In the Arms of an Angel

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Myhands316
Myhands316
1,183 Followers

Maggie was nodding off against his shoulder as he pulled up to the house. John had to nudge her awake. "Come on sweetheart, time to give Manny a quick briefing and get into bed." She helped her out of the truck and held her in his arms as she told Manny the particulars. Manny went to start asking questions, but was stopped by John.

"She's done in. The doctor said she needs some rest. Her folks will be here in the morning. They have the rest of the information. I'm putting her bed now." He waved and took Maggie into the house. As soon as he laid her down, Maggie pulled on his arm so he was sitting next to her.

"Honey, I need you to make love to me. I need you right now." She put her fingers to stop him from accepting automatically, like she knew he would. "We have to take it easy for a little while. I'll miss the urgency of our lovemaking, but I need you to love me softly until after my stomach settles. The doctor said it might take a few weeks. Is that okay with you?" She moved her hand to let him speak.

"For you... anything." He kissed her fingers. "Let me go wash and I'll be right back Babydoll." He kissed her and brushed back her hair tenderly. "My beautiful Angel eyes." He breathed and went to take the world fastest shower.

When he came back, he softly held her still as he kissed every inch of her skin he could reach. When he tweaked her nipples, she hissed. "Softly, they're tender." She moaned as he adjusted and loved her so tenderly.

John wanted to show her just how tender and loving he could be. He took his time moving down to her sex. When he was there, he kissed and licked all around it. As her scent grew, he noticed it had a heavier, muskier texture. It didn't bother him. Maggie was his lover and this was just another part of her to enjoy.

He didn't tease her. He licked and sucked her pussy until he felt her get moist enough to make love to her. He moved her onto her side and cuddled behind her. He took carful aim and let himself slip into her softly. It was slow torture for him, but he would give her what she asked for.

Maggie clutched his arms to her, as he hugged her from behind. She was overwhelmed by the tender care in which he loved her and protected their child. She could feel his love as his gentle rocking stimulated a tingling spot deep inside of her. All she could do was moan and succumb to his gentle loving.

There was no heated rush. All that existed was a warm glow, as they moved together as one. There wasn't a mad throbbing climax, but a series of rolling orgasmic contractions. No slamming rush to the finish, but a slow gentle probing as they mated.

"I love you so much." Maggie groaned as she felt him reach his peak.

"I love you too." He breathed into her ear as they rocked and held each other. They dozed with him still embedded inside her. With a soft sigh, they hugged and fell asleep.

********************************

The next morning, while John was making sure he didn't wake Maggie as he slipped out of bed, Manny was dealing with the former owner.

"Okay Manny, what and the hell has been going on since I went on vacation? Who's this clown who moved into MY house and is trying to take over?" He demanded and ignored the rolled eyes.

Manuel wished that Mildred was here to keep Jason in check. But, she was helping Wilma in the kitchen.

"Sir, John isn't a clown. He is a friend of Michael's from the military. They served together over there." Manny tried to tell Jason what was going on, but wasn't surprised when he was interrupted.

"And that makes him qualified how, to run a multi-million dollar farm?" Jason knew he was going to lose. He just wanted to make sure his farm was in good hands. He figured at least this guy was someone he could respect.

"It doesn't." John came up, hearing the conversation. "And I don't. Maggie and Manny run things. I just put my hand in wherever it's needed." He nodded to Manny and stood flatfooted in front of Maggie's father.

"Where is my little girl?" He demanded.

"Still sleeping. She needs the rest." John glared back.

"Jason, I see you've met John. He's one of the hardest workers...." Manny tried to defuse the open hostility that was brewing.

"Sleeping... It's almost harvest time. There isn't time for sleeping. Am I going to have to take over this operation again?" Jason put his hands on his hips in challenge.

"The doctor said she needs rest. She's been sick for weeks. I'm not going to make her sicker for something that we can take care of while she gets some sleep and feels better." John took a step forward.

"Jason... we know what to do. This isn't my first harvest." Manny tried to step between the two hulking men before they came to blows.

"Jason, you leave those two men alone. They've got work to get done and it still needs doing as long as you keep them here, badgering at them. We're supposed to be in Niagara Falls next week; you promised. Then we're supposed to go down the coast during the changing of the leaves. We're retired... get used to it!" Her hand was on her hip and her toes were tapping, while she pointed down her husband. "Good morning John." She said in an aside.

"Ma'am... Wilma." He nodded. "Wilma, could you bring something light for Maggie to eat around eight. She should be done with her morning bout of getting sick. Please stay with her so she doesn't rush. It might help settle her stomach. One of the nurses said keeping some soda crackers around might be helpful too."

"Okay... I know what to do." Wilma smiled at the tender way he was treating Maggie.

"Okay boss, what needs done today?" John asked Manny, ignoring Maggie's father. He respected the man, but he didn't put up with bullshit from anyone.

Three days later, Maggie was ready to scream as he parents pulled out, headed to the north with promises of coming back in the spring. She loved her mother, but if she had to do anymore shopping for the baby, someone was going to get hurt.

Thinking about that, she knew she had to thank John for the last three days of pampering she had to live through. Even Manny and Wilma had gotten into the act. Wouldn't that man get it through his thick head that she wasn't some kind of wilting Lilly or the first woman to ever get pregnant?

She sighed as her stomach grumbled and she nibbled on a cracker. 'Why the hell do they call it morning sickness, when I'm still sick at night?' She griped to herself as she headed to the bathroom just in case the stale offering didn't appease the child, who had seized control of her system.

***************************************

Something was eating at John, and he didn't know what it was. He couldn't put his finger on it, but he knew something was wrong. The more he thought about it, the farther it was for him to grasp. At first he put it down to worry over Maggie. Nope, that wasn't it. Next he just thought he was working too hard or something was wrong with the farm. Still it eluded him.

He was having dreams. He knew they were dreams. But for the life of him he couldn't remember what he was dreaming about. It had been about a month after the baby was born, and life had gotten back to semi-normal. They were mid harvest and he was working every hour he could to help get things done.

Maggie felt him start to flail in his sleep again. She tried to sooth him but for some reason it wasn't helping. She tried to understand what he was saying, but it was just coming out in a jumble. She knew he was still asleep even with his eyes open. He had a handful of her hair and was starting to call out.

"Answer the question. I need an answer." He demanded in his sleep.

"What question love?" She asked confused.

"Just answer the damn question. Answer me." He demanded, getting irritated.

"Um, red... blue... twenty seven...?" She started tossing out random answers as he got more agitated.

"GODMIT ANSWER ME? ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION!!!" He shouted.

"I don't know the question. How can I answer you?" She reached out and held his face. "Babe... It's okay. I'm right here, but I can't answer the question."

She felt the jerk rip through his body. "What... huh? What's wrong babe?" He asked concerned.

"I don't know the question love. If I knew...." She saw that he had fallen back asleep and sighed. She wanted to hit him as he cuddled her and started rubbing her nipples in his sleep. The next morning, she was even more frustrated. John had no memory of what she was saying. He just gave her a blank look as she tried to go over the events.

"I don't know babe. It isn't anything from my past. I don't know what to tell you. I'm sorry if I kept you awake." He kissed her and hugged her while rubbing her back and butt.

"You're lucky that I love you. You can be the most frustrating man on the face of the earth." She huffed and melted into his embrace.

The harvest was almost over and Maggie knew it was time to start thinking about converting one of the room's upstairs back into a nursery for their baby. She wondered if John knew how to do drywall work.

She remembered there was a doorway hidden in the wall between their room and her office. She could move her office then start working on fixing up the rooms before she got too big to want to move. She knew the fall and winters were slow times on the farm and it would give her something to do other than count calves. She wondered if she should go out and ask John what he thought since he was working in the yard on an old busted bailer.

John was glad for something to do in the yard. He knew he wasn't any good at bringing in the harvest and felt useless in the fields as even the children out paced him. Fixing stuff, now that was something he could do and it kept him close to Maggie.

"Come on you rusted piece of shit!" He griped at the stuck bolt. "Where's my bigger hammer. I'll show you who the boss is. Ouch, you cum sucking slut. I'll make you pay for that." He sat up and sucked his scraped knuckle.

"How's it going?" Manny asked with laughter in his eyes. "I don't know why you're bothering. That thing hasn't worked in years."

"Cheaper to fix it than buy a new one. Besides I like a challenge and this bucket of bolts has met its match." He stood up.

"You've got some mail. Good luck with that." Manny laughed and walked away.

John flipped the fancy envelope and wondered who was getting married. He knew someone from home sent it. It had his parent's address on it. Shrugging, he opened it with his knife and started reading.

Seconds later, he wanted to kill someone. "What the fuck did I ever do to them to deserve this shit?" He asked the air. He was done. It was time to face down his family.

Putting action to thought, he stomped into the bunk house and gathered up the stuff he left there when he moved into Maggie's bedroom. He shoved a few things into his duffle. He knew he was too mad to say goodbye, so he scribbled a quick note on the back of the invitation's envelope.

"Maggie, I have to go home. Sorry; I love you, John." He went out and found one of the hands to drive him to the bus depot. Before he left, he gave the note to Wilma and said to give it to Maggie at dinner. Ten minutes later he was driving off the farm and headed back home to confront some of his demons.

Back in the kitchen, Wilma read the note and paled. She wondered when he was going to run. She knew from her research that he would. How was she going to tell Maggie, and with the baby coming?

"What's wrong Mina?" Manny asked as he walked in.

"See, I told you so." She showed Manny the note. "He's running home. I tried to warn you. What are we going to do?" She was angry and sad at the same time.

"It is not what you think. John was in a good mood when I gave him that letter. There must be something bad happening at home that he couldn't wait. He'll be back. Mark my words and then you'll owe him such an apology." Manny told his wife.

"What about Maggie, and the baby? What do we tell her? This is going to kill her." She said looking up at her dense husband.

"We tell her that there was an emergency and John had to rush home and give her his note. You see he says he loves her." He pointed at the note.

"No, it says he's sorry he loves her." She debated the point.

"Manny, have you got her pregnant again?" Maggie barked out. "You two are squabbling like a couple of guinea-hens over scratch. The last time I saw that, she was pregnant with Juan."

"Oh, I'm so sorry Miss Maggie." Wilma shoved the note into Manny's hands and fled crying.

"What's wrong with her? Have you seen John? I wanted to ask his opinion on something." Maggie watched the crying woman run into the kitchen and slam the door.

"Sorry Mag's, but John had an emergency. He had to rush home. He left a note. It is from his family. I gave it to him a little bit ago." He handed her the note and watched her slam into depression.

"I see. And he couldn't say goodbye?" The tears were starting to flow. She knew what Wilma thought was going to happen. She didn't believe it but here it was. "I'll be in my office if anyone really needs me."

"Maggie, he does love you. He said so in his note." Manny didn't try and convince her more. He knew they would all be eating crow when he came back. He trusted John and knew he wouldn't fail them.

Maggie went into her room and collapsed crying into her pillow. She didn't know how she was going to cope with being a single mother. Would she hate their child, because the father ran off like a coward? Damn these surging hormones anyway.

Maggie walked around like a ghost for two days feeling sorry for herself. Then she felt a flutter in her abdomen, and that changed everything.

Now, she was pissed. She'd have an explanation from that oaf, or his balls on her wall as a decoration. She griped, yelled and screamed as she threw the brand new maternity clothes, she had to start wearing because their child needed more room, into an overnight bag.

"Leave me in the middle of a harvest to run home to mommy. What about our children? They need a father. You got some explaining to do buster, when I get my hands on you, you'll be sorry." She threw her bag, a box of saltines and a cooler of juice into the front of her truck.

"Maggie, where are you going?" Manny asked stunned.

"I'm going to go get him back or kill him. I haven't decided yet." She slammed the door. "Get the last of the beans and the last cull of the barley in for me. I'll be back!" She shoved the truck into drive and left in a cloud of dust. Pinned to her dash was the address and map to get to the object of her ire.

After three days on the cramped bus, John needed sleep before he faced off with his family. He knew that they would all meet for dinner. They always did on Saturdays. It was just the place to face them all down. If he faced them without sleep, someone would die and he couldn't go home and ask Maggie to marry him.

It took Maggie a day and a half of straight driving to get to Portland Oregon. She stopped at a hotel and slept before the last hour of driving. During her trip, she only stopped for potty breaks and to get something to eat. She was running on adrenaline and it had run out.

All during the trip, she tried to figure out if John loved her and was sorry he had to leave, or sorry that he loved her and left. She woke up at four, and started the last leg of her trip.

John was standing at the foot of the table and staring down his family. "What the hell did I ever do to make you hate me like you do?" He asked them.

"We don't...." His mother tried to answer.

"Then why the fuck did you send me this?" He pulled out the invitation. "It wasn't bad enough that you supported them while they cheated on me? You have to send a fucking invitation to their baby shower?"

"I didn't send that!" His mother turned pale.

"John, Jan is your brother and Tabitha is your sister in law. You should be happy for them." His brother Jimmy said in a snide voice.

"She was my wife when they started fucking and he knocked her up the first time."

"What do you expect? She's been in love with him since first grade. It wasn't her fault you decided to leave her all alone and go blow up the sand." Jeremy added.

"I didn't have a fucking choice. I was in the military. You don't get a choice and don't even dare bring up politics. This is about my fucking family stabbing me in the back."

"If it wasn't him, it would have been some else. At least she's still family."

"And I'm not?"

"I'd never leave my sexy wife to do something stupid and useless." Jimmy spat out.

"I've noticed not a one of you have answered my original question. What did I ever do to you to deserve this shit?" He stared them down.

Maggie was standing at the door and heard John yelling. She felt a chill go down her spine as she heard him yell.

"Well, answer the fucking question. Who said it was okay for them to screw around behind my back in my own home? Who said they were right to break my marriage up just because they could keep their cheating hands off each other. What did I do so bad that you allowed it, and supported them while I was watching my friends die? Where is the family loyalty? Fucking answer me! Then to send me this, to rub my face in it. Who do I get to thank for that? Come on; FUCKING ANSWER ME!"

"Shit...!" Maggie said to herself. She never knew that PTSD could work both ways through time. She remembered the night a few days before he left. She also knew that someone's life was in danger if John didn't regain control.

"If you were here to take care of business, it would've never happened." An older voice said and Maggie knew she had to act and fast. First she knocked, and then she pounded. She wanted to kill who said that to her lover. Emotions were boiling inside of her and she couldn't make all the changes she needed to.

"WHAT...?" John flung the door open. "Maggie... what are you doing here? I was only going to be gone a week." He said, stunned to see her.

"And how was I to know that?" She asked looking at him as her heart broke for him.

"I left a note...." He said and opened the door to let her in. She looked fuller and rounder but oh so sexy.

"You mean this note? It was a pit sparse on details; Dear." She took out the note and shoved it at him. "You leave me four months pregnant with a hasty note and I'm not supposed to...?"

"You're pregnant...? You can't be. I haven't been able to ask you to marry me yet." He looked at her and saw where the extra bump was and was flabbergasted. "Oh my god... you are! When did that happen?" She saw the wide eyed look of astonishment and wanted to laugh

"About four months ago... probably at the pond. You knew. You had to know." She said confused. "You were there when the doctor told me."

"I thought that she was just giving you advice because you had been so sick." He started pulling her toward a chair. "You need to sit down."

"I'm fine John. So, what was so important that you had to run off with a lousy note?" She asked resisting his urging to sit down. Her butt was still sore from the drive. "Manny said you got a letter."

"They sent me this." He showed her the invitation.

"So, you haven't kicked their ass for being stupid yet?" She knew by the card and the shouting, who these people were.

"Who's that brass bitch and why is she in this house?" Jimmy asked just seconds before he found himself against the wall.

"That's the mother of my children and if you ever...." Maggie saw John's brother's face start to turn blue.

"John... JOHN! He's not worth it. You have a family to raise and you can't do that from prison." She put her hand on his and looked at him.

"My Angel eyes." He sighed and relaxed his grip. Flicking his brother to the floor he went to Maggie. "Sweetie, you need to sit down and take it easy. No wonder...." He was instantly solicitous.

Myhands316
Myhands316
1,183 Followers