All Comments on 'It Doesn't Matter Why'

by leapyearguy

Sort by:
  • 249 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

Awesome idea! Well done!

Ocker53Ocker5325 days ago

I’ve read this story a few times now and it has made me smile each time⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

26thNC26thNCabout 1 month ago

Great story. Brad and Janet got just what they deserved.

Elias1Elias1about 2 months ago

Five stars easy... I love this writer...he had a talent with dialogue writing to create character persona with creative humor.... I miss his writing.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbosabout 2 months ago

People need to lighten up. It was a funny story!! 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

All's fair in love and war -- and that goes double if it's both at once!

Good story (whether likely, or not)!

fredbrownfredbrown2 months ago

If only that plan would work it would sure be fun to be the SOB. When my ex split I only had paltry funds in my pocket and she took that on her way out. Our hero moved megabucks out of the country and I had meagers for bus fare .....

bacchant2bacchant23 months ago

I really liked it although there could have been more filling. The wife needed to know the mc did it to her. Some of your anon comments make it humorous though.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19693 months ago

I'd have liked an explicit wrap up on the adulterers.

As it is, this is how I see it playing out.

She was charged and temporarily suspended from her job pending her trial. When it was discovered her ex fled the country, and when combined with the severity of the injuries, the investigators switched their focus to the ex-husband.

Due to her high security clearance and the destination chosen by the ex-husband, the investigation was viewed as a national security threat and more powerful assets were put to use to find the ex-husband and bring him back for questioning. He was eventually charged and incarcerated, ending up with a violated asshole the size of a silver dollar.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Ok this is fiction, but now way he pulls this off. Not remotely believable. Je is seen drinking with the guy every night. There is a history. And the moron blames Janet? What evidence? Her rolling pin? Please...

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The ending was pretty flat. Good story though.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Too depressing to this female.

dgfergiedgfergie8 months ago

Pretty good plan for the BTB.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

perfect ending .

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good story, although the ending was incomplete.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well written but the main character is not only a cuckold but is an abusive bully as well. I await the sequel where he loses all his money in a crypto-currency scam and has to survive in a cramped apartment with Brad while Janet uses her security contacts to terrorise her two former partners. Revenge is a bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Really? The wife couldn't be bothered to protect her money? 👇

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Novel approach; didn't see the ending coming. And I'm sure neither did she. Nice short story- almost too short not telling what happened for the wife to fall for another man. 4 stars Bob

StubbyoneStubbyoneover 1 year ago

Love this humorous little gem. They both got just what they deserved. Great writing.

5-😊😊😊😊😊

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

For those wondering where Janet's punishment was a) She lost her reputation. b) She ended up without her security clearance. c) She ended up out of work. d) She ended up with jail time and a criminal record. e) she ended up virtually penniless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Confusing? Yes, I'd say so. Pros and cons as to to how he handled it. It doesn't matter, the nationality, all guys have different ideas on how to to get even for wife's infidelity, so calm down. Whether you agree or not isn't an issue, it's his business. There are no right or wrongs; it is how you feel when it's done. Then it's how it's written. Good job. Keep writing.

XYZ

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
What

What a load of crap.The only realistic fact is his wife leaving him for Brad (no reason given),the rest including the beatings is pure nonsense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story, but a little short on the ending. What was the aftermath?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Once again another cheating wife goes unpunished. Zero remorse,zero accountability, zero penance! Grow a pair and make the cheating whores actually pay for their actions!

jimjam69jimjam69over 1 year ago

That's a good one! Wasn't even a good match, hubby won all the battles and the war.

Norseman123Norseman123over 1 year ago

Great story keep them coming love the revenge

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Never thought about it...can you have a rolling pin in your carry on bag?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

xhristianj

"It Doesn't Matter Why"

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

So he's running away because if there's no assets or money prior to a divorce they legally can't touch it there was no reason to run away.

pantylvr2pantylvr2over 1 year ago

awesome story. I loved it

CaptFlintCaptFlintover 1 year ago

I love the blatant deviousness of the MC. Living well is the best revenge, leaving carnage in your wake is a close second. Good story.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

no love, no emotion, no reason why these ppl were married

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When a spouse leaves another unexpectedly, the victimized member will do whatever they can to get back in the good graces of the other, even taking responsibility for the problems in the marriage. The best thing that one could do, as specified in this story, is to let the offending wife think that you are happier without her. That is what is so great about this story. Husband comes home to empty house, wife has left his for his neighbor, man loses, wife, neighbor, friends, all self respect and esteem. But in this case transfers everything over to the offending parties. He can always find a new wife, and a new neighbor but his actions restore his self respect, something he couldn't have done otherwise. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Logistically idiotic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A rolling pin is usually made out of the best, heavy hard maple. Nonetheless, one does not risk injury to it by such treatment. a baker's husband would know this. A funny story, but let's leave, "bearing false witness," to the bad guys, and keep the victims a bit more honorable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Solid work start to finish. Liked it.

