GianCarlo Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That's not an excuse to be Ms. Stop-Picking-On-Me all the time," Denise was telling her sister.

While Dee said to her mom, "Ma, He's not going to think we were raised in a brothel He'll think that Denise has low morale character."

"No one in my house have low moral character," Ms. Camden said at the same time Denise told Dee, "Now who's insulting."

"Alright, Alright" The officer said seeming to have had enough, "That's all we'll need. We'll let you know if we find anything.

"Thanks," Dee said gratefully

"Thanks," Denise said muttering 'for nothing' under her breath

"Thanks," Ms. Camden said sincerely

***

"How am I supposed to tell her?" Gian asked Stefan. They stood close to the entry of Delia's hospital room they could hear Delia saying her goodbyes to her family and Gian's heart beat faster with nervousness. He wished he didn't have to do this.

"I'm not sure about the how. Try telling her the truth, if that doesn't work lie your ass off."

"Should I tell her about the vampire stuff, or even mention my father wanted her dead?"

"I-I can't answer that for you, just make it as painless as possible for her." Stefan said sympathizing with Gian.

That was when Ms. Camden and Denise shuffled out and Stefan's gaze locked onto hers. Everything in him had already claimed Denise as his. She gave him the soft mischievous smile that all the Camden women have somehow mastered.

"I cannot thank you enough, Gian," Ms. Camden was saying as she pulled Gian into an embrace Gian gave her a sad smile.

"You stop by sometime and I'll make you dinner as a thanks." She said. The thought of it made Gian's heart swell with sadness. If things were different he wouldn't have hesitated. He would have loved to see Delia's chagrined expression as Ms. Camden and Denise spilled about Delia's country music phase or something equally as embarrassing. But he never will. Everything with Delia, what was and what could have been ended tonight. His heart was breaking.

"Ask me my name," Denise whispered conspiratorially to Stefan.

"I already know it," Stefan said with a mischievous smile of his own.

"Well then...ask me for my number." She whispered back, her eyes dancing down his body. She was flirting.

"I know that, too" The way her gaze devoured him made him want to blush and he was a grown ass man.

"Should I be scared?" She asked smiling a bit wider.

"Only if you don't know me, and you will." Stefan said flirting with her easily, "I'm Stefano Romano." He held out his hand for her.

Denise, more intrigued by him than she has been with any guy, put her hand in his. He didn't so much shake it rather running his thumb over her knuckles and gave her a look that made her melt.

"It was nice meeting you, Denise." He said.

"But¬-," She started but was stopped when her mother said, "Let's go Denise, we still have to stop by Auntie Sandy house to let her know Dee is alright."

Gian and Stefan watched them both walk away. Denise threw glances over her shoulder at Stefan making him smile.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." Gian said,

"She's your mate, isn't she."

"Why do you say that?" Stefan asked trying not to make Gian feel shitty.

Gian rolled his eyes, "and wipe the stupid grin off your face." He threw over his shoulder as he walked into the room.

***

"Dun-Dun-Da-Dun, It's Captain Save the Day," Delia teased when Gian walked in. She wanted to cheer him up; somehow he was taking it harder than she was. "My mom swears you're like Clark Kent or something."

Gian came and sat down on the bed near her, barely smiling at her ribbing. Something was wrong. She saw Gian's (brother?) take a position in the corner of the room and Knew that something had to be really wrong. Stefan just stood there not making eye contact with either of them. She could feel it, the mood in the room had shifted and she wasn't sure if she could handle what would come next.

"Gian what's wrong?" She asked switching her attention to Gian. He said nothing for a while. She reached for his hand, holding it in hers. Gian closed his eyes as if he was reveling in her touch.

"Okay, you can't be taking this accident that hard, I'm the one in the bed." She said chuckling slightly.

"Delia I..." He started then stopped to open his eyes to look at her. He really did have beautiful eyes, maybe his gaze was a little too piercing but that was her Gian and she loved it.

He shifted where he sat and started again, "Remember when you asked me about my father?"

"Yeah," She answered not sure where he was going with this.

"My father, he's a...he's just a dick, an evil, vindictive prick. He also happens to be one of the most powerful men on the east coast and a good portion of Europe. He has constantly and will continue to somehow have control of my life," Gian's gaze trailed away from her as if he was looking beyond her as he spoke more and more quickly. "He somehow shits on everything and I don't think I'll ever get away. It might be imp-"

Delia squeezed his hand gently, "Calm down, it's alright." She comforted.

He refocused on her, sadness apparent on his face. "That's just it, it won't be alright,"

"What are you trying to say?" A cold stone of fear dropped in her stomach

"My father did this to you, those black cars were his lackeys," He spoke slowly as to let the information sink in.

"You're father tried to kill me?" She asked not sure if she believed him. She knew he was telling the truth but she couldn't wrap her mind around it. Gian doesn't joke like this. There was actually someone who wanted her dead for whatever reason. It felt terrifyingly surreal. Her world seemed to shift on its axis. "But he doesn't even know me? What did I do?" Delia hadn't realized that she was tearing up until Gian wiped an escaped tear.

"He did it because, you were with me. He doesn't approve of you as my m-friend. For the most part I didn't give a shit and he tried to make you pay."

"Will I be alright? Should I tell Officer Delgato?" Delia's heart sped up in her chest as she imagined what this could mean for her. Will he try again? Will she have to go into hiding? Will she never see her family again? Will he eventually kill her? One minute she was in the safe cocoon of her family and the next her life was held precariously by some powerful Italian man she hadn't even met.

"The police can't do anything," Gian said hating the fear he saw in her eyes, "Don't be scared, as long as I live and breathe he will never hurt you."

"But..."

"I made a deal with him; As long as I stay away from you he won't harm you."

"Stay away from me forever?" Delia asked. Somehow that sounded worse. Will she never get to see him again? She'd only known Gian for a couple months but life without him seemed unfathomable, but life with him was dangerous. Delia couldn't catch her breath.

"But-but what if I met him, I could convince him that I'm alright. I'm a good person. I can convince him that black girls aren't what he thinks, or-or I can convince him that just because I'm not super rich I can still be..." Delia said trying to think of any reason his father wouldn't approve of her. "I can do something." She said finally. Delia was crying and she wasn't sure when she had started.

"As good as it sounds nothing will persuade him." Gian said bringing her hand up to his lips to kiss them somehow calming the storm brewing inside her leaving nothing but heavy sadness.

"You can't! You can't leave; if you do he will always control you." She said frantically then continued softly, "You can't let him do that."

"I can't risk your life, that's something I won't do." Gian replied his voice not as stable as before.

"Please don't leave me," Delia said barely over a whisper as tears ran down her face.

Gian let out a shaky breath, the sound of his resolve breaking. He reached down and wiped away her tears. Delia grabbed his wrist and pulled him into an embrace. His warmth and scent permeated through her body as he wrapped his arms tightly around her. He was hurting her but she didn't care. This could very well be the last time she saw Gian, the last time she'd hug him, feel him, and touched him.

She sobbed into his shoulder. She sobbed until she was exhausted, until the weight of all that happened in the last 42 hours crashed down on her. Yet she didn't let go, not yet. She fell asleep tangled in Gian's arms and in the morning he was gone. Gian was gone from her life for good.

12