It was Just a One Night Stand.

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Dinsmore
Dinsmore
1,897 Followers

I had never seen Kayla dressed for the evening; she was breath taking. I had hired a limo in case we had drinks to take us down into the city for dinner. As I took her hand to help her into the back of the limo I suddenly realized what an astounding woman she had become. She was all grown up. As we were escorted to our table at a small, off the main but superb restaurant, there wasn't a man in the room who could resist stealing a glance.

We bantered through a couple of dirty Martinis, playful, laughing...genuinely enjoying ourselves. I couldn't keep my eyes off her; I feared that I was working too hard at being charming. I wanted to impress her; I wanted her to enjoy being with me and want to do so again and again. I shut up and simply soaked in everything about her, her voice, her eyes...I had a momentary vision of the first time I had seen her, our first dinner together and, of course the night together which had followed. Some time between wine and the appetizer, it hit me like a bolt of lightening.

I had fallen in love with Kayla. I was never sure when, maybe I'd always been in love with her but at that instant I knew there was no one else in the world I could ever spend the rest of my life with.

"Jack? Are you still with me?"

I smiled. "More than you could ever believe and more than I've ever been with anyone in my whole life."

"Still the charmer Jack. You can lay it on pretty thick when you're trying to get in a girl's pants." She said, softly. "Not that you have to tonight; I was actually planning to go to bed with you tonight, just for old times sake! You were certainly the most talented lover I've ever had...before or since. So you don't have to..."

"Kayla, be quiet and listen. I never again enjoyed being the one night stand traveling salesman after you. I gave it up. I tried to get involved in more meaningful relationships; it just didn't work out. No one could hold a candle to you. I now believe I've been in love with your for the last six years; I just couldn't or wouldn't admit it. I don't know how you feel about me. I know you at least like and respect me and certainly I feel the same about you. So listen and listen very carefully so there's no misunderstanding...I love you."

"Jack?" Kayla exclaimed, quickly dabbing her beautiful eyes with her napkin. "Do you know what you're saying?"

"Look hon, you already told me you'd go to bed with me and that's one line I've never used to get laid. Let me try again. I'm in love with you; I love you; I don't ever want to spend another minute of my life with any other women other than you. If I had a ring in my pocket I'd get down on one knee and propose to you in front of all of these people. But, babe, I've got to know...do I stand a chance with you?"

"Oh, Jack, you're crazy! Don't tease me...not a day goes by when I haven't thought about you...wanted you in my arms..."

"Then Kayla, for God's sake, look deep in your heart...if it's there, I've got to know..."

"If I'm in love with you?"

"Yes." I said more scared than I had ever been about a possible answer.

"You're such a silly, silly man. I don't have to look deep in my heart. I've loved you since that first time we made love. I've been, or so I thought, hopelessly in love with you for six years. Working with you has only made me love you more. Of course I love you...did I hide it that well?"

"Say it again, just let me hear you say it again...just the three words..."

"I love you. Now it's your turn, just to be sure."

"I love you, Kayla."

"Did you in a fit of madness actually intimate that you wanted to marry me?"

"Madness? I'm mad about you. I'll prove it. The stores are open late at this time of year. We'll eat dinner. We'll go find a jewelry store...Tiffany is just down the street...I'll get the ring tonight...we'll pick it out together..."

"You are a crazy but very wonderful man. Here come our steaks; I'm not into desert, are you? I'm going to call your bluff and see just how full of shit you are."

We woofed down the superb steaks grinning at each as we chewed. Soon we were back in the limo heading for Tiffany. Our tastes were the same, the classic Tiffany setting.

"That's way too big, Jack." Kayla exclaimed, examining the big rock on her left hand. It fit perfectly; it would require no resizing.

"I don't ever plan to buy another one and it looks perfect on you. You like it, admit it? I thought so. We'll take it. Let's go ahead and pick out the wedding bands while we're here."

I had the limo driver take us down to an area on the lake and down on one knee in the gray sand, I asked Kayla to marry me; she said yes. And then we got back into the limo and made out like teens all the way back to the North Shore.

"As I mentioned before, you're going to get lucky...your place or mine." Kayla whispered, nibbling my ear.

"Mine! I've still got that black lab and he gets lonely."

We got to my house, settled the pup down and Kayla spoke. "Oh my, a hot tub...have you been..."

"Fergus likes to get in it, but no, I've never entertained any lady friends in that unit."

"How well do you remember our first time together?"

"I remember it as if it was yesterday."

"Then let's recreate it...just like back then, back in South Georgia." She said slipping out of her dress. We were both naked and descending into the warm swirling water in seconds.

"You used to be a damned fine kisser...that's how you won me over..."

"I'm a little out of practice, but I'm sure it will come back to me."

And that was twenty-two years ago. We both climbed the corporate ladder some more. We have two children, a girl nineteen and a boy twenty-one. The company got bought a few years ago and I took a liberal buyout and became a house husband and stay at home daddy...and I loved it.

Kayla stuck around for a few years and became a division president and corporate Vice President. The company got bought out again and Kayla took a liberal buy out and retired before her fortieth birthday. Both kids are now in college and now we have several big dogs and a few acres for them to roam on. And we have a hot tub...and we make out all the time.

We still take vacations every year in that little Georgia town with the great motel...we have a standing reservation...it's on the anniversary of the day we met which just happens to be our wedding anniversary.

Dinsmore
Dinsmore
1,897 Followers