All Comments on 'Flight Delay'

by K.K.

Sort by:
  • 311 Comments
bigurnbigurn11 days ago

Only 3 Stars ⭐⭐⭐ , because ultimately they are a pair of cheaters, just going through the motions.

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

So he doesn't tell her about Joey to spare her. What a hypocrite. Cant get any real sympathy for him but I can for her. She may have agreed he take the job but surely that is dependent on him still being "in" the marriage which by yhe writing he surely wasn't. He does come across as weak.

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

As a non American I do not understand these stories where the husband is always on the road. Does that actually exist. Are American firms that hard on thier employees that they keep them "on the road". It takes a special marriage understanding to be able to accept, a bit like a military wife/husband. To my mine Jim is in the wrong to beging with. His wife is showing concern and trying to inform him and he just keeps ploughing on not listening or reading between the lines. Surely there are jobs in the States that don't require travel or if they do not so extensive. I know this is just a story but this theme of traveling for work pops up quite a bit and am just wonfldering if it is reality or just a story line. Liked the story.

OldbuddyOldbuddyabout 1 month ago

2nd time through. Thumbs 👍. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

For the people who say that he cheated too, and treated his wife badly, you’re wrong. Neither of those are true, because she ended the marriage as soon as she decided to have sex with someone else. Just the choice was enough, regardless of how the action went. It doesn’t matter if he bothers to file paperwork to let the government know. She broke the contract. As soon as he knows that, he was free. He fornicated with his coworker, but didn’t commit adultery, because he wasn’t married anymore.

/

Same for “treating his wife badly”. No, he was cold and indifferent to someone he found out betrayed the most important person in her life. How do you treat traitors?

/

The MC was indecisive, and ultimately, a fool. Why stay with someone who acts out her anger by doing the next worst thing to murder? Then he decides to breed her?!? He’s going to let her contribute half the DNA of his child? Worse yet, let her raise his child?!?

/

What an absolute idiot!

/

ZK

rockdoctor63rockdoctor63about 1 month ago

If Kate was so worried why did she not get on a plane and fly out to her husband? Hmmm, it make on wonder.

StubbyoneStubbyoneabout 2 months ago

Apparently I have read this story before. Not surprising that I don’t remember it. It is not memorable.

The tale had waaaay too much detail in it. Get to the point sooner. Your readers will jump ship if you continue to write a novel when a short story works just fine. Husband’s character was a dick. I was at least sympathetic towards the wife. He gave her so many excuses to step out on him. None of the characters were likeable. Gave it a 3. Might have been a generous 4 if you had cut out about 50,000 words.

Helen1899Helen18992 months ago

The MC. wasn't the best husband, but work was a good mitigating circumstance, she should have been more understanding. However his attitude running away and refusing to talk to her about it, was that of a pathetic wimp, he didn't deserve her in the end

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

After reading all the comments put forward l have come to the conclusion that they are all femanist leaning idiots that know nothing really about life and what sometimes has to happen to make it work. They had an agreement of what had to happen and how hard it would be. But they should have communicated better as it went on and maybe sort out better outcomes. She thought he was going to cheat because he did not suggest she go with him for at least part of the time he was on the assignment. Did she even suggest going with him. His lack of sex while away on assignment was as hard for him as it was for her so why the thoughts about him having an affair. I believe both of them made some absolutely stupid and selfish mistakes which would not have happened if there had been better communication. Statements saying one or the other deserved a better outcome is just sexist. They are married and should think and act as one as they signed a pledge to do so. Males and females think different that is why they have to be equal in a marriage femanists need to grow up life is not just about them. I often think there are too many yes dear males in this world who allow outcomes to be equal but one side more equal than the other.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Man, anonymous from three months ago is a psychopath

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I actually feel more sad for the cheating wife than the (post factem) cheating husband.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

MC was repugnant. He is a crappy husband with all his extreme travel, broken promises, and near abandonment. Yes she should not have slept with the lounge lizard out of some weird sort of revenge due to her anger and his broken promises. But the MC loses his mind, is a coward, leaves her in limbo for a long time and cheats far more. Grade A asshole.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The husband was a coward for not confronting his wife when he found out about her cheating, but instead ran away like a wimpy little bish. Boo Hoo, "I don't want to talk to you because you're bad."...not much of a man.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Better ending... "Just know that I will love you no matter what you decide to do." Those words from Kate rattled around in my head for over a week before I decided what to do. Very early on Saturday morning while it was still dark I let four men into our home. I woke Kate and asked her to come downstairs. She was startled to see our visitors and looked at me with confusion. "Kate, you said you'd love me no matter what I decided to do, so I'm going to take you at your word. These men are part of a Mexican cartel and they own a series of whore houses in Tijuana. I've sold you to them for $15,000.00. They assure me they will make at least twice that amount if not more before you're all used up. If you survive the next three years they will release you and you can come back and work as my maid." I sure do hope you still love me, you cheating skank slut bitch!" She screamed and fought but it was no use. She was quickly tied and gagged as they led her to her new life. She looked at me with pleading in her eyes as they carried her to the van. I just laughed and slammed the door, so glad to be rid of the betraying whore.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Two cheaters….fuck ‘em both. Not worth my time so I stopped reading. Very disappointing from this writer.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

He was certainly angry at his wife but while he did something even worse he held himself to a different standard. Not my cup of tea but it is your story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Sorry his offense and cheating was far worse. Being a coward, canceling his flight and just going silent for multiple months no to mention his Vegas weekend is disproportionate and hideous. He literally left his wife, who was despondent and remorseful, in the lurch for like 4-5 months. And this is the husband who is gone multiple.momths at a time. What marriage is that? And yeah he breakdown up their bug vacation plans to continue his normal career crap (since he is married to his work). There is no equivalency here. If the author flipped genders, the btb crowd would all.be over the wife who is traveling all the time and ghosts her husband and has a Vegas multi night fling. Rofl.

BSreaderBSreader8 months ago
I have

Read this again I wish I had given it 5 stars.

Just_WordsJust_Words8 months ago

I read it again and I will just add to my earlier remark that it is very difficult to write a reconciliation story. It's all about taking a leap of faith and the belief that you can trust someone who has already betrayed you. That's a tough thing to write. The author did a very good job of it.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Actually all for burning the husband on this one. Yes ahe screwed up with her deep seated anger issues and her deceit. She should have confessed right away. And her pla to cheat and not tell him was ludicrous. But not only did he cheat (debatable to some), his biggest issue is that he is a craven asshole who treats his wife like crap. Disappears for months. Has his sexy weekend in Vegas, never tells her, but worse doesn't talk to his wife for four months. If you want a divorce fine. But don't be a coward and cancel flight, make a phone call leaving her in the lurch and then FedEx your wedding ring. He is heartless. She can do much better.

Texican1830Texican18309 months ago

I don’t know how he could hear Kevin’s story and stay in LA. Telling her he knew on the phone was even more senseless because he then refused her explanation. Why torture yourself? Either go home, look Kyle up and beat the story out of him, or go home and find out what and why.

The path he took hurt no one more than him.

Martyr2002Martyr20029 months ago

Didn’t really like it. She comes of as self centered and needy. She has an affair cuz she’s pissed at him. So to ebpven them up he has to be a cheater too. I’d like to say you could do better than this tired old tripe but it’s been decades and you never did. It’s the formula you and SO many righters used. If you didn’t make the cheated spouse into a cuck of some sort, you made them a cheater.

Sad you could have done so much better

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good story. Both cheaters. She got found out..he didn't. He was away on business so much, hard to see how they stayed married.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good and Bad But so sad that 2 people so much in love CAN not communicate totally to each other

ibuguseribuguserabout 1 year ago

Good story but he acted like a hypocrite. He should have come clean as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I stopped reading the first chapter after the confrontation with his wife. The asshole totally loses his shit and behaves like 10 year old instead of manning up and going home to deal things straight on.

Christ, I hate cowardly, feel sorry for myself, whimps. If chooses to divorce her fine but be a man, go home and do it right.

remb95remb95about 1 year ago

Over all I liked the story nut I never understand the guys not wanting to talk to the cheater. why not man up at the first sign of smoke. Maybe that's just me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The only thing that didn't sit well with me was the introspection on his fling with Joey.

I'm not excusing it, I'm ambiguous about it, but I don't feel like the writing was honest.

When it happened, he hadn't talked to Kate. But his mental state was such, that he'd just mailed back his wedding ring to her.

That says that, at least at the time, he was inclined to think the betrayal was too great, and he couldn't get past it. He would have been in an emotional no-man's land.

Before that time, he was confident and happy in his marriage, and his focus and thoughts outside of his work commitments, was on his marriage and on Kate.

I don't believe he would be the type to succumb to temptation for the sake of lust, is just not in his character.

What happened with Joey was the result of the situation he was in, and at that time, even if he didn't think it consciously, he was separated and car adrift.

Not excusing him taking Joey up on her offer, but I don't think it is within good character to intentionally cheat. He would never have done it under normal circumstances.

Someone away from home for weeks at a time, more than they are home, will find the opportunity of they are so inclined. That's not him.

What left me feeling that this narrative didn't fit the story, was that it is the sort of thing one would consider if writing for a RAAC.

In the end, the way her side of the story was presented, plus the aspect I just analysed makes me feel that this is what this story is: a RAAC.

I have read some of those that I thought were justified. Not this time. In the end he was presented as more of a sinner than she had been, and she was presented as having fallen because of circumstances contrived to remove a good portion of her responsibility.

Not very well constructed action, but that's just my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The MC is a self-centered idiot. He treats his wife like Toy he can put a shelf the come to it every three to four months as though he'd never be gone. Canceling the flight instead of facing the issue head on, which is what a real man would do, he stays in LA to sulk let things go even further to hell.

This is only the second time I can't burn the wife. I do fault her for just not divorcing him before took off to play. What she did was wrong but then her husband had abandoned he in favor of the job; he's gone 2/3 ,of the year...for 4 years!

She had a marriage in name only.

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

3 stars - second read -

I did not like the part where he chose not to reveal his affair, after he found out for sure his SLUT wife had cheated.

This just leaves open his deceit, while hanging her affair over her head forever, just like blackmail.

This kind of relationship is destined for the scrap heap, in the not too distant future, because it is based upon mutual lies, deceit and infidelity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I marked it down to 4 stars because it was far too long and drawn out. The story didn't need 6 pages; it could have been covered in 3. Also, the MC is a stubborn, petulant, foot stomping idiot with the emotional sophistication and maturity of a spotty adolescent, who thought he could solve his problem by hiding from it and denying it's existence. Although there is no excuse for Kate's adultery it's not difficult to see why she was so pissed at him and his crappy attitude, always choosing his job and his boss's wishes over those of his wife.

HighBrowHighBrowover 1 year ago

Femdom agitprop. You were just trying to hurt me? In that case, I forgive you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting tale. A marriage where two people love each other but hurt each other badly and lie about it. One is found out, the other is not. Obviously the wife's betrayal was bad and came first. But even worse than his fuckery in Vegas with Joey for a couple of days (yeah ok revenge sex solved a lot of problems in marriages /sarcasm oft) though it did help his ego I am sure, was his phone call to his wife (instead of face to face) and his abandoning her for more than four months. Not to mention Fedexing his freaking wedding ring? Whaaat? He doesn't have the balls to confront her for like 5 months? They don't even talk for like 3-4 months. Huh? Sure he just piles into world, but he goes off to Vegas and then back home, and shows up unannounced to his wife? Yes she really fucked up. She kept it hidden, which was also really bad, notwithstanding her rationale of not causing pain. Telling him right away is the only real solution. Waiting she thought to spare home pain, but if found out it is NOT about the same talk at a later time. It is tantamount to marital suicide! Of course he won't confess to his adultery, though it was made easier by her transgression. But still his abandonment if his wife was rough. With her guilt, she must have been really sad. She had reied to make it up to.him for thr year he was ignorant. Yeah she fucked up, gambled on him.never finding out and hoping to spare him pain, went to therapy and worked on being the best wife she could. But without truth the marriage will rot from the I side. Worse he found out and suddenly everything is five times worse. But even then he is a coward and doesn't confront her. Go back, confront her agree learning from his old classmate, separate if need be, and decide if to try counseling or not. Don't leave her hanging for like 5 months. That was cruel. She made a terrible choice. It wasn't just a mistake. She chose to hurt him without ever planning to tell him (wtf?), and chose to get drunk to push her over the top to have sex with the lounge lizard. Ok she was obvious conflicted and the sex was short and awful and she vomited and cried and was wracked with guilt. Considering what she had just done, those are encouraging signs and she realized her plan to hurt her husband, especially without ever talking to him, was beyond dumb and she went to therapy for anger issues. But he left her on the razor-sharp edge for like 5 months. That is heartless. Yeah he didn't know if she would tell the truth, had no proof, and was worried there had been others. But he knew from his own analysis, it wad highly unlikely she had done it since then given their marriage being invigorated. Yeah he traveled a lit but really that fear is large enough that he abandoned her for months and oh yeah had sex weekend with a coworker and proceeded to keep that secret from his wife. Huh? Both of them are liars. She has an anger problem. He is a coward. Ironically if he had confronted earlier from the outset when he learned the truth, he would never have gotten Kyle's side of things which would have left serious doubts. But the wife clearly wad nit faking her emotional post-discovery confession and there is such a thing called marriage counseling. In hindsight it made for an interesting story, but wow their marriage is based on some big lies. Her lie got found out and she paid for it. His lives on. And man he was a coward. At least fly back. Have it out for a week, file for separation, and tell her you will come back to talk about it when you are done with the project. Make it obvious you expect her to be a nun or it is off. She will feel like shit, but will have some idea of a timeline. He can set the terms of how often or not to communicate snd when. Instead we'll he puts her through the wringer. I would wager him admitting he fucked a coworker multiple times in Vegas would hurt her less than he already did with the multi month abandonment and zero communication as she feared every day of being served.

Ocker53Ocker53over 1 year ago

Second read and I change my score to a 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
Glad

There still together although he should have decked the other guy.

Flat_OutFlat_Outover 1 year ago
What's wrong with having an ego?!

I found this story somewhat disappointing.

I know this is a story and I do appreciate K.K.'s effort to entertain us and prompt our thinking. So I'm not angry or upset with the characters or the author - IT IS JUST A STORY!

This story is personal for me - I have had a similar job to Jim where I worked away from home for prolonged period of time. We don't like it either, we do it for our families and put up with the time away so we can have a better life in the future. So I have a particular view.

I would thought Kate's first action when she was angry was to talk it out with her husband. So that's two options - I will talk to Jim and let him know how I feel vs I'm going to fuck someone else.

Jim is not out of the fire either - If you want to have a relationship [ fuck ] with someone else then you finish the first relationship. So no swinging weekend with Joey in Vegas.

What's this crap about not being allowed to have an ego - when your trusted spouse has an affair, whether it's physical or emotional - it's hurtful. There's nothing wrong about being hurt, deeply, by that. If you're not hurt then you really don't care about the relationship!

When Kate knows she's been caught out she then waits for Jim to come home and let him fix it. That's just lazy and stupid - get busy girl and see a counselor, get a plan together. Just waiting for Jim to act is careless. And when Jim stays away for so long with no contact with Kate - that's pretty shitty - if he's unsure about their future then tell her that, think time is fine but he has to communicate that. When he gives Kate the silent treatment, fucks Joey and then turns up and makes work choices without talking to Kate - that's really not fair.

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

Another good KK story, maybe a little drawn out, but he made up for it with a nice warm ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not a fan of the husband. Setting aside his long projects and travel time away, why the heck not bring the wife on vacation that August the previous year? Instead of Key West grip that got canceled, bring her with you, she has time off. When my wife and I did not either yet have kids or empty nesters, I loved taking my wife with me on say one or two business trips a year. Sometimes to East Coast, Midwest, or Even Europe. Couple of times took the kids as well in high school. But in addition to that I cannot believe the freezing out his wife for more than four months. Author wrnt way overboard with that. Then he has a three night fuck fest with Joey. And decided not to tell his wife despite counseling? I am not saying his fling was a bad as hers. His context was different with a broken heart, even if he doesn't want to admit it. But it was adultery despite being apart several months. Worse he had no guilt or ever thought of Kate while he did except physical comparisons. Is he a sociopath who only simulates emotions? We have two accounts that while Kate betrayed the marriage and got purposefully drunk to work up thr courage to have a spiteful anger fuck with Kyle, it tore her heart afterwards. Though she decides to keep it a secret, she feels guilty as hell. Goes to therapy. And when he finally shows up months later at the house, she lays everything out and is totally repentant and contrite. Yet without Kyle's testimony at the bar, he never would have believed her. On top of that his emotions on some things are odd, like telling her about San Diego but not the home office job. Or confronting her over thr phone after canceling his flight instead of talking to her face to face. Yes she fucked up but there were a bunch of shitty factors that aligned: cancellation of their vacation, him flying her back home (bravo jerkwad), her harpy of a mother, Kyle, multiple times that special occasions were cancelled, his constant travel and clear lack of empathy, the seed being planted that he must be cheating, etc and the liquor she drinks to put herself over the top. Despite that she has a shitty night, is sick after realization of what she did, and works her ass off to make it up to him. I dislike cheaters but this wife deserves a pass. The husband not so much. His rationalization about his own affair is weird.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The MC is a complete, total, ass. His job is #1 for him and his wife's needs a dim, and infrequently considered, at best, needs and

