High School Again? Ugh! Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JoeDreamer
JoeDreamer
6,319 Followers

"John, I'm sorry..." she began, but I cut her off.

"Don't apologize," I interjected. "You're right. You do need time to get over what you've been through. I just want you to know you don't have to go through it by yourself."

"Thanks," she said, swallowing. "That helps."

"Besides, like your letter said, we need to be able to share everything with each other if we're really going to be together. Frankly, I'm no more ready to share my secret with you than you are to share yours with me, but prom is eight or nine months away. I will be."

"Me too," Tara smiled again. I took one look and stepped back. Her smile definitely did things to me. She saw my reaction and actually laughed.

"I'd better leave," I said. "Otherwise I won't be able to stop myself from kissing you again."

"Yes, you'd better," Tara said, but her eyes said something else entirely. I shook my head and backed away. At that moment I was almost sure that if I kissed her again she'd share her secret with me, ready or not. I wanted to hear it and let her know that it didn't matter, but if I did I'd have to share mine with her. I couldn't do that. At least not until whatever was going on with the gods ran its course. Besides, I knew she wasn't really ready to tell me. Last night had been far more traumatic to her than she was willing to admit.. Tara had a lot to work through before she was ready for a relationship.

"I'll see you at prom," I said.

"You'll see me at school tomorrow," she smiled. "I mean, it's just not a big enough school that we can avoid each other forever."

"At least we don't have any classes together."

"There is that," she said, laughing at me with her eyes.

"This is going to be tough," I sighed. "You'd better appreciate it!"

She laughed and I smiled. I liked when I made her laugh. I was certain about almost nothing in my life with the exception of Tara. Thankfully, she was enough. I turned and went back to my cab.

"Girlfriend?" the cabby asked as we pulled away from the curb.

"Future wife," I said confidently. It was true too, unless the Fates' plans got in the way, which reminded me. I looked out the cab's window and up at the sky. 'We need to talk. I'm ready and willing to do whatever's necessary to get you all out of my life.'

I could have sworn I saw three old women momentarily looking down at me from the clouds and smiling in satisfaction. A wind came and the clouds shifted, but I got the message. So be it. I was a man in a mission and that mission was Tara. 'Bring it on!'

JoeDreamer
JoeDreamer
6,319 Followers