All Comments on 'Hey Jude'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 142 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Be careful what you wish for-you might just get it

So true--this guy was lucky--he did not get it.

wheel_man9wheel_man9about 18 years ago
Nice...

This was a great story, thank you for all your work!!

wetapapwetapapabout 18 years ago
what a reversal,

he doesn’t deserve her. Hope she never has to find out what a selfish, self-centered louse she is actually married to. But then again, a lot of good women are married to us assholes. Guess it’s just the nature of things. Good story, no woodshed needed here. A fan always.

bigrig28bigrig28about 18 years ago
Very nicely done.

You missed one.

At my office the delivery person the staff swoons over is the DHL guy.

Other than that a very nice job. The joking was a nice touch. It plays nicely with the wife's naivete and ignorance of her new power.

Nice to see the husband wake up before he threw away a better woman than he deserved.

Nice to see you back.

Please send more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
the story is first rate

I voted a three, not because of the story itself but because of your "hero" being a bigger jerk than the "pussy hounds" themselves. Very selfish man, only wants a trophy wife to match his six-figure income.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Sometimes the greenest grass...

is in your own front yard!

Great story as usual. He came out of his doubts a better man and through his doubts the marriage became stronger.

Regards, DJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Nice

Nice. Very, very nice. I know him and i know her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
First class

First class story,HDK at his best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Another winner.

The way your mind works is dangerous.

But at least the guy realised what he was about to lose before he did. She really deserves better than him.

Nice one HDK. But this time I couldn't find another scenario. Well may-be she could have…

DC

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07about 18 years ago
Excellent

Great story, HDK, with an innovative and well developed storyline. I loved it. Keep 'em coming, pardner.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Very good story

The guy is an asshole but the story was fun. Thank you for writing it and posting it here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Good story, but only OK for HDK

The place they were going to arrive at--with her becoming desirable again--was obvious when she decided to get a job. The only question then was whether she was going to stray before he realized what he was losing when he decided to let her go. I expected more of a twist in an HDK story, but still enjoyed.

Blue88Blue88about 18 years ago
Terrific

Beautifully done with a very meaningful theme, and, as usual, extremely well written as we have come to expect from HDK. My thanks for sharing your talent, author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
The husband comes to realize...

what he should have realized from the very beginning. Soulmates are extremely hard to replace. Superb story!

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Very good

The wake up he had was great - a unique story. Thanks.

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
Wonderful twist of the grass is always greener

It was a great story and it's like real life in you never know what you have till it's gone.

Thank you

the Troubadorthe Troubadorabout 18 years ago
Wonderful change of pace!

Have to admit, though, I was kind of expecting your ending. The husband was a total jerk. Enough of us around to recognize a master in that category. I was glad he didn't burst in with camera firing!

My only problem was with the husband and the way you left him. Sure he finally recognized how foolish he was. And when he was envious of all the guys with the "new" wives you had him accepting that the replacement was actully better than the replaced. For me to begin liking this guy you would have had to worked harder "renovatiing" him.

Certainly a 5, and I so voted. Hope you won't find trouble with those looking for the hate filled jealousy that was NOT in this story.

Doug

curious2ccurious2cabout 18 years ago
Good...GREAT story.

Well written first of all...as is usual for you HDK.

I loved the twist...first the hubby wants to 'dump the cow' and then he finds out HE was the issue, not the wife...and that last little twist added more tension to the whole story.

Well worth the five...and far more. Well done.

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeabout 18 years ago
funny as a motherfucker HDK

I thought a lot about my wife when I read that first page. I haven't laughed so hard in front of a computer screen since I watched all the Cheney cartoons a couple of weeks ago after he shot the lawyer.

Thanks so much for this "husband awakening" tale.

FireFox59FireFox59about 18 years ago
Love It

HDK you had me going and then you threw in the twist. Well done as usual and so nice to have an actual loving wife story.

Ken NitsuaKen Nitsuaabout 18 years ago
Sly little variation on the Pygmalion theme

Very clever--He transforms his wife for all the wrong motives, only to fall in love with her all over again. Well-written and well-done. One of the more enjoyable reads I've had on Literotica. Best, Ken

apilgramapilgramabout 18 years ago
Another wonderful story...

The twist was a good one. I enjoy your writing.

JoesephusJoesephusabout 18 years ago
What fun....

It would have served him right to lose such a wonderful lady. He was a very lucky man and I'm glad he finally realized it. I do hope that when I reach that age that my middle aged crazies will turn out as well. At least I think that's what you intended. Otherwise I do have to wonder what she ever saw in him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
The ending was transparent from the beginning....

But it didn't spoil the story. It actually made it more fun. Otherwise the guy is just an unlikable asshole with no real reason to finish the story. Well done.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 18 years ago
Great one

Some wry humor there. Or dry? Good banter. Good thing he finally woke up to his real problem. All along you know he's wrong and keep wondering when he'll awaken and what it will take. Actually, I thought the way she looked and drew the men to her would have caused his epiphany then. That was all he wanted to start with, wasn't it?

Very good story with a great ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great Story

Very enjoyable! Certainly ranks as one of your best.

Boyd

H20waderH20waderabout 18 years ago
amazing

just amazing, when you know the ending and continue to read the entire story. i laughed and got a bit misty in the eyes. Maybe because i older and could understand the fears of age.

hellofa job.

i am the h20wader

fregenfregenabout 18 years ago
Outstanding

Lucky guy. Normally you don't miss what you've got until you actually have lost it. Great story.

sherlock40sherlock40about 18 years ago
Another great story!

I am so glad to see your name in the new stories section. I just knew it would be a great story. I am glad the husband remembered what he had before he made the biggest mistake of his life.

charleybearcharleybearabout 18 years ago
Fun Story

This is a lucky man. Lucky that he did indeed marry a loyal loving woman. Had he not, she probably would have cheated and that would have destroyed the marriage. He was a foolish man, but then most of us are. Many a day I have treated my wife poorly only to realize what a fool I have been. He is indeed lucky he regained his sense before he lost her.

Thanks always for your writing.

Charleybear

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 18 years ago
Great

Very good story... shows you never know what you have until you loose or think you lost it. Very well written aver good

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
fine work

With its twists and turns, this story may well be one of your best.

I loved the subtle comments ("her second pork chop" and "choke on her mashed potatoes"); priceless!

And then the happy-ever-after ending; I have to admit, I liked it. (And it's probably a little closer to real life than much of the fantasy in this category. But then, that's just fantasy.)

-- KVK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
give us more of i'm bored

the story wasn't finished.

capecodmercurycapecodmercuryabout 18 years ago
Great Change of Pace

I really liked this story. It was a refreshing change from the type of stories that predominate. This was a short sweet change of pace that was greatly appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Lucky

I love it. The husband is a lucky man. Many a times we have no idea what we are getting into until it is too late. Marrying a younger woman, just hink when you are 60 and she is 45 and still hot. Different values and different stamina. You are dead. For those who are thinking of marrying a younger one, this is a good story to read. Good story Harddaysknight.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
To mis-qoute Robert Burns:

The best laid schemes o' a totally narcissistic ass-hole gang aft a-gley. Well told HDK and Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Another occasion for a celebration!

Every time I notice a new “Beatles” title on the stories list I happily prepare myself for good times in reading another HDK gem. What’s not to like? The wit; the compact and effective plot; the smart dialogue? As others mentioned even as you guess the ending you enjoy the performance even more, because you don’t know exactly how the ending will turn out. Thanks for the pleasurable reading.

Just for the fun of it, I looked up the Beatles album: “Let It Be”, and found that the tracks: “Dig It” “I Me Mine” and “Get Back” could be good alternative names to the story….

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 18 years ago
Could not agree more!

with previous celebratory comment, espesially since it is my own mistaken anonnymous message.

rd23rd23about 18 years ago
Great

That was one of the best stories I have read. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Good Story, Wrong Category

A pretty good story that should be in the Romance category not Loving Wives. Nothing new here.

rpsuchrpsuchabout 18 years ago
Trying to figure out what I liked best

I knew there was something I could not put my finger on, so I waited until I could properly place the finger.

This is multiple stories depending on point of view. And when you look from the end backward to the beginning, yet another story.

From the husband's pov, it is a story filled with tension. After he's taken steps to implement his plan, and completely missed that he already has what he wanted because of those steps, we have the tension of whether what he's done will cause him to lose her.

Tell the story from the wife's pov and it's a story about the best husband a girl could possibly have. He goes out of his way to help pull her out of a deep funk, returns her to an active, vital life and shows how deeply he loves her. That's her story because she is not privy to his thoughts. But from his actions, that's what the story looks like.

Back to the husband's pov taking the story from the end back to the beginning. There was never a chance of success of his plan. All his maneuvering never had a possibility of the success he planned because she just wasn't the kind who would do that. You can take a horse to college, but he's never going to earn a degree. She wasn't going to cheat on him so all the worry and tension was only in his mind. It was appropriate compensation for his aberrant thinking, but putting her in a situation to make it easy to do what she would never do would not make her do it.

Or perhaps it can be seen as a midlife crisis story about him. Instead of buying a car, dressing like a 20-something and running around with young women, his midlife fantasy was different. For all the vehement denunciation, he was scheming and taking actions designed to accomplish the impossible. His ideation was typical midlife. He created a fairy tale fantasy that couldn't be accomplished because it was a fairy tale. He started out dissatisfied and ended up happy. She started out dissatisfied and ended up happy. Nothing actually happened in-between except wacky thoughts from him. He seems more like a subject of amusing pity, than a detestable character. I see him like Lucy, who goes through all kinds of wacky contortions to get Ricky to do something and everything goes wrong, but in the end, everything works out just right.

UncleKennyUncleKennyabout 18 years ago
Very good characters and motivations

but not enough sexual content

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
your best story EVER

Just fabulous

yes as some pointed out the hubby was kind of an asshole BUT he did suffer from his own delusions....

suddenly his fantasy became his nightmare and his fear and pain as he thought for a many minutes "oh my god what have I done...' should be more than sufficent to keep him on the level

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
WOW

just WOW.

this is talent. the repartee between husband and wife is something you expect from couples who have been w/ each other for a period of time.

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
Outstanding

Superbly told and I very much appreciated rpsuch's analysis. It's why the story works so well, because it operates on several levels. Thank you, HDK, for a story very well told.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Fair

Cant figure which is the more stupid of the two.

acs_1acs_1about 17 years ago
Very nice

Just 10 years ago I would have thought this was the dumbest story on this site... Now, I realise that the feelings this guy was experiencing are very possible. I think I've ended up just as lucky as the guy in this tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
good story

Good story. Though the asshole husband doesn't deserve to have a wife like her. I know I know It's only a fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
epiphany

it dawned on him, he was in a very good posiiton.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Great story

great write. amazing. hats off

bruce22bruce22about 15 years ago
Truly Loving Wife!

HDK can really work on our head and at the same time touch us

down deep. Thanks!

GreekforfunGreekforfunalmost 15 years ago
Just how you do it?

OK tell me how you do it. Every time you make me wonder what's in your mind until the end. Just another GREAT STORY!

BallsOfSteelBallsOfSteelover 14 years ago
bullshit artist

Gotta hand it to the husband for being such a smooth talker. Funny how midlife creeps up on people. Yeah, a younger woman's no solution to the inevitable...death. He was lucky to have married such a loving wife.

clark3001clark3001over 14 years ago
Oh Man !

This was bloody fantastic !

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Just fun to read!

I love lots of your stories, and they are endlessly clever, but this was probably just the most enjoyable conclusion. For all the convolution, it was fun to see a clean, happy ending. It read quickly, if that makes sense, but was fun.

deadonedeadoneover 13 years ago
Once again a fantastic journey

I started out hating the husband and then pitying him, finally proud of him.

The wife you just get more proud of the whole way though.

Love the the twists turns and real life feeling at the end.

HDK has to be one of the best writes I have read.

Carrots - YES,

Honey - OH YES

Doberman - um no

Goat - Hell No

VulcezVulcezover 13 years ago
Great great great

Funny, inventive yet a reminder of how we forget to see what we have in our hands while we're looking for the carrot (couldn't help myself). Love your work. *****

MarvinSMarvinSabout 13 years ago
Smiling!

I am smiling.

huedogghuedoggabout 13 years ago
About time a guy has a good wife

This was really a loving wife story. Thank you

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 13 years ago
Timing is everything -

I was enjoying the story and I though it was going to make my afternoon - then I got a call about my annual raise and a 14K bonus WOOHOO - I might love this story until the day I die ROFL

GualterioGualterioabout 13 years ago
You did take a sad story and make it better.

The sad part of course was the self-centered superior attitude of Jason. After keeping his wife home for all those years to keep her away from other men he was now tired of her and ready for something else. I loved the way you brought him around in the story. Judy was great throughout. (A llittle unusual for this category!)

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
1*

Just an old folks story--worthless.

KenjinnKenjinnover 12 years ago
im glad

that jason saw the error of his ways.

oh and Dwornock, you've always rated everything a 1 so it isn't a shock anymore. so quit trolling and kindly go kill yourself okay?

Thanks!

saratusaratuover 12 years ago

DWornock -10 and getting worse.

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 12 years ago
Nice twist

It's great to see when spouses realize what they have is SO much better than what is out there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Good but

pretty well uniquely amongst HDK stories there was no twist at the end. It went exactly where it was always going to go. Still a good read, and a very moral story.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
MISSED ME MESSED UP MY MIND

forget your troubles and woes and keep what you got. TK U MLJ LV NV

Danger09Danger09almost 12 years ago
Wow

The husband was an ass! What type of husband schemes to drive his wife to cheat on him? On purpose! I really didn't care for the horsesass husband, 25 years & he was ready to trade her in for a younger sluttier model, that's fuck'd up. I'm just glad he realized what he had before it was to late. God men can be real morons.. I liked it good story.. But if I was the wife & I found out what he was doing I'd grant him his first wish he'd be divorced & paying me alimony for the rest of his miserable life just so I can be even more of a bitch I'd never get remarried just to screw him, but I'd have a boyfriend.

Dubby49Dubby49over 11 years ago
Can't people

enjoy a little fantasy. I love HDK's humour.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Danger09 , you are a miserable bitch. I pity your husband. But then again you may have already lost him to a younger more caring and loving wife which is exactly why you are such a stuck up bitch. Good story hdk. Dont pay attention to miserable pessimistic retards.

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 11 years ago
ROTFLMAO!!

What's even funnier? The tags for tis story.

Thx!

firemanlitfiremanlitalmost 11 years ago
Made me laugh!

Danger09, this is a funny story! At least I thought so. It was also a nice change from the often depressing tales found here. HDK, you did good. Thank you

carvohicarvohialmost 11 years ago
Cool!

HDK knows how to tell a story!

Tootight1Tootight1almost 10 years ago
good story

the whole time he was calling someone else a snake, he never realized he was a bigger snake, then his big head kicked in over his little head. this happens so often in real life.

Gnome92Gnome92almost 10 years ago
So glad I read this

As toot stated think with the big head not the little one, seriously gave me an epiphany, thank the TARDIS my girlfriend can't read my thoughts

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
If ever there was a man

That didn't deserve his wife, this is that guy. If only she knew the truth, poor woman. Thanks for reminding us that there are more women out there like Judy, than cheating bitches.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Don't Be So Hard On Him!

Yes, he got his priorities seriously screwed up, but he realized his mistake before anything bad happened, and his machinations DID produce positive results, from their better health to her successful career.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Boy was HE lucky!

Here's a guy that can't add one plus one and he has a great wife that he almost manages to throw away. Good thing for him she is also a forgiving wife because his little "trap" was pretty transparent. He's lucky she didn't call him on it and throw his dumb ass out to the curb! Funny story.

amyyumamyyumover 9 years ago
Cute and entertaining

I loved it!5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I love the line where he realizes that

a younger woman wouldn't make him feel younger. A younger woman would just make him feel OLDER!

This story captures so much of the clever subtleties that make HDK a genious, a fan favorite, and one of the best writers here.

I must be on the 5th reread of his whole catalogue by now.....

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
almost too many jokes

ultimately, the biggest joke, was on him.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 9 years ago
Faultless

I can't imagine how this could be improved.

retmstrretmstrabout 9 years ago
****

What if, huh? Good story, HDK. Good writing as well. Reality sunk into Jason's brain just in time. Cheers!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago
Loved it

five stars. Absolutely brilliant. One of the most clever stories I have read. Thanks.

patilliepatilliealmost 9 years ago
That was really good

Have no idea how I missed it, I thought I had read most of your portfolio of stories, but I did and this was a joy. Nice pace, intelligent, and well done.

Kitist02Kitist02over 8 years ago
Hopefull

It is nice to read an introspective story where the arc begins with a protagonist being an idiot, makes inadvertent changes, then realizes that due to the changes he is becoming the person he thought he was in the first place. Great story, great writing.

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17about 8 years ago
This Was So Different From Most Of Your Stories

This seems like someone else wrote it. You proved your versatility with this. Just a touch of hilarity. Excellent reading pleasure.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still love it. Still five stars.

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonabout 8 years ago
I see right through you.

You wanted to write the only story on the site with the tags 'ups,' 'carrots,' and 'doberman.' Well done! :)

dissmissdissmissabout 8 years ago
quite romantic really

They were a perfect fit together so I'm glad he came to his senses, realising in good time that the grass may not be greener on the other side.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Had to give it a 5.

Very fun and entertaining!

nedslapnedslapover 7 years ago
Road to Damascus

Glad to see that a rather shallow self centered man had his epiphany before it was too late. Something similar happened to me several years ago although I didn't have nearly the plan he did, nor was it as smooth. Unfortunately I was as shallow as he was before my own road to Damascus time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very Good Story

A little silly here and there, but it all fit together and made for a really nice story.

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
Another Fine Misdirection

But as others have said, I'm glad the schmuck wised up to reality before it was too late!

5 stars, of course, for all the usual reasons. Great writing, well plotted and paced.

Thanks again!

Ocker51Ocker51about 7 years ago
The Price Of A Good Women

The Price Of A Good Women Is not measured in gold but the memories that you share together, when you find a good one, you hold on with both hands. I am happy this idiot finally realised what he had right there in front of him. 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 7 years ago
What a fantastic story!

Thank HDK. I love it when a plan comes together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
One problem

Sam is still in the picture and won't quit until he fucks her. Then what?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sounds like fun

I've got the whipped cream but does anyone know where I can hire a goat?

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingabout 5 years ago
Fun story

A silly man, a loving wife and most likely a close call...

Moralez18PTMoralez18PTalmost 5 years ago
Changing roles

It pisses me off that if the roles were reversed people would be screaming BTB, but since it's the other way around, they're excusing it as a "coming of age"

What happened to "once a cheater always a cheater" and "he didn't but he was going to" that you guys are always throwing around?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...