It Didn't Work Out Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
-Ripley-
-Ripley-
1,310 Followers

Relatively often one or the other of them would move their head just a little closer together. It didn't last long and they never kissed, but no one seeing them would fail to recognize that they were a couple. Sian seemed to be able to get Bridget to laugh with very little effort. Every once in a while the bell-like tone of her laughter made its way all the way up to Don. It reminded him of how he hadn't heard that in a while when it was just the two of them. He felt a moment of wistful envy that Sian was making her feel that way. He thought that he would have to try a little harder to make sure that was part of Bridget's life with him too.

Before he really could finish that thought, Bridget leaned over and brushed her lips against Sian's. It was just a spontaneous little kiss that didn't last more than a half a second. For Don though, it was the first time he had seen his wife kiss a woman with other people around. He felt a surge of excitement pulse down to his dick. After getting a delighted smile, Sian leaned over and gave Bridget one back. This time it lasted just a little bit longer. They stopped there but Don could see the excited look in Bridget's eyes.

"Sian must really be getting to Bridget," Don thought. "She looks like she can hardly wait until they get in the dark at the theater." Unfortunately the waiter came to bring them their salads and Sian withdrew her hand from under the table and the two of them started to eat. Don sighed. "Just when things were getting good," he thought.

As it was, the timing wasn't bad. His own waitress was bringing his meal. He spent the next few minutes getting settled and starting to eat. When he looked back down, he saw that they had switched to wine. It was a red and Don wondered what Sian had ordered. He was sure it must be good. She was saying something to Bridget. When she finished, they touched their glasses together and took a drink. Sian's eyes closed for a second as she obviously savored the wine. Bridget's eyes, on the other hand, stayed open and fixed on Sian. She had a very tender look on her smiling face. When she put her wine down, she automatically reached her hand out. Just as automatically, Sian's hand opened to take it.

They continued to talk. Every once in a while, Bridget would let go of Sian's hand so that she could take a bite of her salad. Neither one of them were in a real hurry. There was still a lot of time before they had to be at the movie. They still had some salad left when their meals were brought out to them.

By now the conversation was very animated. This was more like what Don was used to when he had been around them. They clearly were having a great time together. It was different than when he was with them though, Don thought. Sian and Bridget were always careful to include him in their conversations. If she was just one of Bridget's friends, Don thought Sian would probably be his favorite. They shared more interests than was typical so they always had a good time talking. While Sian and Bridget might touch, it wasn't like this.

Tonight their focus was just on each other. It wasn't possible to hold hands while eating but still they managed to frequently touch. Sometimes in between bites, one of them would reach over and stroke the other's arm. That always got a smile; occasionally it got a return caress; and every once in a while, they would lightly kiss for just a moment. Neither one of them ever let it get out of hand. There was nothing sexual about what they were doing. If Don had eyes for anyone else in the restaurant, he would have noticed several other couples doing the same thing; straight couples. He did occasionally look around when they did it. No one seemed to even notice. It was no longer that unusual, even in a mainstream restaurant.

Despite the fact that what Sian and Bridget were doing was quite restrained and unnoticed by those around them, Don found it incredibly exciting. It was his wife kissing her lesbian lover in public! His cock was rock hard and he wished it was possible for him to stroke it. A little unsure that he wouldn't do it without even knowing it himself, Don kept his hands on the top of the table.

When Don finished his dinner, he ordered a scotch for dessert. He had the waitress bring the bill. He paid in cash and told her to keep the change. It was a much larger tip than normal to make up for occupying the table that long. She gave him a very big smile as she thanked him. For a moment, his attention was distracted from downstairs. She was awfully cute and he liked the way her eyes sparkled when she smiled. He idly wondered if he tried, whether or not he could get her phone number. Then he laughed at himself. "I'm a married man," he reminded himself as he returned his attention to his wife and her lover. Cheating on Bridget just wasn't in his make-up.

The two women were starting to get close to finishing their dinners. In fact it looked like Bridget was done. Her fork and knife were neatly laid across her plate and she had moved a little closer again to Sian. She was resting her head on Sian's shoulder as she watched Sian finish eating a few bites. It looked like Sian had her free hand back down under the table on Bridget's thigh. Don felt that surge of arousal again as he thought about how his wife was being felt up by her lover in public. He wondered how far Sian was going in teasing Bridget. Was her hand just on the inner thigh or had she moved it up so that she could run her fingers over Bridget's mound? From the way Bridget's eyes slowly closed with her head against Sian, Don guessed that Sian was pushing the envelope. He was sure of it when he saw Sian turn to look at Bridget and get a big smile.

When Sian put her fork down, Don realized that they were finishing. As much as he wanted to keep watching, it was time for him to head over to the theater. It was important to the whole night that he wasn't seen by either Bridget or Sian. He didn't want them to have any reminders that he was observing. It was more exciting to him that way. Don downed the rest of his scotch and then grabbed his jacket off the back of his chair. He slipped it on before he stood up. He was very aware of just how erect he was. His jacket would help hide that when he stood up. As he got to his feet, Don looked down one last time. Sian's hand was still between Bridget's legs. He wished he could watch to see how it ended. Hopefully there would be some action at the theater to make up for it. He turned and made his way towards the door.

It had been a nice evening so far, thought Bridget. Don wasn't anywhere on her mind. She and Sian had both enjoyed the food, even sharing it. Bridget loved putting some on her fork and putting it into Sian's mouth. Sian did it for her too, but Bridget liked to pretend that it was harder to do than it was. If she didn't get a little bit on Sian's face, Bridget was disappointed. She liked to watch Sian try and lick it off. Sian was too nice to try and do the same to her.

Now that dinner was done, Bridget was enjoying just sitting next to Sian. It felt reassuring to have Sian's hand on her thigh. It was just resting on the top of her leg, but it helped emphasize to Bridget that the two of them were a couple. No matter that they were two women; it was just a normal couple thing to do. She closed her eyes and made a happy little sigh.

At the sound of Bridget's sigh, Sian turned to look at her. She felt a smile spread across her face. Sian loved moments like this. It was just the two of them being together. Don didn't matter. Being gay in a straight world didn't matter either. As long as she could make Bridget sigh like that, Sian felt that they had a chance. She could ignore all the obstacles.

"That was really good," Bridget said as she lifted her head up off of Sian's shoulder. "I obviously picked the best thing on the menu," she said with a grin.

Sian sighed in a fake exasperated way. "We always want the same thing and I always let you get it, so of course it is the best thing. I get stuck with second best, if that!" They both giggled. It was a running joke with them and usually true. Bridget had a knack for picking the tastiest dish on the menu and it was often the same thing that Sian wanted. Always deferring to Bridget, Sian would pick out something else which wasn't quite as good. She didn't mind, but she liked to tease Bridget about it. What made it even funnier was that when Bridget did pick something else, she had yet to get a dish that she really liked.

As the giggles faded away, Bridget looked at Sian. The happy look from laughing stayed on her face and her eyes had a dreamy look. "I love you, my darling Sian," she softly said. "I always feel happy when we are together."

Sian felt a familiar intense feeling in her heart. It was hard to take a breath when she felt that. In so many ways, she had never been in a relationship like this. She had been in love before but she didn't think it had ever been this intense or this deep. Even though Bridget wasn't hers alone, Sian knew that she was totally Bridget's. There were moments when Bridget was with Don that were miserable, but never when they were together. Sian did her best to keep those bad moments private, hidden away from Bridget.

"Bridge, you make me happier than anyone has. Ever," Sian said in the same soft tone.

They sat there looking into each other eyes until they became aware of the waiter standing by their table. Sheepishly they both looked up at him. He had an understanding smile on his face.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but you mentioned that you needed to get out of here by 7:15 to make your movie. I brought the bill over because it is getting a little close to that," he told them.

Glancing at her phone, Sian realized that he was right. She pulled out her credit card and handed it to him. While he was running the card, she picked up her wine glass. They both had a little bit in it. Sian raised her glass to Bridget.

"To the best thing that has happened to me," Sian said and then touched her glass to Bridget's.

For a moment, Bridget was quiet. She thought about what Sian had said. As nice as it was, there was a small part of her that was sad. It tugged at her that Sian's best relationship was also one that was not fulltime. If Don had said it, Bridget would have just smiled and said thank you. Without even thinking about it, she might have echoed the sentiment. That triggered another thought. For which of them would it be true for her? It was to unnerving to go down that road. She tried to push the question out of her mind.

"Thank you, my Darling. I am so very lucky to have found you," Bridget finally said before drinking the last of her wine. If Sian noticed the delay, she gave no sign of it.

When the bill was paid, they got up and put on their coats. Unlike when they came in, they left holding hands. As they walked to the theater, Bridget's mind slipped into comparing being out with Don and with Sian. Don often wanted to touch her in ways that crossed the boundaries for being in public. What could be a simple caress would be pushed into something that was vaguely sexual. She endured it sometimes while other times she slapped his hand and told him to stop it. With Sian, she always seemed to know where to stop. There were times, like when they went dancing, when Bridget was willing to push her own borders. But when she was on a romantic dinner date, Bridget loved that Sian acted romantic. She didn't feel like Sian was trying to seduce her into bed all the time. She let them enjoy the moment.

It wasn't a long walk to the theater but it was a cold and damp night. It wasn't raining at the moment but the air was moist enough that the cold penetrated through their clothes. Bridget pushed closer to Sian who put her arm around Bridget. It helped a little bit for the cold. It did more for Bridget's romantic feelings. She turned to give Sian a little kiss on the cheek.

"Your nose is cold, Bridge!" Sian said with a little chuckle. "But I like any kisses from you!" Her arm tightened just a little around Bridget.

"I like whenever I can kiss you, Sian!" She looked wonderful to Sian. The cold made her cheeks rosy and her eyes were sparkling. Her curls were still framing Bridget's face. Sian was not so shallow as to get too hung up on beauty but she was still amazed at how she had found such a beautiful girlfriend.

Having gotten their tickets online, they just went into the theater when they got there. "Shall I get you some popcorn?" Sian asked Bridget. She smiled when Bridget got an embarrassed look on her face. She was a popcorn junkie. Even though they had just finished a nice meal, she would happily eat a tub of the stuff. Sian didn't love it as much but it was one of those moments when the little girl Bridget once was shone through. Sian always thought she looked cute when it happened. She laughed and said, "I will take that as a yes." Bridget nodded and gave Sian a little kiss.

Out of the corner of her eye, Sian got a glimpse of a guy looking at them. Usually when that happened, it was for one of two reasons. More often than not it was someone like Don who found the thought of two women together to be exciting. It was like they were moths drawn to the flame. It was always a little creepy but Sian had gotten used to it over the years. The other reason was when they were disgusted. From the way that he averted his eyes before Sian even looked at him, she was pretty sure that his reaction was the latter. It didn't happen too often. They were fortunate to live in an area that was more than tolerant. It was really gay-friendly. And Bridget had yet to experience an ugly scene. Thankful for that, Sian just tried to ignore him. At the same time, she didn't return Bridget's kiss. She had friends who would push it in a hater's face. That wasn't her. Sian preferred to avoid a possible confrontation, especially when she was with Bridget.

Bridget hadn't noticed the guy at all. She wasn't quite as attuned to it. She clung to Sian's arm and chatted away. She was excited to see the movie. It had been out a while and she was hoping they would get to see it before it left the theaters. Although she hadn't completely forgotten about Don being there, it was easy to just pay attention to Sian. And the more that she talked, the less likely that it was for Bridget to think about their being watched.

It became harder as they walked to the theater. In order to make sure that Don got a good view of them, they had agreed to sit in a certain area while Don would sit in the corner. Sian and Bridget knew exactly where Don was going to be sitting. As they went into the entrance of their screen, Sian felt Bridget's fingers tighten around hers. She put her lips right next to Bridget's.

"Just remember, you are with me," Sian told her in a whisper.

"I'm with you," was Bridget's reply. When they made the turn into the seating area, Bridget felt how tight her neck was. Picking out their seats in the right area, she kept her attention on them the whole way there. She would not allow herself to look over where Don must be. Even when turning to sit down, Bridget was careful to turn in a way that wouldn't make her face Don's corner. She sat down next to Sian who took the seat furthest in. Don had wanted to be able to see Bridget better so she needed to be the closer one.

Once seated, they snuggled together and Sian put her arm around Bridget. That earned her a little kiss on the cheek. Bridget reached over and took Sian's other hand in hers. She smiled at the reassuring squeeze that Sian gave her. Giving Sian another little kiss, Bridget said in her quiet voice, "I am with you, Darling."

"Yes you are, Baby," Sian said as she turned to Bridget to give her a little kiss. She too avoided looking up in the corner where Don was seated. She did however notice the man from before walking up to find a seat. He was with a woman. Sian assumed it was his wife. While Sian tried to ignore him, she saw him nudge the woman and point over at her and Bridget. Internally Sian made a little sigh. Turning away she just tried to concentrate on being with Bridget.

As the previews started to play, Don paid no attention to them. All of his attention was on Sian and Bridget. It wasn't a large theater so he had a pretty good view. Even as the lights started to come down, they were pretty well lit up from the screen. He could see how Bridget was snuggled up close to Sian. Most of the time, Sian's arm was just around Bridget's shoulder. But occasionally she reached up and stroked Bridget's neck. Every time that she did that, Bridget would turn with a smile. Sometimes she would kiss Sian's cheek while other times she would nuzzle her a little. At one point she whispered into Sian's ear and then Don could see her giggle while Sian gave her a little look. As she stopped laughing, they exchanged a brief kiss.

Don couldn't tell what they were doing with the hands that were in their laps but he had a good idea. From the way that Sian was touching Bridget in the restaurant where it was lighted, she must be willing to do more in the semi-privacy of a dark theater. The movie had been out long enough that it was only about a third full. There was no one in their row on the side closest to him and only two on the side further away. They were on the very end so Bridget and Sian had a fair amount of space.

Part way through the movie as Sian was lightly stroking Bridget's neck, Don saw his wife turn to look at Sian before moving to kiss her cheek again. At that moment, Sian turned to look at Bridget. Their lips met. It hadn't even been intended but once it started, the kiss continued. Her hand continued up behind Bridget's head and pulled her close. Don could see their mouths opening and tongues beginning to explore. They didn't seem aware of anything else. Their complete attention was on each other. Bridget's fingers were up on Sian's cheek, lightly holding her. She shifted slightly to make it easier to face Sian. As she did so, the long kiss ended but it was followed up by a series of shorter kisses. Each one ended with their lips lingering together. Finally the kiss just ended but they continued to look at each other. It was hard to see well but Don's imagination filled in the missing pieces for him. He felt his cock strain against his pants as he watched them look at each other with lust.

It was impossible but he wished that they could just start to make love right there. Don thought his cock would explode if he actually saw his wife give into her lesbian passions in public. As it was they turned back to watch the movie. They shifted again so that Bridget was cuddling up even closer to Sian with her head back on Sian's shoulder. For a long time, they didn't do anything else. Bridget had a smile on her face that didn't go away.

Even though Sian's hands were clearly in Bridget's lap, Don wondered if she was still playing with Bridget's mound. Maybe the thought of getting caught was too much for her and she decided to play it safe. He sighed. His hand was lightly rubbing his crotch but without anything to see, it wasn't quite the same. Hopefully there would be at least a little more action.

Unfortunately nothing more happened beyond a couple of small kisses. They didn't last long and seemed to just be affirming their feelings rather than building any passion. As the movie came to an end, Don was a little disappointed. He was also glad of his long shirt and jacket. While he hadn't cum, there was a spot on the front of his pants where his pre-cum had soaked through. As the lights came up, he carefully adjusted things so that it was covered up.

Bridget had enjoyed the movie. It was as good as the reviews led her to expect. One of the female stars was gorgeous and her costumes perfectly accented her body. There was a point early in the movie when it became clear just how much of her body the director was going to expose. Bridget had whispered a naughty suggestion about what she thought Sian would like to do to the actress. While Sian laughed, she responded that Bridget was the only person that she wanted to do that to. They had kissed and then went back to watching the movie. Being reminded of Sian's faithfulness to her gave Bridget mixed feelings. It felt wonderful of course that Sian cared so much for her but at the same time it bothered Bridget that she could never give her the same reassurance. Even when Don wasn't hovering on the edge, there was still another person in her life. Neither Sian nor Bridget could ever completely forget that.

-Ripley-
-Ripley-
1,310 Followers