Heart of Gold Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jenn313
jenn313
66 Followers

To hell with it, I need to be near him, to talk to him, to see that beautiful smile of his. But how? I knew sitting inside my car wouldn't be the best in contemplating my choice. I got out of the car and resumed the rest of my day the same it always has. I know, really fun!

My last hour class was by far the most nerve-wrecking of them all. Audrey would be gone for the last ever practice for volleyball and plans to be gone all day long. Perfect! I was making all these plans and tactics to get Logan inside my car. The weather was on my side too, a violent snow storm began. Hopefully, that will be enough to persuade Logan that it's best for him to take a ride with me to his home, wherever that may be.

The bell finally rang. Alright Brendan Houghton, this is your time to seize the day. You can't back down, not now, this has to work. I gave Audrey her goodbye kiss and dashed off to my car. I am focused; I am not going to ruin this. I have to be near him. I want to give him the affection and need him so deserves.

Like clockwork, I see Logan come out of the school with emo freak. Once both reach the sidewalk, emo freak goes one way and my target goes the other way. Perfect! With all the traffic, I can't get to poor Logan as fast as I want.

Finally the traffic had died and I am able to catch up to Logan. This is it, the time of reckoning. He stops walking and turns his head. He locks eyes with me. Those eyes, beautiful green eyes, green eyes that were looking at me with dread and fear. Those eyes shouldn't be looking at me with fear they should be looking at me with joy.

I park my car next to him; he though, is still like a statue. I lower the passenger window only halfway. I give him a good look over and finally say with a strong but resistant voice. "Hey Logan, would you like a ride home?"

------

LOGAN

What are he and Steven up to?

That's the only thing going through my mind as I saw through dread and bittersweet delight. What the hell are they up to? Can't they see, wait, can't HE see that I'm going through enough shit already.

When he told me if I wanted a ride home, all I wanted to do was fall to my knees and cry. But I go with the opposite and ask him a redundant question. "Are you sure?" I'm surprised that I am able to say the whole question, instead of stuttering like I did at the soup kitchen.

"Yes, come on Logan, get in here and get warm." I didn't move, all I did was look straight at him, trying to find any slight look in him that would contradict his statement. I didn't find one at all. "Thanks...B...Brendan," are you serious, did I just stutter.

I cautiously open the door and place my bookbag very carefully and adamantly in the back seat. When I do sit down, I look at him once again to see if I find another contradiction again, I find none. "Can you type in your address in the GPS service please?"

I do so very slowly and cautiously, I don't want to damage anything that isn't mine. "Okay, just sit back and enjoy the ride." He turns on his iPod which is plugged into the stereo system. "I hope you don't mind if I play some music on our twenty minute ride to your house." I shake my head slightly, I don't mind, I would never mind anything he does.

I swear for the life of me why I was falling asleep. I didn't know if it was "I Will Not Bow" playing on the stereo or that I haven't had a ride to my house that didn't resort to walking or a bus since who knows when, but I was.

I was trying to look around, trying to find a camera or voice record, but to no avail. The only resolution I did find was slumber. I yawned and looked at Brendan with dreary eyes. Was he looking at me with affection? Who knows, sleep overtook my will to find out...

BRENDAN

That's it! I am falling in love with Logan Hoekstra. I think I fell in love the minute he yawned and looked at me with admiration. Then he fell asleep, his head draped on the car window. He looked so adorable that I didn't even wake him up. I turned down the music completely off, the only music in my ears were the soothing sounds of Logan's soft snoring.

His mouth was open, some saliva escaping his mouth and rolling down the side of his mouth, his pink tongue on top of his bottom teeth. I had to keep myself restrained; I didn't want to ambush this poor creature.

When I finally arrived at 2204 Wetmore St., I kinda wish I didn't. His house and all the other houses in the neighborhood for that matter, looks like the type of house that was built after World War II. The type of houses built for a starting family. It was one story and small. Unlike some houses that were actually neatly decorated and clean, his was unusual. It wasn't rundown but looked plain, there was nothing that brought it life, and it was just boring. Plus, my room is bigger than this house.

I tapped him on the shoulder that followed with a small grunt and his marvelous eyes waking. In two seconds his eyes went from joyful sleepiness to a wide eyed wonder. He shuddered and looked at me with a tinge of red embarrassed cheeks and misty eyes. "Thanks Brendan. I owe you." He went for the door but I grabbed him by the arm.

"Brendan, please let me go?" he said in a faltered voice. He looked like on the verge of tears. "Don't be scared of me Logan. I will not hurt you." My heart was breaking for this beautiful boy beside me. He wants to believe that, but with his school life, I wouldn't blame him. He probably thinks I will tell everyone where he lives. He thinks his one sanctuary from that hellhole called school will be destroyed thanks to me.

"I wish I could trust you Brendan, I really wish I did." He opened the door and tried to leave but he forgot that my arm was hooked on him. "Let me go Brendan, I swear to God I will stop staring at you, I will forget I ever wanted you. Please let me be." Hot tears fell down his beautiful eyes.

This is it it's now or never. I closed the distance between us, his body heat radiated to me and vice versa. I wiped his tears away and looked at him straight in the eye. "Logan, don't regret what I do next."

My lips touched his. A whimper came from his mouth. I held his head with my hands and kissed him some more. He finally gave him and began kissing me as well. I was in heaven. No scratch that, WE were in heaven.

jenn313
jenn313
66 Followers
12