In an Iron Sling

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Sorry?" said Cerif, not understanding.

"You've got a purple bruise right between the eyes," she giggled. "It almost looks like someone pounded you with a snowball!"

"Come on," said Corporal Zukellig and helped Cerif to his feet. "We're all tired and soaked through. We've got to find somewhere to get warmed and fed before we all catch our death of cold. Geriggus is already coughing, and we know that none of us will get any sleep if he gets any worse."

As if on cue, Geriggus covered his mouth, hunched over, and made a sound like an angry mule. The Corporal rolled his eyes, and they all turned to go. Still shaking his head in wonder, Cerif felt in his pocket and sure enough there was the little brown bottle of horehound and coltsfoot. It was real, and that meant that somewhere out there was a beautiful witch to which he owed a great debt of gratitude.

"I'll give you something for your cough when we find you some hot tea," Cerif casually mentioned to Geriggus as they fell into formation. "I have just the thing."

*****

As usual please vote here if you like what you read and send me some feedback if you have a reaction you think I'd like to know about.

Mountain Rider

Additional author's acknowledgement:

I owe credit to author Michael Swanwick and his amazing novelStations of the Tide © 1992 for the original inspiration for Hannah's tattoos. All respect is meant by the reference, and I think you should go read his book!