Fallen Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

No, I wasn't that bad. She wasn't an addict, when she worked she barely even got a taste of alcohol. So what if she wanted to enjoy some spirits not that she was free... fired... from that job.

She sat up in bed, ready to give him a tongue lashing. "You don't know what the hell you're talking about. So stop acting like you know every Goddamn thing about my life. I'm not an alcoholic. Never was and never will be."

They sat there in silence. Really? No argument? Leon had looked at her like he deeply wanted to say something, but never did. So Viola continued swinging oaths at him, waiting for a response after each one.

His silence was making Viola uneasy, making her second guess herself. No. People don't go through detox after drinking heavy for only a month. That takes years... Right?

It was easier for her to stand her ground when she had something to fight, when she had him to fight. This solemn and aloof attitude he was carrying was driving her crazy. Get angry! Goddamn you, do not make me look like the asshole in all of this!

They sat in that room for about an hour. During that time, Viola volleyed ideas back and forth. She tried to think of any possible illnesses that could have caused those symptoms. After another hour passed, she was able to determine one thing: none of my theories make a damn bit of sense. But his did.

These past two hours, every time she felt like she hit a roadblock in her mind, the first thing she would think about was drinking away the discomfort. Oh fuck. How long had that been programmed into her thought process?

Tough shit goes down. I can't deal or make sense of it. I get frustrated. I pour a drink. Take it to the head. Feel better.

She sucked her inner cheek. "Okay, maybe it was the alcohol."

Leon's brows drew together, as if he wasn't expecting her to admit to this.

Then what the hell were you waiting on!? Wasn't all this quietude just a way to break her down? To make her agree with him? "What the hell is the game you're trying to play?"

His voice stammered before he spoke, "I... I'm not playing a game. You listened to what I said?"

"Of course I did! If I hadn't listened to you, I wouldn't have been so pissed! It's all I've been thinking about!" Her yelling was exhausting her, drying her mouth out so much that she feared her tongue would crack.

He seemed surprised by all this. "Oh. So what made you come to this conclusion?"

Don't make me give you a play-by-play of all the shit that ran through my mind. There is absolutely no fucking method to my ungodly madness. "I just thought some things over. What I went through, am going through, seems to correspond with detox. At least from the little I know about it."

He seemed relaxed by that, some of his dour was fading.

Viola had just admitted that he was right. So gloat. He didn't.

Looking up at the ceiling she asked, "So what's going to happen to me now? Am I going to get worse?"

Any grim shadow that was once casted over him fell. He seemed... pleased over the fact that she asked him that question. Clearing his throat, "Well, I think that the worse has probably passed. I'm not a doctor, so I can't know for sure. The only reference I have to all of this is WebMD."

She laughed softly. Better than my reference. Which was nothing. "I hope you're right."

Then again he's always right. Isn't he? She remembered all the times he told her that she belonged with him. That it was her own good. Was he right about that?

Would she have given up drinking if she wasn't forced to go without? Not likely. She thought over and over again in her mind what she would've done if she woke up in her apartment instead of Leon's basement. What did she conclude? That she would have resumed her normal day-to-day routine.

Viola determined that the only thing that would've stopped her was two things: first thing would be running out of money. That would've stopped her drinking, but not by choice. The second, her family or friends would change their minds about hating her and decide to intervene. That seemed very unlikely. No one in this world cared enough about her to step in and save her.

Her gaze fell on Leon. Didn't he step in? Did... did he help me?

This whole situation was turning into a clusterfuck.

No, he didn't help her. He brought her here to fuck and use her. The fact that she began going through withdrawals was probably just an annoyance to him... but he looked sad and worried when I woke up today... which was why he stayed away for two days.

Don't forget who this dickwad is. Play his game. "Master, I'm really thirsty. Can I please have some water?"

"Uh, of course." As he got up and walked towards the door, he asked over his shoulder, "Do you need something to eat?"

Anything that you don't prepare. "Yeah. Do you have any bread or crackers?"

He nodded. "I'll bring you back some."

"Thank you, Master." It's the least you can do, you psycho.

Before he left the room, she saw that he seemed to have been pleased with her gratitude.

Her eyes narrowed as she watched the door close. Enjoy it while you can, because it's all a fucking show.

To Be Continued...

12