All Comments on 'I Won't Hurry You'

by Cat5

Sort by:
  • 246 Comments (Page 2)
connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
*****

WOW! My kinda story! It would have been just as good without the sex! Did a hitch betwixt WWII and Korea so have been through the era. Freakin' country is always at war, huh? Cheers!

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
one of the best

this is a feel good story with a real world flair.

you should take your time, and enjoy the read.

Don't hurry

and to the anons who made derogatory comments slamming this as a hooker story, do us all a favour, read the story before writing a comment, not just the tags. The opening gambit was a set up that was neutralized before anything happened. She wasn't, he didn't.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Sadly Missed.

one of the few storys by this Author that i have never bothered to read before.

i was always put off by the story name & story description "soldier & hooker"

somehow time after time , i would be stumbling around perusing the top 50 or top 100 romance storys & i would persistantly ignore this tale ..

lol well, i am truly embarrassed now .. well worth the read & i am sure i will look it up again & re-visit it again in a year or two.

xxxhugsxxx

asianToyasianToyabout 9 years ago
Great!!!

A very lovely story. Thank you!

asianToy

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 9 years ago
Reads just as well the second time around...

Good twists and turns in this story. The bit with the safe was good. Interesting and credible.

DoctimeDoctimealmost 9 years ago
Cut to the chase

Simply one of the best stories I have read on Literotica! Gadzillion stars. Wish you were still writing. Doctime

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Love found

A fantastic story,Intruge,hardship,fright and love a lot of love. I truly enjoyed reading the story again for the umpth time. Elke and Dave and of course Top just seem to come to life on the pages. 5 STARS PLUS. It is in my favorites and I never tir of reading it Such warmth the way the story is played out.

Ron Texas

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The Best

Really one of the better stories that I have had the privilege to read again and again. This story has a great beginning a fantastic middle and a fabulous ending. I truly thank the writer for going the extra mile when writing this story.

I do not know if you plan on writing another story about Elke and Dave and there family and life but I will say I hope you write a follow up story.

Ron. Texas

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
fantastic

Fantastic story about two people that meet under extreme conditions and wind up making the best of it NO not the best they make a life long commitment to each other. TRUE LOVE you never know where you will find it.Oh if you have not guessed it is in my favorites.

Ron Texas

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Bravo

A pleasant story which could be made into a movie rated G or X or anything in between. The movie would be a hit with every audience.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
5 Stars Plus

Third time around - one super story!

GpaE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
5th time

Fantastic story. Love is where you find it and how you make it work for you. In my favorites*** and have read it numerous times and never get tired of it.

Ron

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

arrowglassarrowglassabout 8 years ago
Absolute winner! I am a fan!

Such a great story...with some real history woven into the fabric of this tale...extremely well written!

beretta84beretta84about 8 years ago
great story

this would make an awesome movie. well done.

Rhsc1Rhsc1almost 8 years ago
Well Done

Finest kind...great story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
fantastic Story

I have read this story many times and I enjoy just as much as the first time that I read it. Its kind like two lost people that connect and fall deeply in love. She was afraid there was no hope for him but he refused to give up on them. It is in my favorites,it is heart breaking at times but love prevails.

Ron

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
One of the best

thanks for the smile

xtchrxtchrover 7 years ago
Very Interesting!

A very interesting and well done story. It is a true Love story...how refreshing. Like most stories that I really enjoy, I wish it kept going. I didn't want it to stop. Thank you for a well-written and entertaining and creative story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Love Story

Very nice read!

Baton Rouge Redneck

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fantastic. Story

Two people that are of different worlds come together and fall deeply in love. I love the way Elke supported Dave and kept telling him it was his job and he needed to concerate on it. I thought it was cute that she would tease him by using each new rank when she addressed him. They came to life on the pages for me and they loved each other deeply. Not the first or last time that I will read it. 5 stars +

Ron/ cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I would have guessed that I would not like this story.

And I would have been wrong.

Might be the least erotic story I have ever read on this site. It felt interesting I found that I was happy to see there there was a fair number of pages.

And there was personal story line and a external plot that was worth reading.

Thank you Cat.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
Worth taking the time to read and enjoy

A great story. Well written.

I'm glad I came back to visit this wonderful tale.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 7 years ago
I want the rest of the story!

I want the rest of the story.... The bit between the Korean war starting and the ending. ALL of it! Between excellent writing and the gripping plot and characters this is just too damn great a story to be short changed in the length department.

Definitely going on my must be reread often list, however the bitch about the missing part will not go away until the author does the right thing and writes the rest of the story.

ukdukeukdukeabout 7 years ago
Excellent

Really liked it. But the end was tadge abrupt. You have more mileage in this. Their time in Korea, perhaps a move to Japan, then trying to settle in the US. Lots to be done. Do think of putting some more out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great Story!!!

It deserved every single one of the five stars that I gave it! I only wish you were still writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wonderful

You story moved me to tears at several places.

Tears of joy for how much the people cared for each other. Please write more!!!

You deservd more than 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
More!!

I'd LOVE to read more about Dave and Elke! Any chance there's more that you could possibly write about them? Vietnam was hellish, but is open to many possibilities.

Buddy1945Buddy1945almost 7 years ago
First. Rate

First rate story covered a lot of deminisions. I really enjoyed the story not my first time to read it. In my favorites 5* plus. Write more like this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very Nice!

I read this story a while back and liked it a lot. Just read it again and I liked it even better the second time around. This is a 5 Star Story, without a doubt.

LoejtcLoejtcover 6 years ago
The ending effected my rating

Excellent story. Very talented author. I just felt that the ending was forced. The invasion of South Korea and the ensuing war exposed the arrogance of our military leadership. The last scene before the invasion was a microcosm of that flaw. If the story ended with the invasion scene I would have been more than satisfied. The domestic scene at the end was superfluous.

It is interesting how a talented writer such a Cat5 can tell a complete, interesting, and realistic story that captures the reader in only seven pages. While commercial book mills (publishers) pump out thousands of lesser works requiring 300 pages each. This site does service a real purpose.

Buddy1945Buddy1945over 6 years ago
Fantastic. Story

In my favorites and have read numerous times. A great romance story 5 stars plus

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Pretty sure the bikinis are an anachronism in this piece, sure it existed but social mores prevented most women from wearing them and no mother would let her young daughter wear one when the designers had to hire strippers to model them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Oh Cat5, where have you gone?

This was a superb story from beginning to end. A couple of factual inaccuracies (never heard of GI brides?) but I'm not sure I really care.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Very Good

"Finally he came to the conclusion that he should teach me how not to shoot my fellow soldiers."

Loved that comment

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Very good story

I can't imagine getting into the order of battle of a Brigade. Back in the '60s we kept losing ABN Guards Army Hqs in the Military Districts around the Black Sea.

Sak77Sak77almost 6 years ago
My FAVORITE story on Lit.com no kidding

I LOVE this story.

I have two incongruities to ask you about.

The H-19C could take 10 troops or up to 8 stretchers. Four soldiers, some kidlets, and a duffel bag of intel shouldn't have slowed down this helo.

Where the HELL is "Choiden"? LOL I've been looking all over Europe for it, and I've come to the reluctant conclusion it's a made-up town name. If that's the case, why? Everything else in this story smacks of ABSOLUTE verisimilitude. Why make up a town name in East Germany? I'm sure there are thousands you could have used.

Mind you, NONE of these little niggly things takes away from one of the most amazing romance stories I've read. Their just sort of . . . annoying (in my own mind) little things I wanted to understand more.

THANK YOU for a WONDERFUL tale.

Now please write a story of a WW2 Royal Air Force female lieutenant who comes to the USA on a liaison mission and falls for a USAAC navigator. LOL

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago
using any armed forces as a major plot element is manipulative

It ready is. People comment and rate based on that alone, usually because of first hand experience coupled with some resemblance during the time they served. You could say, "well then, then, relating to the reader in any way is manipulative," and I'd agree, but I just am apprehensive when authors incorporate a military plot element, because it is frequently coupled with an otherwise weak story. I find that rather cheap.

But, I think it was well integrated with the story, was balanced with the plot and especially the category: romance. Actually, I liked this a lot, it's definitely worth reading...was graced with four asterisks and a favorite. I have better things to worry about than minute errors.

For some reason, teasing by addressing him by rank by the wife is part of a rather endearing group statements. Actually, there were a lot of good lines basically saying that life will be good with their partner by their side in a cardboard box. The story length was good enough to tell the whole story without any particular rush. Rushed romances are creepy. It's probably easy to say it too much, but seeing it in action, along with some direct pointers, is about right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Not my first time to read

A very good story one of my favorites. I NEVER TIRE OF READING IT. 5. STARgS PLUS I

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Timeline

I'm sorry but when is this story set? Seems to me like it starts in 1947 after the Berlin airlift. Problem is though, the Federal Republic of Germany and the German Democratic Republic weren't founded until 1949, never to mention of a west German military that wasn't founded until 1956 so the author should really do his research.

LatinLearnerLatinLearnerover 5 years ago
To perfect

This is a great romance story up to the point where Sophie is rescued and the family united. At this point the story is going downhill, because life for them is to perfect, to great and ending as a one-star general. Therefor only four stars from me. It probably won't matter because the author was probably not here for ages. Anyway...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story!

Whether historically 100% accurate or not, it would make a hell of a great Rated R movie. Some sex, lots of other fun parts. It reminded me of a book series called "the Brotherhood of War" and i really enjoyed it. When i saw it was 7 pages i was hesitant to start but the military aspect drew me in. Fantastic! I will search what other stories you have Cat5!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great

I love this one I read it probably once a week the only thing I would change if I was you would be to tell the story between captain and general because I'm pretty sure that anybody that likes this storie as much as I do would like to hear that

oldsoldier44oldsoldier44over 5 years ago
nit pickin

First, a division and above intel shop is G2, not S2 Second, the Bundeswehr was founded in 1955. Given the fact that, our hero joined the ROTC during WWII he was commissioned in 1949, just about the time of the 1948-49 Berlin Airlift as mentioned. As a spook, I learned few if any old timers had been grunts in the US Army, others to be sure like German Czech

But, a lovely and touching story. My Elke was just as captivating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Literary license covers a lot of inaccuracies

ASA Lives

I refuse to say Long Live INSCOM

The lifers always said dealing with us was like herding cats. Bits and pieces of reality spice up fiction.

Here’s to my Jarhead, Swabbie, and Monterey Mary classmates that were on the USS Liberty.

Don’t forget Jim Davis was the first man in uniform to die in Nam.

Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Fantastic Story

Yes it is in my favorites a really good Romance story. I like the parts where she teases him using his rank. I have read it many times and it just seems to get better each time.

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good Stuff

I really liked this story. I read it years ago and just ran across it again today, so I had to read it again. I think I enjoyed it more this time than I did the first time I read it. Looking at the author’s story list page I saw that this is one of the last few stories he posted. And that’s too bad because he’s a talented writer and is missed here. His story “Charlie and Clyde” is another great romance story. And just like this one it’s Five Star worthy.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionalmost 5 years ago
Just read it again

Brilliant writing, one of my all time favourites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
5 stars always

I read this story when I need to feel good again. It's one of a few of my all time favorites. Top three easily. Cat5 please write again romance stories, please.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 4 years ago
What can I say

This is a great romance story and anything I say to complement it has already been said by the hundred and some readers that have commented on it previously. Thanks for the happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
had the feel of authenticity

I don't usually leave comment, but will for this ... it was a lovely story, the idea of the man and woman working together to help each other, not in it for what they can get from each other. It felt like the author was writing from experience ... great story. I really enjoyed it

jbonet43jbonet43about 4 years ago
Beautiful story!

I enjoyed this story. It left me with a happy feeling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
THAT!

Is a story I have read many, many times, and the sweetest Romance story ever.

phoenix23ninjaphoenix23ninjaabout 4 years ago
amazing

This is as good as Sales Team, and that story is a masterpiece

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 4 years ago

I wish you were still writing stories.

5

Knightmajik75Knightmajik75about 4 years ago

Such a beautiful story! So much more substance that I'm used to reading on this site. Really well done! Your submissions are missed..

LwcbyLwcbyalmost 4 years ago
I really hope that you are still alive

Thank you for the enjoyment that you have given to everyone that has read your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Excellent. Well written, good grammar, interesting storyline and characters. An absolutely first class read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
So . . .

Hands down THE BEST romance story to date. I know, I know. I'm military and can identify. Still . . . THE BEST romance story on the site!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
BEST

This is the best somewhat short stroy I have ever read in my life! Its just so romantic and sweet everything feels just right

Avidreader3142Avidreader3142almost 4 years ago

What would I do without the great writers ( and you're a pretty small, select bunch on this site ) who fill out my evenings with stories of compassion, virtue and all the best of human endeavour. Thank you ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Awesome

In my experience there are those that have the talent for what they do that is just better than others doing the same thing. I class these creative people as MASTERS or the ELITE of what they do. Your writing puts you in the company with the best. This story took me on a journey that was just so wonderful I will never forget it. Thank you so much for sharing. 5 stars given, thousands of stars felt. CC

TSACINTSACINover 3 years ago
Terrific Story

A very well written story that keeps you engaged all the way. Thanks for a great read - I hope we'll see more in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
OMG!

I've read this story many times. It's by far my favorite story of all time. I love you Cat5.

Johnny

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
In a word ....

BRILLIANT!

lovedefactolovedefactoover 3 years ago

Wonderful story! Please write some more

lovedefactolovedefactoover 3 years ago

This story is one of my absolute favourites! You started out slowly to entice us into your plot and then completely sucked us in so that we couldn't leave until we finished! Bravo!

Please come back and write some more!

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

very good story and to hear about a 'smart' lieutenant that takes advice from a very knowledgeable Top. Good story, nice action and a little love thrown in to

BanbeckBanbeckabout 3 years ago

Good story.

You got your tank facts wrong though.

The first T-34/85 tanks were delivered in December 1943, by which time the Kharkiv plant had long been moved to Chelyabinsk behind the Ural mountains.

And it wasn’t as “indestructible” as you presume either btw.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

WONDERFUL STORY!

AFoolRushesInAFoolRushesInabout 3 years ago

Well written, and the military feels authentic. The post war situation was probably nicer than the reality. I enjoyed it very much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I took a couple of college courses while stationed at the US Embassy Moscow during the Cold War. The instructor was a US Army Lt Col whose job was to do what the young Lt did in Germany. One of the courses was The Armed Forces of the USSR. The military side was quite believable. The only correction I'd make is the soldiers and people during that period were Soviets and not Russians. The language was Russian though. ***** for this story. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Enjoyed the story very much

1958willyboy1958willyboyalmost 3 years ago

i think this is now my favorite story. 30 years military, 6 combat tours, so i can identify with some of this stuff. dude, i had tears in my eyes when i finished reading this.

roveroneroveronealmost 3 years ago

halfway thru 1st page thought to myself-this is brilliant-!

-backed in to it after another Romance story I'd just finished

scrolled up to your name-not your 1st story I've loved-!-Sales Team among others

and 175 comments-know I'm gonna love this one too

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Outstanding writing! You really should take up writing professionally if you haven't already.

wish_thinkerwish_thinkerover 2 years ago

Wow, wonderful to read a story that has great content, well written, has a clear ending, I loved it. I will look for and read everything I can find. Than you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful story. I enjoyed a real plot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It's a shame you haven't released anything since the 2000's. I can only assume you had to stop because you ended up writing professionally, cause this and everything else of yours that I've read has been amazing. Bravo

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

2nd time reading this. Great story.

Lector77Lector77over 2 years ago

Excellent. Thank you.

nighthawk22204nighthawk22204over 2 years ago

Extraordinarily good story here, Extremely suspenseful throughout, very well paced, kept me reading all day. The military action and bureaucracy is completely real, albeit compressed for ease of reading. I wish all military assignments could be this rewarding. Thanks for creating this for us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story but was confused by the results of the North Korean armor attack. Meeting on Friday to identify possible North Korean armor buildup with decision to locate the tanks on Monday. But the Koreans attacked on Sunday. What happened ? Did the North Koreas kick ass?

Were the American troops captured and held in prison just like after the Vietnam Police Action? How many years did it take to get Captain Dave and his family released from prison?

Mike the Irishman 🍀

dawg997dawg997over 2 years ago

Tremendous, exceptional story.

Bravo to the fine author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An amazing tour de force! Thank you for your tale. The problem is, the more of your stories I read - the less there are to enjoy.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

For Mike the Irishman, comment listed as “20 days ago”:

“Korean War

The Korean War was a war fought between North Korea and South Korea from 25 June 1950 to 27 July 1953. The war began on 25 June 1950 when North Korea invaded South Korea following clashes along the border and rebellions in South Korea.Wikipedia“

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 2 years ago

From the very first scene to the end I was reminded of W.E.B Griffin's Brotherhood of War series. The overlay of a (semi)wartime romance reminded me of Nevil Shute. [Shute was INCENSED at the the very suggestion that Gregory Peck fucked Ava Gardner in the movie version of "On the Beach"; so the (very hot) graphic sex in this tale would spin him 400 rpm in his grave, LOL.]

Bravo! Easy (rare) 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
5 stars

It's my number 1 alltime favorite story. I've read it many times. I love you Cat5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful story, as always. Elke and Sophie didn't have a lot of choices, but when the time came Sophie called Dave "her daddy" and Elke was so in love with Dave, she was his wife long before any actual wedding. Elke proudly gave Dave 3 more children, and they were still the light of each other's lives. Be a person so blessed, as to find love like that!

RangeExpanderRangeExpanderover 2 years ago

Excellent story. The opening sounds so much more macho than the story that unfolds - great to be surprised by all the tenderness, kindness and love.

lerenardruselerenardruseover 2 years ago

Loved it from start to finish.

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961over 2 years ago

great story best of yours I have read . 5 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really enjoyed this story!!! Thank you!

Pjam1968Pjam1968about 2 years ago

Really a nice closing

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 2 years ago

A really great story, a good blend of real history and fictional characters, good pace, good scene building and no grammar/spelling errors, also good tension building in places as well. I also get the feeling the author has dealt with the Army a fair bit, most civvies don’t understand the extent to which an Army is run by the SNCO’s, they really are the “backbone” of any successful Military.

Definitely a 5/5 as I enjoyed it immensely, thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

USMCVetUSMCVetabout 2 years ago

Outstanding, realistic and plausible story. Thank you for the happy ending!

lukeshortlukeshortabout 2 years ago

A really great story. Can't point to anything specific that makes it such a good story. Liked all of it. 5*

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 2 years ago

Very enjoyable read! Great story! Thank-you!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous