Following the Feeling Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Your blood or hers," the menacing voice more guttural than before. Kiera gasped when claws clutched at her throat.

Through clenched teeth Grayson threatened, "If you hurt her you won't escape alive."

The claws at Kiera's neck tightened even further until she felt the sting of her flesh being pierced. Kiera desperately fought to not panic. She stared straight ahead; saw the other werewolves' anger and her friends' fear. She searched her brain for ideas, but came up empty. Her fate was in the hands of the creature behind her. She hoped Grayson wouldn't surrender to its demand, fearing it would be the death of them all.

At the scent of Kiera's blood Grayson lost the battle against his wolf. His body contorted, the sounds of bones popping scaring the humans further. Allowing the change to overcome him Grayson felt a spurt of relief. He was now on even ground with the beast who dared to touch Kiera.

She watched as Grayson, the man who only recently kissed her into ecstasy, transformed into a werewolf. Her mind knew that he could, but never imagined she would see it. He was huge, nearly seven feet tall with dark gray fur and lethal claws. His eyes retained their gray hue, but were filled with a wildness she'd never seen before. Behind him the other two transformed as well, one snow white and the other pitch black. The part of her brain that was strangely calm wondered how twins could look so different in their werewolf form.

Her attention returned to her imprisonment when the beast holding her leaned down and growled against her neck. His fetid breath stung the wounds he'd caused.

"Your bitch will die if you move, Alpha. Surrender yourself now or she dies."

Grayson growled in response. "Release her now and I might let you live."

"Kiera," a small voice called. Kiera shifted her eyes to Amber. "I see you in the arms of a beast. Make him let you go."

Make him. Kiera searched the beast's mind, but couldn't find anything to use. His anger would only harm her further, she was sure. Her fear was just as useless. She knew Amber wouldn't have spoken unless she knew there was a way. She looked helplessly at Grayson for help. His eyes, still familiar, burned into hers. There she found more anger, frustration and a possessiveness that left her breathless.

The creature behind her demanded Gray's surrender, slowly moving them towards the front door. He must have known the front door was locked and bolted securely, but the steered her that way anyway. She knew if he got her outside she would die. Kiera's attempts to pull away were rewarded with another gash at her throat.

"Your bitch bleeds so nice," he taunted, "I can play with her for hours before she dies."

A shot of dark lust sliced through Kiera's mind. She knew that her pain was pleasure for the beast behind her. She grasped it and let it build like a tidal wave. They were standing in front of the window when she shoved the lust and fear into him with a forceful burst. He howled in response and his body grew hard against her back. It was all the distraction they were going to get. She elbowed his muscled abdomen hard and threw her body forward. A moment later the beast went flying backward through the window, followed quickly by the twins.

Grayson caught Kiera before she fell to the floor. He hauled her into his embrace, holding her with a constriction that left her gasping for air. His arms tightened more when she tried to move away.

"Too tight," she wheezed. Immediately the arms loosened so she could pull air into her lungs. He still held her close against his furry chest. She breathed in his musk deeply reassured by the relief emanating from Grayson. It didn't occur to her to be afraid of him, not when he held her so securely. Kiera was grateful for his presence even as she accepted the cause of the assault lay in her association with him.

He pulled her away from his chest after long moments and began inspecting her for injuries. She glanced over at her friends who still by the bar. Jasmine eyes were full of tears, but nodded when Kiera raised her eyebrow. Once again the empath and telekinetic used the one-two punch to rid themselves of a problem.

"I'm okay," she told Grayson.

The words broke the spell of silence, her friends rushing forward to embrace her. The humans were still wary of Grayson in his were form, but he wasn't about to move from Kiera's side until the twins returned.

"What the hell is going on," Adam demanded. "What the fuck are you?"

Grayson growled, but answered, "A werewolf."

"No, no, no, no, that shit doesn't exist." Mason stared at Grayson in disbelief. "That's crazy."

"Shut up, Mason. You sound hysterical," Jasmine retorted.

"I'm okay," Kiera stated again as Grayson's inspection continued. She slapped a paw away in aggravation.

Standing on shaky legs she walked over to the bar and sat. Amber and Jasmine flanked her leaving the men to stand uncertainly.

"Adam, I think we need to board up that window. There's stuff downstairs," Kiera instructed. "Will you men come back here?" She asked Grayson.

