Emap Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
emap
emap
237 Followers

"It would take you two years to understand what they are doing, and three more to figure out what is illegal and what is just wrong." Tony says with a groan as he picks up Melanie's cup from the floor.

"It would not, I am an archeologist you know, well was I suppose is the proper term."

"What's an archeologist?" Steffi asks looking confused.

"Oh my, she speaks I was starting to think I got your tongue." I say making Anna and Steffi laugh. "An archeologist is someone that investigates lost civilizations for clues to how they lived and what they did. Indiana Jones, for a very exciting and not terribly accurate portrayal, same idea at least."

"Well there's an idea, we can watch Indiana Jones after dinner I bought her the DVD set." Tony says making me groan.

"I have to find that box still and you need to hook up our TV. Not to mention finding an electrician I need more plugs. Oh wait we need more plugs Anna needs help on her house as well. Oh that reminds me, call a roofer tomorrow as well, our roof looks a little bad and I think Anna's does also."

"Reminds me the guy who helped us move in said they have a roofing team going around fixing the roofs. Apparently all of the houses being moved into are abandoned these are the best of them so we will see the promised teams last." Anna says sitting back and sipping on her coke.

"Huh and we had asked for the worst of the housing."

"We got the worst of it, according to the report I got we are smack dab in the middle of three gangs. John I think got the worst house in terms of repair, his section is one house in ten occupied. At least officially, there are probably drug houses over there." Tony gets up to get the TV hooked up.

I get up to search for the Xbox and the DVD collection I drop those in front of him as I move around opening up boxes and putting things in good spots. I have the living room fairly well finished when everyone is sitting down to the start of Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark.

"I think the computer is going to have to stay in the corner by the table." I mutter as I sit down next to Tony.

"It's in a good spot there unless you want to move the sofa over and put it in front of the window." He says as he pulls me closer.

No more talking as we watch the movie, besides being not terribly close to archeology it is a wonderful movie and I rather like Harrison Ford.

"Is it really like that?" Steffi asks smiling big.

"I can't say for sure I never went to Africa and of course this was before the First World War. From my experience no, I specialized in the natives of the America's, I lead an expedition into Arizona to look at the Anasazi and was part of a smaller expedition into Mexico before that. No traps, at least none that worked his methods were a little rushed and haphazard. Basically until I went looking for Jaguar's last temple all I did was dig up fragments of pottery and tools and theorized. It's not exciting but if you like figuring out the history of stuff you find it is the absolute best job to have."

"That doesn't sound so good for me, what do you do Tony?" Steffi says with a small frown then brightens as she asks Tony.

"I was a detective for the police in Los Angeles, really not that different from what she did. I went to places and have to piece together what happened by whom and why if at all possible. It was just a lot more recent than her work and generally nasty looking. Before that I was a patrolman, that was actually more fun most of the time, it's simply talking to people, getting to know the neighborhood your assigned and solving disputes. Even in Los Angeles the shootings were not daily so a lot of the days were really nice."

"Oh that sounds nice, is it hard to become a police officer?"

"In certain respects, there are some tests you have to go through to get accepted for training, and the training is actually a little strenuous. If you can make it through the training and survive the first year, they like to stick the first years in tough environments. Most don't die of course many find it is to hard on them to do the job, no degree's required, you do need to make it through high school I think. Police is a little like the military, you have to be able to take orders and follow them not being able to graduate high school doesn't speak well for listening to authority."

"See Steffi I told you school is important. It may be boring at times but you gotta go every day otherwise you don't get the job you want." Anna says hugging Steffi.

"I know grandma daddy says it to me when we visit."

"He sounds like he has figured it out, is he coming up for parole at any time?" I ask getting a small groan from Tony.

"Well yes actually in two weeks, he's promised he will find a job and help us eat better. Along with doing the things I find hard, taking Steffi to the bus stop and shopping. I'm old my legs don't work as well as they used to, he seems confident he will get paroled." Anna says with a smile, Steffi smiles big in excitement of being with daddy again.

"Well that sounds great, I'll see if I can find a place hiring on my exploring, no promises I'm not even sure if there are walk ups here. Does he have any skills and I suppose knowing his name would be good?"

"Darryl Brown and yes he actually is a fairly good cook. He's good with numbers as well though I suppose that doesn't mean as much with a record."

"No that might help, most of the walk ups the owner is the cook and they are not always good with numbers." Tony says finally taking an interest.

"You two are welcome to stay, we have a bunch of DVD's I'm a movie lover I missed all of them and I like to see what I've missed. I am going to go explore, right after the bathroom of a horrid color. It works at least." I say getting up Melanie gets up wanting to go again first.

After helping Melanie go I take my robe off and sit on the toilet, I turn my radio on to check if there are any problems. I catch a conversation in the middle between John and Alf, his name is actually Alfred he just has a big nose and rather wild hair so everybody calls him Alf.

"So John let me get this straight, you think the house behind yours is a drug lab because it smells weird?" I can hear Alf's wife laughing in the background.

"Yes, it's not a meth lab but it has to be some sort there are canisters of chemicals in the backyard."

"What sort of chemicals?" I ask getting a suspicion he isn't far off.

"Well the only one I know for sure on is formaldehyde, distinct odor to that stuff and the canisters I did see have it in big letters."

"Well that is the favorite chemical to hide drugs in right now I can't smell drugs through it. John I think what you have is a distribution center behind your house, call the local precinct and ask if that house is occupied I'll be over shortly." I say getting up, flushing, washing my hands then going feral.

When I come out of the bathroom I find they are watching Star Wars. I go give Tony a kiss, he reaches up and starts scratching my ears. I jump when my radio squawks then John comes on again.

"Jaguar I checked, that house is officially empty that whole street is I think they are going to send a couple patrols over. They will be here in about five minutes if you want to wait or are getting your ears scratched." Tony laughs I just move my head a little so he scratches in a better spot.

"Does that feel as good as I think it does?" Anna asks with a giggle.

"Better, there is nothing quite as good as getting your ears scratched as a cat. Course have to be careful my claws start coming out eventually, it's rather orgasmic." I say with a sigh as Tony stops.

"So come on out with it why is John checking if a house is empty?"

"Because there are chemicals in the back yard of the house behind his, I need a direction to go and more scratching please."

"Ask John for his address we haven't found that box yet, I guess it's in the bedroom."

"John what is your address? He forgot and is not scratching he's very mean to me."

Tony reaches up and scratches again I hear laughter over the radio. I don't care I'm being scratched and feeling wonderful. I start purring and don't realize John said his address Tony does at least he stops scratching right when I get to the point of popping claws, I groan and look at him he's pointing.

"Tony dear find the gloves I really need to be scratched more later." I have to sigh at the no more scratching then head for the back door.

Tony explains the gloves as I go out I was given them by Frank when I was about six months pregnant with Melanie. They are shark gloves, a fine mesh of metal and Kevlar supposed to be impenetrable by shark teeth. I don't know how well they work for that, but on me being scratched they let me lie on a lap and get scratched with no puncturing of legs.

I'm forced to use the streets, a great number of the houses on my way to John's house are abandoned or otherwise look to be in ill repair. I'm not terribly heavy even for a smaller big cat though with my weight going to two feet it is not distributed evenly like on a regular cat. I'd hate to put a hole through someone's roof so I'm using the street and getting seen here and there. A lovely smell draws my attention I detour in that direction and follow it down.

I have to stop, this is a lovely view, it is a walk up with tables scattered about all with a canopy. There are a few people sitting at the tables and a few more sitting at a counter on the side, there is also a drive through section unused at the moment. My radio squawks as I'm walking forward.

"Jaguar are you still being scratched, those patrols are going to be here in three minutes."

"John you are impatient, I found heaven I think, flag down the patrols and hold them I gotta speak with the management."

There is some alarm as I walk closer, at least until someone says it's Jaguar. I wave to the people at the tables as I round the corner and find an empty section of the counter. A rather tall dark skinned man walks to where I am standing and looks down at me.

"Well either that is a very good disguise or I should feel honored." His voice is soft and gentle and very nice.

"I could cut myself if you'd like. I am doing a get to know Detroit run and well finding a place I can stop to get snacks is very high on the list. The food here smells delicious you are a walk up so I don't have to worry about going in and out through a door. So I am left with two questions, what do you make and would you mind billing the city?"

"No cutting of you is needed, quick rundown of our menu is hamburgers, hot dogs with and without chili, we do a very nice fish sandwich, there are an array of salads, fries and onion rings we have sundaes and shakes as well. We close at four AM though we usually have people here until almost five so we can leave you a care basket if you would like. Billing the city is fine we do enough business here to afford feeding you for free, the interstate runs through Detroit half a mile from here. If we had a bigger lot we would get truckers, we do anyway they all come in a couple cars and eat up before they drive their load of cars off."

"Oh this is just perfect, oh while I'm thinking on it. One of my brigade has neighbors a woman and her granddaughter, her son gets out on parole in two weeks, would you perhaps be looking to hire a parolee who is a good cook and good with numbers?"

"I don't see why not, I have a record myself, give me his name and I'll make a note."

"Darryl Brown. Oh and could you tell me the address here I need to let everyone know."

He relates the address that I repeat over the radio then I let him repeat the menu. I have to click it twice to get them to stop doing the cat's love fish joke.

"John could you give me directions to your house in relation to heaven please."

While John is giving me directions the man holds up a finger to me and walks away. I make him repeat it twice before finally asking for a direction, the smell of this place is just to good. I'm getting antsy to go on to John's house and just about ready to just go when he comes back carrying a basket with just a hamburger in it. I collect it from the basket when he holds it out to me and take a bite.

"Oh my god this is so good, I see why you do well interstate nearby or not." I say before taking another bite.

"Thank you, I wish I had a camera, Jaguar saying that would triple our sales I think."

"Mikael if you have a bag handy I'd like to finish this after I see to an empty house that isn't." I say to him after looking closer to read his nametag.

"Of course hang on, it's pronounced Michael, my parents wanted to use a different spelling, though I admit to liking the way you say it." Mikael says as he reaches under the counter and comes up with a paper bag.

"It's an interesting name it's originally Hebrew meaning 'who is like god'. I learned Russian from a wonderful man named Mikael long time ago which is why I say it like that." I say then take the bag from him. "Thank you I might come back later, though chances are better you will see me often starting tomorrow."

I wave to him at the street then turn and really put on the speed. The interstate is interesting it's raised but not very much except at certain major streets. I have to be a little careful crossing, it's a very wide interstate I guess for the semi's and still fairly heavy in traffic. I'm stuck on crossing the second side, a passing semi honks at me then I hear the guy inside speaking over the radio. I have to giggle at the sudden empty road the semi's got across most of the interstate and slowed down, it's only open for a second or two but much longer than I needed, I go across waving to the semi's they all give me the air horn toot and are past.

After that it's pretty easy running except I'm lost, John gets over the radio saying the patrols are there. I sigh then do a search pattern, quick darts to the next cross street and looking both ways before moving on to the next. I find the right street after five darts at least it only took a couple seconds. I run right up and hand my bag to a patrolman who looks at it then me quizzically.

"I found heaven and a very nice Mikael gave me a sample, hang onto that I'll want to finish it after looking at this house."

"Yeah funny thing about heaven, it's called heavenly burgers." John says getting me and the patrolmen to laugh.

"I think we will have to put the lights up, a lot of the houses don't look good and I'm afraid to leap from house to house." The patrolmen look a little confused. "The lights are lasers specially designed for me to see at night in colors, my night vision isn't good for color but they managed to get it to where I can see a few. The brigade houses all get a green the police stations get a red. So over the radio what happens is I get told a quadrant and a direction from the light. The cars they get have a strobe laser they can turn on for me to track, these are purple to me. The guys all swear it's pink though I think they just don't want me to come do it all for them."

"It is pink I think you should tell central to put up the lights." John says with a wink to the patrolmen.

"Central this is Jaguar do you read?" I say over my radio.

"Switch channels, central hasn't gotten hooked up to us yet." Alf comes back over the radio.

I give John a dirty look as I reach down and switch my radio over, right in the middle of a report of domestic dispute. One of the patrolmen holds up his hand as another voice comes on acknowledging then points at me.

"Central this is Jaguar, fire your geeks and get better ones. I need to ask for the stations to put up their lights, footing is bad up high."

"Understood hold for five." Comes back with a lot of laughter in the background, after a little while central comes back. "Jaguar be advised your sky should be lit up and ready."

I turn and look there is a red beam visible, I climb up on the nearest patrol car to get a better angle over the houses. I see several beams shining bright, and one flickering, after a second it is still flickering so I drop down.

"Central the lights are up there is one problem one is flickering far side of the city from my present."

"We are checking it is showing flickering here as well, problem will be fixed ASAP."

"Alright while they fix that and I got nothing better to do let's go look at a house, put your lights on I'm going in the back yard. John you go first so if they shoot your tank takes the fire. Before anyone says it I know they like shotguns."

"Oh we all carry a spare radio for you, if we run out and not supplied with more you can take a patrolman's." John says with a grin.

"We were all issued a spare radio it's in the trunk, and we have your lights on the car. Central turns them on if you go silent for more than I think it was three minutes. Detroit has tons of problems our police not wanting to improve safety isn't one of them." One of the patrolmen says I check his name tag and have to laugh, his name is Tony.

"Well alright, let's go look at a house, turn your lights on, I'm going to look around in the back yard when your in place blare the sirens and let's see what we get."

I go around the house Maureen is standing at the fence holding it open for me with a smile. I give her a smile, she scratches my ears for a second with a grin then swats on my butt to get me in the backyard. I go quick to the fence and hop atop it, I pause for a second to let my night vision come in then leap to one of the few empty areas. A smell gets me to crouch, strong fear emanating from the house, and sweat from a woman who has not showered recently. Along with the smell of three men two wearing cologne with guns galore.

"Jaguar reporting all patrols with me kill lights, there is a hostage inside. They are heavily armed. If you have a door buster give me thirty and come in, if not give me a minute and I'll open the front door." I say as I turn the volume down low, I barely hear acknowledges from central and the patrols.

I move to the back door it's partly opened with a screen door covering it. I'd stop to wonder why a door and not a glass door, except old house and I have to get inside. The screen door is a little squeaky luckily I moved fast and it sounded more like it's adjusting in the wind, not that there is a wind.

"Go check if a dog came in, if so get it out or shoot it. I am gonna stay here and enjoy some more of this bitch." A voice floats down the hallway I hear a door opening and a woman groaning.

As the footsteps get closer I look around there isn't anywhere to go except into the kitchen, so in I go. Thankful this house is built in the same design as mine I hunker down against the counter and wait. The two look over by the front door before coming this way. When they come around the corner I charge, the first takes a punch to the jaw and crumbles, the second I give a spin kick and he likewise crumbles to the floor. I move down the hallway to the first door, it's easy to find her he's on top of her and talking nasty.

Done with being quiet I open the door hard growling, the man looks over and turns white, his natural color is very dark. He gets up to get a gun I let him get one step before I am on him and shoving him through the wall. Through the wall is something of an accident, I hadn't realized how decayed this house is when he moved for the gun I charged fully intending on putting him against the wall hard and putting my mark across his chest. Instead, we go through the wall with her screaming he joins her after I claw him.

Yelling coming from inside the house low gets me going back inside past her. The voices are coming from below me, slightly confused I check the other bedroom, nothing there but a closet. One of the patrolmen waves me into the living room pointing at a door directly behind the front door, I had assumed it was a closet it's actually the entrance to a basement. John joins us I wave them both back then open the door, I am riddled with automatic fire from what looks to be an M-16.

emap
emap
237 Followers