Gillian Newark's School Tales Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SylviaG
SylviaG
1,394 Followers

"I'll see you at school," I said.

"You're not cross are you Miss?" he said, like he was almost too afraid to ask.

I cleared my throat, "No just forget everything that would be best, wouldn't it?"

I waited at the front door. I wasn't going to leave until he answered me.

"Yes that would be best Miss," he mumbled in agreement.

I nodded with my back to him, an assertive nod.

I walked slowly up the road gradually getting quicker, as if I was shaking off all my previous thoughts of Pete. I made up my mind that when Pete got back to school he would just be a face in the crowd. It had to be that way for all concerned.

I wouldn't wear contact lenses, my favourite perfume, and have my hair done, like I did before I went to Sunday lunch. Not until I found a man that I could walk down the street with, knowing people wouldn't look twice and wonder why I was dating a schoolboy.

That night I took at last look at my neck, yet again, just where Pete had kissed me, and the tears started to flow.

I watched the pupils file in for my next class. There he was at the back with a walking stick. I had rehearsed this scene for the last two weeks. I would give him the faintest of smiles. A welcome back to school smile, just so he knew that things between us were how they should be. He looked up at me and I smiled. Too big a smile! 'Damn it Gillian not like that you idiot' I told myself.

"Hi Miss," he mumbled as he went past me.

"How are you Peter?"

"Fine Miss," he mumbled.

That was it! Just those two words, and then he shuffled to his seat on his walking stick.

The lesson went well but I was daydreaming again. I couldn't look at him in case he could read my thoughts. Again I had to tell myself to just get on with my job. But was he looking at me? Did he still remember the day he made a pass at his teacher?

This was the final lesson of the day. As soon as the bell went all the kids left. Because Pete had his stick it took him awhile to get to the door. It was just him and me now. I could feel myself swallowing hard and my throat felt very dry. We were alone again for the first time since that Sunday. I wanted to talk to him but I knew it was wrong. His blonde hair was now at the door. I wanted to call him back. I didn't.

My next class with him was two days later. It was the first session after lunch. Again he was the last to leave.

"Here Miss this is for you," he mumbled.

I looked at the apple he placed on the desk. I couldn't look him in the eye. Was this it was he starting again?

"I've got to Miss, it's a dare. If I don't give you the apple I'll lose and have to do something worse."

I looked up at him. I felt angry with him.

"Have you told anyone?" I asked in hushed tones.

"No Miss I wouldn't do that."

"I know about your stupid dare games with Jim and Steven," I spat.

"Six of us play it now Miss 2 of the girls as well."

"I'm not being a part of it do you hear me?" I growled.

"Sorry Miss," he said sounding shocked.

I had upset him now and I didn't want that. The Ice Queen was in full stride, and in control. But I withered slightly.

"Anyway that is a cooking apple, which came off the tree that overhangs the school. One apple won't make a pie you know?"

Now I looked at his face. He seemed a little more relaxed. I was telling him off but perhaps because of the way my voice quaked he didn't see it that way.

"Are you daring me to nick some more Miss, enough to make a pie?"

"God no, I'm just stating a fact," I said, as my voice became even more flustered.

The strange feeling was back in my stomach again. Why couldn't I just keep quiet?

"Miss if you dare me to nick more apples then I get to dare you something too."

I put my hands under the desk, so he couldn't see me fumbling with my fingers. I should have told him to go. But I couldn't just brush him aside like that.

"Is that how your game works?" I asked softly, almost ashamed too.

"You have to dare me Miss, twice. I can refuse the first time and you don't win, but if I ask you to confirm the dare I have to do it. If I don't do it then I lose a life, but if I do I can dare you to do something."

I was trembling why I didn't have a clue. But he was just waiting there for whatever words came out next. I couldn't look at him again.

"Go and nick enough apples for a, a pie."

"Can you confirm the dare Miss? I have asked you, to show you I'm willing to do it."

I wanted to but I shouldn't. This was stupid I'm sure it would mean a lot more than nicking apples. I could barely breath something inside of me was asking what the hell I was doing. I didn't want to listen to that voice.

"Go and get more apples. I dare you?"

He walked towards the door. I still couldn't look at him, I just sat trembling.

"This game is just between you and me Miss."

As soon as he left I wanted to call him back. I wanted to tell him I was joking; I wanted to tell him I didn't want to play. But deep down I really did want to play.

My next class seemed a little amused with my stuttering, and uncertain behaviour.

SylviaG
SylviaG
1,394 Followers
12