All Comments on 'Dressing Appropriately'

by Tarakin

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
good but...

the stoy was spoiled for me when you mentioned her 34Cs. Why do writers (particularly male ones) have to include the bra size? As a woman, I find it distasteful, so I didn't give you the full score. There are many adjectives to describe women and their parts. Now many may disagree with me, but this is just my humble opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
To a man the size does help understand her

body and we are after all very visual. Telling us she is a 34C gives us an idea of how very nie and full this woman's breasts are. I like the idea!

elfin_odalisqueelfin_odalisquealmost 16 years ago
good fun!

I liked it but i share the view that bra sizes shouldn't ever be in stories. i did a piece about it.

Anyway, I enjoyed you little piece and I wish you well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
I agree, giving the bra size is silly

I liked the piece, but as a matter of principle, I'm taking points off for mentioning bra size as well. I'm a man and I find descriptions of a woman's breasts much more alluring and appealing than declaring them "34c's" or, even sillier, "36 double d's." Tell me they were round and firm, or soft and quivering, or pert or perky, anything but bra size.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
I found it very clever.

And being male, while I could also appreciate an adjectival description, the size designation does serve as a shorthand.

Though I like As and Bs better.

freshfacefreshfacealmost 16 years ago
Very clever

A fun story with a great plot twist for an ending. I have to join the chorus on the bra size issue, but it was still a good read.

meg1meg1almost 16 years ago
I don't mind

the use of bra size. I'm a woman, and I would much prefer you just tell me the bra size than compare her breasts to pieces of fruit. I like your different take on stories, you seem to find a great way to incorporate the theme without making them the same as everyone else's.

MarshtickledkittyMarshtickledkittyalmost 16 years ago
Very cute, Tarakin

Perhaps you shouldn't have used the girl's bra size, but I didn't really notice until I read your other comments. Personally, I think it's extraordinary that you're able to write in English as well as you do, since it's not your native language. I thought this was clever and well written, and I know it took you hours and hours to write, edit, and submit it for everyone's entertainment. Best of luck in the contest.

rachlourachloualmost 16 years ago
I liked it.

Short, amusing, and a great take on the theme. Since the bra size debate has come up, i'll mention that I prefer NOT to read a size in a story, but it didn't spoil the this one for me. Thanks for the read and good luck!

MagicaPracticaMagicaPracticaalmost 16 years ago
Hilarious!

A quick, sexy, humorous read. Loved it!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous