It Just Could Not Be!

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

So much so that Mark was falling behind trying to fix things, then his boss Gerald decided to have someone give him a hand.

His divorce was barely final the day he met Kathy.

One look at Kathy and Gerald realized she was perfect. Mark could handle most things, the difficult ones with a male boss he let Kathy pour on the sex appeal, the smiles.

Kathy was personality 101, and she had the ability to command attention dressed in normal business clothing. She always managed to have even the crabbiest customers smiling before she was done with them.

Things were fine the first few months, Mark was used to her quickly. She dressed nice, she looked nice, if anyone on the planet was a perfect personality, it was Kathy. Slender but mildly soft looking and with a delightful hint of sexuality, Mark got along with her famously. Within a few short months of working with her periodically, he realized she never missed anything.

He found that he liked her, enjoyed being around her, working together.

No way in hell would he touch her, though.

Mark was at a stage in his life where he was not about to touch any woman ever again, at least he thought so. Not in any kind of close relationship, anyway.

Mark hated women, his experience with Jasmine had soured him almost completely on them. But being used to regular and somewhat animated sexual activity with Jasmine left a big hole, so Mark even tried a couple of times with hookers. That was easy, in his business he ran into quite a few ladies of the evening. Fancy hotel lounges all had their fair share around.

He quickly realized it was just as much fun to jack off, and it cost way less. He just wasn't into sex for the sake of sex, he always managed to perform but it also left him feeling like something was missing.

Watching a woman pick up some cash and stuff it in her purse and leave after an hour or two of pretend lovemaking left him emotionless.

Now that he was traveling with Kathy about half the time, he found himself approached far less. The truth there is she looked far more expensive than most of the typical working girls.

They shared quite a few meals and conversations. He listened as she talked about a few boyfriends and her troubles with finding anyone that was a "keeper" as she called it. He told her about his problems in his first marriage, skimming over his reactions to it all.

She didn't ask anything about that, Mark had a feeling she knew though. But she showed no signs at all of being afraid of him, instead she appeared to be perfectly at ease with him.

In just a few short weeks they became fast friends, not one time was there any more than just that.

+++

Yes, things were fine, until that one trip to Chicago. They had gone to the hotel to check in, somehow the desk had screwed up the reservations.

They had just one room left, and some crazy convention in town, as a dozen calls to other facilities all showed full up. Mark told Kathy to go ahead and take it, he would just park himself in the lobby.

"Oh, don't be silly. You can room with me, we are both adults. Besides, you don't have a wife to get suspicious, and I don't have a husband so who cares?"

The room was not what he was used to, either. Normally he got a suite, this was just a room. There was a small couch, way too small to sleep on. He even tugged on the bottom of it, hoping it was a day bed, but it wasn't. One single chair, one table, a phone and a TV set.

And one bed.

Mark was sitting in the chair tapping away on the laptop when Kathy came out of the bathroom, her hair damp and hanging in dripping strings, a bath towel wrapped around herself. It was the first time he had ever seen her with no makeup, her face and skin scrubbed.

It was also the first time he felt himself react from looking at her, for some reason being fresh and squeaky clean, normal, she looked wonderfully sexy. It didn't help his situation one bit that he was sure she was naked underneath that fuzzy bath towel. It covered her body, but that is all it did.

He gulped, took a deep breath and glanced away.

"Your turn!" She smiled, taking over the chair as soon as he got up.

In the shower, Mark picked up the single bar of soap, he looked at it and lifted it to his nose, getting just a hint of the smell of her. There was a tiny hair embedded in the soft bar, he picked it off and held it in his fingertips for a moment before dropping it. The hair was short and curled, he knew what that was. He felt himself go fully erect, struggled to get that under control.

After all, Kathy was his fellow worker, it just would not do to have thoughts like that about her.

It flashed into his mind to masturbate, but Kathy was right there, outside the door. He was afraid she might hear, know what he was doing.

So he washed the bar of soap, and washed himself. He found a towel and dried off, sliding on his boxer shorts and his robe he always brought along.

He walked out and came to a stop. Kathy was sitting in the little wooden chair in front of the mirror, brushing her hair. She had the towel laid across her lap, other than that she was naked! Her bare breasts hung from her upper body, moving gently with the motion of the hairbrush.

Her nipples were a mildly darker shade of pink than the surrounding flesh, shaped like half a Walnut shell. His view was from the side, but the reflection in the mirror on the wall hid nothing at all.

She looked up at him with a smile, noticing his surprise.

"Relax, it's no big deal, we work together." She said, then returned to brushing out her hair.

Mark had no idea at all why working together would make this all right, but he went and sat down in the other chair, clicked on the TV.

"I sleep this way too so I guess you will just need to get used to it." She smiled, getting up and standing there naked now, facing him with no sign at all of shyness. Her body was soft and feminine, almost completely hairless except for a thin strip right above her vagina.

One glance told him for certain where the tiny hair he had found on the bar of soap in the shower came from. That strip pointed like an arrow to her loins, they protruded, obvious and wrinkled. The way she stood he could even see that at the very center of her opening, the flesh opened outwards like a flower.

Kathy had one hand carelessly on her hip, a sly smile on her face like she was really enjoying this.

Mark struggled with himself to not look at her, and failed miserably. Once again he felt himself begin to erect. Nervous, he looked down and then unable to stop himself he looked at Kathy again.

She stood there quietly, smiling, letting him look at her.

"I was thinking that I would..a blanket will be fine, I can sleep on the floor." He said finally, after what seemed to be several minutes but was only seconds.

"Oh, don't be silly! We are both adults. Besides, we have to be at the office downtown by 9, we will need our sleep." She said, walking right by him to the small bed, reaching out and turning the covers back. Sliding in, she hesitated for a moment, her legs open, one on the floor and one up on the bed. This exposed her vagina completely.

Mark had given up trying to not look at her, his mind was now filled with lust. She was open, inviting, she even looked to be slightly damp.

He very nearly just reached out and grabbed her, but the combination of surprise and her completely relaxed manner gave him pause.

Then she tugged the covers up over herself, patted the bed, rolled over facing away. There was that moment in there, but now he was confused, unsure.

That is how Mark and Kathy ended up sharing a double bed in a low cost hotel room that night. It would have helped a lot if it had been a King size bed, or even a Queen size but it wasn't.

The bed was just a double, she was right there. Mark turned his back and moved as far away as he could, trying to give her room.

He could feel the heat from her body, and was completely aware that she was totally nude. Her body wasn't amazingly beautiful, rather she looked like a normal middle thirties young woman, soft and with an ever so slight sag to her medium sized breasts.

There was a little bit of roundness at her abdomen, she was hairless except for that thin strip right up the center, an apparent wax job.

What was surprising was her almost complete lack of concern about being totally naked in front of him like they were a long term married couple or something.

It took Mark a very long time to fall asleep, but finally he managed to fitfully doze off.

+++

"I love you so much!" The voice in his dream told him. The vision of Jasmine's overly large outer lips wrapped around his erection flashed into his mind. She had complete control over her vaginal muscles, making love to her was like an explosion.

There was no face in the dream, just that voice, those sensations. The vision changed, now it was Kathy's face, that smile. She lifted her hips towards him, her legs open. Mark felt himself thrust, then thrust again without success. He was having sex, but something was wrong?

He felt motion, it woke him up. It was pitch dark in the room. For a few moments he had no idea where he was, then he felt the body move alongside of him again. Somehow Kathy was now in front of him, close. He realized he had one arm draped over her side, his fingertips brushing the side of her bare breast.

Quickly he drew it back.

"Are you OK?" He heard Kathy whisper.

"Yes, fine."

"You keep poking me with that thing, it wakes me up." Her voice had a soft giggling tone to it.

"OH! God, I am so sorry. This bed is way too small." He realized he had an erection and it was sticking out from his boxer shorts.

"Why don't you go in the bathroom and take care of that?" She was still whispering.

"I...I don't..." Mark was terribly embarrassed now. He had wanted to do that earlier but he was afraid she might hear him and know.

"Oh, what the hell! Here, let me help you!" She suddenly sat up and turned his way. He felt her feeling for the towel she had left on a nearby chair, her other hand reached out and grabbed him, she didn't even pull his shorts down.

It was so dark he couldn't make out her face.

"I...wait!" Mark managed, but it was too late, her hand was now very busy. He lost all control and allowed that. It didn't take her two minutes and he felt himself release. She sensed it also, even though it was still pitch black in the room. He felt her use the towel to catch his seed, she wiped him up and let go. Dropping the towel onto the floor, she rolled over and was back asleep in minutes.

The only sound she made was a tiny soft titter, she didn't say another word.

Mark lay there completely flabbergasted, from the time they had entered the room it was one surprise after another.

When he woke up, Kathy was sitting in the chair fully dressed, looking at him. She looked beautiful.

"Morning, sleepy head. I was about to wake you up, we need to be at the job in an hour."

"OK." Mark groaned and rolled out of bed. That was when it hit him that he was now naked himself.

"I took those off you, they got a bit yukky last night and I didn't want to mess up the bed. You sure do sleep soundly!" She smiled sweetly. He had no idea at all when she had done that.

"I...uhh..." Mark hesitated.

"Go on, get up. I have already seen it, it's a nice big one, too." She was still grinning, then she laughed. That was delightful, like music, but it made Mark blush again.

Lord!

Mark got up, stood there naked for a moment, aware of her eyes on him. That caused his penis to begin to rise, he quickly moved towards the bathroom.

"I really do like that!" She called out as he went into the bathroom and closed the door.

Then she giggled. Mark had to masturbate, he thought the shower would cover any sounds.

It did not take very long.

+++

They got to the office right on time, Mark handled the situation down in the shipping department in less than an hour. Kathy was up in accounting, he had seen the grin on the rather heavy set older shop foreman's face when he got a look at Kathy. He had seen that before, and knew to just let her handle that part.

Finally she came out, they took a cab back to the hotel. At the desk, they both got suites for the night as the convention had cleared out. That evening, they shared dinner, once in the elevator he asked her if she wanted to come to his room.

"No, thank you. I need to get some sleep." She smiled sweetly, getting off on her floor. Mark rode the elevator on up to his own room, completely confused.

He hadn't even kissed her, yet she had sat up and masturbated him the night before like it was something normal, just something she needed to do?

+++

A couple of times over the next few weeks he asked her for a date, she turned him down every time. Then they flew together to Dallas, Mark was thinking maybe they might get together there but it was the same. They shared meals and taxis, worked together, she went to her room and he went to his.

It was like Chicago had never even happened. Finally at dinner their last night in Dallas, he asked her straight out. She had masturbated him, been naked in front of him, yet now she acted like they were just fellow workers?

"We were just in a room together, that is all that was. I wasn't about to spend an entire evening trying to cover up, it's not a big deal since we are both adults." She smiled as she took a bite of her meal.

"Yes, but you...?"

"Oh, that? You kept poking me with it, I know you didn't mean to because you were snoring. I was pretty sure you weren't going to go take care of it and I needed to get my sleep."

"Oh. I guess I understand...?"

"No, you probably don't. I was just trying to make you comfortable. It's no big deal, unless you think that makes me...easy?" She was looking right into Mark's eyes at that.

Mark blushed profusely.

"No, it's not that..I just...Oh, I don't know what I thought."

"You asked me out several times and I said no. That's because I didn't want you to think anything bad about me. I am not easy. But if you really still want to, I will go out with you, as long as you don't think it's just going to end up with sex."

"Kathy, I would love to date you!" Mark blurted out.

"OK. I would like that too." She grinned at him.

+++

Mark was happy that first night he picked her up at her apartment. He pushed the security button and she answered instantly, telling him she would be right down.

It was almost a half hour before the door opened, it was worth the wait. Kathy was gorgeous! Gone was the business suit, she had on a pretty full length dress, a shawl over her shoulders.

"Do I look all right?" She did a little spin.

"Fantastic!" Mark managed, after gulping a couple of times. She certainly looked different than she did in her usual business attire.

Dinner was nice, dancing was even nicer. Kathy was getting quite a bit of attention since she was easily one of the prettiest women in the room, several men came over and asked her to dance but she turned all of them down with a smile.

It was one of those evenings that Mark wanted to never end, by the time they got back to her apartment he knew he wanted her. She turned to him and thanked him for the nice evening, then leaned forward and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. Quickly she turned and went inside.

He was suddenly alone and did not want to be. He wanted to be with her. The way she had melted into his arms when they were dancing, the way her voice sounded when she laughed with him during their meal, the smell of her, a trace of Lavender, everything had combined to make him want her.

Those were feelings, sensations that Mark had thought he would never know again.

Mark barely made it to the sidewalk, and was just getting into the cab when his cell phone rang.

"You didn't ask to come up." Kathy's voice said.

"No. I wasn't..I didn't want you to think...?"

"Would you like to?" Her voice had a sultry teasing tone in it.

"Yes! I would! Very much!" He answered.

"If I let you, are you going to stay? You won't get up and leave in the middle of the night?" She asked.

"Yes. I will stay." Mark knew he meant that, too.

"Hurry, Mark." She said, and hung up. Mark handed the cabbie a wad of cash, not even sure how much, getting a huge grin from the guy and a thumbs up as he almost ran for the door. She pushed the button to open it just as he got there, he didn't wait for the elevator, instead ran up all four flights.

Kathy was standing in her open doorway when he got there, panting.

"I love you, Kathy!" He blurted out. Had anyone even suggested that he would ever say those words again, Mark would have laughed at them.

She looked directly into his eyes, then her own eyes filled with tears.

"I thought so, I hoped so. I love you too!"

Then she was tearing at his clothing.

The next morning he woke to find her sitting in a chair near the bed, completely nude. She was looking at him, the covers were pulled down and he was also naked.

"I never knew." She murmured.

"Never knew what?" Mark asked.

"I never knew it could be like that." She smiled.

"Come here." Mark patted the bed beside himself. He did know, there is such a huge difference between plain sex and sex with love. He had loved Jasmine, completely. But she had destroyed that love, and nearly destroyed him in the process.

Now once again, he was in love. The entire world seemed bright again.

Mark went back to his own apartment just one time after that, that was to get his things and move out. Kathy went with him to help.

+++

Kathy quit her job much to the chagrin of Gerald. There was a solid string of replacements after that, finally a mid thirties housewife named Samantha took on the job and she worked out just fine.

In short order Sam and Mark became friends, they worked well together. But Mark didn't really like the times away from Kathy, although there was nothing to be done about it.

Kathy never showed even a speck of jealousy even though Sam was quite a beautiful woman. It was obvious that Samantha was completely in love with her own man so there was no real reason to anyway.

Every single time Mark came home from his trips, Kathy was there waiting for him. One of the really fun things she would do was be sitting there naked when he walked in the door. Mark was almost used to that, it was strange but fun.

For some reason it never really crossed his mind that this was odd, since Kathy dressed mildly conservative most of the time. Just every once in a long while, they would be going out somewhere and she would floor him with outfits that would best be described as mildly sexy.

"Wow!" Was his typical reaction.

"You like?" She would smile, doing that little spin she did so often when she dressed sexy like that.

"Yes, but you sure are showing a lot!" Mark would tell her, one dress she wore with no bra and if anyone got even slightly above her or even from the side, her nipples would show.

"Is it OK? I am with you." Those words caused a tiny chill to flow through Mark, he had heard Jasmine say almost exactly the same thing that night everything went all to hell.

But this was his Kathy, he knew he could trust her completely. Looking so beautiful, so sexy on his arm made him feel proud.

"I guess. As long as you are careful, at the right angle I can see right in there." He said.

"I will be careful, I know it's kind of peek a boo, but it's just to turn you on, Honey." She hooked her arm in his and out they went. Mark by now knew very well what the evening would be like, and he also knew he was in for one of those crazy bedroom sessions once they got home.

The first few times she acted like that, Mark had asked her about it. Her answer was always the same, she said she felt sexy and wanted to get him all excited.