From Across The Room Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I knew she was right. I've known it all along. Even though I knew deep in my heart that her and I becoming a united couple was, for all intentional purposes, impossible as well as most improbable. I knew that in order to satisfy my own selfish desire to have a 'special someone' in my life, I had allowed myself to dive too deeply into my fantasy pool and now I was going to pay the price for it.

'Wonder when the kiss of death is coming,' I said to myself.

"To me, age doesn't mean a thing," she said, jolting me back to this situation that could easily become one of the worst nights in my life.

"It's the mutual respect, freedom, love, trust, and, well, there's tons of things that play into it all, and you know them as well as I do. I'm not saying it can't happen - it just can't happen right now," she said with a tenderness that brought tears to my eyes.

She kissed me and then hugged me, and even allowed me the delight of holding her in my arms for several minutes. Before long she placed her index finger under my chin and raised my head, forcing me to look her in the eyes. My heart instantly liquefied.

"Tonight, you're going to live your dream," she said.

Her voice was so comforting and soothing I had to force myself to think so I could perhaps figure out what she meant.

"Tonight... You... Me... On the sofa," came her heavenly words. "Just like in your dream, but unlike your dream, I'll still be here in the morning." she told me. "I promise," she added with a kiss to, as she said, 'seal the deal' she made.

Unable to fight trying to contain my feelings any longer, I blurted out, "I love you! I love you so-o-o much, Belle!" as I hugged her tightly. "But we'll keep it as a friendship love, okay?" I whimpered in her ear.

'Jesus! You friggin' asshole! You're crying like a baby with a spider in his diaper!' I began as I silently reprimanded myself mentally for my less than manly display of emotion.

"Hey," she whispered. "It's been pretty intense for a while, for both of us! Why don't we go have a couple drinks and come back here?"

"Sounds good to me," I stated, trying to sound 'normal' again. "I'd be happy to fix us a bite to eat - before or after - your choice."

Belle smiled that magical smile of hers. "Don't sweat it, Darling. We'll figure it out."

With that, we headed off, walking to a nearby lounge.

'My God!' I thought to myself as we walked hand in hand down the street. 'She certainly is a wonderful and special lady!'

12