Dragon Clans Bk. 01 Pt. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Even as he thought it, the lie of it stung him.

Watching her moving around the flat, talking animatedly on the phone across a room, she seemed fine, hell she seemed way better than fine and this fact.... bothered him.

Not because he wished she were hurt, rather that he was more than simply relieved that she was ok.

He was pondering the nature of the duality of his feelings when she stepped through the small door onto the patio.

Staring at him for a moment, Tera looked at the ground as she spoke "I haven't had a chance to say thank you for this morning, what you did was amazingly brave," pausing while looking up into his eyes. Her features hardened just a bit as she continued "amazingly stupid as well Mr. Dane, you should never have tried to save me, I am trained in these types of things, it was fool hardy for you to take the actions you did. Now that I have lectured you, I really do appreciate you saving me." she finished.

The look on her face conveyed a sense of need and things unsaid as she stood turning away from him to look out over the city in the slowly dying light of the day.

Michael rose and crossed to her side. "May I see where you were shot," Michael asked, his voice quiet, no sense of demanding more one of not being sure if he wanted her to say yes.

Reaching to the hem of her shirt Tera pulled it up on the side facing Michael.

He looked down at the small-discolored spot on her side, surprised at how it was almost not noticeable.

Without thinking his fingertips played softly over the small scar, causing Tera to catch her breath. He lingered for a moment, noticing the supple curve of her almost hidden breast beneath the shirt before the moment passed and she dropped the shirt back into place.

"Nigel has requested that you have a bodyguard for the next few days till we can be sure we have rounded up the rest of the cell, I volunteered if that is ok with you," Tera said as Michael looked into her eyes trying to gauge the truth of the statement.

"That's not really necessary, I am pretty good at taking care of myself, I appreciate the offer but I really don't think I need protection," he said.

The thoughts of her staying with him only fueled his previous questions about the duality of his current feelings.

"It's not really a request Mr. Dane, due to the severity of the situation, we insist that you have a bodyguard till we are sure the situation is in hand," she said, taking a chance, hoping that a hard line would help him to see things her way.

Walking behind her, almost touching her back with his chest he bent his mouth to her ear, his throaty whisper caught her off guard. "You had no trouble calling me Michael in the river, lets dispense with the Mr. Dane. Grab what you need and let's go, there are steaks in my refrigerator that need to be cooked...roomy"

She spun and watched him as he went through the patio door, her whole body quivered at the thought of his breath on her neck, what was she going to do about these feelings. She shrugged and followed after him, she did after all have a body to protect.

Michael smiled as he walked down the steps, feeling good about taking a bit of control in what had become an out of control situation, his smile widened as he heard the door above him open and Tera follow him down the stairs.

12