Going for a Sail

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sure enough, a half hour later we were reaching powerfully across the even rollers. At about eight knots we'd be home for tea. Well, in Lymington at any rate. Whilst the autopilot steered and you kept watch I rustled up bacon and eggs knowing that a full stomach was the best way to ward off seasickness, counter-intuitive though that might be.

The ships weren't playing quite so fair on this return trip across the lanes. At one stage it seemed like crawling across a four lane motorway on our hands and knees while the juggernauts ran down toward us on cruise control. I did my best to hide my anxiety. If I wasn't successful you made a good show of pretending you hadn't noticed. I needed your help keeping track of them all using a hand bearing compass. I was glad I'd taught you how to use it before.

"Those three are yours," I said pointing over our starboard bow at a bunch of ships barely showing on the horizon, "they'll be on us in about 15 minutes. If the bearing on any of them isn't changing tell me."

Busy keeping my own watch on another, closer group I felt you tugging at my arm. "Zach, the middle one has been on 34 degrees for at least five minutes now."

"Ok. We'll run down between this one, after it's crossed our bow, and that one and turn across its stern."

Another 30 minutes later and we had the sea to ourselves. "Well, that was a bit more exciting than I wanted."

You straddled my lap as I sat at the tiller, put your hands on each side of my face and kissed me deeply. "I love you." I think my beaming smile was sufficient response.

The rest of the crossing was uneventful. England appeared and we surged up the Needles channel, surfing on the waves and tide, the Shingles bank roaring with boiling tumult to port. Lymington was enjoying a warm summer's afternoon as we tied up in the marina. I knew you were anxious to get home, relieve your parents and see the kids. So after stowing the sails and off-loading the perishables we set off.

Windows open, music on the stereo, big V6 rumbling we drove up through the New Forest and flew along the south coast to Kent. Wind in our hair, smiles on our faces, love and joy in our hearts.

I faded into the background at your parents' and then whilst ferrying you and the children home. I knew that it was you they wanted and needed. They were interested in where we had been and I laid out one of the charts to show them. I had a feeling that the idea of exploring islands across the sea was a powerful one.

As bedtime approached, late as it was, I spoke to you quietly in the kitchen, "I should go gorgeous."

"Please stay."

We looked into each other's eyes and I took your hands in mine. "Ok."

Then you disappeared upstairs and into the bedtime rituals. I simply stood, in contemplative quiet. My phone pinged and I instinctively looked at the screen. "Come up to bed hun," it read.

"Hey gorgeous. On my way."

I tapped on the door and slipped through into your room. You sat against the head of the bed, dreamily gorgeous with you arms stretched toward me.

As we lay in each other's arms a while later, you whispered, "Thank you for a wonderful adventure."

"You're welcome gorgeous. The pleasure wasn't all yours."

"Are you sure?"

"Quite sure."

"I still love you more."

"Mmmm."