Gabriella Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I think you'd make a lot of money." Ella paused for a moment, before she pinched his side. "Ow, what the hell?" He turned around and looked at her, his eyes still bloodshot.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She rested her hands on her hips waiting for his response.

"Huh?" Then he closed his eyes and laid his head back down. "Gabriella, I didn't mean anything bad by that, I just meant that you're good at it."

"Oh." She was so used to picking out the double entendre in people's words that sometimes genuine compliments escaped her. "Sorry."

A few moments of silence passed before Simon spoke again. "What did you mean by your mom's not perfect?"

"Nothing."

"No, tell me."

"Well, you know, some of those times when she was gone, she wasn't working. She just didn't come home. I'm not supposed to know that though." Ella slid her hands down his sides. "I mean, it's not like my birth was exactly planned out, you know. I think in college when plans fell through with my dad, she didn't know what to do with me." She ran her hands back up. "Still doesn't," she whispered.

More silence passed before he spoke. "How do you know she wasn't working?"

"Well, I got sick once and my school called her job and they said she had left hours ago. So, they called her other one and they said she wasn't on the schedule for that day. But then that night when she came home, she said she was exhausted from work. I asked if she went to both jobs and she said yes and they kept her late. I never told her I knew the truth. I didn't see what the point was. But that wasn't the only time I caught her in that lie. But who cares."

Simon's hand brushed against her leg. "Well, sure your mom may have made some mistakes in the past, but that's no reason not to love her. I'd like to think that people shouldn't be judged so much by their past actions as opposed to present ones."

Ella thought about it for a moment before she opened up a sore wound. "Do you forgive your dad's past actions?"

When he didn't answer, she assumed he was ignoring her or he had fallen asleep. She continued to rub his back when she finally heard him answer.

"No," he said softly.

"So then don't judge me. Besides, I'm not blaming her for anything." But Ella knew they both were ready to change the subject of parents and their mistakes. "Jeez, you're so tense."

"Can't possibly imagine why."

Ella laughed. She was about to stop when his cell phone vibrated beside her leg. She checked the ID then answered it. "Hello?" she said to her mom. "No, you called the right phone. Hold on."

She placed the phone to his ear. "Yeah," he answered groggily. But then two seconds later he pushed himself up, bucking Ella from his back. "Honey? Oh, hey, um, sorry, I didn't know it was you!" She laughed when she hit the bed, and he quickly leaned over her, placing his hand to her mouth.

"Um, yeah, I don't know why she decided to answer my phone." He stared down at her, his eyes shooting daggers at her. "No, we were just watching a movie and I dozed off." He squeezed his eyes shut and shook his head as if he couldn't bear another lie. Their entire relationship was a lie. But at that moment, she felt like fucking with him. She writhed beneath him. He held the phone between his shoulder and his ear while he wrapped his other hand around her wrists and pinned them to her chest. 'Stop,' he mouthed to her.

"What? That's great, I'm so happy. I mean, not that you flew out there for nothing, but that I can pick you up tomorrow morning instead of Sunday."

Ella stopped moving. Her mother was coming back two days early.

"Honey, that's great. I'll be at the airport at ten. I love you too. Goodnight. I'm glad you called. Okay, bye." He shut his phone and removed his hand from her mouth. He stared down at her, his eyes scanning over her face and then further down her body. Her pussy tingled from the weight of him. When his eyes captured hers, she saw something flash in them. But before she could act on it, he released her wrists and quickly hopped off the bed and entered the bathroom.

Ella lay still on the bed and listened to the sound of water splashing about. Seconds later she heard Simon shout, "Fuck, that's cold!" She would have laughed had she not remembered how his face lit up from news of her mother's early return. She didn't know which bothered her more...that her mother was coming back early or that Simon was so happy about it.

She slipped beneath the covers when she heard the shower turn off. Seconds later the bathroom door opened and steam swept over her. She heard him sigh as he pulled open the dresser drawer. She assumed he was sliding on underwear, and she almost chanced a peek. Not that she hadn't seen it all.

"Gabriella, get up," he whispered. She didn't move a muscle as she pretended to sleep. She felt the sheets fall away from her body as he entered the bed. He tapped her shoulder. "Gabriella?" She still didn't budge, although her heart raced.

Ella figured he thought she wanted sex, but she didn't. She just wanted to be close to him. To feel like she was important in his life. The bed dipped again and she watched his form walk out of the door with a pillow in hand. Fuck.

She lay there for a few minutes, wondering how everything had spun so out of control. She was in love with Simon. No other word described her crazy emotions. But she also didn't want him to sleep on the couch just because she couldn't control herself. She didn't want to be a nuisance.

She got up and walked into the living room. He was about to sit down when he saw her.

"Don't," he said, holding up a hand.

"I just wanted to tell you that you can have the bed. I'm going to my room."

He looked at her skeptically.

"Goodnight, Simon."

She walked down the hall and into her room, quietly closing the door. If he really didn't want her, then she wasn't going to beg, no matter how much she wanted to. He wanted her mom and not her, so she would have to get over it.

Ella lay at the foot of her bed, staring out of the window. She could get over it. She was strong. She had endured a lot in her nineteen years and she would survive this as well. Maybe she could start being more serious with Nolan. Hell, maybe they could even be a couple.

But that thought didn't make her feel any better. Her entire body felt worn down and used. She felt like a fool for following him around today. Maybe she should move out. She would have to get a job and find a roommate, but perhaps that was the new start she needed.

Ella heard a noise and glanced at the bottom of her door. She noticed a shadow. He was standing on the other side. She held her breath, wondering if he was going to come to her again. He had done it so many times before, seeking her out just as many times as she had gone to him. She knew if he did come in, she would welcome him like she had in the beginning.

But she released her breath when his shadow passed.

**********

Simon

Simon's entire body ached the next morning, not to mention the splitting headache from his childish hangover. Most of the night was spent tossing and turning, his thoughts alternating between his wife and Gabriella.

He felt weak. Not just physically due to the late night and alcohol, but mentally because of Gabriella. All of his life, he had prided himself on being an intelligent and logical man. But not one thing he had done over the past year would prove he possessed either of those qualities. And sure he liked risks, but usually they involved two wheels and speed. Now his risks had come in a five-foot-six ball of fire with an unbelievable body and a killer smile. A smile he was seeing less and less of due to their circumstances.

Simon shook off the feelings, showered and dressed. He found Gabriella in the kitchen leaning over the counter, as she flipped through pages in a magazine. She glanced around at him and then back down.

The last thing he wanted to notice was how her shorts and tank top showed off her tempting curves, a small waist and ample hips with legs that were long and toned. He poured a cup of coffee.

"Thank you," he whispered when he remembered she didn't drink coffee and must have brewed it just for him.

"Welcome." She didn't bother turning around but yet he couldn't take his eyes from her. His heart began beating faster and his skin tingled.

God, in another lifetime...

A few more second passed before she finally glanced up at him. He quickly looked away and took a sip from his cup.

One hour to go and he'd have his wife back. One hour and he and Gabriella would no longer be alone. One hour...

But a part of him felt restless. Like the hour wasn't long enough. His mind flashed thoughts of dragging Gabriella to the couch and fucking the hell out of her one last time. His dick stiffened. He sipped his coffee again as he went to sit down.

"You coming with me to the airport?" he asked.

"No."

"Why not? Your classes were cancelled due to this fucking faculty meeting we're forced to attend."

"I'm gonna watch Nolan practice today and then we're hanging out later."

Simon felt it. The green-eyed monster gripped him.

"Are you and this guy serious?" He stretched his jaw to keep from clamping his teeth together. She shrugged and turned the page. He stared at her back, his mind thinking thoughts that he had no business thinking. When she turned another page, the noise filled the room and jangled his nerves. She turned another. And another.

Before he could stop himself and gain back any fucking sense, he stood and walked up behind her. He stared at the back of her neck, at the spot he had kissed a hundred times. He exhaled as he placed his hands on either side of her, locking her against the counter. He didn't know what the fuck he was doing, but he had to touch her.

He watched the back of her head as she turned to each side looking down at his hands and then stood upright. He leaned his body into hers, swearing he could smell cinnamon.

"Fuck, you make me crazy," he whispered, before his arms wrapped around her and his lips kissed the back of her neck. That sweet spot he couldn't get enough of.

"Don't!" When she swung around in his arms, her ponytail smacked him in the mouth.

Simon stepped back, pulling his arms away as if he had been electrocuted. He knew he was looking at her as if she was crazy, but he hadn't expected that response.

She folded her arms across her chest and studied the floor. "You can't—you can't just make me want you and then when my mom is in the picture pretend I don't exist."

Simon stared at her face. She was hurting. He felt like the biggest asshole in the world. Both she and Patricia deserved better. He honestly had nothing to say. He knew this day would come. The day when his constant schizophrenic behavior would push her away for good. He should have been happy about it, but his stomach ached and his chest tightened. He tried to take a step closer, but she jerked her head up, her eyes glassed over, which made him stop in this tracks.

"I—I don't want you confusing me anymore. I'll leave you alone if you leave me alone. Deal?" she asked, as if he would ever be okay with it. But he knew she was doing the right thing, even though it hurt like a son of a bitch right now.

"Deal," he whispered.

She turned back around and continued to flip through the pages. He heard her sniffle but they were beyond faking it. He knew she was crying and he felt it best if he just left.

But she had to know one more thing, because they may never get this chance to talk again.

"Gabriella, I swear, I am truly sorry that I hurt you. I'll never forgive myself."

With that said, he walked out of the house and hopefully out of his relationship with her for the last time.

**********

Patricia

"Mmm," Patricia moaned into Simon's mouth. She was so glad to be home, especially since the trip had been a complete waste of time. The clients that she was supposed to schmooze and booze turned out to be scatterbrained and ended up leaving on vacation the day after she arrived, swearing they thought the meeting was the following weekend. Of course, this information only came after she waited an hour and a half for drinks with them.

But the weekend wasn't a total bust. The bellboy at the hotel she stayed at was flirtatious. So maybe turning forty wouldn't be so bad after all. But once the sweet flirtation turned into blatant hitting on, she flashed her wedding ring. He seemed to have gotten the message.

Simon squeezed her against him, but she soon broke the kiss. He laughed as she nervously looked around, hoping no one had seen them. PDA wasn't exactly her thing.

"I'm so glad you're back," he told her as he tossed her bag into the backseat and got in the car.

"Oh, me too. Even though it was only for one day, I still missed sleeping beside you."

"So did I, honey. So did I."

Patricia reached over and rubbed his cheek. She laughed when he nuzzled it between his face and his shoulder.

"What do you want to do today?" he said, when he drove out of the airport.

Patricia leaned her head back and sighed. "I don't know. Don't you have work, like, right now?" she said looking at the time on the radio.

"Actually, we have this boring ass meeting, but why don't you come with me? If you aren't too tired. You can sit in my office or wander around campus, if you promise not to get into trouble," he said, smirking at her.

Patricia laughed. "Well, how long is it?"

"I think it's only two hours. Then we can have lunch afterward and catch a movie or something. Kick off our Friday early. What do you say?"

Even though she was completely beat from her twenty-four hour whirlwind travel, she had missed Simon and wanted to spend time with him. "I'd love to baby," she said, leaning over to kiss him again.

When they arrived on campus, Simon gave her a quick tour of the recent renovations and then showed her to his office. It had been a while since Patricia had been in there. When they first met, she would surprise him with lunch. They'd stay in his office or find some empty lecture room where they'd eat and talk about what they wanted for the future. But over the years the practice had tapered off. At first he had complained about it, but in the past year or so, he hadn't mentioned their secret lunches so she didn't bother.

Patricia sat behind his desk, feeling a bit claustrophobic. His office was immaculately clean but very tiny. It had to have been a broom closet before they redesigned the building.

She looked up as he checked his watch. "Okay, be good or I'll have to punish you."

Patricia's eyes widened. "Simon!" Her mouth curved up in shock and laughter. He usually didn't say things like that to her.

"Sorry, sorry," he said, smiling before he walked out. He popped his head back in. "I'm giving this dude two full hours and then I'm out, regardless of what Frances says."

"That a boy," Patricia joked. Simon narrowed his eyes at her and smiled again. She blew him a kiss, which he caught and walked away.

She checked out his DVD rack and chose a random shoot 'em type of movie to watch. Simon's chair creaked and shifted awkwardly. She would remember to put that on her Christmas list.

About halfway through the movie, she lost interest. Wandering around campus had to be more appealing than this. She loved being on campus. She wasn't able to have the full college experience since she ended up pregnant and had to drop out for a few months toward the end of her junior year. Too embarrassed to go back, she decided to switch to a smaller school where she finished out her higher education.

Patricia grabbed a pen from a holder and began writing a note but the ink ran dry. In search of another pen, she opened his top drawer. The drawer opened wide enough to squeeze her hand in. She bent over and tried to see what was jamming it.

"Come on," she said, pulling on it harder. But it wouldn't budge. She stood up and yanked it with all her strength, until the drawer flew out and hit the floor.

"Oh, great." She placed the papers and supplies back in the drawer when something caught her eye. Beneath the papers that hadn't fallen out, lay a condom packaged in black and green. And then another and another.

Her mouth fell open as she picked several of them up and stared in disbelief. She and Simon hadn't used condoms since they first moved in together. Her stomach wound in slow knots. She felt short of breath as she slid down to the floor, trying to ignore the pounding in her head. This couldn't be. "Oh my God, oh my God."

She'd counted at least twenty packets.

**********

Hope you all enjoyed chapter 2! Just want to give a shout out to Kaia (Tangledinyou) for being my muse, bff and more!! You're the shit, missy! Another thank you to the brilliant magician, August Bouvier for helping bring my words to life...and to nerd4music and SecretFantasy for their eyes and support. You ladies are wonderful!

And thank you all for reading, voting and commenting...means so much and I hope to have chapter 3 out asap!

Soular