He nodded, a strange looking movement from a werewolf, and rasped, "They're return when they find him. I need to call the pack and have a search party sent."

"Can you dial a phone?" Amber asked.

"This is too weird, I need a drink." Mason walked behind the bar and poured himself a shot.

"Maybe you should turn back," Kiera suggested to Grayson.

He shook his head. "I can sense better this way. I want to know if that bastard returns."

Entranced by words coming out of the long muzzle she relented. "Okay, then I'll call your pack. What's the number?"

** ** ** *** ** ** **

Two hours later the bar's window was boarded up and the space was filled with pack members. Most were in human form, but a few were in their were form. The humans were overwhelmed and uncomfortable from being locked in with so many strangers. Grayson had changed back to his human form when the others joined him and he barked out orders for a search party, beefed up security and an alert to be sent to the pack members not living in the hub. Kiera was amazed with his leadership skills, gone was the playful man with whom she'd eating lunch.

The twins returned a while later and changed into fresh clothes then reported that the assailant had gotten away, but the trackers were still on his trail. Zane had managed to injure the beast before he got escaped them, but the blood trail would only stay fresh for a short time. Angry, but reassured the bastard was moving away from the city, Grayson ordered everyone present back to the hub.

He found Kiera with the other paranorms and Adam in the office and updated them on the situation. Adam was allowed to leave after promising to not call the police. He left reluctantly, but knew he couldn't help his bosses any more. Kiera sent him off with a hug and promised to call him in the afternoon. It was nearing dawn and they were all exhausted. The bar was closed on Sunday and they'd try to get the window fixed on Monday before opening.

Grayson objected to the bar reopening, but the paranorms wouldn't hear it. This was their business and it would open as long as they had breath in their bodies. Gray argued that was exactly why he didn't want it to open until they'd caught the enemy wolf.

"We appreciate your concern," Kiera said, "but it's not your choice to make. We'll be open for business on Monday like we were last Monday."

They compromised by agreeing to having a few of his pack guard the place.

"Are you sending a guard to our houses as well," Jasmine asked.

"You're coming to stay at the hub." Grayson stated. "If he comes back he'll be able to track you to your homes."

"No," Kiera refused, "I'm going home to my bed."

"Don't argue with me on this," Grayson snarled. "I've had a long night and I'm not going to let you be unprotected for one minute until the bastard is captured or dead."

"So put a guard on my house. I don't care, but I am going home."

Nothing was easy with Kiera. In a low voice he reasoned, "You can have your own rooms, the best accommodations. Only if you're surrounded by my people will I feel safe enough to let you out of my sight. I just want to keep you safe."

"I said no."

Gray clenched his teeth in frustration. He grabbed her hand and pulled her into the relative privacy of the hall. In a quick movement he backed her up against the wall. Leaning chest to chest he rumbled, "You almost died tonight. I cannot protect you if you don't cooperate. Just give me an inch of cooperation to keep you alive."

Overcome by heat and intensity Kiera was barely able to reply. "I know you want to keep me safe, but I need to go home. I have to have some normalcy for me to survive, this experience is just so surreal. And that's coming from a paranormal. Please understand."

He sighed deeply, his breath a caress against her lips. "If you insist on this then I have to insist that we stay with you."

"We?"

Nodding he continued, "I won't feel secure unless you have a dozen guards, plus me. If you won't come with me to the hub then consider me joined to your hip."

"But…"

He closed the distance between them before the refusal left her mouth. He devoured her mouth with all the frustration and residual fear he felt for her. Kiera tried to back away, but was pinned against the wall. She relented with a sigh and kissed him back. She was too tired to keep her mental walls in place, but he didn't shrink from the emotions that flowed through him. He used his kiss to prove his determination to get his way and she was helpless, too tired, to resist. The heat swelled between them reaching a fever pitch when he caught scent of her arousal. If he didn't respect her modesty he would have mated them in the hall. As it was their night wasn't quite over yet and both were exhausted. When he took her fully he intended them both to be fully awake and able to spend hours exploring this passion.

He broke the kiss when he heard the office door open. Amber peeked out and asked, "Well?"

Flushed Kiera replied, "We're going to stay at my house, all of us."

With a childlike enthusiasm out of place for the night's events Amber squealed, "Sleepover!"

12