All Comments on 'Halfway House'

by dondi147

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

your poor punctuation skills makes it to hard to read. Find yourself an editor

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Grammar.

Decent story but the bad grammar killed it for me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Poorly done

This story was so badly done that it was almost impossible to read, clearly a very rough draft submitted too soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

I good story tide a in the hands of a writer familiar with high school English. Sadly this was a train wreck. I am surprised it got posted.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
To most of the previous ...

... "Anonymous" critics - ever heard the saying "If you live in a Glass Hoouse then don't throw stones"?

If you are going to criticise someone else's writing then make sure you get your own correct!!

The story may leave a great deal to be desired but some of the criticisms were just as bad!!

SomethingInTheWaySheMovesSomethingInTheWaySheMovesabout 11 years ago
A rose is a rose, and excrement is excrement. You don't need a user name to tell the difference.

I don't post anonymously, so maybe this will get the point across better than those who do: This story was written really, REALLY badly. A glaring absence of punctuation of any sort. And when the author does include the occasional comma or period, it seems their placement was chosen at random! Run-on sentences. Inane, repetitive sentences. Misspelled words. It read as if it was written by a committee, using a cell-phone.

True, some of the comments were just as badly composed, but I suspect at least one or two may have been written poorly to be sarcastic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
OK

I agree the grammar and spelling were awful (e.g Carol used her "tong" on him. I hope that did not hurt, too much). But why was there no discussion of the preggers and STD's? I know it is a fantasy, but your readers need to connect a little with your characters.

mrchameleonmrchameleonabout 11 years ago
Speaking honestly

The grammatical errors in this story made it very hard to read. Not well written at all.

OzRobert02OzRobert02about 11 years ago
Why grammar matters

This is a good idea for a story, but the grammar is atrocious to the point that it is almost unreadable. An occasional slip-up in punctuation or mistyping can be overlooked,but not this level of lack of skill in the mechanics of writing.

The plotting is poor. The incidents are disjointed. Why no descriptions of the girls and the locale? How do the girls know you've been having sex?

So much wrong with this story.

Please find an editor for your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
See above

I gave up halfway through. You had a good idea and spent the time and effort getting it down on the puter. That's the first step.

Spellcheck is not enough. See if you can talk one of the more experienced writers here to edit this story, discuss the changes with you so it stays your story, and re-post it. It'll improve your storytelling AND give me a chance to finish the story.

Good luck.

Female_83Female_83about 10 years ago
Decent but in need of editing

This could have been a good story but the terrible grammar killed it by making it unreadable.

amak4uamak4u7 months ago

Awesome. It's a dream scenario

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous