Innocent as White Snow

Story Info
That naked time in the snow drifts of Idaho.
2.3k words
4.17
14.8k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
cowboy109
cowboy109
317 Followers

The snow packed thick across the rolling hills. It clung to the trees. There was a solitary in the stationary world outside. The trees slowly appeared to slowly turn as they approached and passed. The muted daylight caused a melancholy to settle. Occasionally, life approached in the form of two round lights with strained yellow, strained from trying to pierce through road-dirtied and ice-glazed headlight glass.

The Tupperware box with mom's cookies rattled occasionally from a bump on the otherwise smooth road across Idaho paid by federal dollars. "Love you, Amber. Come back home soon," said the red post-it note on it. I had nestled into the driver's seat for a long drive. My left foot was on the seat under me. Feeling my knee against my chest gave me comfort, whenever thoughts of my dad welled up in me.

"I'm fine" were his last words. I had held his hands. My insides were tearing up in me. He had always held his feelings inside. A man whom I had known my whole life. A man who had taken life always stoically: "Some years it rains. Some years it don't. You still gots to plow the field. Ain't no mopping helping you out, daughter." I think it's the only way how he could survive the hardships of being a farmer. He didn't have the 401k and paid sick days that my charter school position has. I understand.

Yet, right after those words, the last breath had gone out of him. His eyes opened wide. There had been so much white on those big eyes. His mouth had quivered. Utter panic had across his face. Not a single sound had come out of his empty lungs to tell us about it. The bones in my wrists had felt like hit by lightning. I had thought they'd burst. I had been shaking. And the moment had past.

Every five minutes that scene played again in my head. And then my gaze went out to the wide open landscape, drifted through the snow. The somber half-light was comforting, like it recognized my mood. I'd feel fine for a while, letting my gaze run among the bare trees with the sugar powder cover. There was barely a car to pay attention to. So, I could let myself fall deeply into my inner world. And like puke rearing up from the stomach, I was mentally back in the hospice, sitting on that brown, thinly upholstered dime-a-dozen chair.

At some point in the evening, I still remember how the light felt like it would be the last half-light before it'd completely disappear, I turned onto one of those little unmarked side roads that led to a remote home, a quarry, or nothing at all. The tires started silently crunching the packed snow on the side road, as I left the wet, salty highway. The road twisted a little upslope to a loose stand of pine trees.

The moment felt surreal. The whole life is a smoothly tuned machine. A strict regimen of getting up, blow drying the hair, preparing for annual teacher evaluation, getting drinks with friends. And then I had rare moments in my life, where I'd stepped outside of the machine and watched that finely tuned life of mine from the outside. The life didn't care that I had paused. We'd both gaze at each other. And I'd realize that I could be doing anything. I could simply not show up to teach the next biology lesson about ant colonies. I could instead book a flight to kayak the Bering Sea. I had $600 for the flight in the bank account would else could stop me.

That moment, I became aware of my breath. Instead of chasing thoughts and disciplining myself to hold onto plans, my lungs were expanding. I was sitting in an idling car with the windshield wipers slowly swiping left and right. And I had to decide what to do next. Every little movement, if I'd scratch my nose or decide to go back into the machine and return to the highway was a decision that I had to make.

It was a shock to my stomach to wake up from a slumber that I had been in. I noticed the blond strand of hair in my face. It had been there for hours in the car. I hadn't noticed. I looked out at the snow. I recognized that I had dreamed for hours about the feeling of soft snow, its fluffiness, its innocence. Yet, I had never dared to leave my route to actually touch it and experience it. "What is wrong with me?" echoed through my head. An urgency awoke in me to get up and disappear into the snow.

I pulled my warm, blue wool sweater with the white stitched patterns over my head. My breasts had always been large. It made hugging people awkward. I was here by myself. My big, plain bra followed. Being young, the breasts were in a beautiful teardrop shape. My belly was a bit chubby. I unbuttoned the jeans and squiggled out of them in the tight space between the driver's seat and the steering wheel. I pulled the pink, long socks off. The white pair of silk panties was the last bit that rolled into a bunch and landed on the mud mats of the car, where winter grime had been carried in.

I swung the door open and ran into the snow. I was free. A cold draft immediately grabbed onto my sides. As my steps touched the snow of the road, I rushed to get off the side into the soft snow. With deliciousness, my feet sank deeply into the fluffy snow. My ankles disappeared. My feet didn't feel cold touching the frozen ice crystals. It was more like a sharp pain that stung with each step. Yet, I moved fast. So, my feet only touched for a moment. I was chasing that feeling of softness of innocence that snow evokes.

I got under a pine tree. I looked in awe at the winter landscape in front of me. It was all mine. The rapid movement had gotten my heart beating. The rising heat gave me a new confidence running into the snow. A sense of impending freezing was vaguely settling in at the distance in my mind. A delight of freedom caressed my skin all over my body from being naked. There was so much going on inside of me.

Childhood memories of happiness and play set me into another state of mind. I lurched forward to dive into the snow, to embrace the snow, yes to make snow angels. My mouth was spitting out a wad of snow. My boobs were pressing deep mounds into the snow. My arms and legs were swinging wide. Flakes of snow were melting into water drops on my warm skin from the inside of the car.

I got up with the rush of joy and a sense that the cozy warmth from the car was leaving my body. I wanted to go deeper. I didn't merely want to dip my toes into snow freedom. I wanted to go for it. So, I stepped deeper into the snow drifts, leaving a trail of foot steps behind me.

A certain real clarity started sinking into me from the regular motion of stepping and time to ponder. My logical mind told me that I was stepping farther away from the car with nothing, nothing at all. And the sun had long disappeared the dusk was about to put out its last flickering lights. The bright night of a Northern winter was about to take over.

"Lady," said a firm voice behind me.

I turned around. There were two police officers. The first thing that stuck in my mind were the two golden strings on the high way trooper's brimmed hat. The second thing was that I was utterly naked, baring nipples and a good view of my shaved beaver, that triangle between my slightly chubby thighs.

"Do you know why we followed you?" asked the slightly taller trooper with the thick mustache and his hands on his hips. One hand was resting on his nightstick at the ready to pull it.

"I think you saw me running around naked," I replied weakly. I tried to cover my boobs with the left arm and my groin with the right hand. I looked embarrassed down at my ankles. My white skin was red from the blood flooding the flesh to bring warmth to it. There were white blotches in between the red. My torso was wet from the melted snow angel charade and a thin lather of sweat from my swift walk in the snow. A barely visible smoke was floating away from my skin like breath on a cold winter morning. "I am a devil," dashed across my head seeing myself smoke like that.

"Not only that. We saw you rolling around in the snow and dashing straight out into nowhere. Have you had anything to drink?" asked the mustache haired officer.

"314 is cooperating," said the blond haired cop into the radio on his shoulder.

"No, I haven't had anything to drink." Both cops were staring at my body that started shivering slightly. They looked at me unsure. I let go of my decency and raised my arms to the side. I moved them in a big circle to the front and touched my nose with both index fingers. "See?"

"Do you have a history of mental health issues," asked the mustached cop sternly, the weight shifting on his feet betraying the façade of confidence.

"No, no, I'm a normal girl. I simply visited my ma and my dad..."

"Lady, we are really concerned that you might try to hurt yourself," burst out the blond cop. The red was spreading in his face starting from his nose. The red blotch had the shape of an angel. I realized where my story with my dad would go. I swallowed. My chest was uncontrollably shivering by now. The standing and wet skin had made the thermodynamic reality catch up with my exuberance. My teeth were chattering, making it a real focus to talk. My mind was dulled by what might be beginning hypothermia.

"It's sexual," I blurted out.

"Say what?" quipped the blond cop.

"I, I get off by running around naked. I thought nobody would see me," I stammered.

"Are you saying that you are a freak?" demanded the mustached officer to know. "Are you from some big city?"

"Yes, I'm from Portland," I replied.

"You never know what those city folks will do," said the mustached cop shaking his head. Both cops loosened their stance.

"We can't let you run around naked at night here. Idaho winters are dangerous. You need to come back to the car with us."

They both stepped to the side to indicate for me where to park. My forehead felt frozen by now. I simply wanted to get back to the car and get out of this stupid, very stupid escapade. I hugged my arms around me for warmth. The cops were probably staring at my naked butt now that they felt their glances safe. My feet were painful and numb at the same time. I couldn't feel where I was stepping. I only felt the hard shock in my skeleton when the heels hit the ground.

"Do you do that a lot, running around naked?" asked the blond cop.

"I do it all the time," I lied to keep up the thing that got me out of the jiffy. "Of course, I'm always careful to avoid flashing people. But, waterfalls, lakes, deserted factories, you name it. I'm a total freak."

The mustached cop made a sound of astonishment in his throat. It sounded like a bottle popping open. The throaty, breathy sound stuck with me.

"Missy, you wouldn't mind then if we took a picture of you and me, would you? We don't meet folks like you every day?" asked the blond cop.

"Of course not, that's totally fine," I lied through my teeth.

"Hold up," the blond cop hollered at me.

I turned around. He caught up with me and post next me. He puffed his chest out with a wide stance. To go with it, I stood at his side and put my arm around him in a flirty position and gave the phone camera a big smile. My face was pulsating from heat of embarrassment. I pushed that feeling down as best as I could to play the sexual freak for the two of them.

We walked to the car in silence. The mustached one opened the door for me. I slipped into the driver's seat overly glad. My clothes were in a big pile on the ground. I girded like a snake to pull them on in the confines of the car. The cop was watching me cautiously, while resting on the open door.

"We are going to follow you for a few miles to make sure that you don't turn off the highway and ran back out naked. The county line is fifteen miles ahead," advised the mustached cop sternly.

I nodded real nice like country girls do. I grew up on a farm after all. "I will do, officer." My clothes were a wet mess on me. I blasted the heat, which was still coming cold from the cold engine. I clutched the steering wheel tight. The unlit highway was hard to see in the darkness. The cop car was rolling in the distance behind me. As promised, when we passed the county line, I saw the cops in the rearview mirror cross the median to make a U-turn.

Somewhere in an Idaho police station is a naked photo of me. I bet half the department has been jacking off to me in the station restrooms. I am so mortified at that totally out of character moment in my life. I have never told anyone. So, I'm sharing this anonymously here.

cowboy109
cowboy109
317 Followers