All Comments on 'Ghosts & Shadows Pt. 02'

by DanielQSteele1

Sort by:
  • 154 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Hugh is such a bitch. Divorce affects the whole family, it's so stupid when male MC's won't tell the truth about why they split up to the kids. "It's not my place." Why? That means honestly isn't his place.

The way he'd drop his own son in defense of a woman who fucked around on him for a year--and then jettisoned him from her life so fast he might as well have been deleted--is so outrageous and egregious. What a confused, sanctimonious, pathetic, old fool. His loyal son shouldn't have wasted his time on a father like that.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Mary did divorce Hugh. However. The divorce DID affect Peter and Nicole, their children, and their grandchildren.

Hugh had an obligation to tell his children about the divorce. It did affect them. Hugh also should have respected Peter, when Peter decided what HE was going to do in relation to Mary, when he disowned Mary. Mary DID hide the affair from her children. Mary deceived her children. Mary was not honest with her own children. Those are HER faults and those DID DIRECTLY AFFECT the children.

This point is a major plot hole. Hugh, being the experienced senior that he is, is mature enough to realize this. I gave this chapter 4 stars, for this oversight.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Que aburrida lectura ... El tipo es un imbécil

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Stopped reading as soon as he wouldn't tell his son why his Mother left and was living in Chicago. I F$%king HATE that bullshit that some authors put in these stories. "Oh, it's not my place to say". "That's something your Mother needs to tell you"

What a load.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The plot and MC are so fucking contrived.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Sorry, this MC is just too much, I can't imagine any man reacting the way you have him doing. Your a good writer but this is complete crap.

AllNigherAllNigher7 months ago

Sorry but his kids are adults. Fine, recommend they try to have a relationship with their mother but why in fuck risk your own? If his son doesn't want his family around a woman trying to make cheating seyen okay, that's his son's call and fuck the dad for the emotional blackmail...

And surprised it took so long for her to cheat considering how they met. Maybe she just started traveling and got the chance?

As for those saying he should fight for her.... Fight for what? She moved in with the dude immediately. Men don't own women. You fight for your mate when you're dating. You defend them and support them once together.

If I have to fight to keep my wife from seeing other men I don't want her as a wife.... not like someone was forcing themselves on her or drugging her. Would it hurt? Yeah. Take a long time to get over it? Yeah. But for for her? Fuck no.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Oh really:

Don't you tell your children about the reason for your divorce?

Do you take the side of the bitch when your children are dying with you?

(is this credible??? absolutely not!!!)

Do you let your children know openly that you are a prudish as well as amoral husband?

what kind of husband is that?

In truth, he deserves what happens to him and more.

what stupidity!

tsgtcapttsgtcapt7 months ago

And on we go...thank you.

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo10 months ago

To Anonumous 3 months ago, he wasn't that sainted and sbe simply did to him what he had persevered and succeeded in getting her to do to her Harvard fiance who she was engagef ro when they first met: Cheated on him then dropped him.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

"She is your mother and Austin's grandmother. She has loved you as long as you've been on this earth. She loves that baby. She has never done ANYTHING to lose your love."

- Um, you could argue that destroying his family for a younger cock is something to lose someone's love. Would you expect him to keep loving her if she'd *killed* her husband? The side effect of her cheating nearly did that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another saint husband who’s cheating whore wife done him wrong. I laughed out loud when he had conversation with his adult son that if he said another bad word about his wife he would lose him as a father too. Get real.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good writer, good story, but overly melodramatic. It’s almost mandatory that the cheated on husband has to go into a drunken stupor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great link. Cut above so many of the fables that inhabit this site.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

Great follow up, I would say, written with feelings that were near to home

HooHaa77HooHaa77over 1 year ago

In part 1, Hugh's reaction bordered on him being a cuck. In part 2, mainly with how he reacted to his son's reaction, Hugh became a cuck and a wimp cuck at that. He's accepted his wife's betrayal and done nothing to fight for her, fight it or get any sort of revenge. He's a wimp. Guess I'll see if that changes in future parts of this series...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

