All Comments on 'Hanukkah Miracle'

by al_Ussa

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
one question...

was she middle aged?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
To the point with no frills

You certainly write in a terse fashion, completing a story in one page. I liked the story because it encapsulated a relationship and moved the action forward with no missteps or extraneous verbiage. Simple, clean and to the point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
hair detail

Good story, but I wondered how it got from her hair "not cut short stylish" to "her short, jet black hair"?

Minor inconsistencies like that detract somewhat from an otherwise well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Religious?

This is the first story I have read on this site with a very specific ethnic point..no where else was it ever said to Christian, Muslim, Atheist, Taoist, Hindi, Budhist ,or any other specific group. Why was it important that these people be any religion?

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 13 years ago
The story seemed to be a little rushed

Other than that, it was good. It just needed some more detail in what was going on.

Thanks for the read

HeyAllHeyAllover 13 years ago
Sexy Story

I have no idea about any of the religious points you mentioned, but I found the holiday authenticity to it made the story more erotic. It was a nice set up.

The story is too short though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Too prosaic

Someone here said that story was written with no frills and in a straightforward way. well that is actually the problem with the story. This meant to be erotic writing - not a business report. The story is devoid of feeling or passion or lust. The characters and events are not at all believable.

Boxlicker101Boxlicker101over 13 years ago
Too Abrupt

This was alright, but I think it needed more build up. Somehow, I can't imagine a young man coming on to his mother like that, with no preliminary overtures, and her reacting as she did. More likely, she would have swatted him in the face and told him to go to Temple and pray for forgiveness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Beautiful

The only thing I would change, and not just in this story but in many, is the description of Mother as looking like a woman half her age. That isn't very good, now is it? If he wanted to make love to his mother, would it matter? Should it matter? They're about to break the biggest social taboo this side of murder and you need to describe a 40yr old woman as looking like a woman in her 20's? No, I think a 40yr old mother SHOULD look a 40yr old mother. She's earned the right to! And if he loves and wants her still, then the story is just that much better. I like that they've moved on together, and the mother expresses no hatred for the man. She has changed the chapters of her life. This is very good. Sometimes people within families do turn to each other for loving if they are in a cultural or religious isoltion. Or any percieved isolation for that matter. Its safer, in a way. Famiy knows their own culture. Family will try to see that you don't get your heart broken, and usually in a relationship within a family both parties already know that they're doing something that can't go on forever anyway. Yes, I like this. I am Christian in a very large Islamic neighborhood. I don't feel persecuted, but very alone. This is a route I could easily go.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Mazel Tov!

Loved it!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous