Flame of Cytherea 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Magicwrtr
Magicwrtr
2,997 Followers

He woke up feeling a little better, as if something had been lifted. He kissed all the women good morning, including Sally but on the cheek, but they all looked melancholy. He hoped they would come out of it, he was still upset by it as well, what they had seen in that town was monstrous. He tried to talk to each of them as they jogged a double march all morning, but they were mainly lost in thought.

He couldn't even get them to smile, and he felt something was wrong, but couldn't identify it. It was almost as if they'd fell into some kind of fugue. He ran out of time trying to track down his concern when they caught sight of enemy soldiers marching in the other direction. All the soldiers around him, and the four women who were supposed to guard him, screamed in outrage and ran forward.

Something was very wrong, they would never leave him like that.

It struck him finally that he had felt better after embracing his full power, while running he had only been radiating the restoring part of his gift to conserve energy. Perhaps there was more to the burned town than he thought, more to it than just slowing their progress. Hoping he wasn't wrong about it he reached for his full abilities and sent them out in an explosion of white protective fire. Their charge forward halted as the animal like screams turned to one of confusion.

They had been spelled somehow, most likely a spell left with the pile of young dead children, subtle enough not to be noticed through the horror and anger they felt at that act. Even worse, the two hundred soldiers had turned, and over a hundred more from each side started closing in.

He wondered for about two seconds how the enemy had all their soldiers here before it struck him as obvious. When the enemy commander saw them following he must have sent a quick talent ahead to force march the rest back toward this way. They must have met here in the middle and waited for the Abelawethans.

They still outnumbered the enemy by about five to two, but breaking the spell had left them confused and he wasn't feeling all that confident.

The sky clouded over and it started to rain. The clouds were out of his reach so he ran over and shook Sally hard.

"Wake up! You are the only one who can stop this!"

Lightning struck.

He flew back forty feet and fought not to pass out at the pain, if he hadn't been holding his talent, all his magic, both he and Sally might have died. As it was his body was slowly recovering, and the strike seemed to wake Sally up and the sky started to slowly clear.

He heard a roar next to him and Nora appeared, he almost cried in relief that they seemed more like themselves now. Angry, but in control of themselves.

The enemy soldiers seemed focused on him but that strategy seemed to backfire. If they weren't burned in a swath of flames from an angry Nicci standing over him protectively, they were taken out by compressed air shots from Nora. If they were lucky to get by both they found themselves on the wrong end of a huge tiger claw, their heads ripped off in one impossibly fast swipe.

He was ready if one got through, but the women were fierce and none broke through their three layer defense.

The fight was short and ugly, and they lost close to two hundred of their number due to the poor beginning. He shuddered. If he hadn't figure it out and cancelled the enemy magic...

He saw Sally, still standing in the same spot, in a struggle he couldn't see. He spoke softly trying not to break her concentration.

"Where is he Sally, I can't hold my magic much longer."

She pointed to the south and he turned and ran, his aura of power leading him. When he got out about fifty feet, he heard a brief scream of pain, then nothing. He turned, and Sally had a satisfied look on her face.

Sally said, "He wasn't far enough away this time, not from my range. I held him there as he tried to fight me off, once your aura cancelled his magic..." she trailed off and shrugged.

No one wanted to stay there, and everyone was concerned about the other towns, so they marched off again after disposing of the dead, to the next town where they made camp outside it. They would stay there until scouts verified the condition of the other towns. A few scouts who had flying talents volunteered to check on the other villages. He also thought there were more soldiers coming south.

Between the adrenaline and almost losing them he was feeling much more amorous that evening. He grabbed Nicci and she smiled as he led her behind the blanket and into privacy. She was still amazingly tight, but without fear, and extremely enthusiastic. He led her into many different positions and she seemed eager to try them all in one night.

Even he didn't have that much endurance. But he got through as many as he could. Even the powerful magic gifted to him by the goddess could only take him so far before the body gave out.

Many hours later, and so many orgasms they had lost count, he held her close...

---

Nicci rested her head on his chest, his heart beat slowing down after their last round. She had been unsure about that last position, she liked to look in his eyes, see his face. Run her nails down his chest. But he had put her on all fours and mounted her from behind. She had decided after the first five seconds she had a new favorite.

The feeling of how amazingly deep he got, and the angle of his stroke into her body, had led to her bucking back hard into him with each stroke. She shivered. She wanted to do it again. She smiled mischievously; she had wondered what it would feel like if he ever didn't hold back, now she knew...

She didn't think anything would make her feel better than she did right now, in his arms, completely sated. She kissed his chest, then rested her head back on it. She loved the feel of his arms around her, his fingertips drawing lazy circles on her back.

She felt him kiss the top of her head before he asked, "I love you Nicci, will you stay in my arms and sleep with me tonight?"

As she said yes, she knew she had been wrong, very wrong. He had made her feel better, much better, than she had moments ago. She was beaming like an idiot when he led her out. She just couldn't help it and couldn't remember a time where she'd been happier. She blushed as Nora and Kat snickered before they moved apart enough for both of them to lie down.

She lay down against him and sighed in contentment as sleep took her.

---

Kat was thinking about the future. Now that the invasion seemed to be over she wondered what would happen. Would they settle down? Or was there more for the Flame of Cytherea to do?

She missed her inn and wanted to go back someday, but realistically she couldn't expect a princess to move to a small village. She doubted Nora would want to do so either. So that would mean either they share him, and he moves back and forth, or she follows. She didn't like the idea of leaving her tavern for good, but she hated the idea of not seeing Justin for long periods of time.

She decided to talk about it with Nora and Nicci sometime tomorrow, it was something they should discuss together. For all she knew Nicci would be loathe to go back to the castle she grew up in, from what she knew of it, Nicci felt like she had grown up a prisoner.

She also wondered about Sally, he hadn't even slept with her yet, but she knew he cared for her. She wondered what was holding him back but daren't ask. Their relationship wasn't any of her business, at least, not until they had a commitment, and then her only business was negotiating his time.

She closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep...

---

Nora was having trouble getting to sleep. After Sally had killed the mage she had tracked where he was and made sure of him, cutting off his head. She was glad no one had seen, she had been crying while she did it and not entirely in control of herself.

None of the other women seemed to have the same reaction. Once Justin broke the spell and they snapped back to reality, she knew it hadn't hit them as hard. She loved Justin, and swore to herself she would never leave his side, would always be there to protect him. Like she hadn't been for her sisters, when she had simply slept through their slaughter.

How could she sleep while those she loved were butchered?

Somehow, against her will even, she had found a new family, and a man to love, a good man.

And a fucking piece of shit asshole gets her to forget her promise with a damn spell? It failed to make any sense to her. She was terrified by that fact. And although none of them had died, it was apparent to her she had failed... again.

What if she wasn't so lucky next time?

It was a long time before she fell asleep, unshed tears gleaming in her eyes.

---

Sally's mind wasn't on the battle at all, it was on her sex life with Justin. The problem of course being that it was non-existent. She was feeling a lot more confident about who she was. It had just taken time. She thought that had been what he was waiting for, but still she waited.

She knew who she was, she also knew what she wanted, him. And she was tired of waiting for him to ask. She decided if he didn't ask her by tomorrow afternoon, she would ask him herself, and damn tradition.

She felt much better once she made her choice, after all, either way, she wouldn't have to wait anymore, and if he said no, she could move on. She closed her eyes and fell into a deep peaceful sleep.

---

Cytherea looked down pensively. She was worried and knew she should have more faith in the people she helped bring together.

"What disturbs you so daughter?"

She smiled, wondering that she had ever hated the presence behind her.

"I just worry too much, Justin still has far to go, if he is willing, and they face trouble ahead that will strain their relationship. Justin has worked hard to develop strong ties, and I hope that will be enough, but their time together has been so short. Being tested by enemies is easy, the actions of those closer to home however..."

She smiled wryly when he said, "Trust in love daughter, surely you of all would agree..."

She did trust in love of course, but it became an issue when love pulled someone in two different directions...

---

Oh god he thought as he woke up with a warm hot mouth working his length. He wasn't sure why Kat woke him up every morning with a blowjob, but he sure as heck wasn't going to question it. He clamped down his lips on a gasp as he felt her swallow down on the tip of his manhood. When they were alone she teased him mercilessly, holding him on the edge seemingly forever.

But in the morning out in the general tent, she took him fast, without fail. She was doing something with her tongue and lips that drove him crazy each and every time, he wasn't even sure he could describe it accurately, all he knew was, it was both incredibly intense and bound to make him cum in seconds.

He closed his eyes and put his head back, trying not to grunt or gasp out loud as he shot his hot sticky load into her warm wet and willing mouth. He watched as she crawled up his body sexily, that always made him want to take her, but he just kissed her when she said good morning,.

"Good morning to you too love," he whispered in her ear as he pulled her close.

When they were all awake and breakfast was put away he let them all know he was heading for the village. He wanted to check things out, heal anyone that may have been harmed during the short occupation of enemy soldiers.

Nora and Sally immediately said they would come with and he headed for the village. He noticed Nora looked a bit tense, and seemed to be staying even closer to him than usual. He wasn't sure what that was about, but let it play in the back of his head for a while. Sally however, was her usual bubbly self and kept him engaged in conversation all morning.

He did heal a few broken legs and some contusions, but it seemed like this village got off lightly. They were still missing a number of people, and he wondered if they could get them back somehow. He couldn't help but notice Sally was being more of a flirt today, and started feeling very annoyed about that feeling he had. Her hands would rest a little too long on his arm in a seemingly innocent touch, or the way she looked at him in the eyes just a few seconds longer than normal.

But his feelings had yet to fail him and he persevered, trying not to think too hard about her creamy brown skin, and large deep brown eyes. The feel of her touch on his skin that almost burned.

Or the very long dark black hair that shined in the sunlight and lightly brushed the small of her back as she walked. Or the way her perfectly rounded ass swayed as she walked. Her beautiful joyful and full smile as she talked to him. He took a deep breath; thinking about it certainly wasn't helping his cause.

He saw a store that had some jewelry and considered that he still had no money at all. He of course only worked at Kat's tavern for a day and a half before they ran off to help with the invasion. The women had explained to him as a Flame of Cytherea, everything he needed would be provided in one way or another. That his title earned that right in some way.

He was okay with that for now, he was earning it after all in what he had been doing, but once things calmed down he knew he would evaluate it again.

He frowned. That wasn't going to help him buy gifts for the ladies though. Although he wondered if that was just an Earth concept, none of them seemed to expect anything like that. Just his love and attention, and that he had a lot of to give.

They went back toward the camp around lunchtime and went to the main tent where they usually ate. Nicci and Kat had their heads together, and he wondered what they were talking about, but dismissed it. Not everything was about him, and even keeping track of one woman wasn't right, he'd go insane if he tried to keep track of everything going on around him with four.

When Anton came in with a few soldiers carrying their lunch, they sat down and dug in.

Curiously he asked Anton, "How soon do you think those troops you asked for will get here?"

Anton looking taken aback said, "I sent a scout to cancel them, since this is over we have no need of them anymore."

He hated that his voice came out so uncertain and confused, "Over? How is it over?"

"The invasion force was decimated, any left are running for the border. Like I said, it's over."

He sat back as he struggled to fit what Anton was saying into what he was thinking. Finally he asked, "What about the slaves they took, will you leave them to their fate? Not to mention the dark god that started this war. Something needs to be done there as well."

Anton frowned and put down his drink.

"I'd like nothing better than to charge south and retrieve our people. But we lost close to five thousand soldiers which is half the military kingdom wide. We can't afford to invade Egeria, we would have to empty the kingdom of soldiers to be successful, and although we have peaceful relations for the most part with the northern kingdom of Uleni, they may decide to attack us if they sense we are weak.

"No, my duty is to keep the kingdom safe. This war is finished. Besides, I could not order an invasion, only the king could. You are welcome to try and convince him if you want," offered Anton doubtfully.

He was confused, this wasn't a normal war. Nora had convinced him that day to go north and help the army, that it was a war against an evil dark god. She had said that evil must be stopped. He had followed at that understanding. He felt he owed Cytherea at that point as well, for saving his life if nothing else. After, he had started to love his goddess as he felt her love through his talent.

He had been upset by the idea of this world being taken over by evil, not the least of which was because it was his new home, or would be. That was the fight, stopping this king, not because of a stupid invasion, but because he had summoned an evil god into the world for power. Defeating the invasion was important, he couldn't live with himself if he ignored what had gone on around him. But those were small stakes in comparison.

He had always assumed it was just a first step. Stop the invasion, and then stop the dark god from getting more of a foothold on this world. Stop him from corrupting the magic of the goddess and taking the souls of greedy foolish men. Of course, he had no idea how to stop that from happening. He just knew if he did nothing, he would never figure it out.

He couldn't even order it, which he'd have been loath to do anyway, the prince had declared the war over. The oath was dissolved at that point.

Anton looked a little guilty and offered more, "Even if my father says no, you may want to consult with the main temple of the goddess in the capitol. They may have knowledge or writings about the last Flame a thousand years ago, knowledge you may need if you truly intend to confront a god."

Confront a god? Not likely he thought. Remove the invite somehow? Maybe. If there was a way for a god to be let in, maybe they could be forced out somehow? Free will swung both ways, but he was sure it would be more complicated than sending an eviction notice. He decided it was kind of crazy actually and he was trying not to examine it too much, or he might decide to find a nice hole with some nice soft dirt to hide in.

Then he wondered where the women fell in all of this. He hadn't actually addressed this before, thinking it was understood, would they all be behind him?

He looked around the table trying to discern where the women fell in this. Nora looked slightly ashamed, and he realized the sentiment was toward her Prince as she nodded her head in an obvious show of support to him. He felt Sally take his hand and squeeze it reassuringly, she was still with him. Kat and Nicci looked nervous, but they too nodded at the nonverbal question in his eyes.

He took a deep breath, relieved, and said, "Anton, the five of us will leave you here in the morning, we can travel much faster that way." He added his thanks for the suggestions, maybe the temple idea would work out. He had thin hopes to get the king to approve an invasion, but he would still try.

He let it drop at that point, and although he was annoyed at Anton he knew it was partially his fault. He thought, he had assumed, they would fight for the goddess, but Anton's concerns seemed solely with keeping his future kingdom intact. He would try to make sure he didn't make such assumptions again.

The tense awkwardness slowly dissipated as they moved on to talk of other things. Anton said he would follow shortly as soon as all the reports came in from the scouting parties he had combing the border.

After lunch Kat and Nicci dragged Nora away to chat. Nora had refused to leave until Sally gave her word she wouldn't leave his side and he wondered what they were up to again. Maybe they were splitting up his time, but it could be anything. He watched with amusement as they practically dragged Nora away.

He walked with Sally again, not really paying attention to where they were going. He was so focused on her, that when she guided him into the tent and behind the blanket of silence, he was surprised to find himself there.

He looked at her with a question in his eyes, and her face grew irritated.

She asked, sounding very annoyed, "Will you take me?"

He was struck dumb by two things. The first, was the disparity between her almost angry annoyance and the question she had asked. The second, when he tried to come up with a way to put her off, the reluctance fell away as if it had never been there. His mind was trying to sort out both things at once, and her face grew hard and she turned to walk away.

He realized he had been silent too long and grabbed her hand, and when she turned his voice came out strong.

Magicwrtr
Magicwrtr
2,997 Followers