All Comments on 'Festival'

by TamLin01

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
heckthecatheckthecatover 12 years ago
Amazing. A true Lovecraftian feel.

I have been reading on this site off and on for about ten years, and this is one of the best stories I have read here, better than most Lovecraft fanfiction. It has inspired me to finally register so I could leave a signed review, and they do not make the process easy for mobile users without copy-paste capability. I typed and retyped a 32 digit alphanumeric verification code and the entirety of this review on the tiny keyboard of my Amazon Kindle. It was worth the effort. I am aghast at your skill; the richness of your descriptions, the perfect pacing, the way that the main character's perception of the creatures were descriptive yet vague, giving a real sense of indescribability. The ending and especially the last line is haunting. The whole story has all the little touches and atmospheric qualities one would expect from an original Lovecraft short story, with a horrific and curiously fitting erotic tone that just works beautifully. Thank you for posting this. I will be reading your works further. Alas, as I am at work and time is running short to complete my inventory, I shall have to wait for that. The anticipation shall be sweet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Romantic in a strange way

I love this story. It reminds me of my favorite Lovecraft tale, "The Shadow Over Innsmouth", even though it's not about the Deep Ones. I love stories about discovering our true family and heritage, and this is one of the best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
LOVEcraft

H.P. Lovecraft is one of my favorite authors of all time. This mixing of erotica and horror written in the Lovecraft style is something I'd never have expected to read. Bravo, I really enjoyed it!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous