All Comments on 'Granny's Little Girl'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 75 Comments
thebulletthebulletabout 20 years ago
An wonderful romance, sad and hopeful

I'm a sucker for a good romance, but this is more than that. This almost doesn't belong on an erotic site. It's just good fiction. I also like a story that knows its subject and tells me something I didn't already know. Ronde always puts out good work, but this goes to the top of the list.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
The Hits Jus' Keep A'Comin...

Dear Ronde - - -

Once again you have started my week with a most exquisite piece of storytelling.

If you ever come to the Northwest, I'd be pleased to meet you and take you out for a steak.

Thanks for being one of the best authors on Literotica, and I have to agree with another comment, which is that your work should be in more places than Literotica.

Take care, and Thank You.

Boswell

mudpupmudpupabout 20 years ago
Excellent story

Excellent story, very much a step above the normal. I hope this story finds the wide audience it deserves.

I almost didn't look at it, because of the title, being on literoica you never know ;-) But no other title would do this fine work justice.

thank you for sharing

jaycee1000jaycee1000about 20 years ago
A wonderful romantic story

A very well crafted and emotional story, so much more than the erotic stories on this site. Loved it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Wonderful Story

This story was so sweet, innocent...the way times used to be. Each had saved themselves for marriage...just a wonderful concept in todays world! The simplicty was wonderful...The good Lord was first, then the family...the way it should be...keep up the good work!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Loved this story

Thanks for your stories...they are wonderful to read.

Keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Amazing Story

Supurb story.....having visited the Great Smokey Mountains nurmerous times your words created a vivid picture in my mind of the many memories I have of the area. The characters were very real and the story line touching. Refreshing change from the usual stories in Literotica. Amazing Grace just happens to be one of the most moving songs I know. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Splendid

A lovely, touching story. I enjoyed it a great deal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Thank you for this blessing of a story

You have wrote a story that is honest and telling about people that have great a love and peace. This is one of the best stories I have read in many years. I was reduced to tears by the memories that it recalled for me. I come from simple roots and many times feel lost in the todays unfeeling material world. Thank you from the bottum of my heart for this story. Please keep more like this coming!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Beauty

What a beautiful, beautiful story. Written with such grace and style, kept me on the soft edge waiting to see what comes next.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
WoW!!!

It's so rare to find such a well written story on here..can't wait to read more from you :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
More High Quality Writing

Morfe of Ronde's best. However, what's in a name? I almost didn't read it because of the title. At first glance I thought it was grandparent/grandchild incest. I took a chance when I saw "Romance" and knew I was good to go when I saw "ronde"

ruely1ruely1about 20 years ago
Amazing Grace

Beautiful Story. WOW! So well written and thoughtful.

You are a very good writer. Thank you. I am glad I

got to read it. In my opinion it is good enough to

publish. Thank you again.

-Jim

will.ohwill.ohabout 20 years ago
Ronde's usual excellence.

Thanks for a believable story with normal moral people. Excellent wotk.

jon.hayworthjon.hayworthabout 20 years ago
A Ballad of Love

A very polished romance. From the very first paragraph I was "grabbed" by it - I could not stop reading.

A veritable song of love.

Thank you Ronde!

Jon

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Finally!

Its so wonderful to read a story with a moral backing. I was engulfed from the moment I began to read. I will also be partial to the story due to the fact I live in the Mountains of Tennessee. Its almost like I knew these people and am one of them. Please continue with your writting for it would be a loss to readers if you stop. You have true talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
From A Granny's girl

As a granny's girl myself....Yes a grandmother infuences and revels in their grandchildrens success....May this story find every little girl for whom Grandma was their inspiration.

rgraham666rgraham666over 19 years ago
The quality…

of your work is constant source of joy and envy.

Very sweet story with lovely characterizations and settings.

Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
why is this story here?

an inspirational sort that needs a hardbound cover, not into such literotic site. Ronde's best collection of selection-->>try this for a book cover. Best quality.:)

I love your classical way.

LolitasLegacyLolitasLegacyabout 17 years ago
I liked it but...

You seem to have put so much time and effort into finding out about Christy, her family and how she came to be. And then, it feels like someone else started writing or you got bored because it became this weird step-by-step process. 1)Terry finds Christy, 2) Out of no where Terry says I love you, 3) Suddenly Christy says it back 4) They get married, 5) They have sex. Ta-da! I just thought it seemed so rushed. You could have drawn out the romance between Terry and Christy and the story would have been delicious. However, I still liked it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Just lovely

A sweet gentle story reminding me of times long ago, when life seemed simpler.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Observations on your story.

I know this site is known for its sexual content, but this story is so well written and its characters so engaging that it stands on its own merit. I sincerely hope you write some actuall novels. You have a serious gift and need to let the rest of the world get to know it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Deja Vu

I know these people. I grew up in a rural Alabama farming community with a large component of church and music and then on to a career as a professional musician. I could actually picture people from my past as I read this beautiful story. Several times my reading was interrupted by tears as something in the story resonated in my memories. Well done!

nitenursenitenurseover 12 years ago
great writing

I absoloutly loved this one. As I said before u really are versatile.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I hope you have stock in

Kimberly-Clark because the use of Kleenex while reading this story has to be off the charts. Thank you...marvelous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
BEautiful Story

a very touching and realistic story. made me tear up !!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great, Great, Great

Your wonderful ability to create such a wonderful Love story has been shown so many times in your other Great stories. You are the only Author that I will read ALL of your stories. I am a 70 yr old man and you brought a tear to my eye, Thank You.

HansTrimbleHansTrimblealmost 11 years ago
The simple stories are the best

What a sweet, wonderful story! Sometimes we get so wrapped up in complicated plots and action that we can lose sight of what an amazing thing love can be, and if you've got love, hardly anything else matters very much. Thank you for the gift of this tale, so haunting in its sweet simplicity, and so delicately told.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
that is just a brilliant simple story of family love

it was so tender and the love was just amazing.....so tender and just shows how family is all important when it projects so much love......a beautiful tender story.....loved it

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
amazing

In a way, it could be your best. It isn't very erotic, so it seems a little out of place on literotica, but I'm glad it is. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I'd leave a more detailed comment...

if I could see through the tears.

Read it before and I'll read it again and again.

Thank you.

C

Pokey42Pokey42over 9 years ago
The Best

i absolutely love your work but this stands heads and shoulders above everything else you've written. The poignancy and the purity of her love and the reverence of she and Terry had for their family and faith brought tears to my eyes, I applaud you. Thank you

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleover 9 years ago
Even better the second time around

The first time, I read this at a normal pace. This time, knowing how special it is, I made sure I didn't have to hurry, and I took my time and enjoyed the little touches you put into it here and there. Terry's interest in the way the little cabin had been built and his appreciation of the grandfather's craftsmanship, which foreshadowed his appreciation of the wonderful granddaughter who descended from him. James Wilson telling Christy to sing out because her momma's listening. And that amazing passage, "...the tentative kiss of a man afraid to do more, but unable to do less."

Thank you for posting this little jewel of a story, and leaving it here for ten years so I could enjoy it.

lilchocobabylilchocobabyabout 9 years ago
Beautiful

Very beautiful, brought tears to my eyes…everything this girl ever wanted but never had. Thank you for briefly fulfilling a grown little girls dreams.

computermadcomputermadover 8 years ago
Precious

A truly precious love story. You have such a gentle touch with your characters and their emotions. It makes me wish I could live where they came from.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
At this rate

I'll probably end up reading all of your stories... Scotty

HansTrimbleHansTrimblealmost 8 years ago
Always great!

The sweet simplicity of this story keeps drawing me back. I first read it three years ago, and I go back to it when I want, or need, to be reminded that life doesn’t need to be exciting or dangerous to be meaningful.

At every reading I seem to focus on a different scene. This time, it was the night she first sang with James Wilson and the quartet that got me choked me up.

This is truly a masterpiece, and again I thank you for it.

david2908david2908about 7 years ago
Amazing!

Just Amazing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fantastic

Absolutely loved this

OverJackOverJackover 6 years ago
Well Done

The story takes on the liquid pace that allows the reader to absorb the characters and the story. It reassert's the love of family and how music is intertwined in our lives. You captured it well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
One of the best

Great story, keep writing stories in this fashion

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
hokum

it may be pure American hokum but I loved it and cried, along with many I suspect

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sweet

Saccharine sweet but who cares. Really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
time gone by

true old fashioned values much missed today a real family

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Too rushed

Once Granny died the story was too rushed. Their relationship should have been described in more detail.

xtchrxtchrover 3 years ago
Thank You!

Thank You for a real Love Story. I'm actually a 'city boy' but I just loved your descriptions of the Mountain Cabin and the small community. Again Thank you for such an entertaining and loving story...about people with morals and values.

Crissy4uCrissy4uover 2 years ago

Love is the most powerful thing

Cracker270Cracker270about 2 years ago

Damn dust, can’t see the keyboard

GrandEagle53GrandEagle53about 2 years ago

Another 5 star performance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This story was written twenty years ago and tells a beautiful story that could only have happened fifty years ago. Thank you for the trip back in time and a truly wonderful experience!

jlg07jlg07about 1 year ago

Beautiful story. Nicely done!

linnearlinnearabout 1 year ago

A very beautiful and moving story

goodshoes2goodshoes2about 1 year ago

Perfect. Thank you.

KinPAKinPAabout 1 year ago

Hallmark needs to option this.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Great story. Second or third time reading and it was just as good as the first.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Ronde - fantastic - way better than 'good'. Your romantic skills just shined here.

-Dreaded Anonymous

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Beautiful!

OvercriticalOvercritical11 months ago

Good story although, as usual, this author feels obligated to include a final scene of gratuitous sex. What else do people do on their wedding night? I have read enough of this author's stories so I knew it was coming and there it was. One time perhaps he/she will slip into the epilog directly and tidy up the long term details without the huffing and puffing. 4*

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc9 months ago

Had tears running down my cheeks in a couple parts. Great story from beginning to end! 5.0*

texlootexloo7 months ago

This is a sweet, heartfelt treat.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

What more can be said? It is about as perfect a romance as possible.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

What a superbly crafted story. Brought more than one tear to my eyes.

linnearlinnear6 months ago

I still believe this is one of your best, it led me to your story page and I have been enjoying your writing ever since.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy5 months ago

Heart warming story!

5

wwaldripwwaldrip5 months ago

A very heart warming story of how important family is and can be. As long as greed and jealousy doesn’t get in the way and creates an internal family feud.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Wonderful story.......loved it!

Thank you for sharing it with us.

FandeborisFandeboris5 months ago

Pass the box of tissues, think I'm going to need more than one.

Heartwarming, well written, and lovely ending.

Beautiful!

MaultascheMaultasche2 months ago

A wonderful story, thank you very much!

Peapod41Peapod41about 2 months ago

This really is your metier! Telling plainsong stories about downcountry folk.

I loved the simplicity of it. You captured the ethos of a community with which

I have no experience. However, through your writing skills you brought it

vividly alive. And I was there. The humility which brought your main characters

to abdure the standard "fame-'n'-fortune conclusion was wholly believable.

A small literal on page 2 - '"adz" instead of "adze" was forgiveable and I still

gave you five stars, because four stars were somhow inadequate.

Richard1940Richard1940about 2 months ago

Thank you, Ronde, another great story. 5 * again.

Well done Peapod41, only one error this time. I assume you meant "abjure" for "abdure"!

ca_daveca_dave24 days ago

Wonderful. Well done thank you for sharing.5*

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Just fantastic so moving thankyou love all your stories

AnonymousAnonymous8 days ago

Our second or third read. A beautiful and enduring romantic love story for the ages. We share some misty moments as two hearts and souls become one forever and ever To The Moon And Back - in a small cabin float to heaven on top of the mountain.

Thank you for sharing your heartfelt words with us.

S❤️JW

DadieODadieO6 days ago

Dang u write some good stuff. Thanks

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
2373 Followers
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

SIMILAR Stories