All Comments on 'Is Your Mother Irish?'

by Grey Eagle 286

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Good

Another good story by you.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Not that good...

Too much 'fishing detail' - who cares?

And the sentimental fluff was overdone.

A blow-job in his hospital bed? Unlikely!

Stan

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Cool story, filled with humor and love

Now I do hope you plan a sequel for Bridget's arrival!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
It was like

reading a journal.. of very boring events in every single detail.. Descriptions can be entertaining.. they don't have to be so accurate or somehow not detailed for the senses.. Not to mention that your characters have no development, this almost reminded me of those fill in the blank stories that little kids write or read in grade three. A writer you're not.. but people seem to like it anyways.. so what do I know :P Hopefully unlike me they can tell your stories apart.

bornagainbornagainalmost 17 years ago
Please continue

I would love to read more of this beautiful story i would lov to see if Erin and Sean gets married they are so good together please dont stop.

bornagainbornagainalmost 17 years ago
There Wedding

How come you left the wedding out that is the main piece of the story and the ring where you going to include that ?

Pat

HansTrimbleHansTrimblealmost 12 years ago
Left me wanting more

The old rule with vaudeville comics was "always leave 'em yelling for more" and you followed it to perfection! The story was great but the ending seemed abrupt, and I had the feeling that another chapter or two would feel just right, or at least a couple more pages. As a reformed boat addict, I appreciated the nautical references. Having the girl bring in a marlin was a nice touch. Another was the poetic flip flop when you tended to her when she was feeling worn out from fighting the fish, and then she cared for you while you were sick.

If you were expanding this into a novelette, it would be interesting to flesh out the mother into a full-blown character, and perhaps one of the brothers. But mind you, I'm not complaining; I loved it!

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Time loses meaning -

When you let them jump from hello to happily ever after in 10 minutes lol

Love at first sight happens but not every time heh

A lot of fun and the scenery sounds perfect - except it seemed to be on the Gulf coast not the Atlantic side of Fla which is the best - of course.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
One fishing trip...

and they’re in LUV? Get real.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Luck o'the Irish?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous