All Comments on 'Ginny and Katy Pt. 09'

by VirginiaMarieAndrews

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
And another thing...

....(won't he ever shut up?) that I like are the realistic details of your writing, VMA. I think it is important in the BDSM genre to emphasis 'sober' consensus.

In my opinion defining SSC as 'Safe, Sane, Consensual' is a misnomer. (I do not mean misconception.) Alcohol, usually combined with other drugs, is used all to often to self-medicate psychological illnesses.

Many years ago and in another location, my wife and I explored the local scene and players about our interest in B&D.

We discovered that at best we had only a mild interest and only with playing with one another, once in a while. Switching back & forth as the mood moved us.

Several years after my wife passed away, I groped around for something that could re-motivate my sex drive. When I checked out the BDSM scene in my present location. What I found really killed all desire for me to adopt the lifestyle.

Here the dominants & masters were drunken abusers and the supposed submissives and slaves were prostitutes enduring abuse to pay for their drug addiction.

So I just get by reading the varieties of pornography about fictional depictions of BDSM. Good writing, interesting and emotionally mature characters. Humor and good sense all are what I seek in my choice of erotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Of all the unrealistic things

I've been able to indulge most of the unrealistic parts of the story. But she's a senior engineer at age 19? That one completely took me out of the story because it's so outside the realm of possible.

VirginiaMarieAndrewsVirginiaMarieAndrewsover 8 years agoAuthor
Nineteen years old

I assume you're talking about Betty. It's interesting that you're only the second or third person who's commented on this. The others said it was "surprising," or words to that effect.

But, for anyone interested, this is indeed an error. The story has had a number of rewrites and revisions. The girls had originally been written as in their 20's with Virginia in her early 40's. Later, during a rewrite, I decided I wanted to make them all younger, but most especially get Virginia into her early 30's and Katy into her teens. I adjusted dates of birth and so on, but just missed their jobs. That Katy is an IT manager at 19 is a similar error, but perhaps somewhat less noticeable. That she's so sexually experienced should be surprising too but I've had only ONE comment on that.

But back to our friend Annon. It appears what you're saying that your ability to suspend disbelief, which had managed to absorb whatever other problems you had, was finally overwhelmed by this one line to the point that it demolished your enjoyment of a story as a whole.

This was brought to my attention months ago. I've since asked people about it. Most people apparently didn't notice it. Others ignored it or figuratively said "Hmmm" or "wow, bright girl" and moved on.

But since you were so throughly enjoying the nine chapters before this and, I guess, would enjoy the ten that follow IF you could only deal with the nineteen year old senior mechanical design engineer, lets' see if we can help you out. Try this - assume she a genius, graduated high school early, and went through college, in, say, three years, all the while interning at the firm she now works for. They didn't want to loose her so hired her as a senior engineer upon graduation. Perhaps she's not yet fully qualified for the position, but she's very smart and soon will be.

You may now continue to enjoy the adventures of Ginny, Virginia, Katy and Betty. :)

LBLR15LBLR15over 8 years ago
To those concerned about age

I though VMA's explanation was nice. I initially thought the same thing but it such a small point I didn't worry about it. I thought perhaps she was in a dot com business or an app designer. My cousin used pollen to track migration of butterflies as a high school science project so yes women can be bright too. 😀 Hopefully we all know that!

LissakaufLissakaufabout 8 years ago
I did notice

I did notice the ages, mostly because I have a cousin who is a mechanical engineer and a husband who works as a IT/web developer/etc etc etc... I kind of went with 'hey maybe they graduated early'. If that helps. I also wanted to comment on your ability to get in the headspace of an abused character... It's impressive and subtle..

Cindy1001Cindy1001almost 6 years ago
Love - consent

I love this series! It's so yummy and playful. And then comes such an elaborate lesson on the meaning of consent, wonderful, thank you!

AviciaAviciaalmost 2 years ago

On the age thing, Ruth Lawrence was only 13 when she graduated from Oxford with a bachelors degree, she got a first (vaguely equivalent to summa cum laude). 19 I have zero issue with. Your Anon must never have been around the truly bright.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous