All Comments on 'Home 05: Feels Like Home'

by Belle_in_south

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
-Ripley--Ripley-over 15 years ago
Oh My Gosh!

Belle, what a wonderful story. I always love your stories! Obviously I hope that you don't leave us hanging with this one! Be well! Ripley

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
"NOT AGAIN" is right you know.

I found your stories at the end of last year and have only seen two updates since starting the story. I understand full length novels coming out once a year but........ I guess I'm with the other reader. If it hadn't been for the holiday, I probably would have missed your new update. Not sure if you care and/or want to hear it. You might want to wait until you have the end of the story completed or at least make an effort to wrap it up. Personally, I'm alittle sick of Tara issues. She's got to get on the "Big Girl Panties" and take hold of her life unless that's the character persona you want to stick. You're the writer so it is what it is. A a reader, not sure I'd continue to be a reader or I'll just think of checking back in another 5 years. You think? Your call.

Belle_in_southBelle_in_southover 15 years agoAuthor
Response to Not Again

I would like to comment to those who are complaining about the distance between these stories. <br>

First, when I wrote the first chapter several years ago, I never intended for it to become a serial. New Holiday Home was my submission for the Christmas contest that year and I didn't intend to come back to these characters. At the request of my readers, I did, but since I didn't begin with the intent of it taking on a full length story, the direction of the story is sometimes difficult to find.

<br>

Second, this is a hobby. I don't get paid to do this. My real job, and now working on my next degree, take a lot of time. If I were getting paid just to write, I would have a little more discipline and be a bit more productive. Furthermore, inspiration is not readily available when I'm concerned about writing papers and reading textbooks. Just not a lot to spark my creativity in that.

<br>

Third, I work on this story when I'm in a romantic mood. I allow the characters to take on a life of their own. After Erin McDaniels appeared in Rae's life, I have had a hard time writing the story because I don't like the direction it has been going.

<br>

I love hearing from my readers, and I appreciate your comments and your frustration. I hope you keep reading, but read with understanding.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Is this how it ends?

I found the Rae and Tara series recently, loved it by the way, and read Home Again through Feels Like Home in one sitting. Will there be more in the series? Does it end like that? or was that a cliffhanger? Again I love or loved what I read. The sex was hot and relationship was or is so close and special that it makes it that much hotter. Again loved it and love to read more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Want More!

i chanced upon your submission this week... i have read right from the beginning till the end almost 3 times in the whole week... please write further... eagerly awaiting for it to continue!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Thank You For Continuing the Saga of Rae and Tara

I, like other readers here, began reading the Saga of Rae and Tara with your New Holiday Home story. The story and the characters intrigued me and kept me wanting for more. Periodically I would check back to see if you had added another installment to your saga and if I got lucky another new story would be there waiting for me. I would read it and re-read it, devouring every word, and feeling the pain and suffering, the loving and longing that Rae and Tara felt for one another. This new story though, Feels Like Home, left my heart aching and I am hoping that when you write about these characters again that they will come full circle and draw close to one another once more, and keep the rest of the world at bay. The things you are writing about are every day occurences for many of us. Families who refuse to accept us for whatever reason, threatening to take our children from us, are sadly a fact of life. All I hope for is that true love will prevail for Rae and Tara, because even lesbians need a hero and a happy ending once in a while.

Also, on another note, thank you for your honesty in regards to your comments to "Not Again." It is refreshing to see an author be honest with her readers in regards to the stories she writes. Your honesty and integrity in regards to your writing as well as what it takes for you to write this story was uplifting. I continually come back to see if you have added to the saga and now when I come back I will appreciate it that much more because I realize now that this writing you do is merely for pleasure, a hobby so to speak. That in itself makes me appreciate your characters more, because I now know that when you write these characters, you do so out of inspiration, nothing more. I hope that you will have time within the coming weeks to be inspired again and have the opportunity to write more, because your writing is so intriguing and your characters so appealing, that you make me hungry for more.

Thank you for sharing these characters with your readers, especially me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Thank You Again!!

I completely agree with Thank You's comments. I too stumbled across the Home series and periodically check back for new installments. You have created a realistic set of characters that could continue to face a mirad of life's struggles for years - an excellent piece of writing. While I am anxious for the story to continue, Not Again's comments were completely inappropriate. I do not believe those comments represent the majority or even 1% of your readers. Thank you for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Wow.

I've recently found the beginning of this series and read it to here. And was amazed. Your characters are so realistic and dynamic and the progression so followable. This last installment made me cry (well start to, I wouldn't want to explain to my roommate why I'm crying!) and I'm dying to know what happens next with Rae and Tara. Please please don't leave us all hanging! I understand that it's not something you're required to do at all, nor is it even on the agenda of things to do, but it'd be very much appreciated by your many readers. Writing isn't always an easy thing with a full plate, and inspiration for spectacular is sparse, but that you make do is very admirable and I hope to see more in the (near) future. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Wow.

I've recently found the beginning of this series and read it to here. And was amazed. Your characters are so realistic and dynamic and the progression so followable. This last installment made me cry (well start to, I wouldn't want to explain to my roommate why I'm crying!) and I'm dying to know what happens next with Rae and Tara. Please please don't leave us all hanging! I understand that it's not something you're required to do at all, nor is it even on the agenda of things to do, but it'd be very much appreciated by your many readers. Writing isn't always an easy thing with a full plate, and inspiration for spectacular is sparse, but that you make do is very admirable and I hope to see more in the (near) future. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
hm...

OK, I have read the other stories about Tara & Rae, and I can't believe that you'll finish them so brutally.

I really love those stories, and I am sure I am not the only one here, so please, please give us a happy ending. Please. Mew

KathyFKathyFalmost 13 years ago
This Just Keeps Getting Better

I've Read Parts 1 -5 Today ! And I'm

About To Start Part 6 - "HOME AT LAST"

I'm So Happy That I Haven't "Cum"

Across Your Stories Before. I Don't

Think I Could Of Slept Wondering What

Be Happening Next.

Very Exciting & Well Written

Thank You

Kisses

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous