All Comments on 'Infidelity Ch. 01'

by H. Jekyll

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
luvpsyluvpsyover 17 years ago
Slice of Life

This isn't a story, it's a slice of life. The very purpose of fiction is that we can find fulfillment of issues in a story, whereas life often leaves our issues unfulfilled or fulfillment takes a long time to happen. There is no event that opens this as a story. Nothing is put at risk. There is no climactic event that ends it by resolving the issue.

Characters? What characters? "He", "She" they are so featureless you didn't even bother giving them names. "She"

will feel just as undesirable and lonely the next day as she did in all the days before. So will he. Have a cup of tea or unsalted chicken broth. I prefer something a lot spicier.

wishful1wishful1over 17 years ago
Well done . . .

Of course this is a story, both a story in itself and a slice of a larger story. You have a mystery here. If there is never anything else about these two, that's quite all right. The segment stands by itself quite successfully. If there is more to come, it is impossible to say right now if the characters are actually going to consummate an affair. They may proceed further in some way and still never experience the fulfillment of their fantasies. The characters are complex, normal, and very, very human. Your portrayal of the woman as less than the desirable object of thoughtless desire is a master stroke, for every woman can be the object of someone's desire. Good job!

tiger46tiger46over 11 years ago
*5*

Vivid imagery - a much different writing style than other fine authors - but it works. You're able to paint this confused possibly deeply depressed young woman in a way that engenders a bit of sympathy. Well done!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

Thanks for the offering.

Bd4554Bd4554over 9 years ago
This is brilliant

Superbly done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
He, Her, You

She, Him, If, It, When you finished it it sounded like "the war of the pronouns" and nobody won or lost.... so who cared?

katibkatib9 months ago

Second reading, years from the first: fantastic!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userH. Jekyll@H. Jekyll
588 Followers
I'm just a guy who loves sex and loves words. I like stroke stories well enough, but I don't often write them and frankly I think that sex can be the curse of sex stories. I write about what sex means to people, how it hurts and heals them, how they are driven by it, how it dr...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES