He Looked Like Me Ch.02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I loved her passionately, desperately, feeling her slipping away. Some sweet little orgasms, and one last heart-stopping one for me. We showered together, holding each other, slow dancing under the warm water. She dressed me afterward, making sure I wrote down my info, and walked me to the door naked. She kissed me on the doorstep. "Best night of my life, Jack. You'll still be my Jack, right?"

"Always, Dana."

"Thank you. You had fun?"

I pulled her close, kissing her hard. "I lost my heart last night."

She looked up at me, and I saw tears in her eyes. "I'm married. I love my husband, more than anything."

"I know. It was a beautiful fantasy."

"My fantasy. You understand..."

"Shh. Don't. Let me believe, Ok?"

She nodded, hugging me. "My Jack."

His Dana.

* * *

My birthday. Four months, three weeks, and a day since that night. I've seen them; we both live in the same community. A friendly 'hi' at a restaurant. A lingering look at the grocery store where we met. A wave across two pumps at the gas station.

That's all. No calls, no letters, no visits. Nada.

I wish to God I'd never met them. I'm ruined. Ruined for all other women. I've dated, had sex. Good sex even. It wasn't her.

Loneliest day of my life. I don't know what's wrong with me, that I don't have more friends, or someone that matters in my life. I'm sitting here alone, sipping a beer that's gone warm. Remembering someone else's birthday. Wondering what Gary's birthday surprise was.

I contemplated going out, hitting a bar. Maybe going to a strip club. I could have hired an escort, paid for the girlfriend experience. I thought about driving a mile away, knocking on a door, reminding them it was my birthday.

Thirty years old. The big 3-0. Good job, nice house, new car. And nobody to share it with.

He said I'd find my own version of her. I don't think so.

I'm not suicidal. Nor am I crazy. Just a little disappointed at the way life sometimes works out, disappointed and lonely. Pathetic, I know.

I pour out my Shiner in the sink. I'm not that far gone that I'll sit here in the dark, crying in my beer. So it's my fuckin' birthday. So what? Just another day on the calendar. I've survived 29 previous ones. Less than an hour and a half until this one's done.

Turning off the light in my kitchen, I hear the doorbell. My heart races. Maybe. Just maybe. I know how important birthdays are to the two of them. How sad she was to hear that our foreplay was better than any gift I'd ever received. I can almost smell her. Maybe. Maybe they remembered.

I open the door, stunned, to see her there. After all this time. I can tell she's nervous, her hands trembling. She pushes a card out to me before I can even say anything.

Happy Birthday Jack,

You gave me the greatest birthday present ever. Here's hoping I can return the favor.

Love Always, Dana

I look up at her, her shape fuzzy. I wipe my eyes, and see she's trembling, waiting. Here on my birthday. What kind of asshole would I be to leave her standing there?

"Come in, please. It's been a while. You're looking more beautiful than ever."

She smiles, and then she's in my arms. I can't help but hug her back. So familiar. As if we'd never been apart. The feel of her, the smell of her hair. I squeezed her tighter.

"Happy birthday, Jack. Sorry I'm a little late," she whispers.

"Better late than never, Linda. Much better."

==========================

Don't you just love special Birthdays? I hope you enjoyed this little tale, and I look forward to your comments. Thanks so much.