“You just lost your father and mother. I think you're going to be lonely." Seriously? The Father cannot understand why the son would be upset? I didn’t realize the MC was named “Jesus”.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is starting to look like a RaaC story. How the hell do you find fault in your sons actions when he has to put up with some slime slimeball feeling up his mother infront of him. Every good story has a moral or two in it, yes your a great writer but jeez, do you have any morals.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One star for the bullshit conversation with the son. He's a fucking adult and if he chooses to disassociate from his mother, that's his choice. To threaten him him with losing a relationship with the only ethical parent he has is just fucking outrageous. I don't know if I can continue with this kind of horseshit being dished out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Your husbands all seem to be a certain kind of asshole. I'm assuming this is influenced by how old you are and how rather rigid you define how a man should behave and act. That's really the only way I can rationalize the strain of asshole-ness that permeates the husbands in your stories.

Not that your wives are any better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is such bullshit. The whole self-deprecation got old real fast. The age difference shouldn't make it a deal-breaker if two people really like each other and it really looks like he'd be compatible with Gail or Coffee. Seriously, Americans are so fucking hung up on age difference it's bewildering to the rest of the world. It's exasperating and honestly kind of sad how hung up you people are on stuff like that.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitabout 2 years ago

Reread…bullshit. Complete bullshit.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

reread for me. like this as I am of his age group. like "interpersonal relationships" Also find it amazing that a 45 yr. old "Educated?" Man would come out to sit with a 30 yr. old Son of his new heart throb in pajamas and have the nerve ? to cup her(Mom) breast in front of her adult Son. So far beyond good taste or manners.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I am 57. My own mother did something similar to the cheating wife in this story. She didn’t physically cheat, but there was an emotional affair with an old boyfriend and he moved in to the family home soon after my father died. I have reduced contact with her to bare minimum and my adult children have chosen to do same. I send flowers for Mothers Day and Christmas, but next time I see her will be at her funeral. My father has passed on, but it would not have mattered what he told me to do, it’s my decision-not anyone else’s.

texxmantexxmanover 2 years ago

I agree with other’s posts, the bullshit about making nice with your cheating slut mother makes me want to puke. As an adult his son has a right to make his own judgments about what’s right and wrong. The Dad’s ultimatum just forces the son into a spot where he loses respect for his father.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Read this again. What a load shit is the noble ex husband trope so used by authors on Lit.

Be good to your cheating mother, this has has nothing to do with you, this is between me and her.

Love your your Mom.

What garbage!!!

Of course her actions affect the kids, cheating affects everyone in the family. Hubby is wrong here on EVERY level. The kids have a right to treat their mother how they like, and Dad telling them he’ll cut them out is just so much bullshit.

Rescored this chapter to 1/5 it is just filled with too much bullshit tropes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You are a great writer and have written some fantastic stories for us.

I have one serious complaint though.

I really can not understand this compulsion most authors have on this site for the wronged husband to bend over backwards to make sure his kids are still under the unfettered influence of cheating slut.

Is it part of the contract with literotica that you must not write stories that reflect the true pain or cost of adultery. Is it a rule that everyone has to play happy families. Can a man not encourage his children to stay away from the slut.

A wife fucks her boss for promotion. She's a prostitute. She fucks for money.

Then the idiot husband spends time trying to make sure his kids have a good relationship with this prostitute rather than trying their best to keep her away from the kids. She cheated on the entire family.

So in this story why would he encourage his own children to continue a relationship with a lying deceiving backstabbing immoral adulterous bitch? What possible gain is there for the kids? Does he want his slut wife to impart her morals and standards to his daughter and son?

And don't hand me that crock of shit "she cheated on me, not you".

Of course she cheated on her children.

Of course the children will be just as devastated as the husband.

Every moment she spent with Asshole is one she didn't spend with her family.

Every lie she told she told to her whole family.

All the emotion she expended on Asshole was her family's not just the husband and most certainly not hers.

All the effort she put into the affair belonged to her family.

And that does not even begin to mention the pain, conflict and confusion that must ensue.

None of this rant should imply that I am not enjoying a great story from a good writer.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
UGH!!!!

This was painful to read and only re-enforced what I said about him in the first part.

HE'S A FUCKING PUSSY!

....Too many authors here seem to wear panties even though they have male names.

....And what of the son??? He should have been all over the interloper and fucked him up good, and when dad threatened their relationship, should have walked out and never looked back!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very good well written and well crafted storyline. Didn't spot any typo's. The only thing that's missing in the story is Mary's side of the story and her reasoning for leaving a 36 year marriage. I hope the author addresses this in other chapters. The way the author has written their relationship before Mary left is one of a very loving relationship. It seems incomprehensible that Mary would suddenly decide on a divorce without giving any indications before hand that she was having an affair and was unhappy with their marriage. It really doesn't make any sense. The author needs to create a very good reason for the affair and divorce. The way Mary has reacted so far is very much like someone who has had a breakdown or who is being blackmailed. Unless the author addresses her reasoning and explains why she left the whole story lacks credibility.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

When a woman or a man dishonors the other by cheating on they deserve no respect from the offended party and the party that was offended and is honorable should be respected and the cheater needs to be punished just like a child who disobeys. There are no free rides 40 years ago my ex broke the marriage vows and today the children have no respect for me cause I never bad mouthed their mother about the cheat she was. Maybe I should speak up now? What do you think? Good reading but not a great subject and a little downer but still good.

RanDog025RanDog025almost 3 years ago

Sometimes I just read the comments and laugh my ass off! Literotica sure attracts a lot of morons. Most of them are Anons that, by the sound of their comments don't even read the story but come up with some off the most ridiculous shit I've ever read but not any where near as good as this story! 25 STARS! Thanks Mr. Steele for a great story so far!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What kind of "parent" disowns a child (albeit grown) for cutting ties with an immoral lying cheat of a parent? What type of person argues with you for agreeing with them.

Personally I'd say "good riddance".

A new low for this author, who was one of the best (sad to see liberalism eating the heart out of the decent writers)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Simply THE single worst, or shall I say, least attractive DQS story online.

WargamerWargameralmost 3 years ago

Your male characters are just fucking nice. Fairy tale stuff, real fantasy rubbish, ooh, l love her, she did me wrong but I can’t help mooning over her. The stuff with the son and daughter was revolting. Why do you authors think the kids aren’t affected and can think and choose for themselves. This emotional blackmail shit is just that, shit!!!!!

I’ll read on but I think this tale is too close to being rubbish now.

Time will tell.

3/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One star; I did not finish this story, I quit when I read how the father disowned his children and grandchildren because they totally removed themselves from their adulteress, lying, slut mother. I have never met, read about, nor heard about any male that had or would do such a thing. After reading several other stories by this author I finally realize that he prefers spineless, wimp, cuckold males as his main characters; I am finished with this author.

Ocker53Ocker53about 3 years ago

Tell me in The history of man kind that a cheated on spouse has threaten to disown his own children and grandchildren simply because his children are outraged enough by the cheaters action to take there fathers side. Ridiculous shit like this ruin an otherwise good story, I know it’s just the authors way of showing how pathetic the husband is but it’s just too stupid to be believable. ⭐️⭐️

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

cucks get one star, especially emotion cuck who encourage their children to accept cheaters in their lives

MeredithXMeredithXover 3 years ago

Standard disclaimer: I have read the entire story (via Kindle, actually, not here), but I will try to keep the scope of my comments pertinent to this installment.

These chapters almost mark time, but they do in fact advance the plot: (1) The Davidson family is being drawn into the saga; (2) Mary's behavior remains enigmatic, which (admit it) compels us to push on; (3) Hugh finds that sex is not the therapy he thought it might be, finding that sex is one thing, but companionship with a satisfying connection is quite the other. (Well duh, Hugh.)

My main gripe: Sex maybe comes a little too easily for Hugh. I'm not even sure who Brittany is, because she showed up almost out of nowhere, and the author never really explained who she was. On the other hand, I love the running "House" and "Michelob" gags.

Three stars, sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Ok this is getting stupid now

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitalmost 4 years ago
Beta male bullshit

This guy is a joke....refuses to ditch the whore....defends her....bullshit

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Semi-Cuck...

I would have relished my grown children totally hating and abandoning their cheating slut mother. The more hateful the better!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nope

Still a pussy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Well written but...

He passively lets his wife cheat on him for months. Does not fight for the marriage but hides away like a little boy and gets drunk for a week instead. Insists his adult, devastated son not break off with his cheating mother.. etc etc. Equals wimp.

He deliberately breaks the near engagement of his future wife without a tremor of a conscience and then basically insults the two women he was with after his obnoxious wife throws away their marriage without a second thought. Equals asshole.

So very hard to read a story about a cheating whore wife and an asshole, wimp husband and still enjoy it.

4* because you write so well. I just wish your characters had a semblance of decency and backbone in them.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 5 years ago
When

If a man is such an unbelievably massive cuck he deserves to lose his wife and kids.

If that had been my father I would have told him to go fuck himself and never speak to me again, although my dad would never have laid that on me and would fully expect that kind of reply to such a massive level of faggotry.

The protagonist has been written in such a way as to make anything that happens to him uninteresting to say the least.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
How about

the son just tells her to call when she gets rid of the sleazeball?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
His Son Is His Own Person

His son and daughter is an adult and thus they are free to make up their own minds as to what the do with their own mother and if they want to disown her they have that right to do so. Yes the father can have his say but the son/daughter have to make their own decisions. Then he tries to blackmail them saying he will disown them. Well bad luck as I would have walked out. Blood is not thicker than water.

rodryder44rodryder44almost 6 years ago
Very Surprised

The venomous comments have me keeping the shades drawn and my .357 Magnum by my pillow. Can't wait for the next chapter.

jrphdojrphdoabout 6 years ago
What a Wuss

1. Why would you ever allow it to go to court in Chicago instead of Fla. where without a doubt was her legal domicile? Stupid! and really, after all this, is he going to sign away his rights and do so without even speaking to her? 2. Coming from someone who has been there, if the children take your side, YOU LOVE IT. Not even saying you try to turn them against her but if they see it that way, so be it. That shit about "losing your father too" is unbelievable, who would do that? Hugh has resources, and is connected to powerful people who care deeply about him. He needs to grow a pair!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Pathetic!

He's quite a wimp. She's left him, after first lying for months, then bold- facedly telling him the truth and without the least regret. YET, the silly pussy can't let go and still breaks into sobs over her! Has he no self respect?! Still looking for her approval when he treats his loyal son as he does. Just pathetic!!!

Flar1958Flar1958over 6 years ago
Think befor you write

Isn t enough hate in the world? He is right it is still their mother and she does nothing wrong to them. All the anonymos out there you realy believe what you write ?

Have you ever loved? Realy loved? Or is all what you say to your wife only a lie?

After so long toghter you don t cry about your lost love? I am pity about you, he dont hate her. He only doesn t understand why. And now walk in his shoe mybye you see he reactet as he did.

Please excute mistakes english isn t my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Now he's a wimp...

I gave you a 2 last story because I was feeling generous but here? Not so much. The moment he told his adult children they'd have to cut him out of their lives if they did it to their mother was the point I lost what little respect I had left for him. Fuck dude...are you some sort of closet cuck-wimp with machismo fantasies or something? Certainly too much of that horseshit here on Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fuck that self-righteous asshole

He doesn't GET to tell his ADULT son who the granddaughter can or can't associate with. What a useless, meddlesome prick.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
What a shitty Cuckold/wimp crap!!!

Only for perverts or real brain sick ones!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Here's My Take

He's a FRIGGIN IDIOT! I would of been proud of my son for giving his mother hell and thanked him for doing what he did and saying what he said to his now

ex-mother.

begoniajoebegoniajoeover 7 years ago
Cheats

If mum or dad cheats it is not just on each other but on the children as well. Children have the right to hate the cheater.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 7 years ago
Crap

Your male protagonist is a sanctimonious self-flagellating asshole who is unbelieveable as a character and human being. 1*

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through...

The character development and emotional authenticity is simply phenomenal. Still love it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Lost Me

He lost me when he told his son had to love his mother because she was his mother.

I cringe every time I hear or read this asinine statement. There are mothers in this

world that are not worthy of the price of the bullet it would take to put them out of

every one else's misery. How does anybody become so arrogant as to insist

someone "must" love someone else only because of a birth connection?

Minor point to most folks, maybe, but "deal-breaker" for me.

1 star

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
he is the "problem solver"

the go to guy when something needs to be fixed

but he is unable to deal with his own issues?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Doesn't make sense

Tell your kids the divorce has nothing to do with them. Check.

Suggest son not to give up his relationship with mom. Check.

Threaten to never speak to son again if he doesn't speak to his mother and ignore her blatant slutty behavior? NNNNNNNGGGG. Try again. Not even remotely realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Fuck Hugh and his holier-than-thou attitude

That useless ass doesn't get to tell his ADULT son to play nice-nice with a useless, cheating bitch. Had I been Peter, I would have disowned BOTH my useless parents at that point.

The bitch dishonored her vows and her marriage. She cheated and lied. Of COURSE Peter didn't want her around his own children.

Useless pussies without honor.

Tim413413Tim413413almost 9 years ago
So well done!

Is the author setting us up for RAAC or him FINALLY moving on. How about with Gail?

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
I've been in his position with the kids

I wish I had taken his stance. Many years later it is still ugly.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
@TMSPTGR3

I'm with you!

NOBODY is that noble!

MAYBE he would try to encourage them to maintain a relationship with their mother, but if they refused he would accept it, and silently say, "YES!"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
That Commenter is a Moron

Lucky thing closet cucks can't have kids, hate to see the brood those morons would raise.

Heavy-handed maybe, but gramps was right to insist the fam stays in touch with grammy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
if I've lost my mother and father

it's because they are too stupid to have me.

few authors can write about non wimps.. so far this isn't those authors.

but 3 stars,,,,hoping the wimp will be able to unwimp

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 10 years ago
This Guy is a Moron

Now he deserves whatever he gets. You don't cut off your children because they are mad their mother is cheating and want nothing to do with her. Stop with the holier than thou attitude that what happened is between your mother and me and you don't need to know she was cheating for a year. Fascinating. Spineless when he should have a spine - prickly and sanctimonious when he shouldn't. Heading straight for the asshole hall of fame. 2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
This sentence pissed me off

"You just lost your father and mother. I think you're going to be lonely."

That's called emotional blackmail and shows just how much an asshole this guy is to the people he supposedly loves. His son is a grown man and if he doesn't wish to see his mother again then that's his choice. Hugh can disagree and try to change his son's mind but the decision is NOT his to make. The author needs to do more work on personalities because his son is a doctor and needs to have a strong will for a job like that and a strong willed individual will not put up with ultimatums like that. And that is from personal experience, I've not talked to my father in 15 years now. Yeah, it was a bad choice of words.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
writer as a man i try to understand,but you act like a retard

your wife drop hubby and kids for a another man.hubby take up for tramp and scumbag.are so female you can see the tree for the forrest.wake the fuck up and get real.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
son

Frankly, I applauded the son. To have his mother act the slut right in front of him and her asshole of a lover to show his complete lack of class by grabbing her tit, got the response it deserved. I believe, had it been my mother, I would have put the prick on his back. Dad if that's the way you want it . So be it. But I will not apologize and I will have no contact with her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Its amusing to read the comments, far more interesting than the story.

This guy feels far too sorry for himself. If there were a category for weepers then he would fit right in. I feel mean saying this but the story is boring and shit full of self pity.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
The son will only have one mpother -

While he was a bit harsh - why he did it is just right - she screwed him not the kids - she is and remains their only mother - there is no evidence that she does not love them or that she mistreated them in any way.

He wan\ts this children separate from his grief with her - I think it is right and necessary.

The story is moving well - but I fear it has bumps - more bumps - down the road, maybe when she wakes up??

potsherdpotsherdalmost 11 years ago
Sorry - can't agree

Can't agree that he was wrong to try to reconcile his son with his mother. Trying to limit the ripples of misery and repair some of the damage can't be anything but right.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

agree with catphan8

catphan8catphan8over 11 years ago

I'm sorry but you messed up by having him treat his son that way! I'm done with this story now! Highly disappointed

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

You ruined it by having him get mad at his son for protecting the family! This guy is a fucking retard and I'm done reading this bullshit! I can't believe you actually wrote it that way with the son! You just lost a reader and i liked your work too!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

he gave choice to his wife so why cant he give his son choice so he can do anything he want

firas01firas01over 11 years ago
not sure about that

when a woman and a mother cheats, she is cheating her whole family not only her husband, and the same goes to husbands as well, so being noble and forcing the son to accept her bad choice is kind of stupid if you allow me to say that.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
MORE GHOSTS, MORE EZ RIDERS

and none to talk with, TK U MLJ LV NV

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 12 years ago
WOW count2three

the slut cheats on him after 36 years of marriage, she leave, moves in with her lover and he's the asshole. Maybe you need to look in the mirror and see if you still have any balls left.

count2threecount2threeabout 12 years ago
What bothers me is that you kinda like the protagonist, simply because he is the protagonist.

Although the guy is a total asshole. Sorry but he had it coming a long time what happened to him.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 12 years ago
CHAPTER 5 & 6 are AWFUL -- truly vile !!!

Its Nothing but massive humilation upon humiliation upon Hugh the worlds biggest pussy. In chapter 4 and 6 his daughter asks him to try and contact wife/ mother.

WHY High agrees to this after 2 years of No contact the author doesnt explain. Hugh tries and tries and Tries and tries... Humilates himself time after time after time !!!

Hugh actually writes a nasty email to the wife's law firm thru the Public wife site... filled filled curse words screaming ranting and raving . Now keep in mind Hugh is SUPPOSE to be this distinguished banker..

Yet through it all... Hugh NEVER ever tells the daughter how awful Mary is treating him.

Even worse the daughter never asks...." say dady have you tried contacting Mom ? ..."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Waiting

Waiting for chapters 5&6, read it's on SOL already, what is SOL anyway so I can read it now, good story, just wish they would post faster,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

TSo the new guy just grabbed Mary's breast in front of her son and she did nothing. Really hope Mary finds out that the grass isn't greener on the other side because that's straight up wrong.

And poor Hugh. I so want a happy ending for him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I to am losing interest

The first part begged the question WHY and demanded that I keep reading to find out Mary’s reasons. The second part was a disappointment, I kept asking myself what’s this all about. The third part categorised as ”romance” on SOL convinced me that no reconciliation was possible and Hugh would now find a replacement for Mary “the romance”. Will keep reading to the end hoping I am wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

this story makes me yawn.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
He is giving up

I read the next chapters on SOL. Unfortunately the main character is giving up to find other mate, so either a RAAC or loneliness will be in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
STIR THE POT

Harry........I think somehow you're in here to just to get under peoples skin. Sort of like the person that stands too close at a cash register, or the idiot at an event who is sure THEY are the sole expert on the matter at hand. You show a little insight ...at times......, but what a dick.

Maybe that's your fun or the idea of what you do. Who knows. You are one of the all time volume commentors.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 12 years ago
Don't look for too happy an ending.

On SOL, the story is half done and is very well written. The characters are bigger than life, but it's still a very good read. Interestingly, the story is in the "Broken Hearts" universe in SOL and there are not many happy enedings in that world. Don't expect too much. What heals a broken heart? A new woman?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Oh man....

come on, get over it. Your wife's a whore and you're a total loser. Your son had it right, any mother that would let some asshole fondle her breast in front of him is not a mother that any respecting son should stay in contact with.

killerwhale681killerwhale681about 12 years ago
Just read Chapters 5 & 6

I've been a long time fan of DQS, and so I'll go for the ride. Hugh really isn't that nice of a Guy when U read 5 and 6. Kinda has a strange feel to the story, but time will tell.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
You know its bad

When the author has to keep coming on and defend his story.....

arincharinchabout 12 years ago
So Far

The hero is weak and pathetic. Will he somehow attain salvation, given he has a propensity to appear at least to his family as a martyr? Probably not as he has already sunk to lower levels in his relationships with the opposite sex. He is now an unrepentant user.

harbormaster1harbormaster1about 12 years ago
BRAVO

You and nakdsub make this site G R E A T....keep up the good work...Love First Coast Stories ...I retired here (NE FL) from Chi Town...a group of old fogeys read Lit every day and discuss the stories..keeps us young...beats talking about Nam....now that was 45+ years ago......where do the years go? Catching your work on the Pay Book site WWWM better then ever

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago

1. The husband is not wimp, only after 36 years marriage is difficult to manage a new life. To say his son to be connection with his mother is also not whimp thing. A parent MUST SAY TO HIS/HER CHILDREN NOT TO BE ANGRY WITH THE OTHER PARENT AGAINST HIS/HER PAIN. His son is not young he can decide on this situation alone (his daughter do it same) and he or she can apreciate their parents behavior.

2. Once more I hope this Author will not write any reconcilation. I like very much those stories where the betrayed husbands finds new life with new women...........

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1about 12 years agoAuthor
GHOSTS - It will be out in 2012!!

FD45---just joking. For the benefit of anybody I confused, Ghosts will be published in six parts or segments, each part consisting of two chapters. Part one had chapters 1 and 2, part two had chapters 3 and 4, part three will have chapters 5 and 6, etc. Chapter 12 will be the last chapter. Part 3 (chapters 5 & 6) has already been submitted to LIT and I expect Part 4 will be submitted by early next week. Which means, if my arithmetic is correct, Part 6 and THE END should post sometime around April 20 or a little after...about two more weeks. By the end of April at the latest. I am trying to key the posting of the sections on SOL to the same timetable to have them come out around the same time. Anyway, since this is a free shot to talk to readers, let me apologize again for the confusion around the opening of the story. And let me repeat that although I'm flattered by readers comparisons of Hugh Davidison to Bill Maitland and "Ghosts" to "WWWM", there's no way to compare the two. If you expect the second coming of WWWM, you're going to be disappointed. I really do think there is enough to "Ghosts" and to the story of Hugh and Mary, that most readers won't be disappointed at the end. Surprised, but not disappointed. You might not LIKE the ending, but I hope I'll have given you a good ride.

dqs

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Efforts

Ignore the idots who post comments that belittle your stories. You write what you see, it is to the reader to enjoy or move to a different one. I enjoy your writting and will continue to read until I no longer enjoy it. The readers should only post what they like and dislike and offer suggests for improvement, not belittle the writer for his efforts. I never normally read the postings but the stupidity and hate that some idots have placed on your's is not justified. Thank you for effort and time that you spend in order that others may have enjoyment.

FD45FD45about 12 years ago
Why should that be, Stang?

The only bad thing that happens to ex wives in DQS stories is a sense of regret for a lost love...usually while they are banging someone else with a bigger cock. All the while, they spend a good deal of time rubbing their husbands (or in this case, son's) nose in their blatant infidelity.

Realistic? Maybe. Satisfying? Eh. A tale well told is it's own reward.

Just a heads up, DQS. My daughter is graduating Middle School at the beginning of June. Will I or won't I be finished with the story by then? Just so I can put it in my dayplanner.

StangStar06StangStar06about 12 years ago
We're getting deeper into the story now

And it's still great. In this chapter we found out more about him. I think that he's still in shock over what happened to him and we're going to see him snap back to normal and be far more decisive. I'm also expecting to see the wife get what's coming to her. Great job so far. As has been said before. It's his story let him write it.

cr6373gpcr6373gpabout 12 years ago
He's Back

WTG DQS.Another great story.hope we don't have to wait long for chapters to arrive.Love it so far.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous