All Comments on 'I'm Not That Stupid'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 236 Comments (Page 3)
miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

The constant switching from 1st to 3rd person perspectives really detracted from an old story.

Obviously Carol was stupid and pretty much got what she deserved.

Dan had every right to be upset and hurt by Carol's actions since she lost weight. No doubt about it. However, his actions within this story were not consistent with someone who says he loves his wife to death and really wants his marriage to work.

When the party in his honor was thrown he says he really wishes he could share his moment with Carol. Instead he rents a limo and takes the nanny with him. By that point Carol was having second thoughts and hadn't done anything worse than she's done before she moved out. If he would have called and invited her he probably could have saved his marriage and cleared up whatever confusion Carol was having about their marriage. But, he chose not to. Then he runs off to Asia for 5 months and comes back with the nanny 3 months pregnant.

All of this happens without him talking to Carol after she moved out? For someone who said he wanted to save his marriage he made zero effort to save it.

When both spouses act juvenile it's hard to really find the story enjoyable.

EvelZombieEvelZombieover 1 year ago

This story is just way to unrealistic for me. It smacks of someone done wrong(maybe the author) and probably taken to the cleaners, because that's usually how this works in a divorce. Now pinning a story of his fantasy revenge and how he thinks it all should have played out.

redboat7redboat7over 1 year ago

Great Story.. I loved it!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yeah, he’d be in jail for kidnapping

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

So, actually who cheated on who? His wife didn't pass the husband test but didn't have intercourse. He, on the other hand, hired a nanny, took her to dinner and run out of the country with her.

During the whole time he didn't leave his wife any way to communicate with him. No way to clear all misunderstandings.

As I see it he didn't want her back. He was too hurt and angry.

vanyevanyeover 1 year ago

I, he, they, Dan.... Pick a point of view and stick with it please.

In addition, the MC is an asshole. Yes, the wife was a dumbass, but he was worse. Too many of these stories are written about petulant man children.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There's the switching a story telling point of view, as in a couple other of this author's story. Carol's an idiot for listening to her friends, whom she admits was all divorced, to live life like a single person. She gave notice that she'll be leaving "to find herself". WTF? She has a child, that should've been done well beforehand. Then, of course, there's her husband Dan, who's highly upset/ angry with Carol & her actions, according to the story, for the past months. However, he makes no attempt to keep in contact with Carol, including taking Beth & his son to Asia to now live.

--- And he says he wants to save the marriage if at all possible. Right! Doesn't happen if you run away & don't allow communication. While I might agree the separation papers were a good thing, everything else is juvenile at best. She had no right to act in the club like she did, & allow the guy to sexually touch her. He, on the other hand, had no right sleeping with Beth (it's assumed after that party) & then having sex with her!

---- Both Carol & Dan are idiots & actually deserve each other. I agree with the commenters below that, after Carol showed what type of woman she was in not listening to her husband but her alleged friends, he didn't want her back. So much for wanting to save the marriage if possible. (Then we're down to the messages not read/ listened to again.) 3 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Taking the son outside the country without the mother's knowledge would have been a huge deal in family court. Unless their written agreement regarding child custody specifically authorized such travel, the husband and his nanny likely would have been met at the airport with handcuffs. At least her prenatal care would have been paid for by the county jail.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

đź‘Ť

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Mostly good, but missing a final reaction from Carol, as well as any sort of payback on Karin.

TechumsahTechumsahabout 1 year ago

I have always wondered does anyone really do a trial separation or go find themselves or whatever? I never have never known anyone that has done it. I only seem to hear about it in stories.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 year ago

Still a good story about a foolish woman. One thing - the phrase "stupid idiot" is redundant.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

POV! 3rd person to 1st person in the same sentence! "When they first got married, we had screwed like teenagers"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

On the first page... CHOOSE A POV and stick to it dammit! Back to the story. I hope I can stick it out...

JPB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Average, three stars. Far too many unforced errors to rate four stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Too many spelling errors and switches of PoV.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Meh pretty average. Some interesting ideas but some unforced errors also and felt fast at the end.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Carol was incredibly stupid.

someoneothersomeoneother10 months ago

Written by someone who has no idea of the legal process, and too many delusions. He would not be allowed to take Andy out of the country without the mother's permission. But too many authors are just too lazy or too stupid to do any research.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Finally .... SlirCUCK grows a pair and writes a story that "truely" BTB! I quess the old saying is TRUE .... "a blind hog CAN find a acorn! Hope the readers enjoyed the story BECAUSE this writer will be back to his "cheating WHORE wife Apologist", wimp, enuch agenda with the his next submission.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

the last line was so funny

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

@someoneother We’ve taken our grandkids on overseas trips. Of course we had signed permission from both parents with us. BUT NO ONE ever questioned or asked to see the letters. So even if we didn’t have those letters, the kids would still be out of the country. A father and son with a woman acing like the son’s mother? Who would question that they weren’t a family. Nobody would ask to see a marriage license.

HighBrowHighBrow9 months ago

I feel sorry for the hapless wife. Women seem to be under a lot of self-inflicted psychological pressures, esp. Femdom agitprop ones.

Just_WordsJust_Words8 months ago

If we step back from the realm of fantasy and ask how this situation would end in real life, could it end with anything other than divorce? Well told.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Terrible switches of PoV - even in the same sentence! Awful writing, maybe a decent editor could bring it back to some order.

NoBullAlNoBullAl6 months ago

Not a bad story but would have improved significantly if a good editor had been used!! Too many spelling errors and changing points of view even in the middle of a sentence!!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Okay story, but its missing final reactions from his ex and even Karin.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Sometimes I read a story here where I actually feel bad for the stupid spouse. Carol realized her mistake but hubby couldn't wait to dump her. ces' la vie.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Dan may be the biggest asshole on Literotica. You an’t sign away child custody. It has to be decided by a court. Dan would’ve been arrested for kidnapping, as well he should’ve been.

Minus 10 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Its an interesting story but your mc lost sympathy because he was made to seem like a man who was using the opportunity to get his wife out.

The funniest bit is some of the comments you have, the idiots dont get it that its a story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well Carol was delusional and abandoned her child during get walkabout, so even though she didn't have sex, she doesn't deserve to be married. But the MC was an asshat as well just primed to slip Beth into place. And there is no way she can sign away her custodial rights. Even custodial changes in postnups are not valid in most states. After a divorce, given how she moved out, he would get primary custody. And yes Carol is really that stupid. But the MC would go to jail after extradition fir taking Andy out if the country, nit to mention lose his job. The fantasist escape to Asia with the replacement hottie and with his son was surreal and not remotely realistic. S yeah hecwas pretty repugnant as well.

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider19552 months ago

The story was hard to follow because the writer kept mixing the POV and pronouns. It still was a good story. 4 stars.

pummel187pummel187about 2 months ago

DO YOU ALL WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH???????

men= a man gets married because he is IN LOVE with the woman

women= a woman DOES NOT get married for love only, no a woman factors in will he be a kind loving partner?, will he make good money, will he be a good father and is he intelligent and understanding man. .......... and so on....... I don't mean this in a disparaging way, no it's just the truth.

its the way women are, just as men have faults to. ....... for men .... well we DON'T even start to mature until the age of 35 or so

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

5 Stars from GW on this one 1`.. I believe I am the dumbest guy alive as My ex cheated all of our 6 years . I am now married to a sweet lady who puts up with my crap , Unless I start to make a fool of myself

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

So in fact Dan cheats on Carol. She comes to her senses but he is the one who cheats. This author does seem to have misogynistic tendencies in his stories.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous