All Comments on 'Is Enough Really Enough? Ch. 02'

by Blue88

Sort by:
  • 156 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
To TMSPTGR3

You are an idiot. It's just a story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Duh

If you have ever lived with a nut case woman you wold know this is a fairyland story. I have and it is not too easy.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 7 years ago
I liked the entire story

I don't know what it is about the Lovng Wives category but it is just loaded with anonymous commentators who take delight in being as nasty as they can to an author and their work. Due to the verbal abuse of this bunch I am surprised any author posts a story in this category. They never have constructive to say about a story. I also note that this bunch, or a similar one lambaste the authors who post stories in the Incest/Taboo category.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Again good writing

And terrible ending with no real answers or delving into the infidelity.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago

"but instead of finding out if this is what she really wants, you just run away." How can anyone entertain this thought rationally? She was pulling away from him for years, he catches her in bed, she doesn't fight the divorce, now this announcement of engagement (which neither know to be false). Gee, I better see if she really does want to move on without me?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Run Not, Shun Not, Gun Hot For Her Honey Pot

Or something like that. This is the only story in recent memory that the runner and shunner hubby isn't so much a jagoff that he ruins the story.

Generally speaking, husbands that run away and nurse themselves like a sissy in diapers disgust me. The drinkers also. Drinking drinking drinking. Sorry, but drunks are pathetic losers.

On the feminine side of this equation it is possible to argue that she was too far gone - damaged meat. Sitting around moping and carping for years is textbook mental derangement plain and simple.

But all you bitch-burners out there don't forget the operative words: in sickness and in health. Then again, the words "cum-soaked slut" or "gobbling thy neighbor's seed" aren't included, either.

If there was one wrinkle in the story and eventual reconciliation, maybe it would be the tortuous three years. Of course, anything is possible. But a three year turnaround is easily more of a stretch than the eventual reconciliation.

Still, the depth that was woven into this story seems to make possible and support the conclusion.

The lovemaking in the hotel was very nicely rendered. And beforehand to allow the reader to accompany the lovely, lithe and sensual french woman as she muses in front of the mirror brought a palpable sense of anticipation to things. But when she was jiggling her way to the dinner table I think a little bit of drool wound up in my lap.

Blue, you are one badass writer. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Run Not, con't...

@Risq

Bro, I think that the "running" label can definitely be misapplied, so your point is well taken in that regard. However, from the point of view of deep-love relationships, even a considerably more heinous transgression than this wife committed might still require a face-to-face.

Sometimes you need to do the hard thing. And that means to rearticulate the relationship and spell out to the spouse exactly why a divorce or any other plan of action is required. To do this will hammer home the truth of the situation to the cheater. Getting things completely squared and off one's chest as well is always the healthy thing, taking for granted that the offending partner is actually capable of rational thought.

Maybe it is the cases where extreme public humiliation is involved are the ones where a swift break is completely justified. After all, any act of infidelity is grounds for divorce. But public humiliation will often require a public response. Public humiliation has a way of affecting one's relationships that are even outside the marriage circle, especially business relationships.

And of course, a swift mil-spec cutoff and divorce can be seen as a necessary act of retribution if one feels compelled in that direction.

What I feel is true for the majority of cases here in the LW section is that, as written, these runner hubbies - the extreme bitchslap, smackdown, clean-break, isolationists have an unmanly self-righteousness baked into their personalities.

And believe me when I say that during these cheating wife stories I pull out a match and a gas can before the first word is even read. I'm ready for crispy bitches every single time.

But I can't go along with some of these "runner" men who have thinly veiled effeminate or princely responses to their problems in life.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 7 years ago
Very romantic.

Some friends he had.

Calling him names, coward even.

With friends like these who needs enemies.

Love isn't enough to rekindle a relationship.

Even some romantics know that.

What about "trust" and "respect". Didn't see

those words often, in this story.

But then again, this is just a story.

Romantic but not realistic.

Love the comment about the "honey pot" though.

Makes my day:).

SimepopSimepopover 6 years ago
Another wimpy ending

Let's looks at the facts! Years of whiny pity party wife, no sex for years with husband, but then falls into bed with another man just "because". I understand loving someone to distraction, but at some point, enough is just really ENOUGH! Going straight back, no slow lead-up, no time to see if she's really changed; and even if so, how about the years of mental anguish she put him through. Let's face it, in this ending, he wimped out.

,

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I swear to God...

...that If I read again the words "bruised male ego" or "stupid pride" when a husband doesn't want anything to do with a cheating cunt, I'm going to kill ther writer.

It seems that some moronic writers doesn't know how to write a believable reconciliation and the only obstacle they see is the ex-husband's supposed pride.

I praise those writers who have the guts to say things as they instead of babbling all these shitty excuses to cover the fact that the cunt betrayed the promises she made and broke his herat and his trust.

Depression is no excuse to cheat. Another stupid RAAC

ErotFanErotFanover 6 years ago
While the beginning was good...

... the ending was better. I thought your reunion meeting with Dee was exquisite; and the coda just beautiful. The reader can easily understand how this marriage will go in the future. After all, with a psychiatrist for a bro-in-law, what could go wrong? (Grin)

Perhaps the muse will prod you to take up Claudette Jourdan's story? How do you think her life would play out after the encounter with Arch?

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 6 years ago
I GET SO FUCKING TIRED OF "THE MAN'S PRIDE SHIT"

Wasn't it her pride and vanity that lead her to cheat. And be he has a little self respect and doesn't want to go through have a cheating wife, then he becomes prideful. No, he just doesn't want to be married to a slut.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Blue88

Sure wish you would post more stories

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Should have told Bernie to fuck off

Why would Arch want to go back to an old, depressed, barren, cheating slut? He already did the right thing and kicked her to the curb when she spread her legs for another man.

Arch was successful, had decent money, and was apparently a reasonable looking guy in decent shape. Finding himself a younger woman to be his broodmare would've been relatively easy and a far more satisfying ending. Then he'd get the family he always wanted that his failure of a wife denied him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Hell of an ending, well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

You seems to have a problem of letting the so called, "friends" interfer with the out come of the divorced males in your stories. Why is that? Sometimes divorced couples need to be left alone, so that they can heal and move on with their lives. Without the outside interference of so called, "friends".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
2* Same Tired Plot and Character Names

Author is in a never ending plot loop with same moronic husband and wife characters.

And WTF Raac??? Reallllly????

Please stop writing until you come up something new.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 6 years ago
Nice

Rished in the end. Still an enjoyable adventure in the infinite tales of the LW's fiction.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 5 years ago
Nicely done.

A fine story, a pleasure to read.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Enjoyed it

Not my favorite LW story but I liked old Arch's story.

Martyr2002Martyr2002over 5 years ago
Here Comes the RAAC, and the Ruin!!!

The ruin of what could have been a good story out of Blue88 for a change

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Not much of a story

Nothing to go with, all so mundane with a lot of melodrama. It is not bad but it does not stand out in any way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

As someone else said, the ending was a little rushed, but I thought it was a fitting ending. Despite what some people might think, not all marriage problems have to end in divorce court. Occasionally a reconciliation can occur. And when it does it usually makes the marriage stronger.

chaoddicchaoddicabout 5 years ago
Beautiful

Well written. A few typos that do affect the reading a little, but the content makes up for it. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
No

He didn't desert her. She deserved everything she got. The reconciliation is plausible, but it didn't require the husband taking the blame for something that was entirely her doing.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 5 years ago
I have just one comment

why is it when a man won't reconcile with a cheating wife, it's his pride. But then when the wife cheated because of her vanity it's forgivable?

AutistAdventurerAutistAdventurerover 4 years ago
Huedogg2 is right and it was a question I was asking.

Whilst I don't subscribe to Huedogg's take no prisoners, relatively unforgiving attitude, the question he asked is legitimate and was one I asked when I got to that part of the story.

Why is it his pride that's at fault? One person's pride is another's self-respect. The self-respect of not taking crap when you've been lied to, ignored and disrespected.

YouamiYouamiover 4 years ago
Huedogg2 nailed this issue well!

I totally agree with Huedogg2s assessment. It would appear that a double standard exists between how most folks view the reaction of men and women. In this tale, the shock of seeing her fucking in the marital bed triggered a near-fatal heart attack. Fuck pride! He needed to deal with her through divorce just to survive. I'm surprised the publication of the stuffed-up society news pic didn't send Arch into oblivion. I think Dee was treated with kid gloves. Not sure how I feel about the ending. Normally the would-be romantic me would have welcomed the warm, fuzzy reconciliation. But I still maintain Dee got off very lightly considering what a complete bitch she had become throughout her marriage.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Sad ending maybe get together but not this way

He carried burden and then left and took it with him

He needs help also more than one day and night etc with one lady

Kind of cliche met and dinner and fuck almost as his ex-wife

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

RaaC endings are ridiculous. Arch depressed after they split up? No, he should be celebrating getting rid of the barren whore!

There is absolutely no reason a successful, handsome guy couldn't replace her in a heart beat! He could get himself an attractive younger second wife and get busy making babies. If this ended realistically, Denise should have ended up a bitter old cat lady, heartbroken to see Arch moving on and having a family.

YouamiYouamiabout 4 years ago

Huedogg2, you were right om the money. The poor guy gets fucked over by his slut wife, has a fucking herat attack for Christ's sake, and no longer trusts her. And it's his fault because of his "foolish pride"?!!!!! WTF!!! For me the finale of this tale fizzled into RAAC territory in a rush to get some sort of positive resolution. It's a real pity as the story had some good bones that could have been put to much better use.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
Wow! Lots of anger in the comments.

It was a lovely story. Was it RAAC? Not on your life. It took him years to get over it. He struggled with his pain as she struggled with her shame. They lost years together and the cost was huge. You wrote two great stories and I thank you for that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
assnomeous!

possible, life can be strange, too long, nothing left to readers mentally image, this comment section, not personal story page....... LOVE slap hapy papy #9

AbctoyAbctoyover 3 years ago
Good read.

If I had known there was going to be a second part ending the story, the first part would have gotten a higher rating. 5*

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

You are a very good writer. I just have a problem with reconciliation with a cheating slut.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This story is a perfect example of blaming the victim. After putting up with her mood swings, he nearly dies when he discovers her cheating on him, so everyone says he should just forgive and forget and go back and continue to suffer. In this case, even government resources are used to manipulate the poor guy. There is nothing more pathetic than a betrayed man saying, "I deserted you once, Dee. I promise, I'll never let that happen again. Will you take me back?" Wear the "Kick Me" sign proudly you poor fool.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"We both know what Arch's problem is - it's his stupid pride." No, its called having relationship deal breakers. When women fail to forgive a cheating husband they're applauded for their strength and courage to drop a cheating rat bastard. When men fail to forgive a cheating wife its because of his stupid pride. This stores just promotes a double standard and that men should allow women to treat them badly and always forgive no matter what. No thanks, men can do better than that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

'Dee, I don't want to be just friends. I do want to be your friend, but also your lover, your confidant, your husband again. I deserted you once, Dee. I promise, I'll never let that happen again. Will you take me back'!

That is one of the most fucked up line of reasoning i have seen...plus the authors constant harping of male pride... so whats wrong in having male pride...atleast its better then having none...

Its not as if his male pride kept jntefering? what about her female pride...that kept her unwilling to accept that she wont have kids and join the mainstream living? No one seems to call out her female pride that made her disregard hubby for so long.? and what about her female pride that made her take a lover to check if she was still desirable? what would u call that? The cause of the issue was not male prude..but female pride( u may call it whatever other name.. ego, hormones, shit etc etc) ...But it was her! not him! and making him say the above sentnce shows the writers feminised bent of mind! Shit on ya!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

At last the author actually finished a story.

To the pathetic below you do realise that this is a story. If your own real life experience is anything like the story then I pity you. However, most of us live in a world of light and not the miserable darkness that your soul inhabits.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Writing way too forced in order to navigate the narrative to the stock conclusion... too many coincidences... he just happens to walk in on the only time she has one cheating moment... not realistic... she had been doing this multiple times and would not have entertained her lover at home in her and her husband's bed without feeling some level of comfort and security... the happenstance of the society picture in the paper is way to convuluted to believe... feels like a beginning and conclusion were predetermined and the rest of the story was directed to and written towards those parameters in a very stilted fashion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice little story, more a romance than a cheating wife. Ignore the idiotic comments from the misogynistic dickheads who think they know more about what the characters did and didn't do that the the person who wrote the story.

If the writer tells us that this was her one and only act of infidelity then it was her one and only act of infidelity. It's legitimate to dislike the use of 'coincidence' or other literary trope but the reader can't argue (as the previous commentator does) that she must have been cheating on regular basis because walking in on her one act of infidelity is too coincidental - so it can't be true.

I suspect that some of the commentators don't actually read the story, they just check whether it has BTB ending and, if it doesn't, they twist (or invent) elements in the story to justify her being 'burnt'.

LA

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Lovely romance 5/5

Cito22Cito22over 2 years ago

A good romance and reconciliation story. I'm happy at the ending. 5 stars

TajfaTajfaover 2 years ago

I liked it. Forgiving her for her one mistake took courage and a good heart. The fact she had been a virtual recluse for 3 years shows real regret for her actions so on this occasion a justified reconciliation.

MikodaMikodaabout 2 years ago

Funny how the cuck/wimp morons are mostly anonymous.

A fair warning this is another reconciliation crap story!

I refrain from rating, it is well written but I despise the contents.

Do you Americans even know what being a "man" means?

AkSh4BloOdAkSh4BloOdabout 2 years ago

Regretting after doing something bad doesn't mean a Shit in Reality.

And Blue as usual like your other stories with happy ending.

I expected to it end like this.

Such a waste.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

another fucking RAAC from a pathetic "man" too foolish to realise he can do better than a damaged hoe with a broken pussy and a worse brain

DrgwngDrgwngalmost 2 years ago

He deserted her? Really? Wtf. Why is there an apology to the open leg wife? However this is where we are headed in society. Women are being taught to assert their sexuality, codeeak for stepping out and hubby is supposed to accept it. All the myriad hotwife just say,hubby cannot satisfy me, and we get cucks apologizing and saying okay, go open your legs for anybody and I will be happy. Dreck.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A waste of time.

He stays with her when she can't give him children.

He stays with her when she makes his life a living hell because she can't handle her infertility.

She cheats on him. Almost kills him in doing so.

And he takes her back.

He is a waste of breath. He should be castrated so that he can't reproduce. It would spare humanity the propagation of his genes. Oh, might be why he was paired with an infertile woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I do enjoy a good RAAC. This is not one of them. The BTB or living a good life afterwards would be a better chapter 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another story about a pathetic man from an author who is probably no better. No pride,no integrity or resolve. How can anyone respect a man such as that..Sorry,but you presented a contradiction with your MC. A successful man with no conviction just does not happen. You again tossed a possible good story into the garbage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great job with this one.!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved the last paragraph.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellent story. Mental illness is rough for both the afflicted and their loved ones. Took 3 years but they reconciled. Some commenters below think it is a waste. Mental illness while difficult to handle is easier to reconcile if the afflicted spouse lashed out and inflicts harm on the marriage, but then afterwards "rehabilitates" and gets better. Forgiveness for the damage is a lot easier in that situation than premeditated adultery or backstabbing. Thr bigger fear was being trapped in her depression spiral again. But seeing she had changed and with the passage of time and the recognition of his own feelings for her, he was able to chart a path back to her. Good for them.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

He goes to Paris and acts like a mope. He meets a stunningly attractive woman, has great sex and then realizes he should take his selfish, depressing ex wife back. Maybe you should have left this story in one chapter...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 22 hours ago

Another five cat lunch lady trying to write about how they imagine adult world would operate.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous