Holly Daise and 12 Dates of Holiday

Story Info
Holly is an a secretary whose boss sends her holiday dating.
2.1k words
3.74
5.6k
2
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

On the first date:

Holly Daise was always a determined hard-working woman who rarely found the time to date. She was the secretary for a top CEO, so work was her life. Her life was not dull but her boss this year realized she needed personal time off. Since, Holly rarely took time for herself her boss realized this year Holly was getting the full-on vacation, all-expense paid, rest and holiday cheer package...whether she wanted it or not. Mr. Rainer wasn't the type of man to accept less than the best. Now, Holly had been a supervisor's wet dream. Always on time, stylishly dressed, a real go-getter, but sometimes she needed a little incentive to be the best. Since, she had been under-performing lately, this was Mr. Rainer's opportunity to not only give Holly a much needed break, but he had a very eligible single bachelor friend who was looking at a looming holiday season by himself. Mr. Rainer dislikes unhappy friends as much as he dislikes unhappy and unproductive workers. If there is anything he can do to remedy both in one fell-swoop...he will make a bee-line for quick resolution rather than letting something fester. Determination worked for him, and it will work for his friend Barry Bell and his beautiful and smart secretary Holly Daise.

"Ms. Daise, please come into my office."

Uh-oh...what did I screw up Holly pondered. The last sorting and memos were as right as usual ...she double checked them. Well, let's go face the music then, no sense delaying it.

She wanted to hang her head in shame, but Mr. Rainer worked hard to instill confidence...Holly would not want to devalue Mr. Rainer's faith in her by shaming herself. Mr. Rainer really disliked self-pity, but most especially if someone were capable of more, he had met workers that he knew could only do so much, but Holly showed real growth and potential. He wasn't suppose to play favorites, but he only needed one secretary. He had countless lawyers, clerks, accountants...but only one secretary. It was an important job, but it really only called for one person. Ms. Daise was already quite accomplished but Mr. Rainer had a particular way about him that the average employee was rather unprepared for handling.

Mr. Rainer sensed that Ms. Daise would be a good fit, but he could tell she was stubborn and perhaps too much of a lone reed, but in small amounts it could also mean determined. She wasn't one to follow blind, but he could tell she was trust-worthy...which was a boon in his line in work where tact and loyalty mattered as much as being available and hard-working. But it was time for a little "Holly" time.

"Ms. Daise do you know why I called you in here?"

"No Mr. Rainer, why?"

Holly was good about not jumping to conclusions or bad assumptions like some do.

"Well, your work is still fine, but lately I've noticed you really stressed, a little unfocused--not that you day-dream or ignore much. Over 10 yrs. you've worked out great for my company and for me. But in all that time you never once asked for time off, even for the holiday season, and quite frankly most employees ask, if not demand that these days? Why are you the exception?"

"Sir...am I being censured for not taking time off?"

"Not entirely, but you are running on fumes right now Ms. Daise. You need some R & R. Take this to heart Ms. Daise. You will, effective right now...take time off...on my dime. I have a handsome, successful friend who like yourself is rather alone this holiday season. I've known both of you long enough to know you both would hit it off well, his name is Barry Bell. You will start with an introduction dinner tonight. An ice-breaker, if you will. You'll both have a charming evening I'm sure. You might even phone me about it tommorrow, or text...who knows?

"And so...what happens if I say no?"

"You are of course free to do so, but this vacation is mandatory. 2 weeks. No exception. I know it's a bit harsh for a workaholic, but I assure you...it's much needed."

"Well, I guess I had better get ready then. I wouldn't want to find myself unemployed around Christmas would I?"

"No, indeed you wouldn't." Mr. Rainer smirked a sly smile of someone hiding a secret. "I'll have a driver pick you up at 7pm? What time, Ms. Daise?

"7pm, got it bah humbug", Holly sarcastically retorted.

"Very funny Holly. Merry Christmas. I expect renewed vigor when you finally return...though, I will expect you at the holiday office party. Drinks are optional." Mr. Rainer chuckled as he put on his coat to head toward the door.

What an odd man Mr. Rainer. At times he's like a strict head-master and other times like a jovial fezziwig.

"It is unlike you to retire early Mr. Rainer."

"Well, to paraphrase an infamous horror movie by Mr. King, all work and no play makes Jack crazy!"

"I appreciate your humor Mr. Rainer. I doubt many strict and fancy bosses would know much about pop-culture."

"And I suppose I happened to know all the thrillers and steamy romance novels you keep hidden away when you think I'm not paying attention." Mr. Rainer chuckles as he walks out with Ms. Daise in tow and click off the lights and shuts the door.

"Can I escort you to a cab. I tend to have a knack for stopping cabbies, Mr. Rainer chuckles."

"I believe it's called money Mr. Rainer."

"...that and I'm a frequent rider Holly. Ah...here you are, you know Barry loves red on a woman and it's rather festive, don't you think?"

"Sage advice Mr. Rainer, good evening."

"I just hope you both hit it off. I'd hate to think of you spa-ing, skiing, or doing holiday festivities alone.Throwing my wishes into the air to germinate."

"Ooh, someone graduated college".

"Goodnight Holly."

Holly took a long steamy shower. Her new peppermint shower gel always got her craving holiday fun. Holly also came to the realization that maybe she had been missing out on the fun all these years. Her dating life had been slim, though she never felt unfortunate. Lonely maybe, but never unblessed. Maybe a little unlucky in love, that and her family had grown more and more distant every year, not from a lack of her trying, but a lack on their part. Some families are just like that, what can you do? But maybe she had overlooked her own happiness for far too long.

She soaped her body, caressing areas she hadn't thought of in awhile. She was used to self-pleasure but like most things done alone, sometimes it seemed empty. The thought of dating someone new suddenly seemed like less of a bad thing. But, she didn't have long to day-dream if she wanted to be on time. Maybe she could do more of that at a future time.

She wrapped herself up with towel while she picked out her dress. Holly decided to follow Mr.Rainer's advice and wear something red. She picked up some Christmas ball earrings...it was either that or bell earrings. And a red pair of heels with a cute bow. Holly was never great in fashion, but working around Mr. Rainer gave her better attention to detail and trends.

Holly came out of her apartment and wrapped up in a heavy coat. The winter could have a bite at times. Holly was used to warmer living. She moved up north when she got the job offer from Mr. Rainer, he assured her it was a done deal and had her sign a contract. Mr. Rainer had told her how to dress more warmly. He was sort of like a mentor. Strict, but fair, and often generous, but he was no sucker.

"Ms. Daise..." The driver got her door and she got in. She was confused about where her date was at?

"He asked me to drop you off, he'll meet you there."

Was it Holly's imagination or did the driver wink at her? Oh, well.

It was slightly snowing outside. The sky had that pregnant look, as if the sun had been murdered and a grey but light and crisp blanket had escaped the sun and it blended into a light darkness. It made you want to hold a candle in front of you for warmth. It was pretty though, cold but pretty. Some might have used that to describe her, but they hadn't led her lonely life, well most hadn't, still maybe some had. She was an optimistic pessimist. Mr. Rainer had convinced himself he had her all figured out, but some things have to be compartmentalized. Mr. Rainer was well-intentioned but a little blind-sided at times.

"Here you are Ms. Daise straight up those steps ask for Mr. Bell. The doorman will see you don't get turned around."

"Most unusual but all right, thank you."

Holly vered as mentioned. She entered expecting a reception area but found none, how odd?

"Excuse me, I'm here to see a Mr. Barry Bell for dinner but this hardly looks like a resteraunt?"

"That is because this is an apartment building miss, he told me to let you in as you were his guest. He decided to cook you dinner. A little birdie told him cold noisy social encounters tend to intimidate you. So, he thought something low-key would be better. He is a good cook, so don't worry."

"Thank you. Which floor and number."

"It's the penthouse Ms. and (chuckling) it's the whole floor, so you can't miss it."

Holly was not sure if she appreciated his humor or was slightly-annoyed but fine she'd just go with it for now.

"Wow, posh." Holly gazed at her new surrounding. Even the elevator looked disgracefully expensive she looked at wonder.It's fine, this is just casual...but it really seems thought-out for a first date?

As the elevator doors dinged and opened Holly got a taste of the jitters. But almost at once she was reassured with a warm reception.

"Holly! Mr. Rainer/Spencer has been raving about you. The man is a menace once he opens the gates right? Well, don't let him put you off, he probably never mentioned my best quality?

"The doorman seems to know all about your cooking skills."

"Did I say it was cooking?" A light smile warmed his face.

"I once gave him cookies...my mistake, now he expects a weekly charity."

I laugh at his light-hearted banter. He did have this magnetism and twinkle to his face I did not count on. In fact, Mr. Rainer was not as flattering as he should have been. I will leave him an inter-office memo later about his lack of details, but it probably isn't wise to question your boss.

"You are exactly as he described. Of course, he did send me a lovely office shot of you so prim and proper."

"This is of course before I've had a bit of wine and a good laugh."

"Oh, now that is interesting. Well, I think I might be able to keep you entertained. Few describe me as boring, dear."

I couldn't help but notice his use of dear seemed deliberate. I know it's common mannerism with southern US or British people, but I don't know... his tone soothed me but it gave me gooseflesh. Something about him excited me too.

"Here...sit yourself down and just start to unwind. Let me take that very heavy coat. I have just the hook for it. And I'll pour you a glass of a lovely rose wine. A little birdie told me what you might fancy. He said you were not a big drinker, due to alcoholism in the family. And, I really admire you having limits...not many people know to say when. But, at the same time..."

[Barry leans gently over Holly's shoulder but pours from around her as not to spill it on her. Holly takes notice of his careful attentiveness.]

"What is life without a few calculated risks?"

"True. Shall we toast to calculated risks?"

"Aye. Calculated risks!"

Barry dinges lightly but happily as Holly meets the glass.

[Author's note to readers. There will be parts added later. I try to turn in completed works, but sometimes installments work as fillers to readers and can help motivate the writer too. Happy holidays everyone. This is a series in my winter theme. Though, it is just for fun. I do not live around much snow, so it is a good thing to flex the imagination at times. I was mostly setting up this story for my future installments, but this is the introduction.]