Finding Happiness Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Xantu
Xantu
614 Followers

There was a chorus of squeals as the puppies were jostled by the sudden movement of their mother's body, and the pile of little bodies began to squirm and struggle, bumping and pushing as they all tried to find a teat to nurse. Honey sighed and flopped down, her eyes patient. Junie gently reached in and helped the puppies, lifting them and pressing their little pink muzzles against Honey's swollen nipples. A soft grin of delight lit up Junie's face as they all began to suck with a single minded urgency that had their tails poking up like little quivering spikes.

Junie was startled from her half drowse when Honey suddenly lunged to her feet and turned around nervously. Junie had to quickly move the puppies out of the way. Honey sat and began to lick at her vulva again, this time with the same nervous intensity she had shown earlier when she had been giving birth. Junie looked around for Bob or Donna in panic, wondering if she should run to get one of them but she was reluctant to leave Honey or the puppies alone.

When the familiar bulge of the dark amniotic sack began to bulge from Honey's birth canal, Junie watched with a mixture of wonder and apprehension as another puppy slipped out and Honey began to lick at it. Junie's heart sank as she watched the puppy rolling limply under its mother's rough tongue. This time there was no reflexive wiggle or squall of protest. Junie quickly reached for a wiggling active puppy and switched the lively puppy for the unresponsive one under Honey's nose.

Muttering desperately to herself, repeating Donna's words, "Rub them, get the fluid out of their lungs and mouth to mouth." She frantically rubbed the damp little body talking to it, pleading with it, "Come on, baby, breathe for me, breathe damn it!" She swung the tiny body like Donna had shown her and then put her mouth over the tiny muzzle and breathed a tiny puff of air into the lungs. Junie let out a convulsive sob of relief when the she felt a twitch and then a weak cry from the puppy in her hands. "Good, that's good, keep breathing, you. Don't quit on me now." She rubbed the little body vigorously and looked carefully between the legs of the newest baby. "Hey, baby girl, welcome to our world. I am glad you decided to stay with us. I am sure you are going to make someone very happy." Giggling between her tears, she cuddled it close as the puppy responded with a louder yowl of complaint.

Junie gently put the newest puppy to Honey's nose for her to smell and lick. She could not help but notice that this puppy was quite a bit smaller than the others and the shade of her fur was almost white instead of the creamy yellow of her siblings. "We won't need a special collar for you, little one. I will always know which one you are."

When Donna came out with a thermos of coffee, Junie proudly pointed out the tenth puppy and told how she had helped it start breathing. Donna's voice was respectful, "Good job, to tell you the truth I always tend to panic when they don't start breathing on their own. It scares the crap out of me for some reason." Donna looked at Honey and shook her head, "I thought you were holding out on us, girl. So now there are ten." She looked more closely at the smaller puppy, "Well maybe nine and a half to be more accurate. We will need to make sure this little runty girl gets a fair share of the milk bar."

Together they tied a separate color of yarn around the neck of each puppy and left the littlest puppy without a collar. Donna sat down and poured herself a cup of coffee, "Go on in and get a bite to eat, take a shower and try and get some sleep. Bob is already lying down. He mentioned you might be extra tired." Donna's eyes sparkled, "It sounds like you two managed to entertain yourselves last night." Junie nodded and giggled, "Yes, Ma'am, I'm sure I would never have been able to sleep without our Master's help. I sure didn't have any trouble falling asleep after he was done with me. In fact, I am kind of sore. I think that vibrator beat the hell out of my poor little clit."

Donna laughed, "I don't know if I should be sorry for you or a little jealous."

Junie giggled and cautioned, "I am learning to be careful what I wish for around here."

"You love it."

"Oh, my yes, I do."

Junie gave the puppies a last loving look and praised Honey, "You did so good, little Momma." Giving Donna a quick kiss goodbye she headed to the house.

It was a lazy day. Honey had no more surprises for them. Junie and Bob slept almost all morning. Donna slept away the afternoon, while Junie did her chores and made dinner and Bob worked in the garage. Over dinner Bob mentioned that he had already had six prospective customers for the puppies, but he would contact a few of the local breeders to let them know they had a litter. Junie listened with only half her attention, her mind lazily filled with the images of the night before. Junie looked up from her plate and asked, "Ma'am, could I use your camera to take some pictures of the puppies to show Tammi? I am sure she would love to see them."

"Of course, little one."

"I would like to take some pictures of our home too, the yard, the lake and our friends the trees." Junie's voice was excited.

Bob laughed, "Sounds like a great idea."

Bob had propped open the gate to the whelping kennel so that Honey could come and go as she pleased. When Junie went out to peek at the puppies, she found Bob standing looking down into the box. Junie slipped under his arm and wrapped her arm around his waist. Honey was nowhere to be seen. She had stuck to her training and was going out to the woods to do her business. The puppies were mounded up in a pile in one corner of their box, little quivers making their tiny paws tremble and jerk.

Junie wondered out loud, "What are they dreaming about?" Bob chuckled, "Your guess is as good as mine."

"It can't be visual; they don't have their eyes open yet. It's probably just what they have felt and smelled, the instinct to suck and be warm."

Bob's voice was solemn, "Maybe, or perhaps they have a special connection to the infinity. Maybe they sense things you and I cannot even imagine."

Junie blinked and nodded uncertainly, her voice was doubtful, "I guess I never thought about that."

Bob laughed, "Sweet Junie, I am sure you are right, they are just dreaming about their next meal."

Honey chose that moment to squeeze between their legs and flop down next to her mound of sleeping puppies. She nosed them roughly, licking vigorously at them with her warm wet tongue. A wave of activity surged through the pile of sleeping puppies as they woke and began to struggle to find a teat to suck on.

Junie protectively pushed one of the bigger greedy puppies to one side and made sure the littlest one got a fair share, "There you go, little one. That will make you happy."

Bob chuckled, "Happy. That would make a good name."

After that the littlest puppy was called 'Happy' and as she got bigger the name seemed to fit. Despite being smallest, after her eyes were open she was always the most adventurous. As her little legs gained more strength, the littlest puppy would always rush to greet her special friend Junie anytime she came out to visit.

*

You might recognize this story as one I had up in the past, under the titled Northwest Hunters. I took it down for revision and a brief flirtation with possible publication.

Book One of Northwest Hunters, title Joining the Circle is already posted.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story. Please take the time to rate and leave a comment if the spirit moves you.

Enjoy

xantu

Xantu
Xantu
614 Followers