All Comments on 'Honey, I'm Home! Ch. 02'

by jacktar48

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I don't understand the appeal of this series

Am I supposed to root for anyone? Every single character is totally unlikeable, which kills the story, when the entire focus of the series is characters designed to make me hate them. I don't care about anyone getting their comeuppance because I don't want to see anybody benefit from an unlikeable character's downfall because they're all unlikeable. This is just really perplexing to read.

jacktar48jacktar48almost 10 years agoAuthor
Thanks

I appreciate that observation. And it kind of looks like others agree.

I had the same problem, but I think I'm fixing it. Chapter 3 should come out today, I think. There are 3 more ready to go, but if no one wants to read them I guess I'll just go on to something else.

I think that for a series-piece, I need to have at least one sympathetic character right away or most people will just say, "This sucks."

LouisCipher01LouisCipher01almost 10 years ago
Try this...

I think I could get into the story more if all the unlikable characters tried to screw each other over and managed to screw themselves over also. It would have to be done in a lively and inventive manner. Something you wouldn't see coming. Of course that may be what you have in mind now. It could work from what I have read.

Polly_DollyPolly_Dollyabout 1 year ago

Kooky and well written. I like it!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous