Duke Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

That last comment seemed to stagger Sandi a little. "Yes I'll make a big effort. This is why I've come home. I knew mom has people around her who could help me, because she's that kind of person. You appeared to be the most unlikely person to assist me, staring at my body as you did, but then you began talking to Bonnie and I hesitated and though I should not be too ready to dismiss you."

"I'm pleased to hear that Sandi," Duke said, pulling out his phone. "Give me your cell phone number and I'll punch it in."

Sandi did that and said, "What now?"

"What time do you go to bed?"

"Early these days because I seem to run out of energy and become tired and the jetlag is not helping."

"I find bedtime is a good time to talk to women remotely. In that situation you have their complete attention."

"Then call me tomorrow night at 9:30. Have there been a lot of women?"

"I've rarely been without a woman, so yes there have been a few or a lot, depending on one's perspective."

"It's obvious you know how to talk to a woman. I shall look forward to your calls. Please understand I'm still not dating."

"I understand. Good night."

"Good night."

They didn't touch.

As Duke climbed into his vehicle Sandi said, "You are being ridiculous if you expect to have sex with me in three Saturdays from tonight."

"Oh I like being ridiculous. I'm very good at it."

He waved at Sandi who appeared not to know what to say.

She waved briefly and stood watching Duke depart.

Duke had only just sat down to pat Misty, who now could come and go as she pleased via a cat door, when his phone went.

"Well?"

"Thanks for dinner Jean. Very impressive. I really don't know about Sandi except I'll say this: I feel that deep down she's already taken to me."

"You mean attracted to you?"

"I mean in the sense of bonding. Is she my age?"

"A year older. She turned thirty-five seven months ago. Well thank you my darling boy. Good night."

Duke stretched. He felt like having sex. Why was it only the sluts were easy but he wondered about the veracity of that opinion? There must be some guys whose girlfriend or wife or both wanted sex more than their guys did? If they didn't he still preferred to think there were women like that.

Was Sandi switched on to sex? Well Jean had described her as being over-sexed and that was something you don't expect any mother to say about her daughter but then Jean wasn't your cardboard cut-out mother. God Jean must have been a tomboy when growing up.

Anyway who wanted women who were sexually easy? He'd gone off women after running amok with several of them recently including the Thompson twins and it was true the twins did everything together. He'd thought kicking up his heels would take his mind off the dearly departed Lisa but it really only served to almost put him off women. God as soon as some of them had sex they complained about being in a mess and wanted to be taken home and in most cases it was an effort for them to say good night because they were so switched off. They acted like the female equivalent of drones? After a rash of disappointments he'd stepped aside from women, apart from Bell, and had cut back on his drinking and immediately felt much better, much happier. That served to confirm why he was a bachelor by choice.

No worries.

Oh yeah?

Dick was in bed watching an adult DVD to ensure he didn't forget about sex when his phone went. He turned off the volume and answered the call, thinking there might be an emergency at one of the mines.

"Duke Caine."

"Hi."

Who the hell was this? It was obviously female but the voice was so flat. Oh shit a pregnancy alarm. Why didn't he concentrate on seducing married women and they would surely get away with it? He never thought of it being Sandi because he hadn't given her his phone number.

"I know it's late but I got your mobile number off mum. I can't wait till tomorrow night for you to call."

Oh god, he'd linked up with a compulsive caller. He was doomed.

He said no it was fine, not late for him.

"Are you watching a filthy movie?"

Huh? Well lying in this situation was compulsory unless he could fend well. So he stalled asking why would she think that?

"Because you are not married. Bachelors think about sex 24/7."

"Oh yeah, in that case I must be married without being aware of having that status."

Her voice seemed to lift as she laughed and said he was funny.

"What rental movies do you like best?"

Duke said action adventure and that was the truth. He asked about her favourite genre.

"Romance but only if it centres on plenty of sex. I hate those first teenage lover capers and adult kiss and smell the flowers stories. What's your favourite thing about sex?"

Duke swallowed. He was talking to a babe teetering on emotional meltdown. He had no wish to upset her.

He decided to be truthful. "If I were to answer that it might upset you."

"No it's fine. We are chatting about one of my favourite interests. Be as disgusting as you wish."

"The smell of pussy."

Sandi drawled out o-m-i-g-o-d and said she felt excited.

Duke thought it best to say nothing.

She cooed, "I'm in bed and have thrown the covers back and am touching myself. You don't mind do you?"

Duke automatically reached for his dick and felt it vibrate excitement, although that would be the blood pumping to elongate and swell it. The same process could be happening to her tits and pussy lips. He couldn't believe she was engaging him in phone sex when she was supposed to be emotionally crippled. God Jean was right, she'd known instinctively her daughter needed to consult with Dr Duke Caine, sexologist.

Oh crap, he groaned. He didn't have a towel handy.

* * *

Duke waited apprehensively next morning for the first of Sandi's ten or more pestering calls.

But no calls came.

At 3:00 Jean called him.

"Look please do me a favour, Sandi is almost out of her tree waiting for you to call her."

"No."

"What?"

"Listen to me Jean, this is a great development. You wanted her switched back on emotionally and that's happening. I'll call her when I think the timing is right."

"You're inhuman."

"And you are fretting too much and that's not like you Jean. Just be yourself and attempt to be like Sandi remembers you. She's seeking to establish roots and you have a major role in assisting with that."

"You upstart, don't you dare tell me what to do."

He grinned. "Ah that sounds more like the Jean I know and respect."

Duke switched off his phone before she could reply.

* * *

The previous night when her phone call to Duke ended, Sandi was pleased her little ploy had worked. He'd been great and got her off and soon after he told her he was done, and she'd knew what that meant because he was panting.

Cleaning up she dug two finders in and smelt them and her eyelashes fluttered and she cried, "Phew!" Obviously when men smelt the heat of sex-ready pussy their olfactory receptors translated the... er... scent differently than the scent processed by a woman's nose. Well true or not that was her perception.

Not long after dawn Sandi heard tiny feet approaching and thought she seemed a little more relaxed. She smiled, stretched and reached over and lifted up the kicking, squealing youngster.

"Where is he?

Oh god, it had been months and months since Bonnie had spoken about her father.

"I thought Duke would be here."

That drew a gasp from Sandi. Duke?

"Um does that mean you wouldn't mind if he were beside me in bed?"

"Nope. He'd play with me. We like Duke don't we mummy."

"Yes we do," Sandi said, her mind reeling. This had been totally unexpected. She'd long worried that Bonnie had bottled up things about her father and now this seemed to indicate to her, although not to Bonnie because she was too young to rationalise thoughts in that manner, that Duke was acceptable as an alternative father/husband.

And how did she feel about that?

Sandi felt as if he head was about to implode. "Shower, mummy must have a shower. You can come too darling."

Over breakfast Sandi should feel her tension increasing. He fingers were itching to grab her phone and call Duke. And what would he think about that? She cringed, knowing men preferred women to keep their distance until they wanted sex or to be called to be told something important.

Her father said her cheeks were pink and she looked great.

"I'm sorry I have been all over the place emotionally; it must be tough for you guys."

"You are simply a slightly distressed butterfly compared with some of the screwed up guys and women I often deal with at work so please don't consider yourself an impost. You are home and it's your home and we love you. You are here to heal and we are with your one hundred percent."

Mother and daughter exchanged astonished glances. For Neville, that little outburst rated as almost a speech.

"Thanks guys, I love you."

"I love grandad best. He doesn't stop me doing things like grandma does."

"But do you love them."

"Yes mummy. I love you grandma and grandad knows I love him because he makes me say that to him don't you grandad?"

"What was that darling?" grandad said and asking Jean for more coffee. As he expected, Bonnie moved on to talk about something else.

"Mum may I borrow your vehicle. I wish to get my hair highlighted and my nails done."

"You make the booking darling and drop Bonnie and me off at the library. They have a crèche there where children may be left for a maximum of one hour. I can do some shopping and collect her and take her to Nora's Tea House and you can meet us there."

"Do you have Call Minder on the house phone?"

"Yes but you have your mobile. People will can you on that."

"But he might call me on the house phone and I'd not want to miss a message to call back."

"Who is he?"

"Duke."

With great restraint Neville and Jean didn't glance at each other, presumably expecting Sandi to be watching for reaction.

"I think I'll buy fish for tonight."

"Great mom."

Sandi turned to give attention to Bonnie and Jean looked at Neville who winked at her. She smiled and he grinned. It was as if they had just said things were looking up.

When been driven home Jean could see Sandi appeared somewhat agitated and asked what was the matter. Bonnie was asleep in the car seat so Sandi let it all out. She related how she'd called Duke after Jean had given her his phone number and they'd talked for an hour and she felt he'd lifted her spirits. Yet she'd waited all morning for him to call but he hadn't."

"Most men are lax about social communication dear."

"Well I'm not permitting him to be lax."

"He'll call."

"What when he wants sex?"

Jean said softly, perhaps it's you who needs sex?

If Jean half-expected an outburst it didn't come. Instead after a little delay Sandi turned and smiled, "There goes my mother, right on the ball as usual."

As soon as Jean reached her bedroom she called Duke. He had her almost climbing up the wall being stoic and refusing to call Sandi until he thought it was time to call her. How the hell would he know when was the right or wrong time to call a woman?

Jean was flouring the fish after taking a huge sip of the gin and tonic Neville had handed her when the phone went.

Blast people who stupidly phone at dinner time she thought, placing a floury mitt to lift up the house phone and barked "Yes?"

"Oooh, touchy. Did you fall of your pony this afternoon."

"For your information I ride a large gelding which is what you deserve to be after leaving my daughter on tenterhooks all day."

"Well now is the right time to call, you ungrateful woman. Put her on."

Jean stood at the kitchen door and yelled, "Sandi, it's Duke."

"Tell him I'm almost ready mum. I have expected him to do this and invite me out to dinner."

Jean shook her head in disbelief. She'd not expected either of her daughters to ever out-smart her and now this. She gritted, "Duke Cairn you best smarten up your act or you'll be under my daughter's thumb."

TO BE CONCLUDED

12