Survivor3306Survivor3306almost 2 years ago

Great premise. Never seen a revenge plot like this before. Very believable that it could work in destroying their relationship because she cannot prove her innocence in terms of not beating the passed out boyfriend or her lack of sex given to the previous husband. She would eventually get her security clearance reactivated because there is no proof to convict her. But all this trouble would seriously mess up her life. 5 stars - great job!

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germanyalmost 2 years ago

If it had to be soda I'd made it a Dr.Pepper Cherry

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

only diet mtn dew on the beach would have been better.

Diecast1Diecast1about 2 years ago

Nice story. AAAA++++

Sam37Sam37about 2 years ago

I don’t usually go for BTB stories. This one is an exception. Clever!

Sam37Sam37about 2 years ago

Some of the commenters questioned the house sale. I assumed the property was in his name. Yes, she would legally be entitled to some of the proceeds (depending on the state), but her signature and presence are unnecessary during the sale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Do the ends (she receives retribution) justify all the illegal practices. The "hero" is the anti-hero and like Satan in Genesis 3, the lowest of the low who should crawl on his belly and eat dirt forever. Tee! hee!

Clever writing, though!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Pies, huh? Good one!

IFAFILHGIFAFILHGabout 2 years ago

So much fun to read... I guess you really do reap what you sow!! 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, and almost believable

pantylvr2pantylvr2over 2 years ago

lol, i loved it. great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hilarious.

fredbrownfredbrownover 2 years ago

OK, this one left me laughing. As a man on marriage #3, I enjoyed this one and wish I could have pulled this off dealing with my first two wives! Love the story, the humor and now - off to the next story. Thanks .......

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

4 stars for this story.

I really appreciated the revenge the husband got on the ASSHOLE, as well as the BITCH being left in jail.

It was great as far as it went, BUT the ending kind of sucks.

Maybe FTDS should add his two cents worth and make a proper ending with a few more details?????

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The story's title - "It Doesn't Matter Why" strikes to an essential part of the whole cheating enchilada.......Why do people Cheat? The answer is much simpler then most people think. People cheat because they can! So, you think you need more detail than that? Well, People cheat because of greediness, because of narcissism, because of a lack of empathy for others affected by their shit decisions. They cheat because they value the ego stroking of all the illicit sex with an affair partner more than they value your well-being. But the reasons simply boil down to — greed, opportunity, and not fucking caring.

One very common mistake the the relation partner of a cheater makes is believing that the WHY is way more complicated than it is. They will invest all their energy in a pointless exercise trying to figure out the cheater and their motivations asking why they are this way or why that way, instead of asking themselves the harder and more important question of — why am I hanging around this megabitch who doesn't give a shit about me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story, I was hoping a little more at the end.

fredbrownfredbrownover 2 years ago

Oh come on now, I'm thinking leapyearguy is leapyeargal. Only a ex-wife could come up with a plan this devious/dirty/underhanded - and funny!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Again...we get the whole story about the guy...but it's the wife who's cheating...and their is a whole nother story here...Right...but their isn't...is their........

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartalmost 3 years ago

A good 5 star story but really cut off at the best part, was hoping to see the aftermath of the MC's revenge.

Ocker53Ocker53almost 3 years ago

Second read thru and I enjoyed it more than the first time⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Anallicker01Anallicker01almost 3 years ago

Well written, enjoyed the story "bunches"! Great revenge! Would have liked to learn why she decided to leave her husband though!

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 3 years ago

i little of the fallout would have been nice this just left me wanting

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

"The best plan of attack is that of deceiving your enemy into defeating himself!"

MountainMan1336MountainMan1336almost 3 years ago

LOL I loved it, great story.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Again, Brad got his meat head beaten and the bitch ex got burned. Perfection.

kirei8kirei8about 3 years ago
Has anyone ever

written a continuation of this story in the last 13 years ??? I'd love to read it!!

trandall9991trandall9991over 3 years ago

Should've been longer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
That was fun...

clever flash

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

Gotta love a man with a plan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Burnt

to a crisp

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Stupid

Don’t bother

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5stars

I always give 5 stars when pay back is a bitch. LOL!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Lame.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
No way

Having Janet just moved in with him,there is no way Brad would be in the bar every night.

Helen1899Helen1899over 3 years ago
Not even funny

He still loved her, he was rotting away inside, after his revenge what did he have nothing. The story about how he got away stealing her share of the money and the house didn't ring true, as a story it was a waste of time reading it. Nobody is as thick as Brad was portrayed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
How does he sell the house without the wife also signing the deed?

Even if he owned it before the marriage, after 15 years of marriage, the wife has an interest in any appreciation since the marriage. Even if there’s no appreciation, no title insurance company would write a policy of title insurance without the wife signing off on the deed, and anybody buying would be a fool to purchase without title insurance.

Impo_64Impo_64almost 4 years ago
Short, very funny and to the point...

Short, very funny and to the point...Needed nothing more...4*

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
There

There is no way Brad would have fallen for that routine after a couple of nights Brad would have challenged Janet about the beatings.

dthakerdthakeralmost 4 years ago

Whoa...

Well sirs...you damn well made me smile...smile with pleasure.

Devil in me salutes you!!!

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
To answer Anon below

"well, how could anyone have a security clearance government or private company, if they are willing to be a cheater?"

I've had more than a few job interviews in my life, but have yet to hear "Do you have any references from your previous job, and by the way, have you ever cheated on your wife/girlfriend?"

Besides, in many government jobs, it's almost a prerequisite to be untrustworthy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
well

well, how could anyone have a security clearance government or private company, if they are willing to be a cheater?

Sort of means they are not trustworthy doesnt it?

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 4 years ago

Wonder when Brad and Janet went to Denton for the Annual Translyvanian Convention? It sure was a rainy night. I guess that adventure might have started Janet on the slide to sluthood. I heard her tits were pretty much identical to a young Susan Sarandon. Rocky says "Hi".

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 4 years ago
Really asinine story

This was a truly worthless story. I lost any hope when the husband sold the house without the wife's knowledge. That is an impossibility as no one would buy any real estate without the signatures of both husband and wife.

Then, the intelligent wife does not see assets disappearing?

Pure crap this story.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Yep

BTB at its finest!!!

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Like it again

Perfect set up. He gets to kick Brad's ass and blame it on Janet. Two birds with one rolling pin.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
5 stars loved it cheaters punished and he went on little bit concerned about his drinking at first

I don't understand why anyone would want to drink more than a drink or so until revenge is planned and carried out

Plan

Protect assets

What punishment and steps required

Any former friends need to be included aided and abetted

Rest of life?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
hmm

security clearance was in trouble the minute she cheated.

Would you trust her?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I often wonder if Dark2Dumbass's mom yells at him to get off the computer when it's past his bedtime.

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Great one!

That's a dandy story. No whining, no crying, just some quick action using his brain. Really worked out well!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow kmreader

You are male, from Texas and straight! You are still anonymous, idiot! If you want to make your comment then you should have included an email address and phone number. If you don’t provide those then you are just as anonymous as me.

kmreaderkmreaderover 4 years ago
Anon

Anon’s always got something to say. Pony up for an account and stand behind your statements. I know it’s expensive and all...😏....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
hint for the author

if you are going to delete comments be sure to delete the comments that address/respond to the comments you delete

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Reading again

This.is an excellent little flash story. Got away clean.

GoesGruntGoesGruntalmost 5 years ago
@ Anon 05/27/19

Amazing set of unsupported assumptions you have there. You maybe cheat and not get forgiven? Maybe you haven't been married, or not for long anyway?

Have any evidence she did anything to "maintain the marriage"? All too often the reason the husband is the last to know is because of trust, as in his for her. If she isn't happy it isn't his job to read her mind. It's her job to tell him. If she didn't she failed, no excuses.

Mike: "I bet my life on her, she got every thing from me that I had to give."

Sounds like a guy who was trying to me. A guy who's committed to keeping his promise. Maybe Mike didn't do the right things, but it was Janet's job to tell him that so he had a chance to fix it or for them to decide together that marriage was a mistake. If he didn't see it coming she damn well didn't tell him it was.

A marriage of many years gets quiet, slow, boring. It has very likely built up frustrations over the imperfections you both have. You've talked everything to death. You've tried everything you're brave enough to ask for. Sure you can rekindle excitement, but it takes way more work than finding someone new who is exciting. With someone new they're exciting just because they're new and you're learning all about them. With someone you've lived with for twenty years you have to overcome all the arguments and frustrations of life AND find something new to share.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
I enjoyed that more than I should.

It's all very improbable, but that was fun! I actually wish it were reality. That was a fun read. Thank you.

GrimmerGrimmerabout 5 years ago
ROTFLMAO

sweet!!!

To Detroit - have you ever seen a drunk toddler? 😁

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Can't Take a Joke

Some people don't have any sense of humor at all. Well, kiss my ass, I enjoyed it anyway, good job. Signed: BTW

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous