Escapade

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TMAJO
TMAJO
153 Followers

"What's wrong with now?"

"I have work that needs to be done or at least planned." Mavin kissed her again. "We'll have lunch Tuesday afternoon, aight?"

'Lunch, daylight, restaurant, people, things to keep me from shredding your tight ass. Fuck, I gotta get outta here!' Mavin thought to herself as she got up from the bed. Well, tried to anyway. Bellinda grabbed her and kissed her.

"I really wish you'd stay." Bella said as she released the tall woman.

"I know, but I have to go."

"Okay, call me." Bellinda pouted.

"I will." Mavin seized the redhead's lips again and sealed the promise. "Aight, I'll see you later."

"The things you do to me, Mavin." Bellinda sighed as Mavin shut the door behind her.

"Are the things you crave." Mavin chuckled as she left the apartment.

********* The Next day *********

"Nah man, it won't work. I'll be too busy....Why the fuck would I do that?.....Look, you know as well as I do, the minute they start meeting relatives and going on trips to Hawaii, they get some fairytale dream stuck in their heads.....Bro, I fucking hate it when you say shit like that...You know better than to piss me off this early in the day....Aw hell no! No I'm not.....That's fine, if you all wanna visit, that's cool but I don't have time for a trip offshore.....Yeah whatever, I'll call dad....I don't know when I'll visit. Look man, I'm hanging up....Yeah, lay off the fucking eggnog....Hahaha, love you too...Later."

Mavin got off the phone with her brother. He thought a trip to Hawaii was what Mavin needed at this time of the year. He accused her of being stubborn for not wanting to get Bellinda involved with her family. Zeke and his family would be visiting Mavin for the holidays. Mavin sighed as she saw her schedule pack on some holiday weight.

It was Monday morning and she wasn't going to the lab. Instead she planned to stay at home and work on some things she'd been putting off for some time now. She picked up her phone again and punched Eva's digits.

"Hey Luv Doc." Eva's melodic voice buzz on the line.

"Hey baby, what's this I hear about you in New York?"

"Well, like I said, I'ma be there. I might fly in on Friday and skip Atlanta altogether."

"Fo' real?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, if you gon' be in town that early, there's a party popping that night."

"Who's hosting?"

"Jasmine Philips."

"The bar chick?"

"Watch your mouth, Eva. She ain't no bar chick." Mavin scolded.

"Damn, she's that good?" Eva laughed. "With you defending her honor and shit."

"Eva, shut up. She's not in my repertoire."

"Aight, aight. So she's hosting a party. You gonna invite me or what?"

"Yeah, I'm inviting your skanky ass."

"Excuse you? My ass is not skanky and I know for a fucking fact that you're a bigger slut than I could ever dream to be."

"Hahaha...aight, we're even. Wait, you have dreams of being a slut?"

"Doesn't everybody? You're so good, you have bitches stalking your ass."

"Wow, I would never have guessed it." Mavin said with mock surprise. "Damn girl, you shuda came to me a long time ago."

"Well, I guess I'll have to make up for lost time under your apprenticeship."

"You bet your sweet ass you will. See you on Friday."

"Aight sweetie. I'll call you when I land."

"Yeah, do that." Mavin grinned as Eva hung up.

Mavin leaned back in her chair and took a deep breath before beginning her work-at-home day. She had four new committee assignments to get started on. New drugs, new tests and more reports. She would have to get them started as soon as possible, in the lab. She had a couple of programs to debug and ship off to her trusty testers. After that, she had to fit about fifteen meetings into her schedule for the week. When all that was done, she'd have to get her place ready for the small onslaught of holiday cheer it would no doubt receive at the hands of her brother and his wife. She also had to buy gifts.

Mavin spent most of her Monday at her workstation, typing or talking and only taking breaks to eat. By nightfall, she was pretty much exhausted. She got up around seven and proceeded to beat herself up more in her gym room. She only did cardio but she made sure she flooded the floor with her sweat. By the time she was ready to turn in, she just showered and went straight to sleep without so much as a late thought about the next day.

*********** Tuesday ***********

Bellinda sat in a meeting with an art duo. A team of brother and sister that wanted to feature their work in Bellinda's gallery. She heard them drone on about what their art meant and why they felt Illusions was the best place to showcase it. But she wasn't exactly listening. All she was thinking about were the things she wanted to say to Mavin later that day.

She'd spent the whole of yesterday working with Adrian. It wasn't really work at this point because the essential parts were completed. They were just tweaking the interior designs and patterns. Adrian informed her that construction was already beginning and as a result she would be spending more time on the site. That was a mild relief for Bellinda. She sighed dreamily as she felt some of her burdens being erased.

"Yes, that's what we aim to capture and we just love your work." The dark haired girl that was half of the duo smiled.

"Oh, yes...Thank you." Bellinda said when she zoned back into the business at hand.

"We understand that the general elements are different but we think our work could be complementary to yours."

"Complementary?" Bellinda asked as she tried to make more sense out of where this had been going.

"Yes, we...well, I was here a few months ago for the anniversary event and I was so mesmerized by the displays. I knew right then that this could be home for our work." The brown haired brother spoke excitedly.

"Hmm....I see. Well did you bring anyth-"

"Bellinda, call on line one. It's Mavin." Adam's voice sounded on the intercom.

"Excuse me, I have to take this call. Can we meet on Thursday?" Bellinda reached for the handset. "Bring a few pieces and we'll go from there."

"Thank you so much Miss Ross." The girl said as she got up.

Bellinda nodded and watched them leave. "Adam, can you schedule Charlie and Simone for Thursday, same time?"

"You got it." Adam responded over the link.

"Thank you." Bellinda killed the link and picked up Mavin's line. "Mavin."

"Bellinda, you ready for lunch?" Mavin said.

"Yes, sure. Where do you want to meet?"

"I'll pick you up in ten."

"Oh alright, I'll see you then."

"Aight."

"Okay bye." Bellinda said and hung up. She scrambled with a few piles of papers and performance contracts that needed to be reviewed and signed. She cleared her desk and buzzed Adam.

"Hey Agua Lad, I'm stepping out in a few so move my next appointment 'til later."

"When will you get back?"

"Not sure, but I'll call you so don't worry too much."

"No problem. Which reminds me, Adrian called. She said she wants to see you tonight."

"She wants to see me? Were those her actual words?" Bella said slightly taken aback.

"Yes indeedy, I'm reading it right off my notepad."

"Hmm... doesn't sound good. Usually we meet to work but whatever, I'll deal with it."

"Okay Bee, I'll talk to you later."

"Sure, now get back to work slacker!"

"Ay, Ay Captain." Adam giggled as the line went off.

Bellinda sighed and waited a few more minutes before leaving her office. She waited in the upper lobby-area overlooking the road outside. She saw Mavin's car rounding the bend and made her way downstairs to meet the tall woman.

*********

Mavin parked her car and left the engine purring in the chilly, winter air. She got out and found Bellinda already waiting for her in the lobby.

"You ready babe?" Mavin hugged the green-eyed woman.

"Yes I am." Bellinda bit her lip as she thrilled in the feeling of Mavin's arms around her.

"There's a diner uptown I'm itching to scope." Mavin said as she released Bellinda and led her out into the car.

"Okay...I don't think it'd be safe to ask what kind of food they have."

"Hahaha....we'll find out soon enough." Mavin shot Bellinda a grin and babied her car through Manhattan's streets.

A few minutes later, they arrived at the diner. One of those kinds where the plate cost more than the actual morsel. They where seated in a booth that afforded some privacy and Mavin was particularly glad. Bellinda doubted her appetite considering what was weighing on her mind. The food echoed the work of a chef that greatly enjoyed experimentation, one that didn't give a damn about people's guts and how their experiments can affect them.

"The decor is eye-catching enough to make you forget your appetite." Mavin observed wryly.

"That's gotta be bad for business, I'd assume." The redhead agreed.

"Yeah, well if they start serving flavored water, we're leaving." Mavin said matter-of-factly.

Bellinda burst out laughing while Mavin signaled the waiter. "At least the music is good."

"Ready to order?" The waiter asked in the peppy voice he'd been trained to use unmercifully on patrons.

"Yes, but before we do, I just want to know...Do you serve off-menus items?" Mavin laid her piercing gaze on him.

"Off-menu items?" The waiter looked at Mavin and then Bellinda as though he was trying to read their minds.

"By that, I specifically mean flavored water." Mavin said and saw Bellinda trying to hold her laughter tightly behind her lips. She wasn't doing too well.

"W-we don't have flavored water...unless you want it, maybe we can get it for you. Is that-?"

"Wow, do they train you in ambiguity?"

"Ambiguity sir..er..I mean, ma'am?"

"Yeah, you want to keep the customer happy, so you just bullshit your way through a simple question."

"I-I apologize but I-" The waiter fidgeted with his pen and pad.

"Aight, I'll ask you again. Off-menu items, flavored water, yes or no?"

"No." The waiter said, happy to be pleasing the customer.

"Now, that wasn't so bad was it?"

"Well I guess-"

"What's your name?"

"Percy." The brown-haired waiter said and prayed he wasn't blushing. Most times, impromptu prayers are ignored.

"See that?" Mavin smiled at Bellinda who was trying so hard not to laugh. Mavin turned back to Percy and said, "I just asked you a question and you answered it directly, that's what I want."

Percy nodded at break-neck speed.

"Be cool Percy, I'm just messing with ya." Mavin grinned and sat back into the booth. "Go on and order babe." Mavin said to the redhead.

"Um...I'll have the chef's special, whatever it is."

"Good choice." Percy scribbled on his pad and prayed again that Mavin wouldn't bite his head off.

"I'd like some iced tea, bring the whole pitcher." Mavin said and once again focused her gaze on him.

"Coming right up." Percy said and left to do the rest of his job.

"Mavin, I can't believe you just did that." Bellinda whispered in shock.

"And I'm amazed that two of your five senses are fooling you." Mavin grinned.

"You just totally embarrassed that guy."

"I don't see it that way. All I did was make him a better waiter."

"You're...I don't even know what to call you."

"Call me Mavin, I told you that the first time we met." The dark woman gave a lopsided grin.

Bellinda smiled and shook her head. She didn't know where to begin with what she wanted to say, even though it was burning on the tip of her tongue. There was so much to say and yet, she remained silent. She felt her skin tingling just below her exposed neck, she looked down to see why and then looked up to see Mavin's hazel eyes, drilling through her soul.

"Out with it." Mavin breathed, more than said.

Bellinda took a deep breath and sighed. "What are we doing?"

"Talk to me Bellinda, don't bother setting traps." Mavin shook her head.

"Okay fine, what do we have between us? I'm getting confused." Bellinda smiled nervously.

"We have a relationship without strings. Nothing confusing about it."

"Well I'm just...I dunno, I feel like there could be something more."

"Like what? An engagement, a wedding and happily ever after?" Mavin scoffed and allowed her eyes to wander a bit.

"Something like that, but you make it sound so hopeless." The redhead mumbled.

"That's because it is where I'm concerned." Mavin laid her eyes on Bellinda to make her point.

"Okay, scratch that...I'm-...it bothers me to think of you being unfaithful."

"Unfaithful?" Mavin asked before Bellinda could say any more. "I guessed as much, but don't you think you're being a bit selfish about it? I mean, we're not exactly committed."

"It's not that...Mavin, I-" Bellinda's mouth stayed open but the words weren't flowing.

Percy came back with the food and drinks and turned away before he could fall into Mavin's lair. Mavin poured herself some iced tea despite the winter weather. She could afford to indulge in cold drinks because her body ran at a higher temperature than average.

"So what is it?" Mavin asked and kept her eyes locked onto Bellinda's.

"I just want to know, or feel like I'm...like I'm the only one." Bellinda said and averted her gaze.

"Oh, I see where this is going." Mavin chuckled and gulped her tea. She remained silent for a while, just taking time to enjoy the flavor of the cold drink. She eyed the redhead a bit, taking in her eyes, nose, lips, bone structure, neck, shoulders, delicate hands, all the things she'd come to appreciate in the young woman. Mavin cleared her throat as a way of distracting her thoughts from the other places she appreciated.

"Bellinda, you are the only one." Mavin said finally and set her glass down.

"That's where the confusion really kicks in."

"Aight, listen to me. You're unique, there's only one of you. When I'm with you, I'm with you alone in mind, body and spirit. I perceive you with my entire being. I'm not thinking about anyone except you. Then and now, in the moment. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

"I think so." Bellinda said unable to decide what to do with her warring emotions.

"Right now, Bellinda, that's all I have to give. I live by the moment. I savor each moment until it passes. The moments we share are precious just the way they are. You know, I don't want to fuck it up or put myself in a position to fuck it up. You get me?" Mavin let a smile wash over her handsome face.

"Okay but just clear this up for me. If you're with me, you feel a certain way with me and if you're with someone else, you feel certain things...does anyone feel more..I dunno, important or better?"

"Neither, it's just unique. Everyone is different despite the obvious similarities. People are different."

"So I'm just one among many for you?"

"No, you're just you. I don't hold a record of the women I've been with and I don't care to do so. Each person means more to me than just a fuck." Mavin chuckled and poured some more of the cold drink in her glass. "Except, Of course, the ones that were just fucks."

"I see, so I don't mean enough for you to-" Bellinda started, her voice wavered slightly.

"Stop right there. Just stop, aight?" Mavin said in a lower tone that suggested her rising temper. "Don't get it twisted, Bellinda. I'm not doing anything to hurt you or spite you in any way. That's just me. You don't need to be worrying about anyone else but you."

"I am worrying about me, Mavin. I mean if you're gonna be fucking around there's bound to be trouble." Bellinda's voice rose but fell again when people around them stopped murmuring.

"You want to school me on how to deal with women?" Mavin grinned despite her smoldering temper.

"I'm not trying to school you on anything, I'm just saying...." Bellinda remembered her food.

"What, safer sex? Shit, if I didn't know better I'd tell you I had that tattooed on my ass, years ago. Look, I'm not irresponsible, I'm promiscuous. Don't mix it up." Mavin gulped down some more tea.

Bellinda wanted to kick herself for possibly having ruined a good lunch date. "Okay I think we're getting carried away here."

"Nah, I think you've spent too much time romanticizing our relationship." Mavin chuckled with hidden relief as her anger ebbed. "You forget that for the most part we're still strangers. Let it be, Bellinda. Just enjoy it, 'cause any more or less and it will die."

"I know that. It's just the thought of you with someone else...and I feel like I'm not enough for you or something."

"Hmm...how can I make this clearer for you? It's not about what's enough. It's about what I want in a given moment and what I'm able to give."

"So if you're with another woman, it means you're not thinking of me or I don't even exist in that moment?"

"Fuck! No Bellinda, no!" Mavin gritted her teeth and let out a harsh breath, "That's not how it works and I refuse to say any more about it. It's just how it is, there's no science or applicable logic. That's just how I'm wired, aight?"

Bellinda fell silent and dropped her head to twiddle her thumbs. She felt the hot wetness pelting her palms and was more reluctant to say anything else. She felt the heat from Mavin's body as the tall woman moved closer in the U-shaped booth.

"Baby, what's the matter?" Mavin said she lifted Bellinda's chin to look at her. "Why the tears?"

"I'm...I'm scared, Mavin." Bellinda sniffled as the tears stung her face.

"There's nothing to be scared of." Mavin said and thumbed away a fresh tear. She pulled her handkerchief from her coat pocket and wiped the rest away.

"Yes, there is. I'm afraid that I may be falling in love with someone who can't love me in return, at least not the way I want to be loved."

Bellinda barely got the words out before Mavin pulled away from her like she was the Plague in human form. The look in Mavin's eyes belied her true feelings. If only Bellinda knew because she just burst into a river.

"What?!" Was all Mavin could whisper to no one in particular. Bellinda's confession was rubbing her too many ways and Mavin couldn't decide which was wrong or right. She wondered how Bellinda could fall in love with her in the space of six months, despite Mavin's effort to keep things slow. It wasn't that Mavin didn't care for the redhead, but it was just to soon. Maybe the sex was too good and easily confused with love.

Bellinda eyed Mavin through the salty torrent washing down her face. Her mascara could no longer withstand the abuse and thus, began to run. The look of horrible shock on Mavin's face settled into something she couldn't read. She kept her brimming green eyes on Mavin for a bit longer and wished that Mavin would say something, to confirm or ease her fears.

Of all the edges Mavin had dangled her over, this one was the most precarious. She felt her body tensing at the knowledge of Mavin's large hand moving back to cup her face. She was expecting Mavin to tell her then and there that she didn't love her, couldn't love her, didn't want to love her, never had intentions of having a relationship. The fact that she'd heard the last one before only made her feel worse. Her small world of emotions was rocked off it's crazy axis when she suddenly felt Mavin's lips over hers.

Mavin didn't know what to say. In fact she didn't think anything her brain could conjure up would do any good at all. She had been awestruck with what the redhead had just said. She'd also been terrified of what it meant. She was again relieved that Bellinda's tears weren't wholly her fault. The last thing she wanted to do was hurt the woman. So instead, she kissed her.

Bellinda was caught between wanting to know what the kiss meant and how good and soothing it felt. It wasn't like any other kiss she'd shared with Mavin, it seemed this one had more meaning, more intensity, more uncertainty, more everything. Bellinda felt Mavin's tongue snaking into her mouth and she gladly sucked it like it was the last source of moisture in a sun-baked world. And at this moment, she was the only one privy to it.

TMAJO
TMAJO
153 Followers