Dreams of Love Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
FaeLina
FaeLina
220 Followers

Someone cleared their throat, causing her to jump. She dried her tears and turned around.

Jiss stood there, her faded blue eyes inquisitive. "Lana? That's an unusual name young one. Where exactly are you from?" she asked.

Linaross fidgeted uncomfortably, pressing closer to Milky. "My name is a variation of my mother's. And I'm from this kingdom, just traveling, looking for my father. I never knew him," she finally said. Jiss's expression softened a little and stepped closer. Linaross stepped backward unconsciously and turned back to Milky.

"I'm sorry child. I hope you find him. But I'm here about Topain. He seems to know you. Have you two met before?" Jiss's question made Linaross smile. If only the older woman knew.

"No. I've never seen him before in my life," Linaross lied. Then she turned towards Jiss. Tossing her long bangs back with a toss of her head, she smiled brightly. "But he does intrigue me. Who is he?" she asked.

"Oh, he is just a traveler who passed by a little while ago. He saved my daughters from drowning when my oldest daughter's husband tied them up and threw them in the river," Jiss explained. Linaross's eyes widened in horror and she gasped.

"How horrible! Why would he do that?" she asked. "I have a feeling because they wouldn't give themselves to him. So he raped them and then tried to quiet them; permanently. Only now he is the one who is buried behind the church," Jiss said, tensing in old anger. Linaross was horrified that such a thing could happen in her father's kingdom. Nothing she had experienced in the palace could have prepared her for this. "Now child, don't tell me you've never heard of anything like this. It happens most everywhere, unfortunately." Jiss was watching her carefully. The poor girl looked like she was about to faint.

"Actually I haven't. I led a very sheltered life up until now. It so horrible," Linaross stammered. Anger was slowly replacing the horror and she vowed to help those in need during her three year trial. Topain would help. She would see to that.

"Well, that's the horrible thing Lana. Your mother should have taught you more. But, back to Topain. He's like a son to me. If you do get up with him, be careful. I don't want to see him get hurt. You hear me young one?" Jiss said fiercely. Linaross nodded and set to putting up her grooming tools.

"Excuse me, Miss Jiss. But I most get to an inn. It's getting late and I've had a hard long day. I will see you later maybe? And I will keep in mind your warning. Good night," Linaross said. Jiss nodded and left, walking briskly despite her age.

:Topain? Can you hear me?: she thought.

:Yes: was the immediate response.

:Can I come to the inn now? Do you have a room yet?:

:Yes love. Come now: Topain gentle, loving mind-voice warmed her heart as she strode out of the stables and towards the Lonely Friends inn. When she reached it, she groaned. Her saddlebags were heavy and the walk was longer then she had suspected. Walking inside, she looked around for the innkeeper. Spotting him, she strode over to him. "Innkeeper, I need a room for the night," she said commandingly. The older man stared down at her indignantly. "I don't have a room to spare girl. You should have come earlier. Go try someone else," he said before turning, dismissing her. She clenched her jaw and reached in her money pouch and took out some money.

"I said I need a room," she repeated, placing the money before him on the counter.

His eyes widened at the sight of the gold coins mixed in with the more common silver. "And I said I have none. Now go. Unless you want a dinner," he said, a little kinder. :Topain! Help: she groaned mentally. Then he was there, placing a hand on the innkeeper's shoulder.

"Is there a problem Josef?" he asked, his gaze going between the innkeeper and Linaross.

"Just that this girl wants a room here and I have none left," Josef said. Topain looked at Linaross closely.

"Lana! What a surprise. I didn't recognize you there," he said.

"You know her Topain?" Josef's stance was skeptical.

"Yes. We met today in the marketplace. Here, why doesn't she sleep in my room with me, and that will solve the problem we have here," Topain suggested. Josef's eyes lit up, and he nodded eagerly. A few silver coins were swept up off the table and disappeared in his pocket.

Linaross opened her mouth to protest, but Topain grabbed the rest of her money and her bag and led her towards some stairs.

:That was too easy. Most likely he'll be checking to make sure I treat you with respect,: he said mentally. She murmured agreement and conjured a lantern to light the dim hallway better. He smiled thankfully and opened a door. "Here we are Lana, our room for the night. Do you approve?" he asked.

"Yes. It'll do. But let me add a few things. It's too impersonal," she said. Then, concentrating, she conjured some things that reminded her of home, little trinkets that had decorated her room and his. He grinned and slid his arms around her. "Perfect Lina; I would never have thought of that," he whispered. She smiled back at him and kissed him softly. Then she laughed as his stomach growled.

"Is someone hungry?" she asked playfully. He flushed and nodded. He opened the door again and stepped out into the hall. She followed him, her own stomach growling a reminder her last meal had been the night before. After they had made love so fiercely. She blushed hard at the memory.

"Is everything satisfactory milord?" the innkeeper asked when they stepped into the main hall.

"Everything is fine Josef. When is supper going to be served?" Topain asked.

"Right away. Miss, are you comfortable with the bedding arrangements?" Josef inquired.

"Yes, it's fine. I'm glad Topain here came up with it. What is to be served?" Linaross sat at a table and smiled kindly up at the innkeeper, bewitching him with her beauty without knowing it.

"Whatever you like. May I get you some ale?" Josef suggested. She shook her head and he said hurriedly, "How about some cider, a bowl of stew, and fresh baked bread?"

"Yes please. Thank you," Linaross said. He hurried away and she laughed. "So eager to please me isn't he?" she asked Topain.

"You have money. If he doesn't keep you happy, then you might not come back and spread a bad word about his inn. He doesn't want that, so he caters to you. Just like I want to do tonight," he said. She flushed a light pink from his sexual suggestion.

"Stop Topain, people are watching. What will they think if their town hero is caught catering to a lowly girl," she said, looking around. "They will envy me the honor of dining with the most beautiful girl this town has ever seen. I heard Jiss came to see you before you came here. What did she say?" He reached for her hand and held it in his, smiling lovingly at her.

"Just that I better not hurt you. She thinks of you as a son. If I do hurt you, she will have the whole town after me. But she also filled me in on something I had never known," she trailed off, thinking of the cruel thing that had put Jiss's daughters in such dire trouble.

"What is that Lina?" Topain asked, intrigued.

"That the world isn't perfect. That many people hurt others for their own pleasure. Murder, stealing, raping, cheating; everything Father told me didn't exist in his kingdom. Why did he lie to me?" she asked. He shrugged and tossed his bangs out of his eyes.

"I honestly don't know Lina. But no one can stop everything wrong in the world. Father is trying. You must give him credit for that. But here comes our food," he said, dropping her hand as Josef placed some food in front of them.

"Enjoy miss and milord," he said before walking away. She laughed and started eating.

"Mmm, this isn't bad. Almost as good as what Cook makes back home. But don't you dare tell her I said that," Linaross said. Topain laughed and watched her eat, loving her enthusiasm. When she looked at him inquisitively, he shrugged.

"You look so lovely there. So different then I have ever seen you. I love it. I love seeing you so happy and carefree," he said. She blushed and hid her face behind her curls.

"That's only because of the fact I can be who I want to be out here. I don't have to worry about court rules. I can be the girl I was born to be," she said.

"You were born to be Linaross. You were born to be the woman I love and cherish. You were born to save this land from any evil that might still be lurking in it. Fate just decided to twist it around so that you were adopted into the royal family instead of born into it. That is why you were born. You are the one who makes yourself unhappy. You think that because your mother, Willa, was a peasant girl, you can only be happy with that life. But you can be happy as long as you love who you are and who you are with," Topain said, lifting her head up.

"But," she started to protest, but he shushed her.

"Who do you love?" he asked.

"You, my love. I love you with all my heart and soul. I'd die for you," she whispered after a long pause.

"Do you love who you are?" he asked her. She nodded, confused. "Then why can't you be happy anywhere life puts you? Like yesterday afternoon, you were finally out in the open country, but you were unhappy. Why?"

"Because I wasn't with you. I had my dream come true, but I wasn't happy because the one person I wanted to share it with wasn't with me," she said, finally understanding. He nodded then sat back in his chair. Linaross smiled to herself. Topain was right. Life had been worst when she thought Topain hated her. But it got better after her birthday. She had left the castle, believing she had been leaving her love behind, and had been miserable, until he "showed" up. And everything had been exactly as she had dreamed. Except now she knew about the evils of mankind.

FaeLina
FaeLina
220 Followers
12