All Comments on 'Ginny meets Santa'

by VirginiaMarieAndrews

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
VirginiaMarieAndrewsVirginiaMarieAndrewsover 9 years agoAuthor
Slated for deletion

Folks, I wrote this up yesterday, 11/27, and submitted it before retiring for the evening. In the light of day I've decided that I don't much like it and have asked to have it deleted. Sorry to have wasted your time with it.

VMA

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

It might not be up to par with your other Ginny and Katy stories, but it's a fun light-hearted deviation that could serve as the opening to another little 2-3 parter. I wouldn't be too critical of yourself. I, at least, will be quite happy with all the Ginny/Katy I can get.

VirginiaMarieAndrewsVirginiaMarieAndrewsover 9 years agoAuthor
Kind words

Thanks for the kind words. But I'm feeling pretty adamant about killing it. There's the quality issue, of course. When I decided to whip off a "quick" story, I broke a number of my own writing rules, and it shows. And I want the human-pet-and-santa story to be cleanly separated from Ginny and Katy.

Today I woke up and realized that the story will work better with a kitten than a puppy and with that kitten a few years younger than the mistress rather than twelve years older. A few other thought came to mind too.

That new story is about half written. Because of the way the rules work, I can't put it into the contest. But maybe I'll put it up anyway, as a regular story, to see what people think about it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good story

Don't delete it! I liked it. I is funny in spots and sexy as hell in others. And very entertaining. Thank you, Jenny and Merry Christmas.

VirginiaMarieAndrewsVirginiaMarieAndrewsover 9 years agoAuthor
Leaving it

"My pubic..."

OK. I've retracted my request to have this removed. Hopefully Laurel will see that before she kills it.

I suppose I can file this under "Stick to your methods" or "don't be so quick" or something along those lines.

Now I wonder what to do with the other story? I can't submit them both to the contest.

VMA

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
Yes Nirginia, there is a 'Samity Clause"

Please VMA, please, please, please! Learn to enjoy your mistakes, errors and accidental word slips.

Malapropisms and punnies are funnies to enjoy.

This was amusing and touching, a sentimental story of human nature.

VirginiaMarieAndrewsVirginiaMarieAndrewsover 9 years agoAuthor
Mistakes

I've never enjoyed getting things wrong, Or even not-quite-right. But I do, sometimes, see the amusement in mistakes and just about always appreciate what they can teach me.

I rushed "Ginny meets Santa," and am thus not satisfied with it. However, others seem to be happy and with readers requesting I not to delete it, and especially being so nice about it, I'm moved to comply.

VirginiaMarieAndrewsVirginiaMarieAndrewsover 9 years agoAuthor
"My public..."

Ha!

I just now realized what typo you were talking about!

I have this problem proofreading. If I read something too soon after I write it I can't see the mistakes because I know what I *meant* to type. So, I did not see I'd typed "pubic" when I meant "public." Nor did I see it when I re-read it after your comment.

SimonTheCatSimonTheCatover 7 years ago
Awwwww <3

Don't believe much else needs to be said. This was adorable. ^^

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Love it

Do we get one for this Christmas?Sure hope so.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous