All Comments on 'I'll Be Home For Christmas'

by crow_girl21

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
DadDavisDadDavisover 9 years ago
Been there

I spent 17 yrs in the Army. I was never sent home during Christmas mand I spent many Christmases listening for gunshots or booms. I even spent part of one Christmas Eve in the Chaplain's tent telling him that Christmas and "Peace on Earth and Goodwill to man was a farce.

I am also crying over the guys and gals sent to the Middle east to fight a battle for the profittiers who are making a fortune from their efforts.

jott50jott50over 9 years ago
nice start

hot but....way too short,you didn't give enough space to flesh out the characters, other than the basic plot, you rushed thru it. i thought there was good possibilities with your story though. not a winner though.

FarmerJGDFarmerJGDover 9 years ago
Been there as well

I was in the army for 2 years during the Viet Nam conflict, and spent a Christmas away from home. It was a very miserable time for me, I was not married at the time but engaged. I spent Christmas Eve that year out in the boonies as I was in the infantry. As Dad Davis said, I feel for the men and women that are over seas now fighting for, I 'm not sure what, but they are. Now about the story, it was good, a bit short, but still to the point. Thanks for writing it. BTW, when I got out of the army I married the girl I was engaged to and we have been together for 43 years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
very good

It may not be a winner but it s a great story to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Needs development

No character development and poor grammar.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous