All Comments on 'It was Written in the Stars Ch. 03'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 141 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous23 days ago

Wow. Stunning. You capture emotions very well.

kalash777kalash777about 2 months ago

Totally enjoyed it - thanks a lot!

SorchakSorchakabout 2 months ago

"She would be the best, most loving wife and mother a man ever had, but what were the chances?"

Well, if Cora doesn't turn into a flaming idiot again, honestly they're pretty good. Although she'll have to get off her butt and work at it. Otherwise, then she'll lose out.

Alright_alright_alrightAlright_alright_alright4 months ago

It felt like he was just setting with the Oriental chic, should have gotten back with ex-wife. She sounded hotter.

6King6King4 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

MorbidromanticMorbidromantic4 months ago

I loved it. Contrary to many readers, I didn't mind the MC seeming wimp. I prefer a "wimp" who doesn't forgive the cheater and moves on to a consenting cuckold or to one who ends up reconciling the cheater. 5* from me.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Just couldn't get with this one. I feel it would have worked far better, and would have been clearer for those on the shortbus, if Cora had been the one to come clean and ditch Steve for Mark on the grounds of star chart compatibility.

Tbf like staunch religious people, astrologists are a little crazy. It infects their everyday life, the further down the rabbit hole the more the believers are ruled by it. This kind of crazy just doesn't go unnoticed and has a profound effect on the people and relationships around them.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

RATS. (☆Stars, backwards)

'the fault not lies with the stars,

but within ourselves ') Shakespeare?

jocko_smithjocko_smith8 months ago

"I appreciate the offer, Steve, I really do, but after going out with a couple of recently divorced men I've learned something...they all have a lot of baggage they carry with them for a long time,"

Karen has a SON, and she complains about Steve's "baggage." As Bugs Bunny would say, "What a maroon!"

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

“Just for my records I had her fill out an application as well as insurance forms.” So — Steve is a sole proprietor who has never had employees….and he has employment and insurance forms handy? Too funny 😎

.

But seriously…well done tale with a happy ending. I’d like to think that Cora, now that she’s ditched the mumbo jumbo, will find a nice guy sooner rather than later.

.

4 ****

backgar12backgar129 months ago

Excellent as always L!

l0ver0tical0ver0tica11 months ago

Great story! Thanks!

LastMissionLastMission11 months ago

A well written and entertaining story. But, holy crap some of the comments.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades12 months ago

Enjoyed the read. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another wonderful story by one of my favorite LW story writers. 5 stars.

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

3 stars - just another average BTB story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Don't buy Cora's rejection of astrology. Astrology is like a religion that claims to be supported by """science""" (with added quotation marks for emphasis). Like with any faith, the believers rationalize away facts that do not match the belief system. She would never admit to being wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Karen's one to talk about fucking "baggage" and divorced men. Should have left Karen as a divorced single mom raising a kid by all by herself working a crummy waitress job at Denny's for the rest of her life. Cora's fate should have been a lonely life as a perpetual crazy old cat lady dying alone in her shitty apartment and then her dead corpse being eaten by her horde of cats.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story!

Regguy69Regguy69almost 2 years ago

I thought I had read all of your stories, but some how I missed this one. Hard to believe someone could actually believe in the whole astrology thing to the point of blowing up a good five year marriage. I knew a gal that did the charting thing, but she wasn’t delusional about it. This was a fun read, as are all of your stories. Glad the MC found happiness and there was no stupid Raac.

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961about 2 years ago

Good story even though cora wound up alone by her own fault I still kinda sory for her 4

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

To mrfriendly: It may be over-used chliche', but that's because it works.

And even though astrology was the vehicle for the plot, even the plot was cliche'. His ex-wife cheated because she thought with her pussy, and believed to be trading up with someone new and exciting. She USED astrology to justify it. Not the other way around. She was upset because she got caught, and had to own her deception and cruelty. She could no longer hide behind the excuses of astrology. After-all, if she found her soulmate why not tell her husband before fucking the guy? The reason is simple. She wanted to have her cake and eat it too. Her husband was the safety net. If Mark failed, she could crawl back to him without any worry. She doesn't respect other people. That's why the ending works so well, because she's a cunt. Yes, feel pity for her. But not sympathy. She's not a good person. A good/delusional person would have asked her husband for a divorce to start dating her soulmate. She did not do that. She wanted to waste his time, she wanted to use his resources, she wanted him as a back up plan. That's shady at best.

The astrology did play a part in all this, but not a big part. This is still a story about flawed people interacting with each other. She learned a valuable lesson, but didn't dig deeper into her own psyche. Probably because she wouldn't like what she finds.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The whole rubbing the wife's nose in their happiness is so tired and overused. Fits the same template as all of these stories despite the otherwise unconventional reason for their divorce (astrology not the bog standard cheating). Would have been nice if the MC didn't end up with the first woman he met after the divorce as is true in 90% of these LW tales. At least give us some tension before ending it in the most cliché way possible.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

agree with AngelRider...the end was too convenient Frankly the whole addon with Cora's internal soliloquy as she watches the pregnant Megan with her children at the mall...is so out of context it is not believable...worse...it borders on trite. This one did not deserve the kid glove treatment of Cora at the end... Repentant or not...she is still a cold hearted betraying bitch....and a much more decisive treatment would have been in order.

But you do write a killer love story...so its a 4 star.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 3 years ago

Too convenient at the end. No tension. Belonged with Karen

SarahwithloveSarahwithlovealmost 3 years ago

Wasn't prepared for Cora's betrayal and almost lost interest at the absurdity of her reasoning, but stuck with it and I am so glad I did. Happy for Steve, his ordeal was heart wrenching. I am surprised at my feelings for Cora at end. I would hope that she would find happiness and I can't believe I think that (c'mon, I'm a Republican!). Oh well.

secretsalsecretsalalmost 3 years ago

It's always amusing to see the exes in these stories continually come back, announce the errors of their ways, and make pitches for second chances, all with zero tact. Brass balls, for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I LIKED IT BUT ; IT WAS A LITTLE TOO LONG , THE MIDDLE BORING . I GAVE IT 5 STARS BECAUSE IT WAS GOOD OVERALL .

francemanfrancemanalmost 3 years ago

Another great story.

5⭐

it took a little while, but it did heal eventually.

Thanks for sharing your talent

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
What are the chances she'll meet a good guy?

Pretty high. There's a lot of them out there. The question she should have asked is "Will she be worthy of them?"

As regards astrology? There are 12 star signs. There are approximately 7.6 billion people in the world. That means that about every 6 million people or so are exactly the same, and will have the exact same future, personality, experiences etc. So for any aquarius' out there.... Did you find those socks all 6 million of us lost that Thursday, 2 years ago?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Good story

The one part that seemed unrealistic was that Megan fell in love with Steve before she met him based on his work, advertising photographs. I’ve seen a lot of billboards, magazine ads, posters, etc and never fell in love with any photographers.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Very

Very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
You reeled it back in and fixed what I felt were problems with Cora's development in the 2nd

Well done

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Awesome!!!

Great story!!! 5 stars. It's nice when the good guy wins.

ErotFanErotFanalmost 4 years ago
Alternate ending:

"More tears rolled down her cheeks and she let out an inadvertent sob as she pulled a tissue from her purse. There was one thing she was sure of; if she ever did find another man; a man she could love and who would love her, she wouldn't blow it again. She would be the best, most loving wife and mother a man ever had, but what were the chances?"

Just then she heard a kind voice ask, "Are you alright, Miss?"

She looked up into a pair of the deepest brown eyes and replied that she was fine, just reminiscing about thinks that might have been.

Taking the seat across from her he smiled and said, "What's your sign?"

The End.

ErotFanErotFanalmost 4 years ago
Great story. Don't know why I avoided it 'til now.

So, "what are the chances?" Maybe she should consult her horoscope. No! Wait! Been there, done that!

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Finally got off stupid pills probably when Megan road with him couldn't resist usually ignore

But that one stuck for some reason maybe tar on road

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Two Quotes On Astrology

"The vast majority, who believe in astrology and think that the planets have nothing better to do than form a code that will tell them whether tomorrow is a good day to close a business deal or not, become all the more excited and enthusiastic." Isaac Asimov

"I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Sagittarius and we're skeptical." Arthur C. Clarke

Me, I used to be a Gemini until they decided the dates for the signs were wrong so now I'm not, don't know now and don 't care but I could be a Sagittarius. Another good story where it seemed to me pretty much everyone got what they deserved, with the exception of Barbara. Signed: BTW

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Nicely wrapped up

Well done on the wrap up, in too many stories it's, I know you cheated for 6 months but we can get back together, or BTB down. This was a very good ending wish more of the authors in here would see how well this works. Very well done, 5 stars. Oh could you do a followup from Coras perspective, may be interesting.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 4 years ago
Well Done!

Nothing much to say after that!

Best Regards

C

ChagrinedChagrinedover 4 years ago
Well done!!!

Nothing much to say after that!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
***** minus * = ****

Subtracting one star for refusing to listen to phone messages. That robs the story of significant content.

Ocker51Ocker51about 5 years ago
Loved It

Worth 5 stars and more ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Chicago to Peoria

The story did a great job of holding my attention from start to finish.

I am from Chicago and ended up in Peoria.

I found this story to have some similarities to my own experiences.

I'm old school and a true Romantic.

Very good job but yes a bit scary to some of the similarities of my own experiences.

Rhinoman1951Rhinoman1951over 5 years ago
About the dance request. ..

Sbrooks was almost a like mind when he said if his date was asked to dance by a man before he asked Sbrooks if it was OK with him, she should ask Sbrooks herself, implying that would make it right. Personally, in that instance, I would tell her to go ahead and dance so she wouldn't be lonely after I was gone! Any woman who would dance with a man that rude would have no appeal to me. Her only appropriate response should be an immediate and emphatic "No."

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

What a great story! Steve was actually very lucky to divorce the crazy slut before they had any children. Cora freaking out about her husband supposedly lacking integrity, then her going on to have an affair proved what a loon she was.

Ironically, Cora and Mark were a perfect match. Both of them were pieces of shit, so they were well suited together.

Like the comments below said, the final few paragraphs with Cora were unnecessary. Her crawling back to Steve to tell him her tale of woe, only to find out he'd upgraded and moved on was enough. Cora crying her eyes out as she left in misery was a fitting end for the appalling way she treated her loving husband.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Good idea, decent start

and then a cliche ending. Well at least the main hero is the man of the highest possible virtue. Thank god we did not get more chauvinistic proselytizing which is usually the main game in these semi-BTB stories.

I love when one refers to "models" as "hard-working girls". :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Your quite the romantic. That's a very good thing.

Your quite the romantic. That's a very good thing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Another 5 * Story

I have read about how much faith women put in horoscopes, women's magazine questions such as "Do You Have a Happy Marriage?" This story bears witness to my thoughts. This is not to disparage women (which I love all of them), but shows how easy people can be swayed from that which they believe to be true. Many stories here relate to how divorced people sway others to join them in their so called love feasts by their one night stands. We are in year 52 of our marriage... bumps, pot holes, you bet, recover, double you bet.

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
ONE BAD...ABOUT THE STAR WRITINGS

whatever is there its the viewer who interpets, TK U MLJ LV NV

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Another

Another great story by one of the best in Lit.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 6 years ago
Another Literotica classic. I think I finally figured out why...

... this and a few other of LTW's stories I consider thus. Not only are they technically well written, have good dialogue, and character development and stays relatively focused (as do most of the other great writers here), but also have interesting, or unusual singular elements (in this case the smashing of the rings), AND also a unique or unusual main twist within the story (not just a "twist" in the end). In this case it's the astrology aspect. Combine the 4 or 5 (or 6) elements and you get a classic.

I've given many stories on Litererotica 4-stars (or 4.5-stars if it were possible), but the 5th star has to have all the above, at least to a certain extent.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
Very Nice!

Simply a wonderful story with all the elements of a good LW's story. *****

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundover 6 years ago
Nicely written

with plenty of character development and coherent scene development. Well done. I was keen to read right through.

Cliche ending? Well why not.

FD45FD45over 6 years ago
You know what would have made this perfect?

A scene where Megan visits that Old Woman in the Woods, paying her off for doing the Tarot Cards which lead her to Steve...and maybe that little love potion she mixed in when she was sent out to lunch. Obviously Astrology is bunk but Tarot....

It would have been ironically fitting.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
THE TRANSFORMATION IS COMPLETE

all the way to the sellers remorse and regret, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wine and Whines

Quite a bit too much preaching for this reader's taste. And why the breathless feminine crying fits from the protagonist? It's unnecessary, unless of course the man is wearing pantyhose.

But it's the hook of this tale, the title and the related subject matter, that falls completely flat. Really flat. Like Bonneville Salt Flats flat. A complete non-starter with no depth whatsoever. It quickly devolved into something pathological on the part of this writer and the protagonist. There is nothing in this man's character or person with which to sympathize. He is a dolt. A joe camel with a low brow, pedestrian attitude.

Astrology in the modern day is the dried husk of a former vital way of understanding the universe, something that could be called Astrosophy. But even in its current degraded condition it is quite a bit more creative than drooling football watchers and nutless, pathetic, political dupes mindlessly consuming their one-dimensional media verities.

The constant fist pounding and breast beating of this loser protagonist is a huge fail. It would seem, though, that he makes out in the end. But why should all three or four women shamelessly kiss his ass? That doesn't make for good reading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Sch good writing, with only a couple of burps:

"Megan road with me, Erica and Jean drove together, …"

"We sat and watched from the large rocks as bright yellow moon beans danced on top of the black water."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Very well done

I thought the ending was very good. The entire story was excellent. Thank you

DoctimeDoctimealmost 7 years ago

I have to agree. We did not need to revisit Cora. Sometimes it is hard to know when to stop. However that is what editors are for.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 7 years ago

It think it should have ended with us seeing Steve and Megan happy together, the bit with Cora just turned the end into a bit of a downer.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
I liked most of the ending

But I wish the story had finished on a happy note after the wedding instead of going negative with the bit about Cora.

georgelittle2000georgelittle2000over 7 years ago
Great!

Awesome story!

His frustration and sadness is almost palpable. Besides, how do you fight against someone's convictions, even if they're that silly?

I hope you continue writing that kind of stories

Pappy7Pappy7almost 8 years ago
Not a bad story. I bet there

are multitudinous people who want the main decisions of their lives taken away from them. So they turn to things like astrology to use a formulaic approach to their lives. If they like it and it works for them, their outlook, let them do it. I do however disagree with the idea that her cheating was better than other cheating because she wasn't malicious about it. Doesn't matter what the reason's for cheating it is wrong and should call for some form of retribution. She set out to cheat and did, even if she had tripped and fallen on the other guy's dick, it was adultery. So I call bullshit on excused cheating, can't happen. Sad thing is, people like her look just like real people and appear to be normally intelligent. Can't really tell that they have a malfunction at times. If she didn't love her husband and he wasn't the one for her she should have divorced him and moved on, no excuse to do it like she did. As for the waitress, I would image that so hard on the heels of his betrayal when she looked into his eyes all she could see were the bowels of hell. A good thing to stay away from and keep your child away from. She knew he was a nice guy, he was just too damaged at that time. All's well that ends well. Hooty-hoo

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through...

A five star effort. Certainly an interesting premise.

JudyLeeJudyLeeover 8 years ago
Stupid should be painful.

I dabbled in astrology and tarot when I was much younger, but I have grown out of that phase of my life. It's so easy to let the stars or the cards make your decisions for you. I do hope that Cora finds happiness someday. If mistakes are made but lessons learned, the experience can make one stronger. JudyLee

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good

I love your story writing I love how it's just not about sex also love the characters and the story line. Can't wait to read more of your work

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Jeanette

The problem with Jeanette was similar to the problem in “But, Honey, It Was Just A Dance”. If the other guy doesn’t have enough class to ask the escort’s permission before asking the lady to dance, SHE should turn to her date and ask him HERSELF, not simply go off with the other guy!

icebreadicebreadalmost 9 years ago
Yep another one..

A good story thank you.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Other Thoughts

Astrology Worked? NO! Astrology said that he lacked integrity and would lie to her, he never lied to her, SHE was the one who lied and cheated!

Re: Religion – I’m a Militant Agnostic – I don’t know, and YOU don’t either!

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Cora

I disagree with those who want her to live a lonely, miserable life.

Unlike most of the cheaters here, she didn't cheat out of malice, or selfishness, but out of foolishness, which she has paid for and regrets deeply.

She has learned her lesson, and as long as she works for it, she deserves it.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Ring Smashing

While I agree that it was a nice dramatic touch, rings, especially engagement rings are expensive! He should have sold them better!

I also agree with the comments about him NOT immediately getting a hot babe, and how he had to work through his grief over the end of his marriage. And Karen, as much as she wanted him, having the common sense not to jump into a relationship that he wasn't ready for, and getting HER good man in the end.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Thoughts

“they both started coming back to the meetings” – Sure, once they no longer needed the meetings to cover for their cheating they could go again.

“Karen told me I'd better tell you how I feel or I could lose you." – LOL, TELL him, you didn’t have to seduce him!

As for Cora, as long as it wasn't with Mark, I guess she's done her penance, and I wish her well.

sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
Well Written, Good Plot

Easy to read without tripping over the writing, good realistic, believable plot. Almost too realistic. A lot of the potential dramatic tension was sacrificed to the main characters' calm, cool headed approach to his situation. The writing kept the story flowing but not enough was made of him finding new love in his life. We needed that moment where he realized that it was not astrology (flaky as it is) that was the problem. It was Cora. Cheating is always a matter of character. The problem was HER, not some crackpot superstitious hokum. If Mark had been her "perfect mate", if she really believed that; then a conversation, followed by a divorce prior to cheating would have sufficed. In fact, she simply was into the romance of cheating and being the center of intense attention. She was living her fantasy and her husband was going to pay the bill for it. What should have been brought home more was the value of love and family. More about the relationship of him and his second wife, more about them and their kids. That is what life is all about. It would have been nice if it had ended with him realizing that Cora had never really been his wife, she was just playing a game. They were married in name only. It would have been nice for him to reach a place of total indifference to her in the realization that she really was nobody to him, or anyone else.

loveoverlustloveoverlustabout 9 years ago

Do not ridicule the TRUTH of religion,for the foolishness of its followers.

Never teach medicine to a fool.He will turn out to be a charlatan.

All the knowledge on earth cannot redeem a fool.

Yep,you guessed it right,I'm talking about Cora & Astrology,of course.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The Stars

I wonder why Cora didn't 'see' her future in the stars??

Great story - keep 'm coming.

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 10 years ago
How stupid could she possibly be...?

Her starting an affair, especially with the intent of eventually being with the guy permanently, and changing the way she treated her spouse for an act he had yet to commit all because "the stars said to" is as stupid as taking a stranger's word for something that will be life altering.

If a stranger said your spouse were cheating you'd like to think you'd at least look into it before deciding to just shoot them...

And the fact she had YEARS of seeing how he was to build her thoughts upon and then to just brush all of that aside for stars...?

Geese, woman, get a mind of your own...

Good read about stupid obsession.

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 10 years ago
Very nice all around

Really great story, with good balance. If you are with someone who has a really different world view, that's trouble that you usually can't paint over. Someone who is gullible enough to think that the stars and planets determine your life has a serious problem, the old "have an open mind, but not so open that you brains fall out" problem. When she came to him after being caught and apologized but still said it was in the stars I think I would have strangled her just a little. Anyhow, a nice resolution and happy ending.

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
THE CHANCES ARE FOR EVER THE SAME

what she needs is opportunity. TK U MLJ LV NV

PhotoproffPhotoproffalmost 10 years ago
The wedding ring.

I was fine until Megan placed her fathers ring on Steven's finger. Isn't it human, how some little insignificant sentence can cause one to tear up. Great story.

DjshengDjshengalmost 10 years ago
Great read

I saw some negative comments about negative comments. I think that everyone should be allowed their own opinion and if they didn't like the story, then they didn't like the story. Big deal it's not the end of the world and it's not like it stopped you from enjoying the story. Either way, this story was a great read and I agree with the guy who said Cora and Mark belong together because they're both scumbags haha, good one!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
A 5 star story

I too do not understand the negative comments? I often find myself watching Dr. Phil and have to listen to babbling couples explain away why they cheat and divorce. Its simple, her views of her life and family, home and marriage were different. Cora broke her own vows, oath, trust or bond even pledge. Nobody not even the stars are to blame. even in her despair upon witnessing her wedding ring being smashed, the symbol or circle of a bond in marriage, Cora never fought to reclaim their marriage. Instead she continued her relationship with a man that as she put it was never in the stars. The ending however shows me, Cora might not be a stalker now, but soon will be. Seen Megan now pregnant and with another child by her EX, will and have pushed her over the edge. In reality I would be fearful of Cora for fear she would do harm to Megan, having children and Cora now being single slowly losing time to have children will make her do crazy things. I am glad this is fiction, or hope it is.

urbane500urbane500almost 10 years ago
Not too impressive

Your negative comments on a submission attracted my attention so I read some of yours. I was taken aback by the length and pointless content. Good composition but fails in the erotic department.

You might gain some insights by reading Quinn Rogan's material. Top notch!

Here's his address -- http://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=35760&page=submissions

bonnietaylorbonnietaylorabout 10 years ago
Gutless????? This from a ass hole who won't

use his/her name. Dear Annony!! You are such a fuck bubble and you have no idea of the definition of gutless, When you look it up, your face appears in the definition.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
and dear annony. You must be an ass hole

gave it a 5! Just to piss you off

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Mindless garbage !

1 Star !!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Damn, that was good! 5*****

Thanks for writing. tom anon

P.S. I'm a good guy who could make Cora a happy woman. Can you fix us up? I'm an Aquari...oh shit--forget it.

Thanks again, your work is giving me a lot of entertainment.

ACP45ACP45about 10 years ago
Cora was right about one thing

Cora was absolutely right about Mark being her perfect mate. Both of them were made for each other – lying cheats with no concern about naive concepts such as honor, integrity and marriage vows made before God, family and friends.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
I liked it a lot -

The use of the Astrology charting was a priceless gimmick - she believed in a fantasy and ruined her life over it - she felt this non-science was better than her own life as it was - right in front of her eyes. Well close but then again - not even.

Nicely written and as for the fairly tale ending for all involved including Karen 0- well fine you tied up all those loose ends people scream about - not required but just fine LOL

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
Incredible story with love lost and new love...very rich and entertaining.

This wasn't a fun story but it had drama emotion pain and hope and finally lover's bliss. The story as tight well constructed and flowed nicely. I enjoyed the characters especially the main ones. I felt sorry for Cora. The follies of youth and poor judgment ruined their marriage. Her sadness at the end was a mixed bag of sorts, while on the one hand she deserved punishment for treating her poor husband badly and then I felt sorry for her. I guess she was fortunate to realize the error of her ways so she has an opportunity to move forward. Living well is the best revenge! Thanks for your effort!

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
"Unbelievable"

@searching0240

Yeah, Christians do believe in God. It's the Atheists that are the reason the moral compass in this country is going downhill fast.

Me? I'm a dyslexic agnostic insomniac. I stay up all night, contemplating the possible existence of a Dog.

This is still a 5 Star read.

searching0240searching0240over 10 years ago
Unbelievable

First...,

Oriental?????

The author absolutely must be a white male in his 50's or older.

2nd...,

Christians believe in this magical being, who is omnipotent, and omniscient, and who shows his love by allowing his acolytes to do horrible things to innocent people. Astrology is ridiculous. But all other religions are equally ridiculous.

Other than the racism and religious bigotry, it was an entertaining story.

Robert

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Fine entertaining Story

Obviously anything that is posted in LW will be full of echoes. In this case the plot motivators were a bit different and there are a lot of fascinating cameos. I especially like the scenes with Karen the waitress. The idea of Megan being in love with him before he even met her is fascinating even if unlikely to really occur.

Five stars...

artykay63artykay63over 10 years ago
excellent

well thought out and excecuted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good story

But the punctuation was poorly executed; the constant overuse of a certain punctuation mark was grievous; misuse of punctuation made the story hard to get through; your future stories could benefit from the services of a good editor. Hopefully, enough said.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Astrology worked after all?

Didn't the cheating wife predict this accurately? Her husband did something to end their marriage, he caught her cheating. How dare he! She found her perfect mate, too, after all who did she deserve, the loyal husband or the rat with the perfect match chart? Chalk one up for astrology, I say!

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
A good Romantic Revenge Story

To the revenge story haters. THIS STORY IS REVENGE STORY TOO AND A CHEATING WIFE ROMANTIC REVENGE STORY IS ALWAYS BTB STORY! The revenge stories are not only the cruel revenge stories, not to sell cheating wives to Central American Whorehose stories. The Romantic Revenge is same BTB as a Modern Figaro Type Revenge Story too. What is it like the Romantic Revenge weapons. To live better IS NOT ROMANTIC REVENGE. The Romantic Revenge is when the cheating ex wife knows her ex is live better and she gets this information in a shock..................This is same BTB, as a Central American Whorehouse........

The story Have two Romantic Revenge weapons:

1. When Cora came to the studio to confess she did not believe in the Astrology and to hope a reconcilation.

2. The Mall scen with the baby and the pregnant Megan.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 10 years ago
5 Stars!

It is not often I can give out five stars, but this score was written in the stars! An excellent job and great alternative to the BTB. This was excellent! Laptop, you care going to have to work to equal this one!

Very Best Regards,

C

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicover 10 years ago
Best story of this year

It is a great story from the airgeaded first wife to the the ending at the mall where she got to see what she gave up for some stray cock. It is funny to me why they think that affairs are great to have right up to the time they are cought. They never act normal once they deside to stray, they just act and look differnt. Hard to miss.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous