All Comments on 'I Still Love You'

by thepiratequeen

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Thanks***

For the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
nice tale

sometimes we forget what we have and do not take proper care of it. A

good wife is on this list. sad that some think that after the wedding they

do not have to try that hard to keep a mate or just do not care. they have

the ideal that they own their mate or act like it. what do I know? I have

only been married 46 years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Reality of life

Well written as it happens in many marriages but luckily communications weren't destroyed in this example and reconnecting efforts by both were the goal.

BRAVO!!

ariesgirlariesgirlover 9 years ago

Both individuals in the relationship has to keep the marriage going, its not all on the male to do all the work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Nice

Just one thing missed, "Honey, I went to the doctors today and they confirmed that...."

gordo12gordo12over 9 years ago
A little over the top in the beginning

Words like shout etc don't equal emotion. In fact they were contradicted by the emotions actually being expressed. The first few paragraphs had a lot of that where it was pretty inappropriate. It did settle down after and became readable.

3*

"nearly shouted"

"This time I did shout"

"a stern shout"

The first two were areas where expressions of concern would have been much more appropriate. The third was also an area where a colleague would be motivated to express concern as to what was wrong. Shouting at people at these point just doesn't jive with life, unless you really do have something to cover up. (thou doth protest too much)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
It takes two to tango

He may have fallen off in his attentions to his wife but what was SHE doing along the way? Besides issuing ultimatums? Asking whether or not he was having an affair and then not talking was a sure sign of her discontent. But she left him alone to fix a problem they shared. Not a great idea. And not the way to rescue a marriage heading for the rocks.

thepiratequeenthepiratequeenover 9 years agoAuthor
Thanks Everyone!

In hindsight, the story does seem pretty one sided, and I should have done a better job at incorporating things the wife did. In my defense though, the story was told from the man's perspective. But still, I will definitely keep the other half more in mind next time.

Special thanks to gordo12! I recognize the effort it took for you to read through and make that observation for me and it was seriously spectacular of you. I do get dramatic at times and I admit, the word 'shout' probably should be replaced with something that displays a more accurate and realistic portrayal. I didn't even realize what I was doing there though, so thank you for bringing it to my attention. Needless to say, I have a new vocab goal.

Seriously, thanks for all the comments. It may seem little or obvious to you, but I over look things and putting them out there for me helps me to be a better writer. Please, keep them coming.

GriffyD_BoyGriffyD_Boyabout 9 years ago

I agree with the comments that it seems somewhat one sided with Jo expecting her husband to do all the work to save the marriage. Having said that, damn, the emotion you had him put into his efforts more than made up for this problem. That emotion made it more than easy to overlook this problem and just enjoy the story.

I can only imagine how much more I would have enjoyed it with more of the wife's side thrown in though, so I guess that problem does still remain.

GoodhueGoodhueabout 9 years ago
Lovely

Really liked this feel-good story!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 9 years ago
a worst case

She asked if he was cheating.

Many women accuse their faithful SO of cheating when they are the one that is cheating.

An accusation out of the blue like that can cause suspicion.

Old French proverb: "He would not look under the bed who has not hidden there himself"

Once that seed of suspicion is planted the destruction of a previously solid relationship may follow.

del_devildel_devilabout 9 years ago
hi

What a wonder full story full of love n romance... Its very hard here to find story just about husband n wife but this story is really good full marks to writer n request to him can he write more about just these two couples

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
WOW AUTHOR!!!

That was the most beautifully romantic thing I've ever read in my entire fucking life. And it's so well written. You did an amazing job.

If only men like him actually existed in real life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
My 2 cents

A very nice story. I enjoyed the read and enjoyed the way he took charge of figuring out what the problem was and correcting it instead of going out and getting drunk. I liked the characters and the flow of the story. It is very easy in a relationship to get in a rut especially after some years. It is up to both sides to keep the spark alive and be honest with each other. Thanks for your time and imagination.

ealexerealexerover 3 years ago
A road map for husbands.

Thank you for this beautiful story of love rekindled.

thebookthief123thebookthief123over 3 years ago

I recently broke up with someone and this story made me cry three different times

Starwolf1961Starwolf1961almost 2 years ago

Well Done! Sometime a man NEEDS a wakeup call. Love the love stories and this one was verrry nice. Thank you for the effort.

montanaboy12montanaboy1210 months ago

Love it!! Thank you!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userthepiratequeen@thepiratequeen
Hmm. How do I describe me....Well, I'm after experiences that make me smile. Whether it's something I've written or a chat room conversation I try my best to walk away with a all those lovely, bubbly feelings. I think that too often there's a dark, mellow dramatic overtone wit...