All Comments on 'Happy Anniversary - Amy's Story'

by Sid0604

Sort by:
  • 244 Comments
Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 12 years ago
her dying for what she did is one thing

But why kill himself, she cheated...it happens BTB and move on but to kill himself and leave his kids is something else. The would have probley ended up hating her anyway. but why kill off the husband. 3 stars

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
The only good Amy was a DEAD Amy

The Dogg is right. Why did James kill himself? Why did Amy think see was not sick when it was obvious she was in a total breakdown. Very sad heart-wrenching story. Remember this. no matter what:

DON"T CHEAT ON YOUR SPOUSE

CONSEQUENCES ABOUND

Do they ever.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Betrayed is right. I should

never of fucked his slut wife.

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
Unfortunately the low serotonin level in the brain may be a killer illnes...........suicide

I wrote to one of likegoodwine's stories comment part: One thing to get ride of a cheating wife, but after the divorce a the exhusband can help the children. He could become the liberal parent for the second weekends and the summer holidays moreover he can be an extra help for emergency against the strick parent, who is together with the children. This can work in a divorce.

However some people got such brain from the genetic background, their brains switch low serotin level from traumatic events in younger ages, and the deep depession may be a killer illnes. Unfortunaly before the first DEEP depression we do not know whose brain works according to such method. The 90% of the suicide couse the deep depression. The modern antidepressant medicins treat well this killer illness, but the family doctors or the simple people do not recognize the deep depression well in younger ages.

karan9876karan9876almost 12 years ago
being a wimp

Why did he kill himself? Heights of being a loser. Arguably one of the saddest stories out here but it seriously sucks as he killed himself instead of killing her. 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
totally

inane, you must be pretty sick to write this crap.

OscaritoOscaritoalmost 12 years ago
Thank God I wasn't depressed when I read this...

But I certanly am now. Before turning the first page I knew the end, but I keep reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Wow That was Depressing

Isn't this supposed to be an erotic website. Well written story but damn that was about as depressing as it gets

DrPlutonDrPlutonalmost 12 years ago
Dark and depressing.

I am kind of disturbed now. This was well-written and quite dark. I don't usually like stories where "everybody dies," but this was not bad.

Growing up, I didn't understand depression and how it could ruin people and relationships, but having read more and more depictions (real and fictional) of depression, I understand it more.

Keep writing, Sid.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 12 years ago
an excellent view

of the pain of adultry and it's cost in human life. how a slut is really thought of by the other cheater. she denied him for 6 years - she may have been a nut job but she did dney him and he stayed for the children - "for better or worse" and it cant get much worse. very good story - the ultimate burn the bitch down - made her kill herself. 5 and i dont remember the last time i gave a cuck story a 5.

mike2710mike2710almost 12 years ago
Thanks

If people thought of the consequences of cheating they would all be faithful.

Thank you for your story.

Mike from Texas

Sidney43Sidney43almost 12 years ago

Yes, it was depressing, but definitely belonged in the Loving Wives category. Somewhat unrealistic as to the degree of isolation she would have experienced after his suicide, because there are always friends or neighbors who will stay in contact, even if they disapprove. Also the parents would not likely have frozen her out and taken the children, as the younger children particularly would not react that way to a Mother, no matter what she did with Michael.

Still, pretty well written and different than the usual cheating wife story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Complete shit.

I don't even know where to start. No missing persons report filed? A long asses letter that everyone was able to read before the wife? A totally clueless wife who appears to be borderline retarded? Her husband sends the four kids in while she's fucking and her lover just keeps pounding away? What the fuck? The kids to live with the grandparents....because they are mad? They're children, they don't get to pick who they live with.

I could go on, but this story was written by someone with no sense of reality or ability.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I disagree with sydney

Why do you think that friends would stay in contact with a cheating whore of a wife? People DO HAVE morals, you know. Not everyone is so damned forgiving. And as far as the children living with the grandparents... imagine what hell they could put the mother through and what could SHE do? send them to their rooms? hardly. A few words to a teacher and it's out of there, that's for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Horns on in heaven. Garbage...

ValerionValerionalmost 12 years ago
Perfect

That is exactly how is should have ended. I was pissed when I read the James killed himself; I mean, why would he knowingly abandon his kids? But I was pleased that she took her own life as well. It had a very nice symmetry. Good job.

bruce22bruce22almost 12 years ago
Her death was demanded by his.

But in Reality it is rare. On the other hand with her six year depression suicidal tendencies would be there since he showed the way. Too many repetitions of the same ideas in the story. It could have been much tighter.

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
The GOOD revenge stories are good medicines against falling into deep depression..........

I do not think whimp those buddies who got suicide. The deep depression is an illness, which is couse of the majority of the suicide. It may be assisting to learn conflict managment to decrease such circumtensis, which lead to get suicide, but where? In the High School? The father role may be a strong medicin against such circumtensis, the responsibility can help avoiding this scenario, but the exwives should understand the exhusband is important in their common children's life. Stang Star06's stories are strong medicin for the male readers against getting suicide from cheating wives, fortunately we are male readers here the majority. I think the most REVENGE STORIES are good medicins against getting suicide from cheating wives!!!

PultoyPultoyalmost 12 years ago
Horrible theme, well done story

It is a very tough, emotional story. The disintegration of all their lives is really hard to read. It is realistic and many of your audience knows people in various places along the path that you have chosen to write about.

You, as an author did a fine job of explaining the decline, the emotion of the various players. I credit you for your thorough, heart wrenching abiltiy with the pen.

5 stars because of the author's great effort, not because I liked the story.

-Pultoy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
waste

Please stop writing

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 12 years ago
Therapy! Bum-Out Tale

I sincerely hope you are with a skilled therapist. I am concerned that anyone can think this way, including the perseverance. Please show this story to the therapist, sanitizing the sex scenes if you think it appropriate.

There are NO heroes in this story.

Hubby should have given Sweety a season, maybe, to resolve fear after the twins. After that, it is time for professional help ... perhaps starting with FamPrac Doc, but NOT ending there if the response is as weak as reported. When Hubby finally DOES consult a professional about Sweety's multi-year depression, he allows a 'wait and see' diagnosis? Hubby knows ONLY that the Bull likes to fuck Sweety! SO, he's willing to let Bull take over his Sweety and their four young children??? NOT Heroic!

Sweety is clearly not a 'nice guy', but she can't follow an inadequate medical solution for the time period indicated, when she is AWARE that it might be accurate and adequate (at least facilitative?)

Sweety's folks were NOT included in Hubby's concern with her depression? Even if not, are they SO wrapped up in their own perspective they cannot see her anguish and then deterioration? They can only see that her house needs cleaning and restocking? They make NO effort to effect SOME reconnection between Slut-Mother and kids?

This was painful to read, and not JUST because of the characters and their situations!

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 12 years ago
jeesus christos... I guess it's back to Mcleans for a couple years...

....to try to forget this downer. Decent writing but ridiculous way to arrive at total destruction. The warm fuzzy of mom and dad visiting the tots at the end looked like whipped cream on a turd after the previous missive. Think I'll go clean the Ruger.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 12 years ago
i just have to comment again

what a cold bitch to fuck some other dude on her anniversary. at least he pretended to be so sick he did not fuck her cream pie or eat it. still gave it a 5 and i hate cuck stories. and she still turned him down back home - what a cunt. glad she offed herself.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 12 years ago
Horrible story

Amy is a brain dead slut. Yes, she is probably suffering from some kind of depression. For 6 years?? She doesn't take the medication prescribed and gets no additional help. Note that her mother DID take her to the doctor. When people reject treatment, it's their OWN fault. If someone broke their leg, went to the doctor but refused to have a cast put on the leg, was suffering, in pain, and the leg wouldn't heal, would you feel sorry for them or think they were a moron?

As to James, he is a complete loser. First, he puts up with 6 years of a cold fish wife. Then he goes on a cruise when he KNOWS he will be deathly ill all the time. What wife would want to go on a cruise when she knows her husband will be so ill? And then party away the time, ignoring him? What husband would put up with her having a nonstop fuck party on the cruise.

What God awful father would throw his kids into the room with his whore wife and her lover? That was despicable.

As to the suicides, suicide is the ultimate selfish act. James is a selfish coward and so is Amy. All the words of suffering and blame are bullshit rationalizations. It doesn't justify suicide. They abandoned their children and an oh-so-cute visit by friendly ghosts doesn't make everything all better. Amy and James are weak, totally unlikeable people that do nothing to confront their problems and wallow in their misery. Then after allowing their troubles to build to a peak, they take the coward's way out.

This story is a really fucked up view of the world.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Coulda been a contenda

The pity of this story is that Sid appears to be a really talented writer. His copy is clean (i.e. very few typos or grammatical errors) and he knows how to move a story along from Point A to Point B. The problem here is that there is not one single character in this story that I have the slightest bit of sympathy for - and that includes the children. The wife is, as was so aptly put a few posts ago, a brain-dead slut, the husband is a cowardly wimp with a vindictive streak a mile wide, the parents are heartless curs and the kids are delusional. Hell, the only character with any decency at all is the guy the wife's cheating with. His motives are at least as honest as anyone's in this story. He's a swinger with an open marriage who's looking for easy pussy, nothing more, nothing less. I'll give Sid 3 stars for his technical ability in hopes that it will encourage him to write something a little more tolerable.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 12 years ago
Wow !!! This is a fucking sad story

Talk about being a bummer,

This story leaves you feeling like you have been bitched slapped by a beaver tail.

Not the kind of story you would want to read early in the morning, you'd be bummed out all day..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
what a total worthless piece of meat she was

why not just shove her off the cruise ship at night

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
SID0604 ..dude there are not enough words to describe how bad this is

were you like DRUNK or say On CRACK or Meth when you wrote this ??

wow...

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 12 years ago
god almighty.. SID this isnt your first story. You suck at this ...

Just stop... you are unable to see how bad this is.

James has NOT no physical contact of ANY kind since the twins were born... 6 years+ . So he catches his wife fucking another man every day on cruise ..several times a day ... to which JAMES says in the letter...

"Amy, I really hoped letting your affair happen would solve your problems and you would love me again.."

That sentiment ONLY makes sense if they had a relatively Normal marriage with Normal sexual contact.

a truly awful poorly written poorly developed story

chytownchytownalmost 12 years ago
Bad.*

Could not finish did not like at all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Sad story

Sid,

It was a very sad story. Clearly that was your intent and you succeeded. It was well written, and heart wrenching. Nicely done!

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
Children weapon

I had a teacher from the my high school, who started an affair with her student. Her husband got suicide. They had 1 son. This woman did not get suicide, but she lived together with her exstudent and brought up her son. The second suicid was an over the top, for me in this story. This woman was 0 responsibility for their children.

In FrancisMacomber's excellent Modern Figaro Type Revenge story "The Six O'clock News Slot", the wife threatened her husband he will see his daughter rarly after divorce. The cheating wives use this children weapon against their husband no to lose their meal tickets. In this story this was the last drop for the devastated husband, when this woman threatened him losing his children.

In a good revenge story this is a good psichical charge for the husband. If somebody falls in deep depression, this do not help, but there will be the last drop.

A poster wrote in his comment: He got the children custody in Missouri because his cheating wife was the next room to his playing children. In this story the husband could try this, because his children saw his wife with her lover, so he could get some chance to get the children custody from the court. So the exwife could see the children in every second weekends.........Unfortunately the deep depression is a killer illness.

BTW In FrancisMacomber's story the husband with his friend's help wan the children custody.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 12 years ago
Very dark

And does not seem credible. Can't fathom why James failed to seek love elsewhere. I guess he simply gave up. Very passive and cowardly that he put up with the cuckolding, put the kids in the room to observe Michael's "prowess," then offed himself. Obviously, James had severe depression and the doctor did not realize it. Just shows that with depression, people don't behave logically. Same for the wife. Now the kids are fucked up -- Laura's behavior, at age 14, illustrates how badly. The cheating ruined so many lives. Story was repetitive at times and certainly lacked eroticism. A few writing errors despite the editing. Three stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
this website

Should be called bollywood drama.com

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Great Drama

Surely one of the most emotional stories I have read so far. Absolutely great to read.

Sid0604: Keep on with it; stopping would be a terrible waste of talent.

5 Points!!

x_JohnDoe_xx_JohnDoe_xalmost 12 years ago

This was a well written sad story, thanks for writing and carry on writing your stories.

xtremeddxtremeddalmost 12 years ago
Lived daily around the world there is a James for..

Sid0604,

every Amy and an Amy for every James. In a small or equal part there are real people living daily with the same grief...

Plausible and very real story. Sad. But true.

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Sorry, but much as James is a victim here

He could have stopped it,but he stood back, felt sorry for himself, and did nothing.

He had every chance to do something about it.

But he chose not to, and took the easy way out.

Not that his "wife" was any prize either.

She started the tragedy, and he added to it.

I really eel sorry for kids these two losers had.

It'll be a miracle if they have any kind of normal relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
What a tramp !

There are many dumb cunts in this world and Amy is the epitome of such.

Pity the man married to an Amy. So most married men should be pitied.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Sounds like the cheating slutty whore got what she deserved

MadBrownMadBrownalmost 12 years ago
Well written very sad story

Thanks for sharing your story. It was very depressing but realistic in how thoughtless selfish behavior on the part of everyone, including James, can affect people's lives. I like happy endings but every now and then, one needs to be made to think. You did that very well. Deserved the 5 I gave it.

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
Generaly the children should have been the first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do this children deserve?????!!!!!!!! It may be the grandparents are healthy and not too old so they can take the burden of the children for a long time, but an illness................ I think the sex education should put in the earlier ages in the school and the children should train for the adult family conflict and conflict managment in the High School to avoid such devastated emotional gals which couse deep depression in fragile persons and to learn the technic to bring up children by divorced parents. Tuning the family law for assisting the oportunity of the second parents to get more responsibility for the children's life. I read some story, there are some states of the USA, in which the family law gives law for the older children to see their second parents in daylights, but they have to go back to the custody winner parents on evening (after14 years old) and after 16 years olds the children can decide on living at their selected parents. A CHEATING BITCH IS NOT ABLE TO THRETENING HER BETRAYED HUSBAND, HE WILL NOT OFTEN SEE HIS CHILDREN AFTER DIVORCE, as this story happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 12 years ago
already gave it a 5

but came back for a re-read. loved the way you wrote "but why didn't he stop me?" he should not have to stop her. sorry they got back together when they were dead. liked the guy blow her off - a very good read.

Danger09Danger09almost 12 years ago
WTF?!

What type of parents treat their kid this way? The slut was also grieving... The husband ( James ) is such a fucking WIMP! No bitch is worth killing yourself for... How selfish are these two idiots? The husband killed himself leaving his fucking kids fatherless... He sat there for 6 years with no sex from his slut wife.. He drags his kids to where the slut is being fucked & allow his own kids see their mom acting like a tramp... The slut wife is ridiculous! How can she claims it was just sex it meant nothing; yet even after being caught she still allowed (Michael ) to continue fucking her instead of kicking him in his dick to get him off... She wouldn't have sex with her wimp husband for fear of getting pregnant but she had no problem fucking another guy with no protection..... This story is stupid.... Why would the husband kill himself leaving his kids fatherless? That was very selfish & cowardly...

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
Murderer

@ Danger09 You would be right if James had been a normal brain. Unfortunately the deep depression is a killer illness. I know more men who were lost in this illness. The autotreating is able to prevent the deep depression, but the technic should learn for the depression suspected people. The modern antidepressants also good, but the positive effect will be after longer treatment. After humiliation the kind wife threatened her ill husband, who was in depression he will see his children rarly..........Murderer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
This only reinforced my believe that cretins should be shot.

Isn't it so, DW Duna?

This story is a very pathetic and inane attempt at writing. One of the worst. 1* !!

PhotoproffPhotoproffalmost 12 years ago
Absolutly beliveable.

I liked this story. It shows the frailty of us humans to our desires and minds. Depression is a terrible illness. It can be completely debilitating by causing delusions, terrible pain in many areas of the body, and loneliness. This story touches most of these. Totally believable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

if i was his brother i would have put a bullet in her head right then and there.

cheating bitch ruined numerous people lives cause she couldn't keep her legs closed

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
AFTER THE FACT BITTER REMORSE KICKS IN

too little too late until they meet again and love reblooms. TK U MLJ LV NV

rvwsrvwsalmost 12 years ago
Good story

I liked the fact that the husband was made an unwilling cuckold and took the only honourable way out of that shameful title. The cheating whore got what she deserved, however it all goes to shit when they make up in the afterworld. Good for the children I suppose. She was not a real loving wife, and got treated the way all slutwives should be treated.

5*

norcal62norcal62almost 12 years ago
So often LW stories misuse the word Love.

Having some emotional feelings for a person is not necessarily "love." With the cheating wife or cuckold story how often does a character declare their love for a spouse while acting completely the opposite? Only in a few LW stories is this adequately discussed in a rational way, separating words and actions.

This wasn't one of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wimpish

He should have killed Michael and the slut and thrown them overboard at the very least!

thebulletthebulletover 11 years ago
As usual, LW gang shows their undying compassion...

the comments on this story were almost as sick as the story. It was obvious the woman was manic/depressive. Her doctor diagnosed her illness, but too late to save the husband.

The compassionate response of the Lit readers to this woman's living hell is quite uplifting. The majority of them must be republicans.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Sad but true

Heartbreaking story, and well-written. Having suffered for many years from depression, I can tell you that the behavior of both James and (near the end) Amy is typical of depression. As for six years of denying, there are many people (at least moral people) who believe so strongly in the sanctity of marriage that they stay married to spouses who deny them sex far longer than that. The only thing I didn't like about the story was the rather sappy ending, which denies that people like her can't leave where they end up after death. (!) There are no weekend passes, and no time off for good behavior.

That said, this is a story for which there can be no satisfactory ending.

I find it hard to blame James; what was he supposed to do? Charge into the hotel room and shoot them both? (Then he goes to prison for life and what becomes of the children?) It's even hard to blame her parents. (Were they supposed to be proud of their little girl?) There's something in me that says Michael should have been castrated and have a penisectomy (if that's a word), but that would be to let him off too easy. (And if he was in an "open marriage," he should have told her that before they ever fucked.)

The wife was the one who "did" all this--to James, to her children, to her family. We don't know if she was clinically depressed before the adultery, but somehow it seems unlikely that she could/would conceal depression for that long. The conclusion is that she is the "most guilty" party; but what would be a satisfactory end for her?

Very thought-provoking. Some of the dumbass comments in this list are simply provoking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
If she would have just killed herself instead of cheating it would have been better

The kids lost a good parent and ended up stuck with a slut.

She should never have had children let alone got married. The fact he took his own life instead of just shooting them both i don't understand but to each their own. The fact a woman can say she loves her husband after she cheats is stupid no woman that cheats loves the one she is suppose to be with and none deserve forgiveness.

Glad to see she left the world. I feel all cheaters that are married man or woman that cheat on their spouses deserves the same.

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
exceptionally wimpish.

This takes being a wimp to a whole new level. He kills himself for her cheating when it should be the other way around. Sad to see such wimps.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
GET A LIFE

Come on now people.This only a story.Why so negative?Not real so who cares???

MrVdogMrVdogover 11 years ago
sometimes the pain is just too much

nothing wrong with suicide.

Suicide is man's way of telling God, "You can't fire me - I quit."

--Bill Maher

VickieTernVickieTernover 11 years ago
This is the first of your stories I've read

And though you stacked the cards (six years as a naive wife denying him sex? Get real!), the complexities, the human moil of guilt, are far more like the realities of infidelity than in almost any other story I've read. Depressing, this one, but it does deal with issues others ignore altogether. Good work!

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 11 years ago
She should have killed herself earlier...

Dying was too good for her.

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 11 years ago
A story worth remembering

The complexity of characters, the intensity of emotions that actually struck me as I read your story was overwhelming. It seldom happens that a story emotionalizes me as this one did. Surely one of the best I have read in al long time. Derserves 5 stars.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
the part of the story

that i dont like is she found happiness in death and that crap about the children happy their partents are together again. but what the hell.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
#2 IS IT POSSIBLE TO TRANSCEND SPACE AND TIME

Einstein thought so and 4 children have verified it. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
she deserved to die first so he could have lived

what a stupid worthless self centered spread legged whore.

feel sorry for her kids to have such a slut for a mother hopefully they change their names and get adopted by a real mom.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
A way to judge a story is to see how many drolling troll teenage boys hate it!

So this well-crafted story must be a real winner as all the virgin momma's boys who live in momma's basement really hated it so much!

Pathetic little creeps can't handle emotion...

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
pathetic cuckold bullshit

No real man would take a wife on a cruise and allow her to spend it with another man knowingly. He should've thrown his skank wife and her lover overboard. Other than that there was no story, no emotion, no love, no marriage. If there was mental illness involved, the wife should've been treated by a qualified medical health facility.

monkcalmmonkcalmabout 11 years ago
hahahhahah

Wow she destroys her husband helps get her kids abused and beaten,and it is like she needs to hurt them but she is the one truly suffering piety this woman the victim of the world hahahahahahaha great female character someone for girls to look up to.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
OUCH!

Sorry tale of a cheater paying the ultimate price. She ruined many lives other than her own.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

she, in effect, kills her husband but gets to spend eternity with him, what the hell did he do to earn such hell after death.

ACP45ACP45about 11 years ago
Why

Why should he have to keep her from having an affair? It isn't what we do when people are watching - it's what we do when we don't think anyone is watching that defines us.

Hubby was a loser too. He just rolled over and died instead of roll with the punch, dump her ass and move on. What kind of message is that to give to the kids? Life hand you a lemon so you just quit rather than man up and move on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good story with one major flaw

Overall it was a good story, the major flaw was the use of depression to explain her actions for over a 6 year period. In a word depression can't explain her actions particularly on the "adultery cruise". The implication made by the author is that she suffered from major depression (actually clinical depression) which could explain the 6 years leading up to the cruise although that would some kind of medical record to last that long. Her sudden adulterous activity with a stranger that compelled her to fuck him over day of the cruise would be in direct conflict of clinical depression. One of the hallmark symptoms of clinical depression is near total loss of libido, so now you can the problem. Also imagine a married couple living 6 years without sex and doing absolutely nothing about it.

Where the story is strong is the descriptions of emotions when the husband caught her in his own house and her very gradual realization of what she had almost totally by her own actions destroyed. Then her reaction to her husband's suicide and letter and most shocking for was the email from her "lover" that she had been completely played, not only did he not have feelings for but he though the sex no all that good.

In the course of a cruise that was to celebrate their anniversary she was completely naïve and taken by a sexual predator. Funny how her description of fucking her "lover" were not even close to what he thought. It seems that she suffered from quick breakdown of her value system and became a cheap, married slut.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Six years of a sexless marriage?!?

Your descriptions of her remorseful thoughts is quite effective and justifies her ultimate decision. How could James have lived and loved her for the past six years without getting her help for her lack of a sex drive and her emotional Isolation? Why didn't you just make her cruise infidelity a fling from a stale marriage and unsatisfactory sex life? James's suicide could still cause all the trauma you so carefully describe.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Pathetic story of a cheating slut.

Best ending would to have been having her awake in hell while she viewed her husband in heaven. Such a slut!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Mmmm

Poor ending she did not suffer enough for being a total whore! Even in death the poor hubby was made out to be a wimp taking her back!!

ramonbrookramonbrookalmost 11 years ago
I really don't understand all the haters

Who like to criticize stories they don't understand. This was a powerfully sad story of two people who suffered from depression. First Amy, and then her James. Neither one could pull the other out of the depths of this illness.

To me, if anyone is at fault it's the doctor who failed to diagnose that both of his patients were clinically depressed. Maybe with a little medication both James and Amy would still be Alive and their family intact.

Depression is another type of mental illness that people refuse to understand how it affects our lives and relationships!

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 10 years ago
Read it several times and still...

...I get emotional each time. This is one of the best I have ever read. It has it all and by reading I gave it my all. Great piece of prosa. 5*

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
Moving tragic story of mental illness and what it can do.

If you ever had depression you can relate better to this story. If not it is just a tale if a skank and woeful wimp. Depression is very serious and it consumes every aspect of your being. When you first encounter it you have no idea why things are as they are, they are just awful. When you are lucky enough to get diagnosed, you really don't believe it at least I didn't. Even with antidepressant medications life is never the same. You damage relationships in the course of the disease, some may forgive you most don't. It turns out, most people don't believe in mental illness. This author covered a very real description of what could be very real and conveyed this very clearly and easily. Thank you!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
what a load of shit

Mental illness was only an excuse. she wasn't depressed on the cruise. She just showed her true self. A heartless cheating Cunt who hated her husband. If she was depressed she would have been a slut for some other guy and consciously humiliate him for 10 fucking days and then she goes right back to hating him after the cruise. 6 years and no sex or love for her husband. That was because she was always fucking other guys. Bet the kids aren't even his. And he was a coward that was obvious. Pathetic story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Ceied Both Times

Sad doesn't cover it...just devastatingly tragic!

Thanks, very realistic.

FullCircle56FullCircle56over 10 years ago
Tragic Story

Cheaters never win. Too bad James was a wimp and took the easy way out first. He should have heaped a big load of shit on Michael first. Oh well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Sad

Depression is horrible. Suicide is tragic. Adulturey is for the weak who had no heart. This story, however, does nons of them justice. This is so badly written that I couldn't begin to feel bad for anyone in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Just way too long and rambling.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 10 years ago
Very dark tale with lots of flaws...

... which have been well identified by other commenters. I will give you that it was well written but the storyline was screwed up from the very beginning when James shoved his kids into the room with their mother and her lover. In my opinion, the story never really got back on track after that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Too many weaknesses in the characters and plot

Why did she refuse him for six years? That's impossible outside of some kind of industrial accident or paralysis. Even a really, really nice and devoted husband isn't going to put up with that. And this woman is evil, not misguided, not selfish; pure evil. Cheating every night on an anniversary cruise is only possible if she is some kind of heartless sociopath who hates her husband and has no respect for him, then add in that she suddenly has this sexual "awakening" after six years of refusing her husband, and that puts her in some kind of evil sociopath hall of fame. She'd have to be the coldest, most hateful bitch ever born. But during the rest of the story she is just a silly selfish fool who at least thinks she loves her husband and actually had the nerve to feel guilty about how she hurt him. She is like three different people in one.

It also made no sense for James to expose his children to what she was doing and scar them for life like that, there is no other indication he was that bad of a father.

It's a shame because the writing itself is fine, but the characters are just all over the place and not remotely believable.

rightbankrightbankabout 10 years ago
What a downer

about as dark as they get

If you aren't already depressed this will do it for you.

I now have to read something that will erase this morbidity and bring back a smile

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Stupid slut deserved to die but we hope she ended up in hell as opposed to meeting up with the wimp.

In respite, more sluts/cheating skanks should die this way but much quicker so the kids have a chance to heal and live normal lives. Actually, we wish those fucking retarded authors like Mattm, BnB and Polylvr would die this way. Sure would clean up the gene pool immensely.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Unusual but well done...

Thanks Sid. I'm still not sure what to make of your story but perhaps that is partly what makes a story good: it makes a reader ponder. I can't believe how dim-witted some of your critics are. This story is really creatively crafted and very well written. Fine job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
HELL NO

This bitch got off too easy. She deserved to suffer forever. Even in death, she should have been denied James. He was too good for her.

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 10 years ago
She finally made a correct decision.

Sorry she went so easily. Similar situations (true stories) are common, more than we know or want to think about. Often murder instead of suicide, husbands (or wives) are so depressed and/or enraged that they kill the offending spouse and then kill the children so they will not be exposed to the whispers of peers or strangers all their lives - "His mother was a tramp and his dad is in prison for killing her". These are sad situations, indeed. Her no sex for six years could have been explained away by her being depressed but not her affair, by her own admission she admitted that she did not figure that her husband would know. What a fool, what a slut! And she really hurt her children and parents, too. My compliments to the author although I did not enjoy the story. I hope to remember to skip it the next time I am reading "Revenge" stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
let us all hope.

Let us all hope that there is a special place in hell for bastards like Amy. A place where all hope is extinguished and there is nothing but an eternity of misery.

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
Post epilog epilog...

James' brother folds copies of Amy's last letter and the police report of her suicide into an envelope along with a note that says "It's done. Time to come home now." He seals the envelope, addresses it to a PO Box in Costa Rica, stamps it "Par Avion" and drops it into the international mail slot at his local post office. He walks out to the parking lot and gets into James' car, which has now passed to him, and as he starts it up makes a mental note to have it fully detailed so it'll be ready to return to its rightful owner...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
An extremely sad tale

Fiction I know, but this has to be one of the saddest stories on this site. A weak minded husband, a very stupid greedy wife & a sadistic sexual predator, mixed together & this is what you get. Whatever his faults he didn't deserve to be treated like that, however, how could he leave his children? Not something a normal father would be able to do but then he wasn't normal. 2 **

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
freakin excellent

a bit over detailed in the wrong places, but nicely thought out. All actions have consequences. one of the best ones here so far for me.

Tootight1Tootight1almost 10 years ago
nicely done

if you noticed, there aren't many stories where the wife actually loves the husband, so at least it was close. a hallmark moment. everything has a price.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
The pathetic bitch should wake in Hell.

Sad for James and the kids. Not sad for her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Nothing Works

There isn't anything about this story that works. I've never written such a negative review but why did you even post this story. It really is pure crap.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
ITS NEVER TOO LATE

who will ever believe it. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
1*

Fortunately this piece of shit doesn 't write more

EAPoeEAPoeover 9 years ago
She wasn't much of a wife...

...but he wasn't much of a husband. A real man doesn't run way from his problems and most certainly does not commit suicide.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
really

yes she hurt you, so what do you do? hurt your kids and family and friends even worse, some man he is

I dont care what happens, suicide is never the answer, now they have no parents, nice going idiots

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous