All Comments on 'George and Ben'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
ariesgirlariesgirlabout 10 years ago

It doesn't matter now but Ben didn't tell Kelly he was engaged.

abboncabboncabout 10 years ago
Another masterful plot

This one is up there with your best, but why did you change to Ben being the narrator for the first third of page 3?

Nick

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Outstanding!

I have not read any of your other work, but they must be good!

I personally like a little more descriptive and more sex overall but this was maybe right for this story. I agree with the other reader on the change of voice, and a couple of word choices that make me think you haven't spent much time on a farm, but overall no real negatives, the story line and telling far out-shadow those little things.

I don't understand your use of Tags, I must say.

Overall, would be a 10 on a scale of 5, if I could

RJ

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3about 10 years ago
Out of Kilter

There is something "off" with this story. It seems rushed so that things were skipped and the story became herky-jerky. Good but not your best.

Handley_PageHandley_Pageabout 10 years ago
Very nice

A very tidy story in the best traditions of the art.

I look forward to reading more!

73

HP

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyabout 10 years ago
I Read All Your Stories

I liked this one but the speed of them falling in love was a little awkward, like weeks took place from the time they fell asleep to the time they woke up. Just a small thing in an otherwise good story.

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Enjoyed it, as always

Good story line but I felt that the courting could have been stretched out a bit. Jackie did not sound at all like a good fiancé and thus his ability to choose is put in doubt.

chytownchytownabout 10 years ago
Great Read*****

Thanks for sharing this very entertaining story.

abboncabboncalmost 10 years ago
A small technicality

I've just re-read this story (I've lost count of the number of times), and noticed a rare (for you) technical error.

The order of speed when riding is walk, trot, canter, gallop, but you have Ben cantering before trotting.

Nick

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 9 years ago
Whoa - whiplash LOL

They had to be about the fastest 2 people on earth -

Both engaged (regardless of how reluctantly) and they both kick loose and get together while watering the horse LOL.

But around that is was fun -

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
great story

and that is the way to deal with bullying assholes...ruin them totally....a great tale of love for them both and their horses...and children...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...