constantly kicked down the round with, I'LL MAKE IT UP TO YOU!"

Well, he might but the next time fads into the next as his boss uses him like a spare part.

I really loath cheaters but if anyone not only asked for it, willing set up all the conditions to make it happen, really, for me, gives the wife a pass. Hell, the only thing I hold against her is how stupid she was to not just divorce him.

Really, some husband. Never there, takes wife for granted, and expects endless understanding as to why the job is destroying her happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Waaaaaay to drawn out. It became repetitive and so tedious I no longer care about any of the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story K.K., please keep them coming. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Marriage counseling is completely pointless when one cheater (in this case him) goes in there keeping secrets. She's a bit of a twat, but he's the bigger prick.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

whatever happened to Margie Cooper, anyway?

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 2 years ago

RAAC was justified.

If it's a one off mistake and there is remorse and no repeat, it may be forgiven.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Too much water under the bridge for a RAAC. Would have preferred a divorce. MUCH safer option.

Both for his sanity and his long term mental health.

SunnyU2SunnyU2almost 2 years ago

Hope he told Katie about Joey during counseling. She deserves to know.

AethurAethuralmost 2 years ago

A good reconciliation story (and it makes sense). I wonder if he didn't spend time with Joey in Vegas if he would have been able to forgive her. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Idiot. She'll do it again, definitely. Once a cheater always a cheater. And next time, with a black guy and what follows 'once you go black, you'll never go back'

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story. Life is sometimes a bitch when it throws you a curveball. Good people deal with it as best they can.

He certainly needed to be more considerate of her: letting his job dominate his life to the point of virtually excluding her and giving her so many let-downs and not even having the nouse to think she was wondering alone in a world where guys would try to hit on her because he was so self-centred his decided there was no risk. Essentially he took her for granted. Not the way to keep a marriage sweet.

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoabout 2 years ago

Why oh why do authors always seem to have their main male characters run away from any marital problems. They very rarely stay and confront their spouses. Just run off and don't communicate.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ugh! MC is an ass! He gets self-righteous about her cheating and keeping it from him but does the exact same thing to her. First time I've ever thought the cheating wife should go find a better partner.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

He all but abandons her for work, then is enraged and self-righteous when she screws up? Guessing he didn't fess up about Joey & Vegas either. She's wasting her life with this idiot!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Merci beaucoup, j’ai apprécié votre travail, cela a été un moment très agréable à vous lire. Merci encore pour nous divertir notamment en ce moment de la Covid 19, cela change la vie.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Tank you Evry match

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Anonymous responses are authentic, for the most part ,it is clear that the writer is a woman, from the hypocrisy and misogynistic hatred, to any conduct to the man, and the legitimacy to the woman's way. Stumble upon themselves. disgusting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If in real life someone took part in marriage counseling but held back the fairly important information that they had had a dirty weekend in Las Vegas while married, that would seriously undermine the purpose and effectiveness of the counseling.

ded5374ded5374over 2 years ago

Красивый конец истории. Не ожидал,спасибо!

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

A good story but a little long. There was a lot soul searching by both parties. He can always justify what he did as getting even or some kind of retribution or tit for tat. Both were wrong. I think the author sowed taht pretty well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written and original plot.The husband was a complete asshole.Talk about full of himself he pushed his wife way.He was as responsible got her ‘affair’ as she was.What a prat

markivunibmarkivunibover 2 years ago

Very mechanical and robotic characters.

Life filled with fun or career choise I think cheating can be met with capital punishment otherwise no soilder can go to war ever.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Reading again. One of the better reconciliation stories I've read, but I wonder if Kate would be as forgiving?

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Honestly it was a decent portrayal of an actual marriage that is crumbling and some of the emotions involved. Didnt see it as a full on RAAC though.

It would have been better if he hadn't hid for months though. I could see some time being needed to get his head on straight, because to be honest in situations like these coming at the problem head on without any time spent figuring it out would end badly.

All in all a good story, could have been a bit better but overall pretty good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a vacillating idiot. And why couldn't he confront his wife after the months it took for the project to be over? He had enough time to think things through. One sees him uselessly procrastinating, afraid to take positive action. It was painful watching him floundering with total indecision smothering him. What a weak man! In the meantime Kate became a total wreck! To have their plans disrupted time and again would certainly put a strain on their marriage but what I couldn't understand was why he couldn't take Kate with him, any time she could get away from School. In the three years before she slipped, there must have been numerous occasions when she could have joined him. Good story, nonetheless. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

He behaved like a selfish, infantile, vindictive prick. Didn't even have the balls to confront her. Run away and hide and twist the knife into the wound. It's a miracle she didn't kick his ass to the kerb and found someone with a functioning set of gonads. Decent story though.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Considering how badly he treated his wife, putting literally everything before their marriage, that she cheated only one time is the surprise. Then he freezes her out completely and cheats himself. He doesn’t deserve her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The story is quite good only because it's somewhat realistic that a marriage can fall apart because the husband, or wife, puts work before their marriage. I find this author's writing rather flat and unemotional.

The husband in this story can't see beyond his own ego and effectively ran away from his marriage problems rather than going home and facing them head on. He fails to recognise the damage his work has done to his marriage and fully blames his wife for cheating on him when he is as much to blame for her actions.

ZharKhanZharKhanalmost 3 years ago

Call your mother, explain that since she contributed to your adultery, she can take you in. You’ll have the divorce papers as soon as possible.

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

I gave you a 4. His 4 month stay in LA changed the story in a way that caused it to drag a bit. Then his trip to Syracuse & Cortland, instead of Atlanta, made it worse - even when he got the lowdown on the pathetic sex act. In hindsight and in my opinion, he should have gone straight to Cortland to confirm the affair, as soon as he found out. Then straight to Atlanta to confront his wife. The story would have been shorter, but the affair with Joey in Las Vegas did not need to happen.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15about 3 years ago

He should have told her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
My opinion

I Really enjoyed this story and agree that this should be RAAC story. Kathy and Jim both did one big misstep. Kathy step up the plate and told everything including the evening with Kyle and the reasoning why she did it. She took steps to see why she did and to prevent repeats. Where as Jim allowed Joey to seduce him for the same reason Kathy did it. The differences is that he did it multiple times and he did not confess his transgression.

HKL BTB fan and RAAC when the situation is right

Hardday1953Hardday1953about 3 years ago
Good if there is hope

You have to have hope. Listen who is perfect. Well written!

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 3 years ago
He was worse than her

He screwed around and didn't have the guts to confess, she had the intestinal fortitude to bare her should - truthfully. Then some accuse her of being a whore.

Good story, but I thought him feckless.

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleover 3 years ago

Good dialogue and pacing. I’m glad the author didn’t fall down the rabbit hole of having hubby blame himself. 5 stars.

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Can you say stupid ass story

She cheated then he cheated. Really dumb

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

"Bit of hypocrisy going on here. Sure she cheats but only after he has continually broken his promises."

/

Nope, they discussed his work and chose together for him to take a job for the next few years that would require sacrifices of his time with her, they she lied by omission time and time again about how upset she was

/

she broke her wedding vows thrice, once by lying to him, and once by cheating, and again by lying about the cheating,

/

he cancelled a few trips in accordance with the life plan they chose together to make the years after the sacrifices easier for their future family, what a monster he was doing as his wife asked

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

cuck stories with out a cuck tag hey one star for lying to the audience and wasting our time

I may have stayed with the whore, but only after making her aware that I would never let her be pregnant with my kids, and I would be having revenge affair every single year on the anniversary of hers

samsub2022samsub2022over 3 years ago
Hey..... Not fucking fair

Hey man...... This dude had a fucking stupid excuse , so why is he act like doesn't have any guilt..... Imean If he is the decent guy in all this stories..... Should nt torture that poor woman.... Hell, If that woman exit, I just glad to stupidity that the issue or excuse..... The guy was arrogant asshole..... That's not fair for that woman cuz of nobel guilt feeling act like submissive partner...... And ot course I have a little right ti that girl.... In order to situation you wrote it....

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Potential sequel

If Joey got pregnant and Kate and Jim run into her in another airport, the whole beans are spilled. Remember she and Jim did not use protection, they did it three times and each time Jim ejaculated - unlike Kyle who was hesitating to cum inside Kate as she was clearly drunk and angry. But then again Jim could make the excuse that Joey is bisexual but prefers women for serious relationships.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not very likable characters

The wife, was a harpy, just like her mother. Hell, even the guy she cheated on, said it was the worst night of his life. He was a player, and still thought it was a bad move. She initiated it, took her ring off, and proceeded to get drunk. Sounds like she was on a mission to cheat herself. Hubby finds out about it, and want to ghost her, why, maybe because talking to a harpy is like listening to nails on a chalkboard. He was a wimp, that cheated as well, she was a harpy. Guess they will live miserable ever after. What a nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Bit of hypocrisy going on here. Sure she cheats but only after he has continually broken his promises. Then he cheats, won’t admit it and uses her infidelity to control her. 6eAiku

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Good story, maybe even realistic. But sorry, trying to make some moral equivalence with his fling when he and his wife were effectively separated is one of those deus ex machina devices that just doesn't work.

Nothing wrong with getting back together, just his reasoning was never very clear. He finally talked to her after months of prevarication, but he really didnt have much to say. She never really apologized, just sort of explained herself. She explained that she was occasionally irrational and vindictive, and sometimes deceitful. That understood, they felt it was time to have a child.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great original story

The fact that this story is realistic is what makes it a good story. Displays the imperfections of humans in a wonderful way. Good read

I don't understand why most readers think that a second chance is something bad. He gives her a second chance and they start calling him a wimp and a cuckold. People are so arrogant and stupid these days.

First off, I think that giving her a second chance was the best way. It was a mistake made by her out of anger. Let me rephrase that, bottled up anger. Three and half years of bottling up anger will cause rash stupid decisions and regret. I know this because I myself bottles up my anger, though I have learned to deal with it. Anger issues are not to be taken lightly.

That said, she repented every single day. Why do you say that he was wrong in forgiving her? You don't see her jumping on cocks left and right the moment he left her alone.

Tbh, I think Jim overreacted a bit. I mean he went ahead and fucked somebody, he himself says that it wasn't Kate's betrayal that caused him to do it. He wasn't divorced. And readers say that he's a wimpy cuckold who blames himself. The truth is nothing is perfect.

Anyway, enough with the rant. Great story, loved it. Rightfully earned 5 stars.

Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Horrible cuckold story

Wife cheats. Gets away with it. Husband blames himself.

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 4 years ago
Very good story 5*

But in the end Jim is a bit of a weasel extracting guilt and pain out of Kate for one angry mistake she made and concealing his weekend in Vegas with Joey.

BillandKateBillandKateover 4 years ago
A Well Written Story

About flawed individuals, just like real people. A 5 star story that won't get a 'Hot' rating because so many here never believe a person should be given a second chance. Thanks for an entertaining read.

tapthatasstapthatassover 4 years ago
Disappointed

Could have been great, but we were treated to the usual Hollywood bullshit of revenge infidelity (even if it wasn’t exactly presented as such) in response to the original infidelity. The characters were immature, and it ruined it for me. Also, it’s rare when infidelity is just a one time thing. Another Hollywood lie we’ve been sold, in the pursuit of making things seem novel.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 4 years ago
What is an RAAC story?

I have seen so many comments containing that acronym that I am wondering what it means? Contrary to other comments I liked this story (5 stars). Not all infidelities need to end in divorce. In Kate's case it was rather pathetic. I can see how Jim would be hurt, but would also be able to want to save the marriage. The only fault I find with Jim is that when you are having marital problems you can't fix them if your aren't there. I really enjoyed this story because of the raw emotions I felt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Inconsistent characters

The development of Kate’s character leaves me completely puzzled. It’s like the writer has taken two completely different people and tried to pretend they are the same person.

Her initial reaction on being found out was “Please come home and talk to me.”

There was no apology and no indication of remorse.

The next he hears from her was by voicemail, saying “Jim, when are you going to stop this foolishness and come home? We need to talk. How can we save our marriage if you won't talk to me? You are just being stubborn.”

No apology. No indication of remorse. Telling him he’s being foolish and stubborn.

The next he heard from her was another voicemail message. It was “How could you be so cold? Just your ring, not even a note? Please talk to me. Give me a chance, please."

No apology. No indication of remorse. Throwing “cold” into the mix with her previous characterizations of him as foolish and stubborn. Then for months she makes no further attempts to contact him. No voicemail. No letter. Nothing. He’s left with her referring to him as foolish, stubborn and cold, no apology, still no indication of remorse and she quits trying to contact him.

Then after a few months she leaves him a voicemail saying “How long do you plan to punish me? Please come home so we can talk." I hate to be monotonous, but after months she’s never apologized, never shown any remorse, called him foolish, stubborn, cold and instead of worrying about his pain and trying to deal with it acts like she’s entitled and he’s just punishing her.

I find it impossible to reconcile her character with the character assigned to her after he got home. Instead of her entitlement she said she thought she’d lost him forever. She says she’s sorry for what she did. She says she’s been thinking about what to say for a year and a half. She says “. I have been trying every way I can to make it up to you but I don't know how to erase what I did.”

Failing to apologize, not bothering to try to contact for months on end between the brief times she contacts him to call him foolish, stubborn and cold and accuse him of just punishing her is not tryhing every way possible to make it up to him. It isn’t in any way making any effort at all to make it up to him.

There are other issues but this is an easy one. The writer has made the wife two completely different people. She isn’t in any way the same character before he gets home with what she is after and what she says she’s been thinking all that time.

This is really, really bad character development. It’s inconsistent plot development as well since her behaviour after being found out really gave him every reason to file immediately for divorce and if he hadn’t run into Kyle there is really no way he reasonably could believe her.

I gave it two stars but that may be overly generous.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Is there a better excuse to cheat?

It was a poor excuse, but aren't they all? It takes maturity to face your mistakes and she did it. That was an interesting story, but a very childish mistake.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
What a stupid man

Some work to live. Some live to work. The latter is for singles. After marriage family goes first. He killed it.

Raleighman53Raleighman53almost 5 years ago

I like the story and am glad to see the anonymous agree that his cheating was just as bad as hers. He should have come clean had the balls to ask for a fresh start.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I couldn't stop reading about the train wreck!!

This guy is a train wreck that supposedly fixed his marriage after destroying it after hearing a story about his wife from an old friend he hadn't seen in a decade. He agonized about it for several months, wouldn't talk to her, and had an affair of his own? After all that anguish and "high and mighty" refusal to talk about it, he should have had the balls to admit he was also fucked-up, primarily from the story that she didn't deny, and also was unfaithful... And asked if they could work on mutual forgiveness. Now, if the story of his romp with Joey ever comes up, he has to admit to being an unfaithful hypocrite.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Blah

Well written, but the attempt to achieve "moral equivalence" on the Kyle/Joey thing is tripe. The "psychological" spin the author plants in the H's mind to ultimately pardon H's cheating wife isn't at all convincing. There's no possible way, given his prior reaction to her cheating, that that wouldn't have been a factor. Moreover, SHE committed a material breach that voided the marriage contract. Reinstating it is purely at H's discretion. He wasn't bound by any of his vows the minute W went out and deliberately spread her legs.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

She cheated first, otherwise he wouldn't have been on that Vegas weekend at all.

It feels more like the author's hamfisted attempt at defending Kate and rationalising away her decision to keep it secret.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
This one hits the sweet spot

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Who's He Kidding?!

What a hypocritical,self-righteous turd the husband is! Does he really think that her forced,distasteful,drunken,botched attempt at revenge was any worse than his willingly enjoying a sex-filled weekend with Joey?! His betrayal was far worse! She's agonized over her hers during and long after. He on the other hand shot load after load into his playmate and didn't even feel guilty about it! ~ He's the scumbag in this story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Nope

She cheated out of anger

He told her he wanst comming back sent home his ring and didnt talk to her for months

Trying to make is seem like his cheating was worse shoes what a cuck and gender bigot the author is

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous