout 16 years ago
A Pretty Good Read!

Liked the whole idea, well thought out, with plenty of room for expansion. The author seems reasonably knowledgable on his subject matter, but the sexual scenes were rather skimmed over. I was a little disturbed be the rather off-handed manner that the hero & heroine regard serious violence.

Keep up the good work!

marbles84marbles84about 14 years ago
Loved it!

I couldn't stop reading, and I stayed up until I had finished it. Great story line and a great ending!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Haha

It was interesting at first.. But you managed to skip the sex like what...4 times -.- .. I stopped reading at pg.15 sorry..

maxx308maxx308almost 13 years ago
Bravo

I found your story to be a very interesting and fascinating read. Though you hinted to the sex between the two main characters I didn't find it necessary to go into great detail about there love making. This wasn't a story to wank to but a syfy story. One that was well written and enjoyable. I intend to look at your other writings and hope to find them as well written and entertaining as this one was.

Thank you for sharing you story with us.

chaser73065chaser73065over 11 years ago
Good Story

Bloody long but good story I enjoyed it.

WlljamWlljamalmost 10 years ago
Top marks!

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle would ave been proud of you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well conceived, beautifully executed

This is the most engaging story I have read on the Lit site. It is a joy to be immersed in such a carefully crafted environment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Totally enjoyed

Aside from a few typos and couple of storyline errors, I totally enjoyed this read.

I look forward to reading any additional episodes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I couldn’t get past the flawed logic in this “time traveling” story

When you post in sci-fi... the geeks and nerds have a higher standard.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
great story.

that was a great story. good writing, absolutely enjoyed that ride.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous